Telltale damages the JP jeep they borrowed

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
According to the neogaf/something aweful´s forums Telltale apperantly has borrowed the JP jeep, and the man that let Telltale borrow it are not to happy about it´s condition right now.

The link under sends you to neogaf forums with pictures before and after.
I respect you as game designers telltale but I am not lending you my car.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451954

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I really hope whoever screwed up owns up to it and fixes this.
  • edited November 2011
    My old Jeep in the garage has a bunch of scratches and bumps from when my dad used to ride up the hills of Lake Travis. Jeep's scratch easy, bet the driver really wanted to test the power of a Jeep.
  • edited November 2011
    Hmm...were the guests at PAX allowed to touch/ride the Jeep? Because there were tons of people messing around with the DeLorean when Telltale had that on display, and there was apparently no problem. Just seems a little strange to me.

Still, definitely sucks to be that guy. I hope he gets some kind of compensation.
  • edited November 2011
    It seems as though a lot of users on Reddit are up in arms over this; http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/mbydq/i_let_telltale_borrow_my_jurassic_park_jeep_and/ . Lots of people canceling pre-orders, choosing not to purchase the game, etc. I hope the Telltale gang does the right thing in all this. It sounds like the owner of the jeep was just lending it out of the kindness of his heart.
  • edited November 2011
    The Something Awful thread can be found here:
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449116

Stay classy, TellTale.
  • edited November 2011
    Saw the Reddit thread. I too will hold off buying the game until I see some resolution here. I mean, the guy clearly loves the JP franchise and is a fan of TellTale games. He basically did the company a favor and now, because they're a classic giant, uncaring company, they're saying go screw yourself.

Step up and show a fan a little love. Turn it into some good PR spin right as the release of the game comes out. Will be free publicity. C'mon TellTale do the right thing!
  • edited November 2011
    I wanted to get this game, but after hearing how they treated someone who lent them something in trust, I don't want to see how they treat customers. I will not be ordering this game.
  • edited November 2011
    (Merged here from another thread)

Come on, Telltale. You know what I'm talking about.

Apparently, this guy trusted his Jurassic Park replica Jeep to Telltale for them to show off during the promotion of the Jurassic Park game. He's now on the front page of Reddit lamenting the fact that his Jeep was damaged and that Telltale refused to pay for it. Why? Come on, he helped you out. He didn't have to let you borrow his Jeep. You're breaking his balls.

Here are some before/after photos:

Before:

(Link to large image)
    (Link to large image)

After:

gqadPl.jpg
    NWS7R.jpg
    NUAYB.jpg
    NxQK5.jpg

As you can see, the damage isn't the worst it could possibly be, but this guy used to own a pristine Jurassic Park Jeep and now he doesn't.

I feel like Telltale is being the "big corporation" here, and that doesn't seem like them at all. And not to use a cliché or sound threatening at all, but I'm sure the thousands of people who've seen this now probably don't have a very good opinion of Telltale now either. It'd be great to see this being addressed by someone here at the forums, and I'd hope I speak for everyone here when I say it'd be nice to see him reimbursed for his troubles and not given the cold shoulder.
  • edited November 2011
    They already wrecked the JP franchise with this awful interactive movie, why not wrecking a jeep too ?
  • edited November 2011
    Creepy story. Though, I am wondering why this story is made public just one day before the release. The PAX was held in the end of August. Even with transportation it could have been made public in mid september...

seems a bit suspect to me
  • edited November 2011
    Sucks. Hopefully Telltale can help this guy out.
  • edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Creepy story. Though, I am wondering why this story is made public just one day before the release. The PAX was held in the end of August. Even with transportation it could have been made public in mid september...

seems a bit suspect to me

From what the reddit thread says, the owner had been trying, for two months, to get some closure to this, with little or no help on the matter. It seems like bringing it to light on the internet is his last attempt, bringing to light the matter and airing telltale's 'dirty laundry.' Suffice to say, it seems to be working. People lending their support and showing their displeasure with their wallets. Of course, they may just be saying "I'll never purchase the game now!" We all know how internet boycotts tend to crumple in upon themselves.
  • edited November 2011
    The timing of this is suspicious to me what with the release of the game being tomorrow, yet PAX happened in August.

Also, the photos need resizing as they're messing up the thread size.
  • edited November 2011
    i dont care whats happening right now with this siuation all i know is i have been waiting an eternity for a jp game and tomorrow i get it so telltale u atleast have one customer. tanks telltale
  • edited November 2011
    I made this account specifically to post about this.

I am never going to buy anything from Tale Tale Games after hearing about this. Absolutely shameful.
  • edited November 2011
    Weird first this thread is deleted i get an explanation from the mod that I fully understand.
    And now it´s back up again ??
  • edited November 2011
    The timing of this is suspicious to me what with the release of the game being tomorrow, yet PAX happened in August.

Also, the photos need resizing as they're messing up the thread size.
    It happened in August, according to the guy. I'm not entirely sure why he's just posted about it on Reddit; it probably didn't occur to him before.

Also, here are some random comments from the Reddit thread that I came across:
    ResoL101 3 points 14 minutes ago
    Order:Cancelled. Time to go get a good book..any recommendations?
    AyeGee 1 point 13 minutes ago
    BOYCOTT!
    CastorTroyMX 1 point 8 minutes ago
    I was on the fence about buying the game, but definitely count me out. You got screwed, bro.
    ueoiai 1 point 6 minutes ago
    Screw everything about that. I am hence boycotting and officially retracting the recommendations I have given friends regarding TellTale games.
    johnjay 1 point 1 hour ago
    Sweet Jeep! I'll boycott the game till this is resolved.
    jutct 2 points 22 minutes ago
    Fuck that bullshit. I'm not buying any of their games, and I'll make sure my buddies don't, either.

If a cheque isn't already in the mail, then I'm not sure why not... it seems like they'll lose more money by NOT reimbursing him at this point.
  • edited November 2011
    WARP10CK wrote: »
    Weird first this thread is deleted i get an explanation from the mod that I fully understand.
    And now it´s back up again ??

I guess "the man" can't silence protest!
  • edited November 2011
    Make that two customers. I do hope telltale owns up and fixes this but I'm not buying all the outrage about this. Yes telltale us at fault but in the end stuff happens. If I were in Boomerjinks's shoes I'd br just as upset about it but I'm not gonna throw up my hands and say I'm not buying this game just because that happened.
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry but I'm still going to buy this game and every telltale game..... The guy has now got his publicity, telltale should pay for damages, end of story... But I'm still not losing out on playing this awesome game for someone else's Jeep. I admit it's completely selfish of me, but fuck it, I'll be punching raptors tomorrow
  • edited November 2011
    LOL if I was the guy lol I would take it to Judge Judy
  • edited November 2011
    There's a big difference between people saying they are boycotting and actually are.
  • edited November 2011
    I posted this becaues I thought it was interesting story I have preordered and I am still looking forward to playing the game, and this instant hate against Telltale is sad.
  • edited November 2011
    I posted this becaues I thought it was interesting story I have preordered and I am still looking forward to playing the game, and this instant hate against Telltale is sad.

Agreed 100%
  • edited November 2011
    I love internet hypocrisy instead of getting the full story since all they do is become the judge, jury, and executioner. We might as well be living with “Salem Witch Trials” from the fifteenth century. I want to see what tell-tale has to say before leaping to conclusions.

Oh, and look at the new posters who are saying they are canceling their game today; are probably from Reddit. Look at their joining date (Nov 2011). They probably never pre-ordered in the first place.
  • edited November 2011
    One word : Bullshit.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm still buying the game as well. This jeep incident is between the owner and TellTale, not us. Buy the game, enjoy the game and let them work it out themselves.
  • edited November 2011
    Dear TellTale,

I hope this is worth all the bad publicity. It will cost you more to deal with this than simply just paying for the damages that you are responsible for. You know you are wrong, and I for one, will NEVER ... and I mean NEVER buy anything, that has anything to do with your company ever again. No games, items, memoribilia, sound tracks, dvds, promotional items ... NOTHING.

I canceled my pre-order, I will not buy this game. I will not buy any other game you produce. I hope the world follows suit.

Looks like they are ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/mbydq/i_let_telltale_borrow_my_jurassic_park_jeep_and/

Welcome to the digital age you turds.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, haha I wouldn't cancel a preorder over this. Anyone who was really planning on buying the game wouldn't cancel either. These boycotters are full of it, HIGHLY doubt they were going to get the game in the first place.
  • edited November 2011
    Dear TellTale,

I hope this is worth all the bad publicity. It will cost you more to deal with this than simply just paying for the damages that you are responsible for. You know you are wrong, and I for one, will NEVER ... and I mean NEVER buy anything, that has anything to do with your company ever again. No games, items, memoribilia, sound tracks, dvds, promotional items ... NOTHING.

I canceled my pre-order, I will not buy this game. I will not buy any other game you produce. I hope the world follows suit.

Looks like they are ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/mbydq/i_let_telltale_borrow_my_jurassic_park_jeep_and/

Welcome to the digital age you turds.

Nice one bro, did you join just to say that? All that info was what we were just talking about, you just reposted it. Hope you get deleted.
  • edited November 2011

Agreed 100%

+1

WTF is up with all these first-time-posters and their fake pre-orders?
    I smell a sh*t-storm coming over Isla Nublar. Stop this, sigh.
  • edited November 2011
    Its very very suspect, the timing of this. And I'm pretty sure we've got one person joining to forum over and over and posting hate.
  • edited November 2011
    I do believe this guy should be paid for the damages to his car. I'm probably not going to lose sleep over this or cancel my preorder however.

It seems like the timing is just based on the fact that this guy feels it will make more of an impact a day before release. ALTHOUGH. I did hear something about this case a month or so ago..so this is nothing new.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Its very very suspect, the timing of this. And I'm pretty sure we've got one person joining to forum over and over and posting hate.

Proboly Hamza again.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »

You have no idea what you are dealing with. Thousands of people are joining not just one. Why? Because TellTale is screwing over a customer. If they are willing to screw over one, they are willing to screw them all.

TellTale should do what is right and stop being scumbags.

The way you speak to everyone and the way you are completely nonchalant about the entire things makes me think you work for them.
  • edited November 2011
    Also, if I had a JP jeep I wouldn't let ANYONE borrow it, no matter how much they bribed me! haha
  • edited November 2011
    It's too suspicious if you ask me. This could be anyone's Jeep, and why didn't this person joining the telltale forums when he got the Jeep back to complain. Telltale covered the event on video, and running a business of my own, you should photograph all equipment before and after rental. Not only that but telltale's insurance would easily cover damages, and the legal department would have been on this like a pack of wolves. I know mine would.

I think this could be an attempt to tarnish telltale's name. Either that or telltale's legal team are incompetent.
  • edited November 2011
    I saw a video on YouTube of the guy driving it into Pax so people where probably touching it.
  • edited November 2011
    Possibly. Its getting to ridiculous levels already. Yeah it sucks but its not really that big a deal and its really nobody's business but telltale's and the owner's. In the end I feel telltale will do the right thing and this will all be an afterthought. Til then, sit back and enjoy the ignorance that is the internet, folks!
  • edited November 2011
    I trust Telltale far more then I trust this guy. The whole story seems iffy, especially with the timing just before the game launch.

By the way, Kevin Bruner posted on the reddit thread (under the username 'kevbru') saying the guy didn't even try to contact him.
This discussion has been closed.