Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Songono wrote: »
    Didn't Alan say on friday that today they were going to give some more information?

They always say that but they never do that.
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    They always say that but they never do that.

I wouldn't trust anything Telltale say with this game, i'm no longer happy with them and have been put of by the way they have treat the game and the lack of information they have provided, this is way out of hand now.
  • edited April 2011
    veki wrote: »
    As I said. I saw the new trailer only. Nobody ever mentioned the game release. Check yourself at the game page. Maybe I am hallucinating but I see some graphis improvements, and a bit of new footage. And the date is set in stone. PC/Mac Premiere in April :)

The trailer seems the same to me, its been like that for a while now :(
  • edited April 2011
    Originally Posted by veki
    As I said. I saw the new trailer only. Nobody ever mentioned the game release. Check yourself at the game page. Maybe I am hallucinating but I see some graphis improvements, and a bit of new footage. And the date is set in stone. PC/Mac Premiere in April :)
    What new trailer?
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    The trailer seems the same to me, its been like that for a while now :(

They removed it yesterday, I think. And now they brought it back. To me it seems different. Now I am waiting for community reactions, to see if I am only one thinking that. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah your talking about the behind the scenes webdoc? thats old. that's been out for well over a month. It hasnt changed. the video was set to private for awhile but was then changed back. The content in the video is still exactly the same.

you can even compare it to one of the webdocs that are on youtube and see for yourself.
  • edited April 2011
    I wouldn't trust anything Telltale say with this game, i'm no longer happy with them and have been put of by the way they have treat the game and the lack of information they have provided, this is way out of hand now.

Same opinion
  • edited April 2011
    Why no i get the feeling they are going for a stealth release because so far we know nothing about the game apart from the following...
    • Its made by telltale games
    • its released in april (any game developer would have a release date by now)
    • the preorder button has vanished and the website looks empty
    • it appears you cant even buy the game anymore
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Same opinion

The most disappointing thing for me has been the insider forum... i preordered the game thinking they would release a lot of information, videos...
    I think I won't preorder a game again especially seeing the treatment we have received and the offers they've made with BTTF (episode 1 for free, all the season for 19€...)
  • edited April 2011
    Songono wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing for me has been the insider forum... i preordered the game thinking they would release a lot of information, videos...
    I think I won't preorder a game again especially seeing the treatment we have received and the offers they've made with BTTF (episode 1 for free, all the season for 19€...)

Everything has been disappointing for me since i parted with my money (which i don't have a lot of) with the exception of the amazing people i have met on the forums, which is the best thing about the game so far for me. I was going to preorder Hector the other day but i couldn't because of how much they have put me off...
  • edited April 2011
    a stealth release has always been the plan that way it doesnt clog the servers when its finally out. But in all seriousness I think we need to cut telltale some slack. This is a very big property their dealing with. Universal doesn't just sign off their largest brands like they're free handouts. Developing a game like this is a slow and painstaking process. If its not up to the standards that the people at ILM, Amblin and Universal expect, then they have more work to do. Simple as it gets. So let them do their jobs.
  • edited April 2011
    No, no. Sorry for confusion guys. And I never said that's out. Look at the new trailer that they posted on the Jurassic main page. They improved graphics, or at least it seems so to me. And added a bit of new footage at the end. Check it guys. And it is written, premiere in April. So it's april, after all :)

I didnt see a new trailer it is still the vid posted from ign from a couple of weeks ago.:confused:
  • edited April 2011
    Insider forum = private chat for users
  • edited April 2011

Umm, there have been a couple "released" announcements made by forum members trying to be funny.

Example:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp286/REDSLATE32/Jpforumpic001edit.png

And the video on the game's page is EXACTLY the same as it was before...

There are no graphical improvements (unless you happened to select a lower resolution yourself before reviewing it [it's a YouTube video]) and no new footage.

There is no specific date either... just: April

You better chigedy-check yoself b'fore you wreck yoself!

:cool:
  • edited April 2011
    They removed the pre-order and you can't buy the game in the store...
  • edited April 2011
    I am not usually one to get worked up..but not having much experience with these folks, are they always this close-hold with their information? The pre-order was a bit of a leap of faith on my part; lets hope it pans out. I dont understand how you can advertise a game released in a particular month...and still know next to nothing come the 26th of said month?

Here is the source of my annoyance..as I have gotten older I have less blind faith that games are worth purchasing anymore much less preordering..I preordered JP instead of going out and buying another game now...with idea JP was going to be out already; I stand corrected.

I love what these guy are trying to do..so for that they pulled me in from the outside.. a place where I had never heard of telltale..or at best in passing.

Lets hope we get some information soon; even if its only due to marketing insanity the release date has been pushed back to coicide with console releases..or some such. :o
  • edited April 2011
    Greg. wrote: »
    They removed the pre-order and you can't buy the game in the store...

Smart move for Telltale games.....not allowing people to buy the game any more, that's the stupidest thing they could do, i mean how long does it take to make a new buy button and tweak the payment page a little to reflect the updated price and so far its been down for a few days now, they are so slow at everything...
  • edited April 2011
    Oh for the love of pete how many times does this have to be repeated???

THEY ONLY REMOVED THE PRE-ORDER FUNCTION. THE DIRECT PURCHASE FUNCTION WILL BE PUT IN PLACE AFTER THE GAMES RELEASE.

For chrimeny's sakes if you guys love these boards so much why dont any of you bother to read the information on here??? You're all just shooting from the hip and its driving me crazy. take the time to do some research every once in awhile.
  • edited April 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »

THEY ONLY REMOVED THE PRE-ORDER FUNCTION. THE DIRECT PURCHASE FUNCTION WILL BE PUT IN PLACE AFTER THE GAMES RELEASE.

For chrimeny's sakes if you guys love these boards so much why dont any of you bother to read the information on here??? You're all just shooting from the hip and its driving me crazy. take the time to do some research every once in awhile.

Sorry but if that was aimed at me, i don't really want to go though 79 pages worth of posts to find one little meaningless quote that still doesn't take away the point that i have, that's like finding a needle in a stack of hay.
  • edited April 2011
    Alan Johnson is online right now. Let's hope he gives us some information...
  • edited April 2011
    Also, consider that this is the foundation of all of the episodes. They have to release one a month after the first one launches. They aren't just working on episode one, they are making sure the entire game is going to work out. So we have to wait until April 30th (unless they say otherwise). I paid for a game, and I'll get one. Pre-ordering is like an investment.
  • edited April 2011
    relax, the TTG folks have everything under control... :)
    btw. Alan promised there will be information about JP today? think... that means the game will come out today! ;)
  • edited April 2011
    How goddamn long can this take? Grrrrrr!
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry but if that was aimed at me, i don't really want to go though 79 pages worth of posts to find one little meaningless quote that still doesn't take away the point that i have, that's like finding a needle in a stack of hay.

that "one little meaningless quote" you and everyone else is looking for has been asked and answered time and time again over the course of the last 24 hours. You dont have to look further than the last 5 pages or so.
  • edited April 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »

That'd be fine if they released the game a few hours after removing the option.
    It's been a day, one entire day in which no one coming to the site is able to purchase or pre-purchase the game. This is not only a stupid idea it's also financial suicide.
  • edited April 2011
    MrWake wrote: »
    That'd be fine if they released the game a few hours after removing the option.
    It's been a day, one entire day in which no one coming to the site is able to purchase or pre-purchase the game. This is not only a stupid idea it's also financial suicide.

Someone that understands my point, thank you dude, its nice to have backup once in a while :)
  • edited April 2011
    big-augen wrote: »
    relax, the TTG folks have everything under control... :)
    btw. Alan promised there will be information about JP today? think... that means the game will come out today! ;)

I doubt that's the case, but it would be nice. i think the game will be released in the very last second of April as a stealth release.
  • edited April 2011
    nice work cyberscribe!
  • edited April 2011
    lol sorry that was redundant i deleted it. :)
  • edited April 2011
    So is the general date for the release date Friday still?
  • edited April 2011
    What the hell is going on? Why aren't they just telling us if they're gonna release it this week or not?
  • edited April 2011
    MrWake wrote: »
    So is the general date for the release date Friday still?

The last possible date they can release the game would be Friday, unless they work on the weekends then in that case it would be Saturday.
  • edited April 2011
    What the hell is going on? Why aren't they just telling us if they're gonna release it this week or not?

Beats me, but that's Telltale games for you...
  • edited April 2011
    Its been delayed.. read your email :) but for a good reason I think!

Edit: did I call it or what....released same day as other platforms..

"Lets hope we get some information soon; even if its only due to marketing insanity the release date has been pushed back to coicide with console releases..or some such. "

Posted that earlier...lol oy...

to quote Malcom... Boy, do I hate being right all the time!
  • edited April 2011
    Just got my email. Kinda disappointing, but looking forward to whatever else they are adding to the game.
  • edited April 2011
    MrDNA wrote: »

funny, it actually made me check...
  • edited April 2011
    aw, man!
  • edited April 2011
    Free game! Worth it! Thanks TTG! That is some sick customer service!!!!!:D
  • edited April 2011
    well, atleast they are giving a full refund. Cause i may just get in on PS3 instead when it comes out.
  • edited April 2011
    MrDNA wrote: »

Oh wow... lol so for the fall?? at least we get a refund...
This discussion has been closed.