Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    They release monthly, so assume that the next episode will be out at the end of May, and so on for every episode. As far as length goes, I'm not sure. I would be surprised if it was more then a couple hours per episode.

That's 5 episodes multiplied by 2, 10 hours of gameplay total. Not bad for 30 dollars assuming you preordered. :)
  • edited April 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    They release monthly, so assume that the next episode will be out at the end of May, and so on for every episode. As far as length goes, I'm not sure. I would be surprised if it was more then a couple hours per episode.

That's 5 episodes multiplied by 2, 10 hours of gameplay total. Not bad for 30 dollars assuming you preordered. :)

Indeed. That's actually a pretty decent ammount given the price you pay. Plus the episodic release ensures it will take no shorter than 5 months to complete the game, irregardless which ti me is brilliant since most gamers can purchase a game, beat it in 3-4 hours and be online to complain about it in less than that.
  • edited April 2011

Portal 2 was around 8-10 hours and that was 45$ (when preordered) -.-
  • edited April 2011
    Indeed. That's actually a pretty decent ammount given the price you pay. Plus the episodic release ensures it will take no shorter than 5 months to complete the game, irregardless which ti me is brilliant since most gamers can purchase a game, beat it in 3-4 hours and be online to complain about it in less than that.

Morning Tyannosaur 87
  • edited April 2011
    Morning Tyannosaur 87

Morning blackened. Won't be here for long. Got a busy day of work (try saying that with a straight face given where I work) ahead of me. Just doing my morning rounds before I go. Hopefully something will happen when I'm gone. My inbox will probably be spammed like crazy if something does go down :D
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale... Time to wake up and release the game!!
    early_morning_wake-up_call.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Portal 2 was around 8-10 hours and that was 45$ (when preordered) -.-

Not too bad, but you sorta get the added bonus out of the multiplayer, which could factor in for the price
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Telltale... Time to wake up and release the game!!
    early_morning_wake-up_call.jpg

That penguin is my hero
  • edited April 2011
    Morning blackened. Won't be here for long. Got a busy day of work (try saying that with a straight face given where I work) ahead of me. Just doing my morning rounds before I go. Hopefully something will happen when I'm gone. My inbox will probably be spammed like crazy if something does go down :D

Me To Ill Keep both eyes Out For Ya And Me To Soon
  • edited April 2011
    Me To Ill Keep both eyes Out For Ya And Me To Soon

Sounds good. I gotta jet for now. Don't spam the forum too much, guys! (even though last night was a blast)

Tyrannosaur out.
  • edited April 2011
    I paid 60 for the xbox version of portal 2 (I am an achievement whore, and also not typically a PC gamer) and it was a total rip off. I don't sit around and play video games non stop till I'm done, and with portal 2- I didn't have to. Its so short, so easy, and so not worth the price of admission. Still a cool game though!

That being said, I will re-buy JP when it comes to xbox for those achievements! lol

Also worth nothing, I've seen a lot of people saying that if the game was delayed they would "get their moneyz back" and wait for the console release. This is dumb, they will only put the time, effort, and their moneyz into getting JP:TG released on consoles if it sells well on PC in the first place. So your only decreasing the odds of the game being released on xbox by not supporting the PC release.

"Buying the game twice, thats crazy!" you say. Well, I would normally never do this, but hey its JP, I want telltale to do well from its release, I want them to do more with the license after this game concludes. The only way to do that is to give them my money!
  • edited April 2011
    BTTF only reached pag.100 in his release date thread a couple of days ago, and we are going to reach it away before JP gets released!
  • edited April 2011
    Not too bad, but you sorta get the added bonus out of the multiplayer, which could factor in for the price

that was included into the time length…
  • edited April 2011
    BTTF obviously isn't selling well if they are giving away the first episode for free, but I'm really hoping that doesn't happen to JP:TG. Chances are it won't, Jurassic Park the movie franchise was much more of a financial and critical success compared to BTTF. Still, support the game in any way you can, and that means BUYING it first and foremost :)
  • edited April 2011
    Mm i see my serial number :p
  • edited April 2011
    BTW, I also bought BTTF and I'm thinking about buying hector but I'm not pretty sure what it is about....
  • edited April 2011
    BTTF obviously isn't selling well if they are giving away the first episode for free, but I'm really hoping that doesn't happen to JP:TG. Chances are it won't, Jurassic Park the movie franchise was much more of a financial and critical success compared to BTTF. Still, support the game in any way you can, and that means BUYING it first and foremost :)
    y'

Not true at all TP3D, TT has gone on record as saying that BTTF is the best selling game they have ever released. I think they're giving Episode 1 away as a way to try and entice even more people. If this is true, we should hope that they release 1 episode of Jurassic Park for free, especially if it gets more people to play adventure games.
  • edited April 2011
    Well that's good then, my mistake! I hope JP sells circles about BTTF, all the same :P
  • edited April 2011
    Cant wait 4 the release im so hyped!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Cant wait 4 the release im so hyped!!!

We will have it very soon, April is over in only a few more days! My preferred day of release is Thursday since I'm off work that day but I have to agree with the others who think it will be Friday
  • edited April 2011
    what is the serial number for i got it to
  • edited April 2011
    thcoolnam wrote: »
    what is the serial number for i got it to

When you boot up one of Telltale's games for the first time, you need to use your login details to get it going. But if for whatever reason the game doesn't accept it, then you need to type in the serial code to activate the game.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm super excited. I expect I'll be playing the game by the time I'm finished with dinner.
  • edited April 2011
    Tuesday 26th April.... Why on earth did they not say "release at the end of April"... Or beginning of May. Nobody thinks of a release so late in the month.

If there really is still a problem with the game i highly doubt that it can be fixed in the left few days now.
  • edited April 2011
    brook123 wrote: »
    y'

Not true at all TP3D, TT has gone on record as saying that BTTF is the best selling game they have ever released. I think they're giving Episode 1 away as a way to try and entice even more people. If this is true, we should hope that they release 1 episode of Jurassic Park for free, especially if it gets more people to play adventure games.

BTTF is a stellar game so far. I wanted to play it the moment I saw the trailer, but I held off on preordering it because I wanted to play as much of the series as possible. So I've played the first 3 episodes so far, probably wont play episodes 4 and 5 until after I'm completely finished with JP. And at that point who knows, I might just start over from the very begining.
  • edited April 2011
    Interesting thing is now most of us have serial number, but do not have the game to activate :)
  • edited April 2011
    OMG, they improved the graphics. Added depth of field. Telltale, thank you! Work on it more if you need and give us an awesome experience :)
  • edited April 2011
    Tanshaydar wrote: »
    Interesting thing is now most of us have serial number, but do not have the game to activate :)

No more than 4 more days to go :)
  • edited April 2011
    veki wrote: »
    OMG, they improved the graphics. Added depth of field. Telltale, thank you! Work on it more if you need and give us an awesome experience :)

where did you see this?
  • edited April 2011
    Is the game out already? i am so confused:(
  • edited April 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    where did you see this?

Good question, i was about to ask the same thing, and why does one particular guy keep saying its out when clearly its not :(
  • edited April 2011
    Only four days left in April with no exact release date....

Should I be watching my mailbox this weekend or should we anticipate a release-date push-back?

Excited and supportive!
  • edited April 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »

Just to clear things up for everyone its not released as yet, and i have no idea why people keep saying it is, sorry guys but you will just have to ignore them :)
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    Good question, i was about to ask the same thing, and why does one particular guy keep saying its out when clearly its not :(

I know, i havent got the email yet but that one guy is saying it is out ugh:mad:
  • edited April 2011
    Terakian wrote: »
    Only four days left in April with no exact release date....

Should I be watching my mailbox this weekend or should we anticipate a release-date push-back?

Excited and supportive!

This is taking to Trex bone, talk about last minute Telltale, honestly :eek:
  • edited April 2011
    No, no. Sorry for confusion guys. And I never said that's out. Look at the new trailer that they posted on the Jurassic main page. They improved graphics, or at least it seems so to me. And added a bit of new footage at the end. Check it guys. And it is written, premiere in April. So it's april, after all :)
  • edited April 2011
    Didn't Alan say on friday that today they were going to give some more information?
  • edited April 2011
    Songono wrote: »
    Didn't Alan say on friday that today they were going give some more information?

I believe so yes, but i wouldn't get too excited after what's going on with this game at the moment and the fact nothing has been said at all, even now 4 days from release, sorry but this is pathetic now.
  • edited April 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »

No, it isn't out yet.

Someone attempted to be humorous...

The game should be released soon as it is the end of April, and the "Pre-Order" option is no longer available. As of now, it has not been released.
  • edited April 2011
    REDSLATE wrote: »
    No, it isn't out yet.

Someone attempted to be humorous...

The game should be released soon as it is the end of April, and the "Pre-Order" option is no longer available. As of now, it has not been released.

As I said. I saw the new trailer only. Nobody ever mentioned the game release. Check yourself at the game page. Maybe I am hallucinating but I see some graphis improvements, and a bit of new footage. And the date is set in stone. PC/Mac Premiere in April :)
This discussion has been closed.