Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited April 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    It's just a delay, that's all this is. All major games have delays. When they released Trespasser on time 1998, nothing worked!

Haha, I dont know you but you just made my depressed mood that was just caused by Telltale turn into a happy feeling about my favorite game that was so true, so for that.. I love you!
    MrDNA wrote: »
    RexMaster

For your reading pleasure...or displeasure as the case may be..
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24404

Yeah, I just saw it, and reading it, all of the anger towards Telltale has gone away! I think that they can do some great things with it with thier leftover time, but I just hope that they dont continue to delay it until it is released with a bunch of bugs like our beloved Trespasser. Dont put too much on your to-do-list, Telltale! Good luck, and I dont want my refund I would like to see the game in the fall and I would like to keep my pre-order if that is okay. I am also going to be trying one of your other games and I appreciate all that you do for us Telltale!
  • edited April 2011
    Man..Tp3d and i so called it. Everybody was all like "No, they wouldn't do that to us","quit rattling everybody's cages". Guess time showed in the end. I'm super disappointed in telltale, they should have told us the second they knew. I think after BTTF is done so am I(with telltale that is).
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys - to clarify. The free game applies to ANY of our titles, be it Back to the Future, Hector, or Tales of Monkey Island, the choice is yours.

Alan, the whole thing was handled well..so thanks for that, and the clarification. Made...and kept a fan here.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    They could of said something so much sooner i think is what angers me the most.
    Mdk7 wrote: »
    Surely the timing of this whole announcement is not that great, i mean they're shifting the realease pretty FAR away.

I daresay it was a pretty tough decision for them to make, which is why it took that long. No one wants to disappoint a community that's as excited and involved as this one.
  • edited April 2011
    Quick everyone grab your serial number! Muahah...oh wait. haha bad joke..cough cough...cough.

I don't think that's such a good idea as the current serial numbers will just be deactivated or blacklisted. Trust me you will be surprised at how much control they have in there licensing mechanism(s).
  • edited April 2011
    Well if the PC version is now coming out in the Fall then I'm just gonna get the console version instead.....I just ordered the Back to the Future game and I sent them an email asking them if I could just get a refund on that as well and use that as my free game because I don't want another game free or not. They don't interest me. I wish they sent that email a few days earlier before I bought BTTF.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey guys - to clarify. The free game applies to ANY of our titles, be it Back to the Future, Hector, or Tales of Monkey Island, the choice is yours.
    All is good with the world. But let me see. If i ask for Hector for free, I will just get the first episode? if I ask for Sam and Max, the whole season???
  • edited April 2011
    I don't think that's such a good idea as the current serial numbers will just be deactivated or blacklisted.

Joking only... obviously they will be canned. But may be if I type it into a random..tell tale game...it will transform into JP..yes yes...I think Im on to something...

Or Not.

Bummer.
  • edited April 2011
    I am really unhappy, I wanted the game not a refund. And the delay is so absurdly lengthy. After all that anticipation, I am profoundly disappointed.
  • edited April 2011
    Joking only... obviously they will be canned. But may be if I type it into a random..tell tale game...it will transform into JP..yes yes...I think Im on to something...

Or Not.

Bummer.

Hahaha very creative mind, i like it :D
  • edited April 2011
    Ok whats going on, since last night there are 40 pages of stuff and I have been away for a while.
  • edited April 2011
    arrrrgghhhh!!!!!!! :-(

When was this decision made? Why wait until nearly the end of the month before springing this to your fans?

Is this something more legal to the JP license or is it really something to do with making it better?

I don't know why episode 1 could have been released as it was and made episodes 2 thru 5 better.

All I know is this just plain sux. I remember another software shop entitled 3DRealms that went back to the well several times during their development of DNF. I hope this is not the case with TT.
  • edited April 2011
    cme550 wrote: »
    Well if the PC version is now coming out in the Fall then I'm just gonna get the console version instead.....I just ordered the Back to the Future game and I sent them an email asking them if I could just get a refund on that as well and use that as my free game because I don't want another game free or not. They don't interest me. I wish they sent that email a few days earlier before I bought BTTF.

Yeah same here... I wonder if our online refunded credit will allow us to preorder a console game.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I daresay it was a pretty tough decision for them to make, which is why it took that long. No one wants to disappoint a community that's as excited and involved as this one.

Good point, sorry Telltale, everyone is disappointed but i guess out of everyone, you guys have come off a lot worse and i have to give you credit for what you have done. Look on the bright side people the game is going to kick ass now it has more time to be made into something even more incredible that it was all ready.
  • edited April 2011
    rdhiggins wrote: »
    arrrrgghhhh!!!!!!! :-(

When was this decision made? Why wait until nearly the end of the month before springing this to your fans?

Is this something more legal to the JP license or is it really something to do with making it better?

I don't know why episode 1 could have been released as it was and made episodes 2 thru 5 better.

All I know is this just plain sux. I remember another software shop entitled 3DRealms that went back to the well several times during their development of DNF. I hope this is not the case with TT.

I agree completely. I want episode one.
  • edited April 2011
    I just thought of something.. If episode 1 is supposed to be released in the fall.. does that mean that the console games, which are supposed to have all 5 episodes on it.. will be postponed as well??? >:(
  • edited April 2011
    Just to continue to keep you guys in the loop: We made the announcement literally as soon as we possibly could after coming to the tough decision of pushing the game's launch to the fall.

Thanks so much for all of your support and understanding already!
  • edited April 2011

For those of us that are not heavy gamers, is there a chance we can save our free game and apply it toward Jurassic Park when we reorder, or will it expire?

I think this is being handled pretty well by Telltale. Im certainly glad we are not being left in the dark and I appreciate that they are offering us something in return. Hopefully, the extra time will just make the game that much better.
  • edited April 2011
    Just to continue to keep you guys in the loop: We made the announcement literally as soon as we possibly could after coming to the tough decision of pushing the game's launch to the fall.

I love what Telltale produces, but I am really upset. I honestly think releasing a Beta version of episode one is good idea. I know this must be hard for you guys, and it IS just a game, but still....
  • edited April 2011

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this sucks
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    I just thought of something.. If episode 1 is supposed to be released in the fall.. does that mean that the console games, which are supposed to have all 5 episodes on it.. will be postponed as well??? >:(

The email says the game "will be released simultaneously on every platform this fall", so consoles will be getting it at the same time as PC/Mac.
  • edited April 2011
    sorry guys on missing the adventure spamming i wish i was in it :(
  • edited April 2011
    Well I will see you in the fall then, hopefully. Unless it gets delayed again.

Time to pound my head against the wall.......... <sigh>
  • edited April 2011
    rdhiggins wrote: »
    Well I will see you in the fall then, hopefully. Unless it gets delayed again.

Time to pound my head against the wall.......... <sigh>

he said possibly
  • edited April 2011

OMG YES BTTF! I love you Alan...have my babies!!!
  • edited April 2011

We're planning to have a simultaneous release with the PC version. We'll be announcing our release schedule later on but I think you'll be pleased.
  • edited April 2011
    joosyjuice wrote: »
    OMG YES BTTF! I love you Alan...have my babies!!!

This is not such an awesome cookie for those of us who already own the all the games...
  • edited April 2011
    valentine wrote: »
    This is not such an awesome cookie for those of us who already own the all the games...

I had the patience of the tortoise for such a chance lucky deal as this! Maybe you can gift your free game to someone you like?
  • edited April 2011
    We're planning to have a simultaneous release with the PC version. We'll be announcing our release schedule later on but I think you'll be pleased.

I'm sure i will be :D, i don't mean to be cheeky but when will be be able to get our free game as i'm excited about having a new game to play with my girlfriend now :D
  • edited April 2011
    valentine wrote: »

yeah seriously. It's like a big F.U. to loyal Telltale fans. What do we get out of it? Nothing. Just a sorry.
  • edited April 2011

alan sry but i don't know get a refund on my card.
  • edited April 2011
    Hmmm...that is an idea Joosy....
  • edited April 2011
    I'm also in for Hector...but would like to spend the code for the 3-episode set... if not possible okay... at least 1 episode for free... that should be enought imho, and is more than others would give you.
  • edited April 2011
    Can you cancel a pre-ordered game and use the freebie on that? Then all of these people who own everything can get a refund on Hector and get it for free.
  • edited April 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »
    yeah seriously. It's like a big F.U. to loyal Telltale fans. What do we get out of it? Nothing. Just a sorry.

Why are you complaining, you get your money back and a free game. That's much more than a sorry and just think how bad Telltale Games feel about having to announce this...
  • edited April 2011
    gnarkill wrote: »

I look at it less as an F.U. as woefully insufficient, especially for the Telltale diehards. I appreciate their position, I honestly do, but the presented solution is not much of a fix. Honestly, I would be satisfied with a Beta version of just episode one for those who pre-ordered, and wait for the rest of it until the fall. I would happily trade a beta of episode one in exchange for the free game voucher.
  • edited April 2011
    how do i get a refund :P
  • edited April 2011
    Why are you complaining, you get your money back and a free game. That's much more than a sorry and just think how bad Telltale Games feel about having to announce this...

I agree. It sucks for TTG as I'm sure they're disappointed, BUT I would much prefer to wait for an improved game and quality than a rushed job on something so big as Jurassic Park...I want them to get this right too.

If we get a refund, when can we re-preorder the game, Alan? I already own all your games, so I'll just gift my freebie on to a family member or something :)

Good luck this week, TTG employees!
  • edited April 2011
    You'll notice when you look at your creditcard bill or paypal account... well I payed via paypal so I'm pretty sure I get a notice, when they refund the money.
  • edited April 2011
    Are you shitting me? How are you going to tell people April, and you wait all month just to push it to Fall, you better have a damn good reason. It's not like a week, this is MONTHS! You'd better impress the hell out of me Telltale, especially for a game where I can't even walk...
This discussion has been closed.