JP Blu-Ray

Comments

• edited June 2011
    YEAH!

http://www.jurassicpark.com

There's even a features that's called "JURASSIC PARK: MAKING THE GAME". Is that about Telltale's game?
  • edited June 2011
    YEAH!

http://www.jurassicpark.com

There's even a features that's called "JURASSIC PARK: MAKING THE GAME". Is that about Telltale's game?

Most likely! All apart of the JP franchise reboot that's slowly been happening the past couple for years. Hopefully it accumulates to a JPIV! :D
  • edited June 2011
    It comes out on my wife's birthday... so I have now until then to convince her that she is actually a rather big JP fan and she needs it.... I have my work cut out for me.

Also I wonder how much this is going to cost..
    45243441.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    I stand corrected. Awesome. My guess is ~80-100 on release.
    No new commentary(and none at all for 1&2) is a let down though :(
  • edited June 2011
    Awesome looking set! I can't wait!
  • edited June 2011
    HOLY F***. I never thought they would do something like this, I thought it would be some mediocre edition with identical package to the DVD-Version.

I just really hope this awesome Limited edition comes out in Germany
  • edited June 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    It comes out on my wife's birthday... so I have now until then to convince her that she is actually a rather big JP fan and she needs it.... I have my work cut out for me.

Also I wonder how much this is going to cost..
    45243441.jpg

Looks like I'll be sparing no expense!
  • edited June 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    I stand corrected. Awesome. My guess is ~80-100 on release.
    No new commentary(and none at all for 1&2) is a let down though :(
    Little dissapointed at that, but I can't wait for the 6-part retrospect documentary. I love seeing the actors after so many years. This is one feature I really enjoyed for the BTTF 25th anniversary edition.

I'm curious if they were to re-release in the next two years for the 20th or the next seven for the 25th with new and much more content? Or is this just it?

Can anyone come up with a comparison list of what's new and what's not between this edition and the 2005/2007 Adventure Pack?
  • edited June 2011
    Just read the press release for the new boxset today, and it's gotten me so stoked for this that I could squeal like a schoolgirl :D And for everyone who can't make the jump to Bluray (including me), I've found proof that a DVD edition of the set is also inbound which will have the same digitally remastered goodness and new features as the Blu ray set (with the exception of Pocket Blu, D-Box, My Scenes and BDLive).

Here's the link to Universal's official store page for the DVD set: http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=304295&v=universal-studios&ecid=PRF-NBC-102148&pa=PRF-NBC-102148
  • edited June 2011
    That gift set with the Rex diorama does look REALLY cool...
    But I do want to see how much the whole thing costs and what the quality of the diorama will be. I suppose if it really isn't worth it, I'll get the disc set by itself. Still, looking at all the stuff this set will have, I can't wait for its release!
  • edited June 2011
    There will NEVER be any commentary for 1 and 2... Spielberg has said before he hates them and will never have them...
  • edited June 2011
    Ture, but we could at least have an actors commentary, or special effects commentary.
  • edited June 2011
    Just read the press release for the new boxset today, and it's gotten me so stoked for this that I could squeal like a schoolgirl :D And for everyone who can't make the jump to Bluray (including me), I've found proof that a DVD edition of the set is also inbound which will have the same digitally remastered goodness and new features as the Blu ray set (with the exception of Pocket Blu, D-Box, My Scenes and BDLive).

Here's the link to Universal's official store page for the DVD set: http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=304295&v=universal-studios&ecid=PRF-NBC-102148&pa=PRF-NBC-102148
    Thanks for that, I was curious what was new and what was old, that tells me much more!

Looks like all of the "Return to Jurassic Park" (6-part) featurettes are brand new. So is the "The Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton." In addition: "Hurricane in Kauai Featurette" may be the Weather Channel special they aired a couple years back. "Jurassic Park: The Game" might be the reference to the making of video. "Thank You Note to Steven Spielberg" seems new too! In addition all of them come with a digital copy to watch JP on all mobile devices which is just great.

I hope they add in the deleted scenes that have yet to be on a DVD yet...

The cherry on top for me would be the T-Rex statue for a DVD LE edition (Don't have a Blu-Ray), that would make this an instant must buy. Otherwise I'll be waiting for the price to drop as I already own the Adventure Pack.
  • edited June 2011
    Great, now I need to buy this. Hopefully it will be $39.99!

edit:

Aww its 60 dollars. And Walmart will screw me over and make it 70 bucks. :(
  • edited June 2011
    Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_G3M8MVss
    It looks amazing!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    $20 per movie? I will gladly pay that... now I will have to wait to see how much the one with the statue is.
  • edited June 2011
    I heard it's going to be close to 120...but that's okay...I'm going to pre order it...*waits*
  • edited June 2011
    Saw the statue on a big picture on amazon UK here

Price is reasonable 67 British Pounds, in US I saw it for 99 Dollar.

But I have to say that the statue looks kinda cheap and not like the Rex in the movie, I mean its green like a frog! I really hope that this is not the final Produkt and maybe a prototype...
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah upon seeing it closer I think I will just go for the movies only option.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91mwfJhrzZL._AA1500_.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah upon seeing it closer I think I will just go for the movies only option.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91mwfJhrzZL._AA1500_.jpg

I wonder if they realize how many potential buyers of the Limited edition they will deter just because that ugly statue. Till now I just heard negative comments for a good reason :)
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks for that, I was curious what was new and what was old, that tells me much more!

Looks like all of the "Return to Jurassic Park" (6-part) featurettes are brand new. So is the "The Jurassic Park Phenomenon: A Discussion with Author Michael Crichton." In addition: "Hurricane in Kauai Featurette" may be the Weather Channel special they aired a couple years back. "Jurassic Park: The Game" might be the reference to the making of video. "Thank You Note to Steven Spielberg" seems new too! In addition all of them come with a digital copy to watch JP on all mobile devices which is just great.

I hope they add in the deleted scenes that have yet to be on a DVD yet...

The cherry on top for me would be the T-Rex statue for a DVD LE edition (Don't have a Blu-Ray), that would make this an instant must buy. Otherwise I'll be waiting for the price to drop as I already own the Adventure Pack.

Well, if the Adventure Pack is a 3 disc set, then all the features you've mentioned (except for the 6 part documentary and behind the scenes look at the game) will be new to you. They won't be to me though, because they were made available on the four disc Ultimate Collection pack in the UK. The only one I don't see listed on the new set is a trailer for the JP ride, but I don't mind that it's not been included this time - the new transfers and digital copies are more than enough to make up for it in my opinion :)
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, there was a bonus trilogy disc that you could order for purchasing the third movie when it came out also. I see the features that were worth watching are in this set.

edit: oh nevermind. I looked it up. this IS what was repackaged as the UK version(mentioned above).
    The region 1 version of the bonus disc looked like this. You know it's "great" when all I remember is the "thank you" featurette... you just don't forget a thing like dancing dinosaurs.
  • edited June 2011
    Well, if the Adventure Pack is a 3 disc set, then all the features you've mentioned (except for the 6 part documentary and behind the scenes look at the game) will be new to you. They won't be to me though, because they were made available on the four disc Ultimate Collection pack in the UK. The only one I don't see listed on the new set is a trailer for the JP ride, but I don't mind that it's not been included this time - the new transfers and digital copies are more than enough to make up for it in my opinion :)
    Digital copies is always great. Yes, the Adventure Pack was a 3-disc set. But this new one will be a 4-disc with all those other features mainly moved to the 4th disc instead of scattered within each related movie.
  • edited June 2011
    just checked the price for jp ultimate trilogy if u pre order it is only 37.98 for the dvd and digital set if u want blu-ray it is 59.98 and for blu-ray with the gift it is 99.98 and this is from nbcuniversalstore.com
  • edited July 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    Yeah, there was a bonus trilogy disc that you could order for purchasing the third movie when it came out also. I see the features that were worth watching are in this set.

edit: oh nevermind. I looked it up. this IS what was repackaged as the UK version(mentioned above).
    The region 1 version of the bonus disc looked like this. You know it's "great" when all I remember is the "thank you" featurette... you just don't forget a thing like dancing dinosaurs.

Yeah, that's definitely the one. The only thing that's different about it (besides the cover) is the way it was made available in the UK. Instead of being a mail order bonus for buying the other films separately, we got it pre-packaged with the films in the Region 2 Ultimate Collection set.
  • edited July 2011
    I cant even handle this right now :)
  • edited July 2011
    Amazon price for the LE is only $83.99
  • edited July 2011
    Guess I'm getting my on Amazon then. lol

The T-Rex figure isn't as impressive as I would have hoped for. The toy line had better looking dinosaurs but it's to add to my collection.
  • edited July 2011
    Guess I'm getting my on Amazon then. lol

The T-Rex figure isn't as impressive as I would have hoped for. The toy line had better looking dinosaurs but it's to add to my collection.

The T-Rex-figure is horrible, its a bad joke :mad:. Looks cheap and totally different from the movie. Even the gate is too brightly painted! I definetly wanted to buy it until I saw it up close. Lets hope its just a prototype or somethin or maybe someone writes a complaint or start a petition, this franchise deserves better than that :)

Also I think the artwork of the cover is somewhat ugly. This silver doesnt fit the trilogy, reminds too much of the third movie. There was a black design I saw here wich looks WAY better.
  • edited July 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    The T-Rex-figure is horrible, its a bad joke :mad:. Looks cheap and totally different from the movie. Even the gate is too brightly painted! I definetly wanted to buy it until I saw it up close. Lets hope its just a prototype or somethin or maybe someone writes a complaint or start a petition, this franchise deserves better than that :)

Also I think the artwork of the cover is somewhat ugly. This silver doesnt fit the trilogy, reminds too much of the third movie. There was a black design I saw here wich looks WAY better.
    I'd rather have something along the lines of TLW's promotional items. Have the logo (clean as opposed to weathered) then surround it with tropical foliage (IE: Ferns, etc.) with either some of the black or silver showing in the central region.

Although the bonus of having silver is the metal referring to the security items of the park. Slap on hints of a warning sign (Red Danger sign/Black & White stripes) or some dinosaur scratch marks.

To be honest it's way too plain, I mean BTTF's box art looked great!
  • edited July 2011
    That sums up well, its too plain. The company who designed all of that including the figure made a bad job.

Its just loveless, it obvious they werent fans of the franchise or maybe even didnt like it
  • edited October 2011
    Did anyone else know that there is a Jaws easter egg in the first JP movie?
    Can't wait for the BluRay to see it more clearly :)
    Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPskKr5zktQ&hd=1
  • edited October 2011
    TorQue wrote: »

Now that is dedication. Very good find.
  • edited October 2011

Consider my mind adequately blown.
  • edited October 2011

I've seen this movie at least a thousand times of the course of my life (and I'm being literal), yet never managed to catch this. Can't wait to try and pick it out when I see it in HD!
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    cool!
  • edited October 2011
    Couldn't even tell that it was Lex the first few seconds. She's very pretty. The collector's edition t-rex looks better on this video than on the display pics. Can't wait.
  • edited October 2011
    Ariana Richards has a website set up and sells autographed purple Lex hats, got mine a few weeks ago, no JP fan should be without it. Can't wait to get this set next week! JP in high def and with a statue as well (would have been the perfect set if Universal had included the metal casing with the fan developed cage packaging).
  • edited October 2011
    Ariana Richards has a website set up and sells autographed purple Lex hats, got mine a few weeks ago, no JP fan should be without it. Can't wait to get this set next week! JP in high def and with a statue as well (would have been the perfect set if Universal had included the metal casing with the fan developed cage packaging).

do u have a link to the site???
Sign in to comment in this discussion.