They Stole Max's Brain - Waiting Thread

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
All right, we all know how it goes. The constant refreshing of the games page and the sleepless night in anticipation of the next installment of The Devil's Playhouse!
Well I think it's important to have a place to post while waiting because quite frankly, I'm afraid of going to sleep. The episode always gets released while I'm sleeping so I'm not falling for that this time. And other people might also want to...alleviate their Sam & Max withdrawal as well :)

So get the coffee ready and keep your fingers poised over the F5 button because it's midnight on Tuesday 22nd and They Stole Max's Brain could be released at any second. Like...right now. We...are getting a midnight release right? *puppy eyes*

Well it should be released! In any case, we can expect it any second now, I'm sure.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Nope, it's getting released at around 9 a.m. PST (it's PST right?), which is around 5 p.m. GMT.
  • edited June 2010
    can anyone confirm this? is the next installment due to be released soon?
  • edited June 2010
    It's only 6:00 P.M. on the 21st where I am. And it's usually around 3:00 P.M. on the release date here when the new episodes are released. In other words, it's gonna be a while.
  • edited June 2010
    21 hoers at most yay:(:(:(
  • edited June 2010
    It's usuall 8PMGMT, Noon PST. That's what it's been for entire Season.
  • edited June 2010
    I've got european PSN, do I have to wait any longer?:(
  • edited June 2010
    European PSN gets it on Wednesday.
  • edited June 2010
    curses!
  • edited June 2010
    If we could somehow sneak into the TTG offices and set all the clocks roughly 20 hours forward without anyone noticing, that might solve this predicament.
  • edited June 2010
    If someone could sneak into the TTG offices, they should put the game on the website already, not advance the clocks.
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo password do you now it no then hake the web site and put it up that works
    ps haker eneone
  • edited June 2010
    Woke up this morning in Australia, hoping for the best. And it wasn't there.
  • edited June 2010
    So, any reviews out yet? I've been checking the usual sites (Adventure Gamers, MixnMojo, Sam & Max UK), and so far no reviews from them.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm in the same time zone as TT, and it's not even dinnertime yet here for Monday.
  • edited June 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    If we could somehow sneak into the TTG offices and set all the clocks roughly 20 hours forward without anyone noticing, that might solve this predicament.
    Neelo wrote: »
    If someone could sneak into the TTG offices, they should put the game on the website already, not advance the clocks.

I call dibs in sneaking in! My surveillance plushies helped me with a plan to infiltrate them. Luckily they moved them around recently so I could survey both the web pit and the entrance.
  • edited June 2010
    Could someone sneak into Valve as well?
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »

Again, people break the embargo. Five days ahead of time. (They did the Same for Tomb of Sammun-Mak) Telltale needs to really stop sending copies to all these sites breaking the embargo, reviews aren't up until 8:01AM GMT
  • edited June 2010
    Oh my god, I'm so excited

That review made it sound even more awesome, but I wonder if it can live up to The Tomb of Sammun-Mak?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I call dibs in sneaking in! My surveillance plushies helped me with a plan to infiltrate them. Luckily they moved them around recently so I could survey both the web pit and the entrance.

You must have very smart plushies. Unless, you put VOODOO ON THEM!!!! You're the Voodoo Lady in disguise! Which means, you're here as a spy for Telltale in order to milk us for information on what we do while we're not playing their games! You monster...
  • edited June 2010
    Again, people break the embargo. Five days ahead of time. (They did the Same for Tomb of Sammun-Mak) Telltale needs to really stop sending copies to all these sites breaking the embargo, reviews aren't up until 8:01AM GMT

At least it's not spoileriffic or anything. Then again my excitement has sated/tempered by the trailer so my opinion is null.

Also, 60 miles from telltale so 'nyah,' Thom.
  • edited June 2010
    I wish tomorrow would hurry up and come! Ever since I saw the screenshot of Noir Sam, the wait has been slowly tearing away at my soul :(
  • edited June 2010

Always add a day to the announced release dates if you're in our timezones. When they say "June 22" I know it means "June 23 in the morning" for us Antipodeans.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    It's 11pm (23:00) on Monday right now in California (where Telltale is located), which means, as I always say around this time, people are probably headed for bed right now, and won't be in the office for another ~9 hours. At that point they'll start prepping to launch, etc. So if you're planning on "staying up waiting" or whatever, know that you have at least that long until you start seeing movement again.

Also: Reviews for this episode might end up being very spoilery, story-wise!
    So read them at your own risk.
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »

That, by itself, just got me excitable again.

Anyways, last episode wasn't up until, what? 11:30 or so in the morning Pacific time. Stack another 3 or 4 hours onto that for the PSN update (or 27 to 28 for PSN Europe).
  • edited June 2010
    For the crazy ones who want to wait anyways or who aren't sleeping for whatever reason, come join us in the chatroom! It's fun!

The server is centralchat.net and the channel is #telltale.
  • edited June 2010
    Yesterday my computer screen suddenly went kaput. And I have a laptop, so I can't just get a new screen! WHYYYYYYYY?!!! :(:(:(:(
  • edited June 2010
    me wanna play it now
  • edited June 2010
    Yesterday my computer screen suddenly went kaput. And I have a laptop, so I can't just get a new screen! WHYYYYYYYY?!!! :(:(:(:(

You could perhaps hook it to an external monitor and use the little fn button and try and finagle yourself a picture.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah. Still, it needs to be fixed, so I've prioritized that and will be taking it to a store today to see what they have to say.
  • edited June 2010
    You know, even if you don't play the game the day/night it comes out it'll still be fun when you do play it. Telltale's games have an infinite freshness date, just like Twinkies!
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    ... just like Twinkies!
    zombielandwoody3001.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    You know, even if you don't play the game the day/night it comes out it'll still be fun when you do play it. Telltale's games have an infinite freshness date, just like Twinkies!

But remember not to deep fry your software. It may sound delicious, but just don't.
  • edited June 2010
    Is it coming on the EU PS Store thise week?
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »

You just saved me from a horrible amount of cursing. Thank you! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    EU PSN gets it on June 23, a day after the NA PSN.

Of course, Pinchpenny isn't an official source, but I assume he knows what he's talking about.
  • edited June 2010

Our time zone is ahead of America's. You'll have to wait until about 11:00 o'clock tonight (just an estimate).
  • edited June 2010
    timezones suck like that. if it is 6:30 in the morning here, why cant it be everywhere?

yeah, yeah, the way that the earth spins or something. Anyway, I'm going to avoid derailing this thread by saying 'ZOMG Today is the day. I want play now'
  • edited June 2010
    Review: (Which doesn't spoil the big thing I assume Jake Is talking about)
    http://gamesgoldandglory.blogspot.com/2010/06/sam-and-max-devils-playhouse-stole-maxs.html
  • edited June 2010
    Review: (Which doesn't spoil the big thing I assume Jake Is talking about)
    http://gamesgoldandglory.blogspot.com/2010/06/sam-and-max-devils-playhouse-stole-maxs.html

http://www.culturalzest.com/2010/06/22/review-they-stole-maxs-brain/

Our reviewz, by Haggis, The Highway and me, of course.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.