Mac troubles (login etc.)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Update Safari.
    Make sure your Snow Leopard is also the most recent version, too.

This game i an .app file, the new file system that Mac created for its app store launching next month, so make sue everything's updated!

Once I did that, it worked great.
  • edited December 2010
    What the hell, the game windows is really small and i can't get to make it bigger (mac)
  • edited December 2010
    I'm on my macbook and for some reason the game thinks I'm in offline mode when I'm not so I can't unlock the game, anyone else having this issue?
  • edited December 2010
    What the hell, the game windows is really small and i can't get to make it bigger (mac)

Get a bigger screen? =O
  • edited December 2010
    Update Safari.
    This game i an .app file, the new file system that Mac created for its app store launching next month, so make sue everything's updated!
    Actually... .app has been around ever since NextSTEP, Mac OS X's ancestor.
  • edited December 2010

Go under the "settings" menu and turn Full Screen to "On".

And for everybody else who's having problems with the file: delete it and redownload it. Apparently Telltale accidentally uploaded a buggy version to the site originally, but its fixed now.
  • edited December 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    The download seemed to work fine, but all I get when I run the program is this screen. No buttons, no anything.

I still got this issue after new download
  • edited December 2010
    Try re-download it, that seems to the trick!

Did so, and now the program starts but...... WOW!! it has made my Dock a tiny tiny strip in the middle of the screen.

I have made a screenshot of it over this very message while I was writing it: http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/4196/minidock.jpg

Funny and a bit scary at the same time!!!

I Guess I'll post this and then restart.
  • edited December 2010
    I had the same exact problem, also with a Mac.
    I downloaded the game again, and this time around I got to the "Play" button.
    BUT...every time I click on it, the game quits. And with these crashes, there's no
    window that pops up about the crash.
  • edited December 2010

Put it on full screen and then change the resolution to the maximum.
  • edited December 2010
    I had the same exact problem, also with a Mac.
    I downloaded the game again, and this time around I got to the "Play" button.
    BUT...every time I click on it, the game quits. And with these crashes, there's no
    window that pops up about the crash.

Re-download, mine is working. The file I downloaded is called BackToTheFuture101.app.zip.
  • edited December 2010
    Did anyone knows the size of the right download file?? is it 400 mb?
  • edited December 2010
    farchondo wrote: »
    Did anyone knows the size of the right download file?? is it 400 mb?

yes
  • edited December 2010
    memelle wrote: »
    yes
    Thank you so much!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Just finished playing the episode (Nice!!) and once again I'm left with a shrunk and out of place dock (no, not our beloved Doc... the OsX dock )

Edit addition: I later noticed that it also removed my desktop picture. My background is just plain "Solid Aqua Blue" now.

Maybe Telltale could look into it and release a new version that leaves dock and desktop untouched or at least properly re-sets them on exit. That would be nice. Thanks.
  • edited December 2010
    On two Macs, in fact. I've tried on a current-generation MacBook Air with 4GB Ram and a 2009 iMac with a Radeon HD 4850 and 12GB Ram. The game was downloaded separately on each Mac.

On both machines I can launch the application and log in with my Telltale account (it's the standalone version, not Steam), but when I try to play episode 1 the application quits.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Did you unzip the episode using a third-party application?
    Apparently, it causes problems that unzipping with Finder does not.
  • edited December 2010
    No. I just let the Finder pass it over to Archive Utility that comes with Mac OS X.
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry for asking this... I recently bought the iPad and downloaded the game... It will only allow me to play it on my Macbook computer...

Did I download the wrong file or am I not able to play this game on my iPad at all??

Any help would greatly be appreciated... Thanks in advance...
  • edited December 2010
    I think you bought the wrong version. If you bought it from telltale, you get the PC/mac version.
    I dont even think they have the ipad version out.
  • edited December 2010
    dont worry they will put on IPAD ver on early January 2011
    but you downloaded the wrong file
    MAC/PC version is out now
    PS3/IPAD version will be out on Early January 2011
    so if you want to wait for IPAD ver then wait for it
  • edited December 2010
    I think you bought the wrong version.
    To Talltale: it would be good to make the shop more specific about the version you're buying. something like that:

shoppa.jpg

(and it would be also a good idea if it can be clickable, to make appear the languages and minimum requirements before buying)
  • edited January 2011
    So there are a lot of us having problems with the screen freezing on the part after the Rocket Fuel is being made. Has there been an update?

Please help!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    shoppa.jpg

Seconded!!
  • edited January 2011
    Seconded!!

I actually changed this a while ago. The day before Christmas I think. It should say all five episodes, PC/Mac. Does it not show up on your invoices?
  • edited January 2011
    sanctuary wrote: »
    So there are a lot of us having problems with the screen freezing on the part after the Rocket Fuel is being made. Has there been an update?

Please help!

I had the same problem. Just as the game finished, the game froze. An issues with the game or my Mac?
  • edited February 2011
    Same thing than the others, the game freeze into the rocket fuel scene. I have the macintosh version.
  • edited February 2011
    hi i've just downloaded the first episode of BTTF in the mac version but after having extracted and installed the game it doesn't start, to be precious a page where i can see a list of all the title opens but after having selected the first episode when i push the play button nothing appen.. i did something wrong or is a bug? i heard this appened to other people on the web so here i am to ask you for an explanation :confused:
  • edited February 2011
    The same for me.

I was considering to buy this game for PS3 if I like the game by playing the first episode in my Mac.

But, since I can't try this game on my mac, neither a trial or demo on PS3. So I won't consider to buy so. :(

PS: I have some friends that can't Play neither in Windows version, they have the same problem.
  • edited February 2011
    Same problem here.

Press play but the game doesn't start... please let us know what we can do to play this game
  • edited February 2011
    Yup, pretty sure it's a bug since none of us has got it to start the game. I hope that TT-staff has noticed this issue and are working on it...
  • edited February 2011
    Same problem as above. Seems like a crucial bug to miss...
  • edited February 2011
    This is a known issue with the Mac version. See this stickied thread in the Tech forum for solutions. I had the same problem and they worked for me.
  • edited February 2011
    Couple of ruff edges on this diamond, but I'm definately getting the whole serie!

I changed the file name from whateveritwas into BackToTheFuture101 and it started working properly!
    Oh and I had the 'inoperative start button'-problem.
  • edited February 2011
    Baarden wrote: »
    Couple of ruff edges on this diamond, but I'm definately getting the whole serie!

I changed the file name from whateveritwas into BackToTheFuture101 and it started working properly!
    Oh and I had the 'inoperative start button'-problem.

Ditto.

Thanks for the help.
  • edited February 2011
    Why they didn't apply some kind of Anti-Aliasing in the Mac version, which is available for the Windows version :(, it looks ugly on a Mac now..
  • edited February 2011
    Heh, renaming the app makes it work, funny. This should be stickied somewhere.
  • edited February 2011
    yeah i confirm, renaming the file is the solution
  • edited February 2011
    ...I posted this at the end of the previous mac error thread, but I guess that whole thread got deleted!

So here's the thing. I got the free version of BTTF Ep1, downloaded it on both my macbook pro and my imac and NEITHER will run the game. I double click on the installer icon, the icons on my dock scoot over as though to make room for the BTTF icon --- and then they move back into place and nothing happens. Same thing on both computers.

Snow Leopard on both machines.

Renaming does not help (that is the fix for a different issue with running the game).

edit: Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, just realized my error
  • edited February 2011
    BackToTheFuture101 renaming worked for me, I'm going to see if it plays all the way through. Thanks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.