[BTTF quotes thread] I must play this game! It is my density

Comments

• edited April 2011
    *extremely distressed* "Great Scott!"

"I know, this is heavy!" *gives Marty the photo and both start walking* "Marty, why are you wearing that gun? You're not considering going up against Tannen tomorrow."
  • edited April 2011
    "I know, this is heavy!" *gives Marty the photo and both start walking* "Marty, why are you wearing that gun? You're not considering going up against Tannen tomorrow."

"Doc, tomorrow morning I'm going back to the future with you. But if Buford Tannen comes looking for trouble, I'm gonna be ready for him. You heard what that son of a bitch called me last night."

Title drop again!
  • edited April 2011
    "Doc, tomorrow morning I'm going back to the future with you. But if Buford Tannen comes looking for trouble, I'm gonna be ready for him. You heard what that son of a bitch called me last night."

Title drop again!

*puts on coat* "Marty, you can't go losing your judgement every time someone calls you a name. That's exactly what causes you to get into that accident in the future."
  • edited April 2011
    *puts on coat* "Marty, you can't go losing your judgement every time someone calls you a name. That's exactly what causes you to get into that accident in the future."

"What did you just say?"
  • edited April 2011
    "What did you just say?"

*shakes head* "I can't tell you. It might make things worse."
  • edited April 2011
    *shakes head* "I can't tell you. It might make things worse."

"Wait Doc. What is wrong with my future??"
  • edited April 2011
    "Wait Doc. What is wrong with my future??"

"Marty, we all have to make decisions that affect the course of our lives. You've gotta do what you've gotta do. And I've gotta do what I've gotta do. *walks away*

*cut to Marty and Doc about to load the DeLorean on tracks*

*walks over to Marty* "Marty, I've made a decision. I'm not going with you tomorrow. I'm staying here."
  • edited April 2011
    "Marty, we all have to make decisions that affect the course of our lives. You've gotta do what you've gotta do. And I've gotta do what I've gotta do. *walks away*

*cut to Marty and Doc about to load the DeLorean on tracks*

*walks over to Marty* "Marty, I've made a decision. I'm not going with you tomorrow. I'm staying here."

"Yeah? Uh huh." *not really paying too much attention, focusing on getting the DeLorean set, then hears the last sentence* "What are you talkin' about Doc?"
  • edited April 2011
    "Yeah? Uh huh." *not really paying too much attention, focusing on getting the DeLorean set, then hears the last sentence* "What are you talkin' about Doc?"

*both slowly stand up* "There's no point in denying it: I'm in love with Clara."
  • edited April 2011
    *both slowly stand up* "There's no point in denying it: I'm in love with Clara."

"Aw, man. Doc, we don't belong here! Neither one of us! You know, it could still be you who gets shot tomorrow." *shows picture* "This tombstone could still be in your future!"
  • edited April 2011
    "Aw, man. Doc, we don't belong here! Neither one of us! You know, it could still be you who gets shot tomorrow." *shows picture* "This tombstone could still be in your future!"

*grabs photo* "Marty, the future isn't written. It can be changed, you know that." *walks toward DeLorean* "Anyone can make their future whatever they want it to be. I can't let this one little photograph determine my entire destiny." *turns back to Marty* "I have to live my life according to what I believe is right in my heart."
  • edited April 2011
    *grabs photo* "Marty, the future isn't written. It can be changed, you know that." *walks toward DeLorean* "Anyone can make their future whatever they want it to be. I can't let this one little photograph determine my entire destiny." *turns back to Marty* "I have to live my life according to what I believe is right in my heart."

*pauses, regarding Doc* "Doc, you're a scientist. So you tell me, what's the right thing to do 'up here'?" *indicates to head*
  • edited April 2011
    *pauses, regarding Doc* "Doc, you're a scientist. So you tell me, what's the right thing to do 'up here'?" *indicates to head*

*pauses for a moment, puts lantern down, looks at photo, then faces Marty* *nods* "You're right, Marty."
  • edited April 2011
    *pauses for a moment, puts lantern down, looks at photo, then faces Marty* *nods* "You're right, Marty."

*gives a sigh of relief and holds photo while Doc pulls the lever which causes the DeLorean to roll back onto the tracks* "Wow, that worked great!"
  • edited April 2011
    *gives a sigh of relief and holds photo while Doc pulls the lever which causes the DeLorean to roll back onto the tracks* "Wow, that worked great!"

"I've at least gotta tell her goodbye."
  • edited April 2011
    "I've at least gotta tell her goodbye."

*realises he's still talking about Clara* "C'mon, Doc. Think about it, what're you going to say to her? 'I gotta go back to the future'? I mean, she's not going to understand that, Doc. Hell, I'm in it with you and I don't even understand it!" *sees Doc's melancholy state* "Doc, listen. Maybe..." *hesitates* "I don't know, maybe we can just take Clara with us."
  • edited April 2011
    *realises he's still talking about Clara* "C'mon, Doc. Think about it, what're you going to say to her? 'I gotta go back to the future'? I mean, she's not going to understand that, Doc. Hell, I'm in it with you and I don't even understand it!" *sees Doc's melancholy state* "Doc, listen. Maybe..." *hesitates* "I don't know, maybe we can just take Clara with us."

*turns around* "To the future?" *shakes head* *starts walking towards Marty* "You reminded me, Marty. I'm a scientist, so I must be scientific about this. I cautioned you about disrupting the continuum for your own personal benefit, therefore, I must do no less. We shall proceed as planned and as soon as we return to 1985 we'll destroy this infernal machine." *in sad tone* "Traveling through time has become much too painful." *walks away*
  • edited April 2011
    *turns around* "To the future?" *shakes head* *starts walking towards Marty* "You reminded me, Marty. I'm a scientist, so I must be scientific about this. I cautioned you about disrupting the continuum for your own personal benefit, therefore, I must do no less. We shall proceed as planned and as soon as we return to 1985 we'll destroy this infernal machine." *in sad tone* "Traveling through time has become much too painful." *walks away*

*turns around, watching Doc walk away*

*cut to campfire setting*
  • edited April 2011
    *turns around, watching Doc walk away*

*cut to campfire setting*

*Marty's sleeping*

*looks at Clara's flower, then at Marty, then at DeLorean*

*cut to Clara's house, where she is inside writing*

*knocks on door* "It's Emmett, Clara."
  • edited April 2011
    *knocks on door* "It's Emmett, Clara."

*opens the door and sees Doc, surprised* "Emmett." *smiling* "Won't you come in?"
  • edited April 2011
    *opens the door and sees Doc, surprised* "Emmett." *smiling* "Won't you come in?"

*doesn't move* "No, I'd better not. I..." *tries to muster strength to speak*
  • edited April 2011
    *doesn't move* "No, I'd better not. I..." *tries to muster strength to speak*

*hears horse in background and looks at Doc, curious* "What's wrong?"
  • edited April 2011
    *hears horse in background and looks at Doc, curious* "What's wrong?"

"...I've come to say goodbye."
  • edited April 2011
    "...I've come to say goodbye."

"Goodbye? Well, where you going?"
  • edited April 2011
    "Goodbye? Well, where you going?"

"I'm going away. And, well, I'm afraid I'll never see you again."
  • edited April 2011
    "I'm going away. And, well, I'm afraid I'll never see you again."

*serious tone* "Emmett..."
  • edited April 2011
    *serious tone* "Emmett..."

"Clara, I want you to know that I care about you deeply, but I've realized that I don't belong here and I have to go back where I came from."
  • edited April 2011
    "Clara, I want you to know that I care about you deeply, but I've realized that I don't belong here and I have to go back where I came from."

"And where might that be?"
  • edited April 2011
    "And where might that be?"

"I can't tell you."
  • edited April 2011
    "I can't tell you."

"Well, wherever you're going, take me with you."
  • edited April 2011
    "Well, wherever you're going, take me with you."

*shakes head* "I can't, Clara. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but just believe me when I tell you that I'll never forget you, and that... I love you."
  • edited April 2011
    *shakes head* "I can't, Clara. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but just believe me when I tell you that I'll never forget you, and that... I love you."

"I don't understand what you're trying to say."
  • edited April 2011
    "I don't understand what you're trying to say."

"Clara, I don't think that there's any way that you can understand it."
  • edited April 2011
    "Clara, I don't think that there's any way that you can understand it."

*pleading* "Please, Emmett. Please, I have to know. If you sincerely do love me, then tell me the truth."
  • edited April 2011
    *pleading* "Please, Emmett. Please, I have to know. If you sincerely do love me, then tell me the truth."

"Alright then. I'm from the future. I came here in a time machine that I invented, and tomorrow I have to go back to the year 1985."
  • edited April 2011
    "Alright then. I'm from the future. I came here in a time machine that I invented, and tomorrow I have to go back to the year 1985."

"Yes, Emmett. I do understand." *starts elevating tone of voice* "I understand that because you know I'm partial to the writings of Jules Verne you concocted those mendacities in order to take advantage of me!"

*slaps* "Oh, I've heard some whoppers in my day but the fact that you'd expect me to entertain a notion like that is so insulting and degrading!"

*goes back towards front door* "All you had to say is that 'I don't love and I don't want to see you anymore.' That, at least, would've been respectful!" *shuts door*
  • edited April 2011
    "Yes, Emmett. I do understand." *starts elevating tone of voice* "I understand that because you know I'm partial to the writings of Jules Verne you concocted those mendacities in order to take advantage of me!"

*slaps* "Oh, I've heard some whoppers in my day but the fact that you'd expect me to entertain a notion like that is so insulting and degrading!"

*goes back towards front door* "All you had to say is that 'I don't love and I don't want to see you anymore.' That, at least, would've been respectful!" *shuts door*

"But that's not the truth!" *realizes she won't open the door, takes off the flower that Clara gave him and sets it down on the window sill*

(BTW, there was another title drop up there! That's 3 so far for BTTF3 lol)
  • edited April 2011
    "But that's not the truth!" *realizes she won't open the door, takes off the flower that Clara gave him and sets it down on the window sill*

(BTW, there was another title drop up there! That's 3 so far for BTTF3 lol)

*cut to saloon*

*walks in with sad look on face*

(Just wondering, what's a title drop?)
  • edited April 2011
    *cut to saloon*

*walks in with sad look on face*

"Emmett! What can I get you? The usual?"

(Three and counting. We're on a roll, here.)
  • edited April 2011
    "Emmett! What can I get you? The usual?"

(Three and counting. We're on a roll, here.)

"No, Chester, I'm gonna need something a lot stronger than that tonight."
Sign in to comment in this discussion.