Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited November 2012
    That's what I think. Time to stick someone else in the bat-suit(preferably not an all-black one AGAIN).
  • edited December 2012
    Fun discovery of the day: there is a company called GraphicAudio that produces full-cast, licensed audio play adaptations of DC Comics storylines (and also will soon be doing Marvel's Civil War, too!) The trailers sound stupendous, so I'll be putting in an order for Crisis on Infinite Earths soon.
  • edited December 2012
    Wow. That No Man's Land sounds amazing.
  • edited December 2012
    Batman Live came through town..I didn't catch it but people said it was amazing.
  • edited December 2012
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Batman Live came through town..I didn't catch it but people said it was amazing.

I saw it at HP Pavilion. I haven’t seen such shit since the Spider-Man musical.
  • edited December 2012
    Noname215 wrote: »
    I saw it at HP Pavilion. I haven’t seen such shit since the Spider-Man musical.

Wait...is it a musical?
  • edited December 2012
    Nope. It was like a friggin’ Disney show. It had a bunch of circus-like crap, terrible acting and dialogue, and a lot of corny FX. The only thing that made it worth watching was the fact that it was Batman.

Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?
    batman-and-robin-6.jpg

WHAT THE F#*K IS UP WITH THEM AND BAT-NIPPLES?!

Edit: Oh, yeah, Joel Schumacher.
  • edited December 2012
    Nope. It was like a friggin’ Disney show. It had a bunch of circus-like crap, terrible acting and dialogue, and a lot of corny FX. The only thing that made it worth watching was the fact that it was Batman.

It advertises itself as the ultimate night out for the family.

I hope you weren't expecting grimdark.
  • edited December 2012
    At least the bat-suit is somewhat decent and isn't totally freaking black for once.
  • edited December 2012
    Is it like the Batman show from the episode of Batman Beyond/Of The Future where Bruce wants to be young again?
  • edited December 2012
    Finally seen Dark Knight Returns part 1 and Dark Knight Rises, Both were great :)
  • edited December 2012
    I just got the expanded score to Arkham City. Wow, it's great.
  • edited December 2012
    Batman fanfics are so hard to write. I should know, I’ve tried.
  • edited December 2012
    DAISHI wrote: »
    I just got the expanded score to Arkham City. Wow, it's great.

There's an expanded score?
  • edited December 2012
    Strawberries are packed with fibre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck
  • edited December 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    The Hobbit will play the full length trailer for Man of Steel.

No, it didn’t.
  • edited December 2012
    No, it didn’t.

Yes, it did. Guess depends on the movie theatre you watched it in.
  • edited December 2012
    Still wondering about this expanded score for Arkham City that DAISHI mentioned.
  • edited January 2013
    I was going through my dad’s B.S. from the 80s and 90s and I found the original 4 issues of The Dark Knight Returns. Neat find.
  • edited January 2013
    I was going through my dad’s B.S. from the 80s and 90s and I found the original 4 issues of The Dark Knight Returns. Neat find.

ooooh nice, I still need to get a compilation of all of the Dark Knight returns issues :P

well... maybe not Dark Knight Returns 2, that one isn't quite as good
  • edited January 2013
    It was ok. I don’t really care for a lot of Frank Miller’s stuff. I didn’t care for 300 and Sin City gave me a headache looking at the pictures. But his Batman stuff is amazing.
  • edited January 2013
    What do you guys think will be the next Batman franchise? A new movie(-trilogy), new series, animated?
    I'd heard some rumors about a Batman tv-series, which continues Nolan's Batman world, including the 'darkness'. Even if this isn't already shelved (like the Wonder Women series), they better put this on pay-per-view. I wanna see some swearing and grittiness.
  • edited January 2013
    I think they already announced that they will start a new movie timeline. I recall hearing this relatively soon after Nolan told them he wasn't going to do any more. It was more of an announcement that they wouldn't make another sequel without him, but they didn't word it as "IF we make another one". It was "The next Batman film will not be of any relation to the Nolan films...". Considering how quickly Hollywood jumped on rebooting Spider-Man, I don't think we'll have long to wait. These were much more successful.
  • edited January 2013
    Unless they're ready to bring in the more fantastical elements of Batman, I'm not interested at all.
  • edited January 2013
    JordyLicht wrote: »
    What do you guys think will be the next Batman franchise? A new movie(-trilogy), new series, animated?
    I'd heard some rumors about a Batman tv-series, which continues Nolan's Batman world, including the 'darkness'. Even if this isn't already shelved (like the Wonder Women series), they better put this on pay-per-view. I wanna see some swearing and grittiness.

You know, I watched the pilot of Wonder Woman and...while I don't think it was that GOOD...I also didn't think it was that bad either. I really didn't. But hey, she might be getting another shot at TV.

As for the Batman, there IS Beware the Batman coming soon, but...I'm not sure if it will be any good or not.
  • edited January 2013
    You know, I watched the pilot of Wonder Woman and...while I don't think it was that GOOD...I also didn't think it was that bad either. I really didn't. But hey, she might be getting another shot at TV.

You should see the review.
  • edited January 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    You should see the review.

There needs too be a ban on that website.
  • edited January 2013
    So how do you guys feel about A Death of the Family, the new story arc that is being praised as one of the best the Joker has ever had.
  • edited January 2013
    I don't know how to feel about any of the New 52 stuff. While on the one hand, I am glad that Barbara Gordon is finally on her feet as Batgirl again(seriously, if BRUCE can rehabilitate from having his back broken, why can he not help her?), I am disappointed that they've seemed to retcon her years as Oracle and also eliminate Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain's Batgirls.
  • edited January 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    There needs too be a ban on that website.

Not a fan?
    I used to go there daily, but the last year or so, it's been a little boring in my opinion, but I'm curious to know what your problem is with TGWTG.
  • edited January 2013
    I don't know how to feel about any of the New 52 stuff. While on the one hand, I am glad that Barbara Gordon is finally on her feet as Batgirl again(seriously, if BRUCE can rehabilitate from having his back broken, why can he not help her?), I am disappointed that they've seemed to retcon her years as Oracle and also eliminate Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain's Batgirls.

I don't totally understand the New 52 reboot, but is there a chance that if she hasn't been Oracle in this timeline, that she might eventually become Oracle in the new timeline? They could retell that story in a new way, as comics are known to do (all the time)?
  • edited January 2013
    Saw Dark Knight Rises part 2 it was good but I still like the comic better.

It also had very little of Byron Brassballs

Byron_Brassballs.jpg
  • edited January 2013
    Just saw it too. My goodness was that fight between Bats and Supes awesome. Makes me wonder. I only know of two all out fights between these two and both that I know of happened outside of the standard DC continuity. Have they ever had it out in the regular continuity?
  • edited January 2013
    Does Hush count? That ended up as kind of a cop-out though.
    I know there was one before that too. I just don't remember where.
  • edited January 2013
    While on the one hand, I am glad that Barbara Gordon is finally on her feet as Batgirl again(seriously, if BRUCE can rehabilitate from having his back broken, why can he not help her?), I am disappointed that they've seemed to retcon her years as Oracle and also eliminate Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain's Batgirls.
    I pretty much hate this aspect of it entirely. The concept of making her Batgirl again just really stinks to me.
  • edited January 2013
    I pretty much hate this aspect of it entirely. The concept of making her Batgirl again just really stinks to me.

Might I ask why? If not for the entire stupid reboot, I would have no problem with her undergoing therapy and regaining the use of her legs and returning to crimefighting as Batgirl. If Batman can heal a broken spine, then why not Barbara as well? Not to mention how many times Charles Xavier recovered from similar injuries in the X-Men comics.
  • edited January 2013
    Not to mention how many times Charles Xavier recovered from similar injuries in the X-Men comics.

Was it something like this?
  • edited January 2013
    Might I ask why? If not for the entire stupid reboot, I would have no problem with her undergoing therapy and regaining the use of her legs and returning to crimefighting as Batgirl. If Batman can heal a broken spine, then why not Barbara as well? Not to mention how many times Charles Xavier recovered from similar injuries in the X-Men comics.

I've since read all current issues of A Death in the Family with Dashing, and I can pretty much confirm that Batgirl is awesome in every way because of her recovery. Her past, especially with Joker, has left scars on her, but not in the way you'd think. It's not a "oh no I'm traumatized help me please don't re-break my legs" way. It's an "I've been through hell and if you screw with me I will rip your teeth and gums out and and end your life in the most painful way I can think of" kind of way.

She's back, but she's meaner, and angrier, and it's wonderful.
  • edited January 2013
    While that's great and all, from what I understand, the new timeline has so many holes in it. Both seemingly eliminating Oracle and the other Batgirls and screwing up the timeframe for Batman himself. From what I was told, in the New 52, Bruce has only been Batman for 6 years, and in that time has gone through Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne as his Robins. Which makes no sense because Damian would be older than 6 years, and I doubt Bruce knew Talia before becoming Batman.
  • edited January 2013
    I'll be honest, I was kind of hoping they'd roll back to, at least, Tim. I understand they wanted to keep Red Robin around, but I just was never a Damian fan.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.