Telltale damages the JP jeep they borrowed

124»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    It seems like the car carrier company is at fault here, but situations like these are very difficult to resolve when nobody accepts the blame.
    It appears that the damage happened from a strap or chain that must have come loose on the trip to Seattle, and smacked the side of the car for 2,000 miles.

When the Jeep arrived, the TellTale employees were supposed to inspect the Jeep for damage before signing for it. Apparently they did not.

So clearly, Telltale didn't cause the damage. The vehicle should have been inspected before signing off for it but it's hardly justification for blaming Telltale for this when the car carrier is the incompetent moron in this instance.
    I certainly don't see the point of boycotting the game. Why should TTG admit to causing damages they apparently did not cause?
  • edited November 2011
    No double posting, guys, please.
  • edited November 2011
    Thank you guys for trying to keep rational discourse. I know people can get angry, but personal attacks does nobody any good.
  • edited November 2011
    Hell he came in with pitchforks and axes, let him have his dessert.

No that's not the way to do things...it's only going cause more trouble than it's actually worth and both parties will get screwed in the end.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    No that's not the way to do things...it's only going cause more trouble than it's actually worth and both parties will get screwed in the end.

I did say I will calm down.

Boy, I need something to shout at. Anyone got some good tips?
  • edited November 2011
    caeska wrote: »
    So clearly, Telltale didn't cause the damage. The vehicle should have been inspected before signing off for it but it's hardly justification for blaming Telltale for this when the car carrier is the incompetent moron in this instance.
    I certainly don't see the point of boycotting the game. Why should TTG admit to causing damages they apparently did not cause?

He contends that Telltale signed that the car was ok when it was not, so TTG basically absolved the car carrier of all responsibility.

So it kinda becomes their responsibility if his statement is true.
  • edited November 2011
    I hope you go bankrupt, the tow company screwed up the jeep, not Telltale. This is currently being settled, wishing for a company to fall is sick. You're a horrible person in life.

The verbal contract was for the jeep to be shipped in an enclosed trailer. It was not and now TTG is beating around the bush for the cost of repairs. Who is horrible ? TTG in my opinion.
  • edited November 2011
    He contends that Telltale signed that the car was ok when it was not, so TTG basically absolved the car carrier of all responsibility.

So it kinda becomes their responsibility if his statement is true.

Not at all, sure they signed the car off in good condition, but there is another condition. Perfect. TellTale, all ya need to do is contact this guy and work something out. Pay plan, money, bucket of bombs, anything. We don't need ya'll to lose your reputation.
  • edited November 2011
    "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SCRATCHED THIS GUY'S JEEP EVERYBODY AT TELLTALE IS A HORRIBLE BABY-EATING MONSTER I'M NEVER GOING TO BUY THEIR GAMES AND THEN THEY'LL GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND THEM AND ALL THEIR FAMILIES WILL BECOME HOMELESS AND STARVE TO DEATH."

Jesus, and you Redditors brag about being more relaxed than 4chan. Let's go over some stuff.

Did Telltale make a mistake? Yes.
    Should the Jeep owner be compensated? Yes.

Does the Jeep being damaged concern you directly? No.
    Does it affect the quality of the game at all? No.
    Was every single person at Telltale, from the CEO to the guy who restocks the vending machine, conspiring to screw this guy over? No. My guess is it's all the legal department and absolutely nobody involved with actual game design.
    Is it possible that this whole thing is a giant misunderstanding? Yes.

I'm not trying to say that this isn't a big deal, but it's definitely not as big a deal as people think. You can be upset, but don't act like Telltale's the devil and don't wish for people's hard work to crumble to pieces.

(P.S.: Rage comics aren't funny.)
  • edited November 2011
    r00t4rd3d wrote: »
    The verbal contract was for the jeep to be shipped in an enclosed trailer. It was not and now TTG is beating around the bush for the cost of repairs. Who is horrible ? TTG in my opinion.

Or maybe the tow company, derp derp derp.

Either way, TTG is not at fault unless they don't pay. They have a deadline. Once the game released, then they can work things out.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not trying to say that this isn't a big deal, but it's definitely not as big a deal as people think. You can be upset, but don't act like Telltale's the devil and don't wish for people's hard work to crumble to pieces.

This is fully the case, thank you for putting it so astutely.
  • edited November 2011
    Wow. Sadly im getting the game for free because im ps plus user. I love the Jp franchise. I am looking forward to the game but for only 2000 $ damage that was their fault, they are letting this bad publicty continue? The Hardcore jp community who are the majority ofnthe people who are going to buy the game are very active on jp message boards other then here. Telltale needs to pay for repairs then if there was insurance like they said there would be then telltale needs to try to retrive the money from the insurance not the owner. When a contract is made like this the law is that the item needs to return in the relitive condition when it was loaned. A civial case thll win for the owner, because once again its telltales responibity to make sure the car is returned undamaged, and if its damaged they pay the owner then then telltale trys to get money from the insurance or suenthe insurance. For them to say its not our problem is ridicula and illegal. The legal department obviously is run by the kids of the lawyer got eaten by thetrex. If telltale doesnt do what i said imediatly then in civial lawsuit they will be liable for the damages, court fees, lawyer fees, ccompensation for any work/money lost for events lke pax. I. The end that 2000 bill will be 10000$ bill ot to mentio. Te bad publicity. I sugest going to the media with this, they. Love drama like thiss especially when the people liable are releasing products like the jp game. Contact cnn at the very least there wi ll be an article on ther website.

By tahe way if they dont pay then sue for lost work even if its a lie they could never prove otherwise thus xue for the max small claims $ which is 10000-20000 depending where you live, its a 100 % win. Telltale you guys are disgusting for not owning up and for not following the law in these situations.
  • edited November 2011
    I have a feeling JP: The Game could get poor reviews because of this, it's sad really. All that hard work crumbles after someone had to ruin this guys car.
  • edited November 2011
    IF this is true (and who knows, really, whether or not it is, at this point?) then it's a disappointment and hopefully they'll make it right.

But I'm still going to play Jurassic Park: The Game and I look forward to tomorrow and receiving my deluxe edition material in the mail, and I still love Telltale.
  • edited November 2011
    You gotta be kidding me this is all the fuss is about?

Any Good qualified expert in cars or auto-repair can have those extremly minor damages fixed with the car looking back in pristine condition.

People are blowing this thread outta proportion like the car was demolished or someone got killed,chill people take a drink and chillllllllllll...like iceman.

Of course with all respect as long as the damages get paid everything should be fine.
  • edited November 2011
    I dont see why this has gone on so long though. Get a estimate to repair the damage, TTG cuts a check. End of story. They could have killed this months ago.

Can someone from TTG explain why this is not the case ? Why it has come to this point ?
  • edited November 2011
    Why are we still arguing about this?
  • edited November 2011
    mrGREEK360 wrote: »
    Wow. Sadly im getting the game for free because im ps plus user. I love the Jp franchise. I am looking forward to the game but for only 2000 $ damage that was their fault, they are letting this bad publicty continue? The Hardcore jp community who are the majority ofnthe people who are going to buy the game are very active on jp message boards other then here. Telltale needs to pay for repairs then if there was insurance like they said there would be then telltale needs to try to retrive the money from the insurance not the owner. When a contract is made like this the law is that the item needs to return in the relitive condition when it was loaned. A civial case thll win for the owner, because once again its telltales responibity to make sure the car is returned undamaged, and if its damaged they pay the owner then then telltale trys to get money from the insurance or suenthe insurance. For them to say its not our problem is ridicula and illegal. The legal department obviously is run by the kids of the lawyer got eaten by thetrex. If telltale doesnt do what i said imediatly then in civial lawsuit they will be liable for the damages, court fees, lawyer fees, ccompensation for any work/money lost for events lke pax. I. The end that 2000 bill will be 10000$ bill ot to mentio. Te bad publicity. I sugest going to the media with this, they. Love drama like thiss especially when the people liable are releasing products like the jp game. Contact cnn at the very least there wi ll be an article on ther website.

By tahe way if they dont pay then sue for lost work even if its a lie they could never prove otherwise thus xue for the max small claims $ which is 10000-20000 depending where you live, its a 100 % win. Telltale you guys are disgusting for not owning up and for not following the law in these situations.
    Read caeska's post, Telltale didn't cause the damage, the car carrier did, therefore they don't really have to pay anything.
  • edited November 2011
    Read caeska's post, Telltale didn't cause the damage, the car carrier did, therefore they don't really have to pay anything.

They do have to pay something, I don't know how much. That is if this goes to the legal team.

Now let me straighten things up,

Is Telltale REALLY at fault? Slightly

Should the game be at risk? No

Should everyone at Telltale that isn't part of this need to be insulted and told they should never get money again? No

If Gabe from Valve drove this Jeep and crashed it, would his whole team need to be insulted, told they should die, call Valve a horrible company that needs to lose profit from a bunch of redditors? Fucking NO

Should we be concerned? No

Should Reddit be concerned? No

Should the owner of the Jeep be concerned? Yes

Should the Legal team at Telltale be concerned? Yes

Should the CEO of Telltale be concerned? Probably

Are we the legal team? No

Are we the CEO? No

Then why are we caring this much? Because we wanna make this a big deal, I had my dad look at the photos and he says that this isn't a big deal. That the owner of the Jeep is making this look like somebody at Telltale was drunk and banged the car up. This is all a big mistake that will be resolved in the days ahead. Now sit back and enjoy the game when it comes out!
  • edited November 2011
    to get a bit off topic here, and to make something constructive (finally)...Telltale, can u tell us when new merchandise will come to the store...I am dying to see T shirts :)
  • edited November 2011
    Then why are we caring this much? Because we wanna make this a big deal, I had my dad look at the photos and he says that this isn't a big deal. That the owner of the Jeep is making this look like somebody at Telltale was drunk and banged the car up. This is all a big mistake that will be resolved in the days ahead. Now sit back and enjoy the game when it comes out!

Well if that is what YOUR DAD said who are we to argue.

Actually wait a minute ... first of all ... the owner of the jeep didn't say anything about anyone from TellTale being drunk and/or banging up the Jeep. He was clear and concise about what DID happen ... and whose fault it was, and how TellTale rather than resolve the issue has decided to ignore him and blame others and basically say "not our problem" in a manner of speaking.

So. That said I would suggest that your dad is not an expert on these matters. Also he may want to learn how to read things before passing such outlandish conclusions.

p.s. is your dad's name Matlock?
  • edited November 2011
    *shrugs* Leave it to the lawyers, it's the american way :)
    Personally, I think making the matter public is childish and the immature way to handle things. TattleTellTaling? I do, however, agree that people should pay for damages they caused. So if it's true, nobody has handled this properly and whatever the outcome, this person didn't take the proper course of action regardless. This matter will not affect my personal opinion of products presented(are the programmers, artists, etc responsible? no), it just makes me shake my head at the whole thing.
  • edited November 2011
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/mceic/about_that_jurassic_park_jeep/

This is our official comment on the matter, from Kevin Bruner.

Thanks to most of you for keeping this thread civil.

-Michael
  • edited November 2011
    Here is Kevins Bruner response now can we all get along ??

Hello Reddit,

Kevin Bruner from Telltale here. Today there has been quite the buzz about how Telltale reportedly damaged the Jurassic Park Jeep lent to us at PAX. Telltale has in fact been in regular contact with the owner of the Jeep and the last we heard, he was in the process of completing an insurance claim.

The Jeep was damaged on the way to Seattle, before anyone from Telltale every saw or touched it. Telltale used the shipping company that the owner asked us to use. When it arrived we just saw an awesome, well loved, but also well used, Jeep. We had no way of knowing that anything had happened to the Jeep in transport, as it appeared in reasonable condition. Anyone who came by the show and took a picture with the Jeep can attest that the Jeep looked pretty damn cool, and not obviously damaged.

The fact that the Jeep was damaged before we had access to it, and some dispute over the amount of damage caused in transport vs. existing damage has complicated the claim, which has made the process take a long time.

But, today I wake up to find that there is a campaign the day before our game launch to discredit Telltale. Since Telltale didn't actually do anything negligent, we've been using the insurance we purchased to cover this, but it has been time consuming. Apparently too time consuming. To expedite this, I'll be writing a personal check to cover what we understand the damages to be - this way we won't need to hash this out publicly any longer.

Some people seem to think that Telltale has grown into some giant corporation that doesn't care about people anymore. Nothing could be further from the truth. We started the company to make games that are about writing, acting and atmosphere and not about blowing shit up. Since we've gone out on this limb, we've had some successes (and failures) and earned the chance to work with great licenses like Monkey Island, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and Walking Dead. All of our games are super faithful to the licenses, and lovingly crafted to make the best fan experience possible. Fans seem to enjoy them, which makes us super proud. We hate that most licensed games are a driver or a shooter with a license slapped on it, which we've never been about.

So I'll fast track getting the Jeep fixed by paying for it personally, even though I don't like the circumstances this is going down in. Perhaps some of you who are hating on Telltale might be inclined to check out Jurassic Park tomorrow and give us a chance to change your mind. is enough
  • edited November 2011
    So you guys were trying to resolve this all along? Also, turns out this Boomerjinks guy was sick of waiting for the insurance claim to be completed and decided to be a dick to telltale.
  • edited November 2011
    Well if that is what YOUR DAD said who are we to argue.

Actually wait a minute ... first of all ... the owner of the jeep didn't say anything about anyone from TellTale being drunk and/or banging up the Jeep. He was clear and concise about what DID happen ... and whose fault it was, and how TellTale rather than resolve the issue has decided to ignore him and blame others and basically say "not our problem" in a manner of speaking.

So. That said I would suggest that your dad is not an expert on these matters. Also he may want to learn how to read things before passing such outlandish conclusions.

p.s. is your dad's name Matlock?

Heh, he works for a car dealership. Most cars he get come with scratches and bangs since they ship from Japan.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh wait that guy is just another idiot sent to flame Telltale, hmph.
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    *shrugs* Leave it to the lawyers, it's the american way :)
    Personally, I think making the matter public is childish and the immature way to handle things. TattleTellTaling? I do, however, agree that people should pay for damages they caused. So if it's true, nobody has handled this properly and whatever the outcome, this person didn't take the proper course of action regardless. This matter will not affect my personal opinion of products presented(are the programmers, artists, etc responsible? no), it just makes me shake my head at the whole thing.

While it is childish, but if after 2-3 months and he keeps getting dicked around or hasn't recievec compensation, then this is the best way to do it. However, it is nice to see TellTale pay him now that it's settled.
  • edited November 2011
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    While it is childish, but if after 2-3 months and he keeps getting dicked around or hasn't recievec compensation, then this is the best way to do it. However, it is nice to see TellTale pay him now that it's settled.

If you read what Kevin said, he tried to get the insurance to pay him, but it never happened. So he just payed him directly to end it.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm thinking this is over...that we need to lock this thread.
  • edited November 2011
    If you read what Kevin said, he tried to get the insurance to pay him, but it never happened. So he just payed him directly to end it.

Which is why I said if he feels like. Perhaps he could've felt like TellTale was just really giving him the run around. Things like that happen often.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I'm thinking this is over...that we need to lock this thread.

That'd be for the best. Just put all this behind us.

On the bright side, this definitely drummed up a whole lot more attention to the JP game. No such thing as bad publicity. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    It's perfect time to end thread, so much bitching and arguing, all is settled.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, lock this thread already!
  • edited November 2011
    I think a little while longer so a lot of the haters can read the response.
  • edited November 2011
    So this is how TellTale celebrates their midnight launch. With bad publicity that will maybe turn into good publicity, that has caused A LOT of attention to spawn onto this forum that has ever existed. lol.

Maybe Jurassic Park will make millions and then they can make a sequel to stuff in Lost World. I'd buy it. :l
  • edited November 2011
    as long as they steer far away from the film The Lost World, I'm for it.
  • edited November 2011
    Laphin wrote: »
    So this is how TellTale celebrates their midnight launch. With bad publicity that will maybe turn into good publicity, that has caused A LOT of attention to spawn onto this forum that has ever existed. lol.

Maybe Jurassic Park will make millions and then they can make a sequel to stuff in Lost World. I'd buy it. :l

You think this is a publicity stunt? Please go back to Reddit, Kevin explained himself. Don't you think thats enough?

END THE THREAD
This discussion has been closed.