will jp be available at 12:00/ answer: NO. ;)

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
will jp be available at 12:00 on the 15

Comments

• edited November 2011
    :P am or pm
  • edited November 2011
    Telltale doesn't do midnight releases for a very simple reason: Nobody's in the office then. :p

It'll probably be released sometime during Telltale's office hours (I'm assuming they're the usual hours, 9 AM to 5 PM, PST of course). Though for what it's worth, Steam has the game unlocking at "approximately" midnight.
  • edited November 2011
    thats not fair that steam has a release time earlier than the publishers themselfs telltale this needs to be addressed! especially if people have bought the pre-order version it isnt fair on your customers? can a telltale employee confirm or deny this is happening?
  • edited November 2011
    No..the game will go live when the next buisness day starts.
  • edited November 2011
    spikesboy wrote: »
    thats not fair that steam has a release time earlier than the publishers themselfs telltale this needs to be addressed! especially if people have bought the pre-order version it isnt fair on your customers? can a telltale employee confirm or deny this is happening?

How awful that you'll have to wait several hours longer. :rolleyes:

Also, note that Steam says "approximately." They're estimating. For all we know it could unlock the same time as the Telltale Store version.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    No..the game will go live when the next buisness day starts.

so to clear some things up:

office hours at Telltale will be about
    PST (Pacific Standard Time) 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM
    CAN: British Columbia, Yukon, North-West Terretories
    US: California, Oregon, Nevada....

for every other major timezone this would mean:

CST (Central Standard Time): 11.00 AM - 7.00 PM
    CR: Isla Nublar

EST (Eastern Standard Time): 12.00 PM - 8.00 PM
    CAN: Ontario, Quebec...
    JAM
    CUB
    PAN
    US: Conneticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, Washington DC....

UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)/GMT: 5.00 PM - 1.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    POR
    IRE
    UK

CET (Central European Time): 6.00 PM - 2.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    AUT
    ESP
    FRA
    GER
    ITA
    POL
    CZK
    HUN

DTG (Delta): 9.00 PM - 5.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    ASE
    OMA
    RUS: Moscow, St. Petersburg...
    VAE

CNST (China Standard Time): Nov. 16th 1.00 AM - 9.00 AM
    AUS: Western Australia
    CHI
    MON
    THA
    VIE

JST (Japan/Korea Standard Time): Nov. 16th 2.00 AM - 10.00 AM
    JPN
    KP
    KR

AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time): Nov. 16th 3.00 AM - 11.00 AM
    AUS: Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria...
    RUS: Sacha, Amur...

didn't find your time zone and country? take a look here!
  • edited November 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)/GMT: 5.00 PM - 1.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    ESP
    POR
    IRE
    UK

CET (Central European Time): 6.00 PM - 2.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    AUT
    FRA
    GER
    ITA
    POL
    CZK
    HUN

Actually, Spain (ESP) uses the same time than France, Germany, Italy, etc...
  • edited November 2011
    Don't you mean 12 PM to 8 PM for EST?

But yeah, thanks for the time zone guide.
  • edited November 2011
    Actually, Spain (ESP) uses the same time than France, Germany, Italy, etc...

updated!

thanks for the info!
    Don't you mean 12 PM to 8 PM for EST?

updated!

thanks too!! :)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    kingjams1 wrote: »
    will jp be available at 12:00 on the 15

First, to answer the question: No.
    No midnight release and no fixed time of day for the release.

In most games, TTG was faster to release episodes than Steam was. If it's different this time, I'm OK with it. But I think it isn't yet set in stone.
  • edited November 2011
    Looks like Steam has revised their estimate for when it'll unlock. It now says "approximately 1 day and 5 hours." If that's correct, it'd come out at 2 PM EST (11 AM PST).

That's still just a guess which could very well be wrong, though.
  • edited November 2011
    The FB page countdown clock says 14 hrs 21 mins! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jurassic-Park-The-Game/118214891614565
  • edited November 2011
    that means till the 15th ... lol ..
  • edited November 2011
    Looks like Steam has revised their estimate for when it'll unlock. It now says "approximately 1 day and 5 hours." If that's correct, it'd come out at 2 PM EST (11 AM PST).

That's still just a guess which could very well be wrong, though.

^This sounds about right.....
  • edited November 2011
    Keep going, people; we haven't yet defined 'rabid fanbase'.
  • edited November 2011
    yea im guessing no midnight release.....
  • edited November 2011
    NOOOO!
    I have to wait until the 16th.
  • edited November 2011
    hopefully not as if your in the UK then PST is only -8hrs so your looking at about 5pm on the 15th here for download (thats if my calculations are correct!)
  • edited November 2011
    office hours at Telltale will be about
    PST (Pacific Standard Time) 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM
    CAN: British Columbia, Yukon, North-West Terretories
    US: California, Oregon, Nevada....

Office hours are usually 8am to 4pm. The commercial business hours are 9am to 5pm. Or are the people working in Telltale late risers?
  • edited November 2011
    2 more hours:)
    edited November 2011
    2 more hours:)

MlNlMUM.

caeska wrote: »
    Office hours are usually 8am to 4pm. The commercial business hours are 9am to 5pm. Or are the people working in Telltale late risers?

Can't say. All I know for sure is that Dan Connors is already awake. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    How Ironic, I'm in Mississippi, but I'm in Isla Nublar's Timezone, how 'bout that!
  • edited November 2011
    cant wait playing jpog till it is available to download, on my miniature laptop, playing jpog on the main computer, how awesome is waiting now lol, my fav
  • edited November 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    How Ironic, I'm in Mississippi, but I'm in Isla Nublar's Timezone, how 'bout that!

THAT's :D

actually being here in Austria (Central European Time), the game will be released from 6.00 PM (local time) on....

7.00 PM would be nice, because the system failure at Jurassic Park also took place right after 7.00 PM.
    So playing the first episode when it's evening and dark does fit quite well to the overall atmosphere :)
  • edited November 2011
    Well, it's already 7AM here in California, so between 2 and 10 hours. Who else is super excited?
    edited November 2011
    7.00 PM would be nice, because the system failure at Jurassic Park also took place right after 7.00 PM.

If they release at 7 PM PST, this forum will be pure CHAOS. Like, the apocalypse. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    you know i looked on google earth the only thing that looks close to isla sorna is hawaii, is there some sort of mod where you can find isla sorna or isla nublar? also there is an island that looks alot like isla nublar its near pureto rico, in that area some where
  • edited November 2011
    If they release at 7 PM PST, this forum will be pure CHAOS. Like, the apocalypse. ;)

S/he lives in Austria. 7PM his time would be, what, 11AM Telltale time?
  • edited November 2011
    S/he lives in Austria. 7PM his time would be, what, 11AM Telltale time?

i am actually a "he" :)
    and you got quite close: Austria is CET (Central European Time) which is PST (Pacific Standard Time) at Telltale's office + 9 hours :)
    it's already getting dark here ....
    edited November 2011
    Well, you know what happens if they'll release at 7 PM CET.
    We'll have a lot of very happy Europeans. ;)

I remember that they managed to give Austrians (and Germans for that matter) a prime time release quite often in the days of The Devil's Playhouse.
  • edited November 2011
    This is the longest 2 hours of my life over these past 6 months.....
  • edited November 2011

I remember that they managed to give Austrians (and Germans for that matter) a prime time release quite often in the days of The Devil's Playhouse.

you know bethesda, do they have a jurassic park licence?
  • edited November 2011
    you know bethesda, do they have a jurassic park licence?

No, Bethesda doesn't have the Jurassic Park license, Telltale does. Hence why they're the ones making this game. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Official steam page says approx. 3 hours, but the pre-ordering ends in 4 hours...

20111115-cnbtqmg3r5tph6jjdd4eaeda3h.jpg
  • edited November 2011

We are still in some favour of getting the game's audio translated into our mother tongue: German.

I guess this is simply because adventure games sell quite well in Germany (and maybe Austria too).
  • edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Official steam page says approx. 3 hours, but the pre-ordering ends in 4 hours...

20111115-cnbtqmg3r5tph6jjdd4eaeda3h.jpg

you know i might just be a game designer and get my own jurassic park licence so i can create my own jurassic park game and sell it in stores:D since how this is my senior year in high school i have to make a choice for my future fast;);)
  • edited November 2011

Ah, brings back the memories of "The City That Dares Not Sleep" waiting thread.....
  • edited November 2011
    Ah, brings back the memories of "The City That Dares Not Sleep" waiting thread.....

That was painful. It was the first game I had to wait for, too (I got all the other titles as sets after the whole game had been completed)
  • edited November 2011
    you know i might just be a game designer and get my own jurassic park licence so i can create my own jurassic park game and sell it in stores:D since how this is my senior year in high school i have to make a choice for my future fast;);)

Good luck with that.
  • edited November 2011
    That was painful. It was the first game I had to wait for, too (I got all the other titles as sets after the whole game had been completed)

Same here.

And I think it was Alan's first episode at Telltale, too! I can remember him being surprised that we'd discovered it was released before it was announced on the website that it had been. Even though we'd all been pressing F5 for 7 hours. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.