BTTF Ep 4: Double Visions Predictions thread (Spoilers Warning!)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In ep2 you could get a characture of yourself. Was there any use for it? It isn't in the inventory in ep3.
  • edited April 2011
    Kamagawa wrote: »
    In ep2 you could get a characture of yourself. Was there any use for it? It isn't in the inventory in ep3.

Yeah, I got the caricature too. I think it was just for fun and/or to put further emphasis on the fact that Zane draws the caricatures himself. As you said before, it wasn't in the inventory in episode three which leads me to believe that it won't have any further relevance in the series.
  • edited April 2011
    You could temporarily put yourself in Tannen's Wall of Fame.
  • edited April 2011
    What if... what if Doc is his own father :O... no im just kidding. That would be wierd, and it would create a paradox... But i'm really exited about part 5 (if you think about it, when the last part comes out, we've got eight movies, since the average gametime is the same length as a movie)
  • edited April 2011
    oh well all I can say is we'll have to wait and see
  • ... But i'm really exited about part 5 (if you think about it, when the last part comes out, we've got eight movies, since the average gametime is the same length as a movie)

I'm excited about part 5, but there is a big difference between games and movies: in a game, you can influence what you see(choosing your pseudonym in episode 1, for example, which the next few episodes can't really get right), and sometimes see the same thing multiple times(i.e. asking Trixie to sing "I don't care", purposefully not doing the correct action for the rocket fuel reaction, asking olde Edna to see the binoculars, trying to handle Ms. Pretty-whiskers' food, etc.), whereas in a movie, what you see is always the same, unrepeated(as in the same scene isn't there repeating three minutes later), and uninfluenced by any viewer(every character is a NPC).;)
  • edited April 2011
    Mission: In order to prevent 1986-B from happening, Marty must go back to 1931 and prevent the following things:
    1. Emmett success at the Expo. His failure is what leads to him becoming a "professional seeker of truth."
    2. Emmett and Edna courting.

I foresee two sets of puzzles for those two parts. For the later, you know we have to do it. Got any disasterous dating advice for Emmett that you wish you could type into the upcoming Episode 4?
  • Julianne wrote: »
    Mission: In order to prevent 1986-B from happening, Marty must go back to 1931 and prevent the following things:
    1. Emmett success at the Expo. His failure is what leads to him becoming a "professional seeker of truth."
    2. Emmett and Edna courting.

I foresee two sets of puzzles for those two parts. For the later, you know we have to do it. Got any disasterous dating advice for Emmett that you wish you could type into the upcoming Episode 4?

I think marty's shown in episode 1 that he's not willing to break emmets heart to get what he wants. So he wouldnt give emmett bad advice or lie to him, i think he'll have to use logic.

There's theories that marty may have to beat emmett at the science fair and while this may be right, this could also convince emmett to give up on science (unless he's supposed to lose).
  • edited April 2011
    I think marty's shown in episode 1 that he's not willing to break emmets heart to get what he wants. So he wouldnt give emmett bad advice or lie to him, i think he'll have to use logic.

There's theories that marty may have to beat emmett at the science fair and while this may be right, this could also convince emmett to give up on science (unless he's supposed to lose).

I was just fooling around. You make good points.
  • edited April 2011
    My guess is its called double visions because it will involve travelling back and forth between 1931 and 1986, the double visions being younger/older versions of doc and edna, or in officer parker and george's case, their parents/children. Hopefully this will be the case seeing as the first 3 episodes have parked you in one time and kept you there for the rest of the episode after the first act, especially in ep 3 where you're in 1986 for the entire thing. Being able to travel back and forward would be awesome too, not to mention in the preview they make a big deal about marty revealing his origins to alternate jennifer which wouldn't just get brushed over within the first act which also hints at this as a possibility.
  • edited April 2011
    Well hey guys, we're gettin close to the end of the month here which means, as awesome as Episode 3 was (replayed a few times) We're all jonesin' to see what lies beyond Airstrip One (1984 reference). We know that Marty and Citizen Brown team up, meaning that he must get rescued from Edna's brainwashing scheme, and from the preview, it looks like he teams up with Jennifer after telling him the truth, meaning she agrees to help him in freeing Citizen Brown, which they succeed at, fix the Time machine, and go back to 1931. Anyone got anything to add or wanna take it from here?
  • edited April 2011
    Well, lets see. What I think is going to happen is Marty is going to get help from Jennifer to get Doc out of the Disciplinary Center, since she is a bad girl this time around. Also since Doc was taken against his will it is possible that Edna now has the notebook. This could be what the beginning of episode 1 was forshadowing when Doc said "If my notebook ever fell into the wrong hands the consequences could be catestrophic." I think Marty can easily beat young Doc at the Expo since he has the electric guitar and tape recorder on him.

In the preview Doc says "There is no future for us..." in a really chilling tone, but I think it is obvious that he is saying this to Edna, that they have no future together. And I still want to know who the arsonist is and how Ednas shoe got into the Delorean.
  • edited April 2011
    jwalker30 wrote: »
    Well, lets see. What I think is going to happen is Marty is going to get help from Jennifer to get Doc out of the Disciplinary Center, since she is a bad girl this time around. Also since Doc was taken against his will it is possible that Edna now has the notebook. This could be what the beginning of episode 1 was forshadowing when Doc said "If my notebook ever fell into the wrong hands the consequences could be catestrophic." I think Marty can easily beat young Doc at the Expo since he has the electric guitar and tape recorder on him.

In the preview Doc says "There is no future for us..." in a really chilling tone, but I think it is obvious that he is saying this to Edna, that they have no future together. And I still want to know who the arsonist is and how Ednas shoe got into the Delorean.

Edna's shoe got into the DeLorean because Einstein took it from her, got in the DeLorean, and waited for the auto retrieval to kick in.
  • edited April 2011
    Edna's shoe got into the DeLorean because Einstein took it from her, got in the DeLorean, and waited for the auto retrieval to kick in.

Yes but why? Doc said he only attacks people if he has a very good reason. So what was she doing that made him attack? Is she the arsonist or what?
  • edited April 2011
    You make a very good point. I hope you are right.
  • edited April 2011
    I still say we're going to find another DeLorean, copied when Marty went back to 1985 the first time, buried somewhere under the theater.
  • edited April 2011
    Also since Doc was taken against his will it is possible that Edna now has the notebook. This could be what the beginning of episode 1 was forshadowing when Doc said "If my notebook ever fell into the wrong hands the consequences could be catestrophic."
    VERY GOOD! I overlooked this possibility and give you full props, whether or not it turns out to be right or wrong is a damn good theory. And yes, it's also possible that Marty might compete and beat doc with his future stuff, which is something I also hadn't considered, I thought Marty and Citizen brown were going to team up to help Young Doc come up with a great invention (if you look at the bttf game page, thats a preview thats been up for Episode 4) So either one is a possibility, however I believe for that Marty and Citizen Brown were more likely going to invent something original, at least that was what was implied.
  • edited April 2011
    Yes but why? Doc said he only attacks people if he has a very good reason. So what was she doing that made him attack? Is she the arsonist or what?

It's highly implied. Not to mention that in two different 1986's and in 1931, Einstein seems to have an innate hatred of her.
  • edited April 2011
    I was alot more anxious for Episode 3 than I was for 4 but then again we were left far more jonesin to see what 3'd be like and for a longer period

Also: The new mortal kombat game just came out and IT. IS. EPIC!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    I also see the possibility that Biff will end up coming in handy since, besides Marty, he also has it out for Edna. Maybe he will get the notebook off of Edna and Marty will have to get it off of Biff, kind of like BTTF 2.
  • jwalker30 wrote: »
    I also see the possibility that Biff will end up coming in handy since, besides Marty, he also has it out for Edna. Maybe he will get the notebook off of Edna and Marty will have to get it off of Biff, kind of like BTTF 2.

It is kind of neat seeing Biff as a protagonist of sorts and a villain who is not a tannnen.
  • edited April 2011
    Wow... wait. I was just thinking, it's called Double Visions ... why?

What about nerdy Marty coming back from that math camp?
    Maybe he will help our Marty fix the time machine. icon3.gif
    He might understand the equations in Doc's notebook, if he does something as boring as going to a mathematic competition. :rolleyes:
    And our Marty might be good at fixing stuff (that he understands). Its possible he built that amp together with Doc.
  • Wow... wait. I was just thinking, it's called Double Visions ... why?

What about nerdy Marty coming back from that math camp?
    Maybe he will help our Marty fix the time machine. icon3.gif
    He might understand the equations in Doc's notebook, if he does something as boring as going to a mathematic competition. :rolleyes:
    And our Marty might be good at fixing stuff (that he understands). Its possible he built that amp together with Doc.

I dont think there should be another marty. It's never denied nor confirmed whether an 'other self' would appear in an alternate timeline but i dont think it will. What if Marty wanted to stay in that timeline? Wouldnt make must sense to have 2 marty's in 1 timeline without one leaving due to time travel.
  • edited April 2011
    I think Edna's going to reveal that she was the real arsonist.
  • edited April 2011
    Personally, I'm hoping that Edna is NOT the arsonist. I can see it now...

"Yes, it was me! I'm the arsonist. It was my ingenious idea to get rid of the speakeasy in order to promote an anti-alcohol message. Bwahahahaha!" *lightning in the background for dramatic effect*

Not to say that I don't believe that Edna might actually be the arsonist, of course. She certainly has the motive and Kid has accused of her of sneaking around his speakeasy. It's just that I would prefer it if there was a little more of a twist.
  • edited April 2011
    I dont think there should be another marty. It's never denied nor confirmed whether an 'other self' would appear in an alternate timeline but i dont think it will. What if Marty wanted to stay in that timeline? Wouldnt make must sense to have 2 marty's in 1 timeline without one leaving due to time travel.
    ugh, I commented but the submit didn't go through, so here's the short of it: I dispute the claim that it is impossible for someone to meet their other self; it happened in BTTF2 between 1985 Jennifer and her older 2015 self. i think it's possible, but not likely because it seemed implied that Marty and Citizen brown would team up... although there could be surprise twist, I haven't seen any indication yet.
  • ugh, I commented but the submit didn't go through, so here's the short of it: I dispute the claim that it is impossible for someone to meet their other self; it happened in BTTF2 between 1985 Jennifer and her older 2015 self. i think it's possible, but not likely because it seemed implied that Marty and Citizen brown would team up... although there could be surprise twist, I haven't seen any indication yet.
    It's possible to encounter your other self but only if one eventually leaves due to time travel. The only time we see two of any characters in the present is two marty's at the end of part I for 11 minutes but one leaves. But you can't have 2 co-exist without one eventually leaving hence why there should not be a 'nerd math league' marty lurking around in the FCB timeline.
  • edited April 2011
    It's possible to encounter your other self but only if one eventually leaves due to time travel. The only time we see two of any characters in the present is two marty's at the end of part I for 11 minutes but one leaves. But you can't have 2 co-exist without one eventually leaving hence why there should not be a 'nerd math league' marty lurking around in the FCB timeline.
    well lemme ask you this; Why does Doc appear in the 1931 photograph with Marty if he disappeared because that eventuality of Doc never became who he is? Then how was the time-machine ever invented, shouldn't it have faded away? Well if it did, then wouldn't everything revert itself? Face it m8, there are inconsistencies in the BTTF mechanics vs. what would really logically happened. The Telltale staff aren't quantum physicists, although I don't blame them for overlooking some logical incongruities.
  • edited April 2011

It doesnt make sense if there isnt one, without a time machine he would have never left.
    Of course if he doesnt exist he couldnt have messed up the timeline... yeah paradox... whatever.
  • edited April 2011
    Personally, I'm hoping that Edna is NOT the arsonist. I can see it now...

"Yes, it was me! I'm the arsonist. It was my ingenious idea to get rid of the speakeasy in order to promote an anti-alcohol message. Bwahahahaha!" *lightning in the background for dramatic effect*

Not to say that I don't believe that Edna might actually be the arsonist, of course. She certainly has the motive and Kid has accused of her of sneaking around his speakeasy. It's just that I would prefer it if there was a little more of a twist.

Or how about this:

"Yes I did it. I set the speakeasy on fire. I hated alchohol soooo much. It.. It.. flamed... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... ruthless... breathing... heaving breaths..."

I think it is Edna but I would appreciate a good twist.
  • edited April 2011
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it WAS Edna who destroyed the speakeasy. Who else could've done it? I mean, why else bring in a mystery like the speakeasy arsonist when the culprit's never revealed or it's not someone we've already met (and, I swear to God, if you guys start with any talk of it being that nameless guy in the soup kitchen, I will go all Angry Joe on your asses!)? Besides, it's kinda obvious anyway. She DESPISES alcohol and she was all too eager to get Marty's quote on the speakeasy's destruction, almost like she WANTED people to talk about it....
  • edited April 2011
    Julianne wrote: »
    "Yes I did it. I set the speakeasy on fire. I hated alchohol soooo much. It.. It.. flamed... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... ruthless... breathing... heaving breaths..."

clue+mrs.+white.jpg Edna_Strickland_1931.png

Striking resemblance.

Not really.
    (and, I swear to God, if you guys start with any talk of it being that nameless guy in the soup kitchen, I will go all Angry Joe on your asses!)

I was just having some fun on the other board. Let's be honest, everybody loves a good twist and it's always nice to discover that the culprit was the one you least suspected. I was simply parodying that notion and picked the person who you had the least contact with during the game. I think everybody suspected Edna to be the arsonist.

Do I really think Soup Kitchen Guy is the arsonist? No.

Would it be amazing if, by some godly miracle, it was him? Absolutely. It would throw everyone off and nobody would see it coming.

As said before, I hope that Edna isn't the arsonist but would I be surprised if she was? Not in the slightest.
  • clue+mrs.+white.jpg Edna_Strickland_1931.png

Striking resemblance.

Not really.

gee i was hoping for 3-4 different endings!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm wondering that as well, i think the top suspects are edna or griff.

I think the gun should still exist, didnt kid get it from another crime family? Though Marty couldnt have acquired it without kid being free in 1986.

anyhow I think FCB will help marty re create time travel but have marty go back to 1931 alone. The hover conversions do not work on the time machine so we can rule out a flying delorean for most of episode 4 but if marty restores the timeline, that should restore the hover conversion.

no it shouldnt
  • edited April 2011

doc hates edna
  • edited April 2011
    We don't know if the DeLorean will still be able to fly or not. The other question is, in a Hill Valley that is populated only by electric cars, where are they going to get a new wheel for the car?
  • edited April 2011
    We don't know if the DeLorean will still be able to fly or not. The other question is, in a Hill Valley that is populated only by electric cars, where are they going to get a new wheel for the car?

Considering Marty's usual luck,
    the battery will run out,
    it will fall back down,
    ...and land right on his head.
  • edited April 2011
    ko32190 wrote: »
    no it shouldnt
    I agree. Timelines are relative. There's Marty and the Delorean's timeline and then there's the normal linear timeline of that 1986. LOGICALLY Marty and the DeLorean should've disappeared when original Doc did because he never existed to invent it, go to 2015, etc etc. The fact Marty and the DeLorean still exist implies that a new timeline started and didn't cancel out the original, however it's contradicted by the fact DOC disappeared. Is anyone else following me?

The quantum mechanics are illogical in this game, however assuming this Marty and the DeLorean are from an alternate timeline that just starts a new tangent vs. cancelling the effects of the previous one, nothing that changes in this timeline in 1986 will affect Marty or the DeLorean. If the new Doc replaced the old one, the same should've happened to Marty logically.
  • edited April 2011
    gee i was hoping for 3-4 different endings!

Am I the only one that actually likes that idea?
  • edited April 2011
    Am I the only one that actually likes that idea?
    Hmmm no, I like the idea too, I hadn't given it much consideration before you said it, but I think it'll be cool.

I just hope the Telltale staff knows to give an extra amount of time to the future era in Episode 5... I love the hoverboards/cars. You know BTTF 2, love it or hate it, was responsible for a good amount of influence in the scifi world
Sign in to comment in this discussion.