Telltale damages the JP jeep they borrowed

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Honestly, I can't see it being a "made up" story just to incite a mass boycott, but I think everyone needs to keep a level head.

Firstly, to the boycotters, don't write off the possibility that this was all down to misunderstanding. And even if that wasn't the case, it's not like Telltale took a staff vote of "should we fuck this guy over?" and it came up with a resounding "yes". If this is down to someone being a dick, it's more than likely just one, perhaps two, people. The months of hard work by the team that worked on this game should not be boycotted because of the bad actions of one or two individuals. For all you know, the majority of Telltale staff could agree with you. If this is the case, they probably aren't going to risk their jobs by being outspoken about it.

Secondly, to everyone else, just because we agree that the boycott is wrong doesn't make it impertinent. This is still a matter that demands attention; if a large number of sales are lost over this, then that's a bad thing for Telltale, which means it's a bad thing for the fans. I don't think that this issue should be buried or left unaddressed. I don't agree with the cause, but neither do I agree with being unappreciative of the consequences.
  • edited November 2011
    He probably hates reboots, remember what happened when Skylanders was announced? Tons of butthurt Spyro fans sent death threats to activision to prevent its release

So planed to lend TTG a Jeep just to then damaged it and ruin there game?
  • edited November 2011
    He probably hates reboots, remember what happened when Skylanders was announced? Tons of butthurt Spyro fans sent death threats to activision to prevent its release

Wait... a man who made his own replica of of a Jurassic Park jeep... and lent it to Telltale for the upcoming game... hates the reboot of a Jurassic Park game? Are you saying that this was an elaborate plan of his to lend his car, damage it himself, then whip up some sympathy on the internet in order to hurt the sales of a game? Seems a stretch.
  • edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »

TellTale isn't gaining anything from this. They are taking a huge hit on PR.
  • edited November 2011
    The reason it was turned public was because the owner wasn't getting an cooperation with Telltale and felt like he wanted the injustice against him to be known. If I was in a similar situation I would want everyone to know how poorly I've been treated by a company I was kind enough to help.
  • edited November 2011
    Emberage wrote: »
    Wait... a man who made his own replica of of a Jurassic Park jeep... and lent it to Telltale for the upcoming game... hates the reboot of a Jurassic Park game? Are you saying that this was an elaborate plan of his to lend his car, damage it himself, then whip up some sympathy on the internet in order to hurt the sales of a game? Seems a stretch.

David Xanatos would be proud of that plan!
  • edited November 2011
    I still have the free game coupon! I can boycott and still play the game! MUahahahhaha
  • edited November 2011
    TellTale should just be a respectable company enough to reimburse this guy for that trouble. They are losing more money in their sales from customers knowing the base fact that they are so shady about handling this matter.

This is terrible, right upon their release date too. I love Jurassic Park, but this incident alone is enough to ruin the entire thing they were trying to achieve at PAX, marketing the game.

Telltale, bad move. And from a business stand point, making your customers happy is what earns you money. It doesn't matter how skillful yer art designers are. It doesn't matter how great yer game designers, storyboard directors are... if you don't have the revenue to pay those people i.e. your customers... yer fans.. you fail.. and yer business will falter albeit slightly.

You think this little jeep incident will slide on by if you ignore the guy and go about it in the BULLYistic legal and business fashion, but it will do nothing but backfire on you and blow up in the company's face.

This is embarassing... pay the guy 2,000 and be done with it. 2,000 is nothing in comparison to the sales you could potentially lose all together, and even more if he decides to sue you.
  • edited November 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    I still have the free game coupon! I can boycott and still play the game! MUahahahhaha

I don't think you understand the spirit of boycotting.
  • edited November 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »

lol :eek:
  • edited November 2011
    35aj2g.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    To lighten the mood. This is what really happened after the claim

Head of telltale: Dennis. Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers? That Jeep was supposed to go back in once piece!
    Dennis: I am totally unappreciated in my time! We can run the whole forum from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines, de-bug two million lines of code, and deal with getting a Jeep for our promotions for what I bid this job? 'Cause if they can, I'd like to see them try!
    Head of telltale: I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am. But they are your problems.
    Dennis: You're right, John. You're absolutely right. Everything's my problem.
    Head of telltale: You destroyed the Jeep! AND I will not get drawn into another financial "debate" with you, Dennis. I really will not.
    Dennis: There's been hardly any debate at all.
    Head of telltale: I don't blame people for their mistakes- but I do ask that they pay for them.
    Dennis: Thanks, Dad.
  • edited November 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    to lighten the mood. This is what really happened after the claim

head of telltale: Dennis. Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers? That jeep was supposed to go back in once piece!
    Dennis: I am totally unappreciated in my time! We can run the whole forum from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight connection machines, de-bug two million lines of code, and deal with getting a jeep for our promotions for what i bid this job? 'cause if they can, i'd like to see them try!
    Head of telltale: I'm sorry about your financial problems, dennis, i really am. But they are your problems.
    Dennis: You're right, john. You're absolutely right. Everything's my problem.
    Head of telltale: You destroyed the jeep! And i will not get drawn into another financial "debate" with you, dennis. I really will not.
    Head of telltale: I don't blame people for their mistakes- but i do ask that they pay for them.
    Dennis: Thanks, dad.

rofl
  • edited November 2011
    I have to say I rarely believe anything on the internet if there is just one source of information. Then you have the timing of it all. Colour me doubtful. I'm not saying that the Jeep didn't get accidentally damaged or anything, I'm just feeling that we're not getting the whole story here.
  • edited November 2011
    TellTale needs to have some kind of response soon or this is just going to keep escalating.
  • edited November 2011
    FixTheJeep wrote: »
    TellTale needs to have some kind of response soon or this is just going to keep escalating.

I hope it does this threads fun.
  • edited November 2011
    COnnT.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    The world's most interesting Hammond.
  • edited November 2011
    well

Should this turns out to be true - and from the evidence, t'would appear so - then I would be rather disappointed with ttg and would have to reconsider future purchases.

Obviously I await ttg's explanation, but if true....just pay the man.
  • edited November 2011
    I've found the perfect solution. If telltale not only compensate the guy, but feed their lawyer to a T-Rex while they're sitting on the toilet, will everything blow over?
  • edited November 2011
    Just a silly question regarding the jeep situation: the Reddit post was created 5 hours ago. There have been numerous emails, tweets, and forum posts informing TTG about the situation. Employees from TTG have posted on Reddit saying they are aware of the situation. I understand there are 2 sides to a story, but then why be so lackadaisical about responding? Clearly the PR manager has time to discuss Super Mario Land 3D.

From @TheAlanJohnson's Twitter:
    Started playing Super Mario 3D Land this weekend and am loving it! Perfect balance of 3D and side-scrolling. What's everyone else think?
  • edited November 2011
    cantal wrote: »
    Just a silly question regarding the jeep situation: the Reddit post was created 5 hours ago. There have been numerous emails, tweets, and forum posts informing TTG about the situation. Employees from TTG have posted on Reddit saying they are aware of the situation. I understand there are 2 sides to a story, but then why be so lackadaisical about responding? Clearly the PR manager has time to discuss Super Mario Land 3D.

From @TheAlanJohnson's Twitter:
    Started playing Super Mario 3D Land this weekend and am loving it! Perfect balance of 3D and side-scrolling. What's everyone else think?

Super Mario 3D?! Awesome!:eek:
  • edited November 2011
    I've found the perfect solution. If telltale not only compensate the guy, but feed their lawyer to a T-Rex while they're sitting on the toilet, will everything blow over?

That lawyer was the smartest guy in the film

just not

the luckiest
  • edited November 2011
    Super Mario 3d is serious business!
  • edited November 2011
    What a scumbag company. Who borrows someones Jeep then just doesnt give a crap on how its treated or damages done to it.

My kids will not be getting any TellTale games, ever.

I hope your company fails.
  • edited November 2011
    Again... this is a forum for discussion, not mudslinging. Opinions are welcome ON BOTH SIDES, insults are not tolerated. Thank you.
  • edited November 2011
    r00t4rd3d wrote: »
    What a scumbag company. Who borrows someones Jeep then just doesnt give a crap on how its treated or damages done to it.

I like how people call telltale a scumbag company when they don't pay someone damages. But wont boycott companies like Nike who are associated with sweatshops and child labour. Want to make a real difference? Don't buy your kids Nike trainers or buy Coca-Cola.

Also I think the bigger crime is Activision for making Modern Warfare 3.
  • edited November 2011
    To lighten the mood. This is what really happened after the claim

Head of telltale: Dennis. Our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers? That Jeep was supposed to go back in once piece!
    Dennis: I am totally unappreciated in my time! We can run the whole forum from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines, de-bug two million lines of code, and deal with getting a Jeep for our promotions for what I bid this job? 'Cause if they can, I'd like to see them try!
    Head of telltale: I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am. But they are your problems.
    Dennis: You're right, John. You're absolutely right. Everything's my problem.
    Head of telltale: You destroyed the Jeep! AND I will not get drawn into another financial "debate" with you, Dennis. I really will not.
    Head of telltale: I don't blame people for their mistakes- but I do ask that they pay for them.
    Dennis: Thanks, Dad.

Rage Nerd: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!! Now I want to buy the game again. :L"
  • edited November 2011

Dear lord... I realize that the internet is a land of black and white with no in between, and that includes the passion of its denizens, but that's melodramatic. This isn't a huge conspiracy, an order from the top down to sweep the wrongdoings under the rug. It's a mistake from the legal department, and with the rest of the company busy with its games in crunch time, there's nobody else to handle it. It should've been dealt with earlier, yes, but I have faith that, with this news traipsing about the internet, that Telltale will make the correct decision and pay for the damages. In the end, a 2,000 dollar bill is cheaper than angry customers.

All this enough reasoning for hoping their entire company, their livelihood, fails? I hope not.
  • edited November 2011
    You do know Telltale had the car SHIPPED to Seattle by a TRAILER. No fucking shit it's gonna get damaged.
  • edited November 2011

I hope you go bankrupt, the tow company screwed up the jeep, not Telltale. This is currently being settled, wishing for a company to fall is sick. You're a horrible person in life.
  • edited November 2011
    Repeating what I said earlier: no personal insults.
  • edited November 2011
    This again is a one sided story, too many questions are left open. He could have stopped everything with the whole non-enclosed vehicle carrier. I don’t buy the whole passive aggressive thing about him not wanting to be a “prick.” I mean was there a contract drawn up before hand about what needed to be done? Did he except money way before or after the agreement? What was in the written contract, and did he sign off on it instead of reading it?

Why does he not have a lawyer? Instead he chooses the internet as a tool. You do realize when you do this you can be counter sued for defamation if the claim is false.
  • edited November 2011
    I hope you go bankrupt, the tow company screwed up the jeep, not Telltale. This is currently being settled, wishing for a company to fall is sick. You're a horrible person in life.

And hoping someone goes bankrupt makes you any better?
  • edited November 2011
    FixTheJeep wrote: »

What, you will make more alts flaming the forum? I'll laugh. Go back to reddit and read the post again you... you...

Fuck it, not risking my account on some kid.
  • edited November 2011
    Guys can we all act like adults here please. No flaming or anything I understand you are upset, I am too. But we need to keep things at an adult level here.
  • edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    And hoping someone goes bankrupt makes you any better?

Hell he came in with pitchforks and axes, let him have his dessert.
  • edited November 2011
    Calm down everyone, let's all focus our anger on something more constructive, like hating George Lucas, there he is, get him!
  • edited November 2011
    Fine, I'll calm down. It's just people get me angry very fast.
This discussion has been closed.