Problems with login/ unlock/ reinstall/ Windows 7 (merged threads)

124»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'm runing Windows 7-32 bit.

I downloaded the first episode, I click on Play and then I get a choice as to whether or not I want to be notified of new missions. I click on yes, the game then starts to load with flux capcitor glowing.

It then crashes with this error:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: BackToTheFuture101.exe
    Application Version: 2010.12.21.51872
    Application Timestamp: 4d116b3b
    Fault Module Name: BackToTheFuture101.exe
    Fault Module Version: 2010.12.21.51872
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4d116b3b
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 001573e4
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
  • edited February 2011
    Are you getting this problem launching from Steam?
    I get the exact same problem loading episode 1 and 2 from steam. I downloaded the free episode 1 from telltale and it works fine.
    I've tried running in compatibility mode, admin mode still can't get it going. HAve you had any more luck?
    No one seems to be replying to our thread
  • edited February 2011
    I have episode 1, but whenever I enter my email/password, and get to the main screen I'm never able to launch the game. If I uninstall the game and install it again, I'm able to launch episode 1 immediately after (checking the option to launch game after install). But after I leave the game, and try to launch it again it never has a play button on episode 1 and nothing happens when I hit Play now...So every time I want to play the game I have to uninstall and install again and again. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • edited February 2011
    I had the same problem and fixed it by running the game as administrator.

Figured that was the problem because the installer needs that to run and it worked fine after launching it with the installer.

Windows 7 x64 if anyone's curious.
  • edited February 2011
    I fixed my problem with BTTF, the game kept closing when i hit "play".
    This was my solution:

After a few hours of troubleshooting i figured out that the game didn't like AirfoilInject3.dll, a file associated with Airfoil. So i uninstalled Airfoil and now i can play! The game looks great!
  • edited February 2011
    I had the same problem and fixed it by running the game as administrator.

Figured that was the problem because the installer needs that to run and it worked fine after launching it with the installer.

Windows 7 x64 if anyone's curious.

That did the trick, thanks!
  • edited February 2011
    I've just got my new i5 PC with Windows 7 - the first thing I did was disable UAC, hate it, hated it on Vista. Its too intrusive. Although, having it disabled somewhat helps in this situation.
  • edited February 2011
    I can't launch Episode 1. I've installed and reinstalled several times, and the installation always indicates success. But when I try to launch it, nothing happens. No Windows open up. No hourglass. No sound, no blank screen, just nothing.

I'm running Windows 7 on a 64 bit Core i7 processor, with plenty of memory and drive space.

I've tried running as Administrator. Nothing. Messed with the Compatability settings. Nothing.

Wallace and Grommit worked fine. Monkey Island worked fine.

Windows Application Event viewer reports as follows:

Faulting application name: BackToTheFuture101.exe, version: 2010.12.21.51872, time stamp: 0x4d116b3b
    Faulting module name: BackToTheFuture101.exe, version: 2010.12.21.51872, time stamp: 0x4d116b3b
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00158650

BackToTheFuture101.exe
    4d116b3b
    BackToTheFuture101.exe
    4d116b3b
    c0000005
    01cbd2496e63bbdc
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Back to the Future The Game\Episode 1\BackToTheFuture101.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Back to the Future The Game\Episode 1\BackToTheFuture101.exe
    ac7b64a9-3e3c-11e0-9d4f-0024e817cfda

Can someone help me?
  • edited February 2011
    ...As in, the 'Play!' button literally does not respond to being clicked on. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8, Intel. I can't think of any other information I could give you, but I appreciate any help. Thanks!
  • edited February 2011
    same prob here... I just have the "free" episode...

I'm on win7 32bit tho.
  • edited February 2011
    if your on windows 7, make sure to run as administer and change that in properties, I had the same problem, just make sure that you all all privileges to that program, windows 7 is too uptight sometimes, but it is a major help to prevent virus

idk if this applies to a mac, if it does, try the same as above
  • edited February 2011
    sweet! yeah i had the same issue, thanks for the info redakdal :)
  • edited February 2011
    not working
  • edited February 2011
    no problem, as for mattman, what are you runing a mac or windows? if its not working,

for windows: try exiting the program by the task manger, and try clicking on it again, and again make sure in properties that you have full privileges,

for mac: restart your system, and click on it again, if it continues to not start, email telltale

if none of this works, contact teltale, or maybe its a connection problem, cause you have to sign in once to play it offline
  • edited February 2011
    for win 7: if you go to your "Games" folder from the start button then right-click on the BttF:The Game ep.1 icon then select "run as administrator" it will launch properly
  • edited February 2011
    No, my issue isn't happening from Steam. It's from the direct download of episode 1 from telltale.
  • edited February 2011
    I've finally got it installed and haven't got it to work once. I'm using the only 'profile' on my laptop which I assume has administrator privileges but when I press play nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
  • edited February 2011
    I had the same problem after i closed the game the first time, i did the whole uninstalling re installing bit but that took too long. all you gotta do is right click on the shortcut icon and click on the setting run as administraitor with the funny windows shield next to it and it should run everytime. it does for me
Sign in to comment in this discussion.