Problems with login/ unlock/ reinstall/ Windows 7 (merged threads)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    broodwars wrote: »
    I'm getting this exact same issue. Supposedly, you can get the .exe to work by running it as the computer's Administrator, but that hasn't worked for me yet.

Hasn't worked for me either. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled several times now. Same result every time.
  • edited December 2010
    There are a few parts with no dialogue, the characters lips move but there is no sound an example is when
    Kid Tannen chases you up onto the gazebo, there is a closeup of his face and you can see his lips move like he is yelling but no sound, also after you set Einstein on him (you may need to set Einstein on him twice) just after Matches says "look its that crazy mut again" there is another part where their lips move but there is no sound
  • edited December 2010
    I had the same gazeebo problem.
  • edited December 2010
    Can you enter your serial number from your 'My Games" page? (Joystick logo, top right of this site).
  • edited December 2010
    Hi, sometimes I have problems with my net, so I have quastion. How to play in this game being offline? I mean if you want to play, you have to log into Launcher. So what about offline?
  • edited December 2010
    I've not tried it yet, but if it's like the previous games, once you log in online for the first time, you don't need to be online anymore to play.
  • edited December 2010
    Aha, I have never played Telltale games before ;) But for the test - I disconnect my net by myself and... the launcher is all black and there's only text "loading"... nothing else... I hope there's some way to play this game offline.
  • edited December 2010
    The game won't load for me!

I open up the DRM and click play but the game just won't open. Any help will be massively appreciated thanks in advance
  • edited December 2010
    Did you download early? The first download I made (English-mac) was useless, and had "setup" in the name, while my second attempt gave me a different file, without "setup" in the name, that worked.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm trying it again but I'm not sure if maybe I registered the product wrong. If so how do I re-register it?
  • edited December 2010
    I cannot get my Mac Version do get online. It always says i'm offline. Any ideas?
  • edited December 2010
    Same problem.. I downloaded It 30 minutes ago but this is what I see

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8339/schermata20101223a13194.png

no text, no links.. nothing!! :confused:
  • edited December 2010
    No way to do that afaik, but the activation limit that Telltale imposes is rather high from what I've heard (They say you shouldn't begin to touch it unless you share your keys online, and I've reinstalled my oldest TT-games quite a few times without any issues), oh and it's gone on the DVD-versions of the games. So, just reinstall.

EDIT: Just an idea: Safari was recently updated by Apple, try to get that update if you haven't already.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks a lot, I'm just downloading the setup again now so fingers crossed
  • edited December 2010
    I can't play off-line either. So I have to go at my neighbour's to launch the game, and then go back home to play. If there is an other solution to play the game off-line, please tell me.

I reinstalled the game, went off-line, launch it, and had the code to send to the support.

I'm waiting for Telltale support sending me the Unlock Code...

It would be nice if we can get the code even if we played on-line the first time...

Why did the system changed :( . It was so easy with the previous games to play off-line. Is Telltale beginning to be paranoiac too? :( The Serial Number is not enough sufficient any more?

And what for the games who will try to entertain in the train? Won't they be a bit disappointed when they will be aware that they have to send an email while they are off-line?

Or maybe I did something wrong...

When I launch the game while off-line, the button "Play" is here, but "It's about time" (or "Il était temps" on my French computer) is "Offline", and clicking Play doesn't do nothing.

I'll launch the game, then, pause Windows (how to say "mettre en veille"? :D), then I hope I will be able to play from home...

You can call me stupid if there were an easy way to play off-line ;) .
  • edited December 2010
    it's say's I need to run it as a admin and I tried that it still won't work. help please?
    I'm running windows 7
  • edited December 2010
    I don't really need to play BTTF offline because my computer is always connected to the internet, but I'm interested in.
    Just in case of problems with my router or the provider.
  • edited December 2010
    While offline, Can anyone launch the game "as administrator" and tell me what happens?
    (That is, right click the icon and select "Run as administrator".)

I get a screen asking for an "Offline Unlock Code".

I hope we are on our way of solving this.

My ISP has "magically" failed my today. :mad:
    Murphy DOES work overtime!
  • edited December 2010
    For me, this issue was caused by a third party firewall. My windows firewall was off and I had turned off my COMODO firewall as well out of habit due to an unrelated issue I was having with another game recently. I enabled my COMODO firewall and launched the BTTF game. I was prompted by the firewall to allow the connection and voila!... the launcher loaded fine. I'm not sure why this didn't work with no firewall active, but at this point my need to know this answer is superseded by the desire to actually play this game after hours of struggling with it. :D

Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.
  • edited December 2010
    Do you still have the problem? This appeared to me the 2nd time I pulled up the launcher. Once I reconnected (and set app to always run as admin), it worked fine. I exited a third time, re-opened the launcher without any connection, and I was able to play the game once more without any additional unlock code for offline.

Maybe it's yet another bug having to do with needing to run the game as admin?
  • edited December 2010
    You can either authorize your copy online ONCE, or you can use your serial key you were given when you bought the game (listed right next to your game in the My Games section where you download it) and it'll work without having to be online at all ever. Again, only necessary once.
  • edited December 2010
    Works fine for me.

Do note you have to have to log in once with your account info before you can get it working 'offline'.
    Unless you got the administrator issue probably, which fails to note down the proper info into your save folder/registry.
  • edited December 2010
    You can either authorize your copy online ONCE, or you can use your serial key you were given when you bought the game (listed right next to your game in the My Games section where you download it) and it'll work without having to be online at all ever. Again, only necessary once.
    It seems that the system changed or that I didn't found the field where to enter the serial key... The layout changed, on previous games, there were no problem for me to found out where was this field...

I don't know how you worked out the trick with the Administrators rights, but it worked with me ;) . Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, not sure if ppl are still having trouble or not.

Last night i was realy annoyed and gave up trying to get BTTF to run on my desktop with windows 7 but did manage to get it running on my Laptop with vista running with no problems at all which i was relieved about.

So i sat down today on my desktop and decided to try and get it working, I made sure i updated Graphics drivers and direct x and then loaded the game up, wit UAC off but not sure if this makes any difference and the game loaded to the main menu, i went into settings and dropped all settings to minimum and started in windowed mode, I hit new game and low and behold the intro started playing properly and running really well.

I have since managed to crank all the settings back up apart from shadow quality, as soon as i set this to one bar or two the game crashes out before the intro starts, not sure if this will help anyone else but this is what worked for me and was about to throw the damn thing out the window last night.

Anyone else had this particular problem in windows 7?
  • edited December 2010
    no. but as i said in a different thread: uac is evil.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

by the sound of it, You people need to run the shortcut icon/program "as administrator"

When I tried to use the game without admin status, it would not work.
  • edited December 2010
    I install all my games in a C:\Games directory. Installing in the default directory in Win7 causes all sorts of permission issues for various games, even when directly running it as an admin. I haven't had any problems running the game (and beating it last night - fun!), so try making a directory like the one above. Good luck!
  • edited December 2010
    i gave that advice before in a different thread, but someone said it wont work. someone who uses Q: (network drive??) as game folder that is pointed to as c:\games. weird configuration.

anyway, i did the same thing (c:\games\etc) with uac off and have no problems at all.
  • edited December 2010
    I've tried all these suggestions and still no luck. UAC off, run as administrator, Install to C:\games. I've never been able to get anything to come up at all.
  • edited December 2010
    I know it sounds stupid, but have you tried running the .exe again? That's how I got mine working.
  • edited December 2010
    How far does yours get Alex? or have you fixed it?
  • edited December 2010
    My only issue with the game is....when I first played it filled the whole laptop screen, then later in the day it is now in a small window and I can't max the screen. Any fix?
  • edited December 2010
    press ALT + ENTER at the same time, it should switch to fullscreen.
  • edited December 2010
    i have big problem!!
    start game.... login correct but exit this message:
    "Sorry, but it doesn't look like you own Back to the Future: The Game. Try logging in again under a different account or pick up the game."

solution? :confused:
  • edited December 2010
    While logged in to this website, click on the joystick in the top right corner to view your My Games screen. Does it show the five Back to the Future episodes under the "Your Games!" heading?

If not, then you've got to buy the games or log in to the account which you bought the games on.

If yes, then you should try contacting support.
  • edited December 2010
    You can try to activate the Game with your Serialnumber or unlock it manually by sending
    your requestcode to the TT-Support,then you will recive an offline-unlock code made for your system.
  • edited December 2010
    Same problem here - I'm clearly connected to the internet on my macbook but it says i'm in offline mode. I downloaded it from the internet and I'm online posting this. Can't play, and entering my serial number as the unlock code did nothing.
  • edited December 2010
    same here!!! i just installed it but i cant play it! come one! somebody tell me what can i do? it just says "sorry, but it doesnt look like you own BTTF TG. Try logging in again under a differentaccount or pick up the game."

can somebody tell me please what can i do? ):
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    same here!!! i just installed it but i cant play it! come one! somebody tell me what can i do? it just says "sorry, but it doesnt look like you own BTTF TG. Try logging in again under a differentaccount or pick up the game."

can somebody tell me please what can i do? ):

Did you purchase the season or are you trying to play the free episode?
    If it's the latter, you will not be able to activate the free episode before February.
    If it's the former, time to e-mail support@telltalegames.com.
  • edited January 2011
    rfc wrote: »
    right click on BTTF and Run as administrator -> game launches for me, reproducible every time.

I figured the reason why it worked once after installation: installer asks me for administrator rights and thus when launched directly from within the installer when finished, it has the required admin rights.

Nevertheless, requiring a game to have admin rights is IMO unacceptable.
    th
    RFC, this is brilliant. Thank you so much. It explains why it didn't work after the first time for me, and now with your suggestion (an easy fix, but I agree with you that they need to change it) I have played and finished playing the episode. Thanks so much.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.