MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

edited December 2012 in Game Support
Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    UPDATE - Second attempt at downloading from inside the game and it dropped out again, this time at 68%. I see others are having this issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
  • edited June 2012
    Further update - this download stopped at 64%......come on guys, super frustrating
  • edited June 2012
    Im going to crate a new thread for the download issues as the information above is correct, just doesn't download. This information may still help but takes it off topic.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm having a different issue with MAC. I downloaded episode 2 and when I clicked play, the game froze. Now when I try to start the game up, I get stuck on the "click to start screen". When I click it says connecting, then it just stays on the title screen.....anyone else having this problem??
  • edited June 2012
    Can you Command-Q out of it???
  • edited June 2012
    yeah
  • edited June 2012
    same problem after restarting?
  • edited June 2012
    Tried everything, restarting, re-installing it...this blows
  • edited June 2012
    Ah finally got it working. If this happens to you after you install ep 2, just be patient it just takes a while to open....i guess
  • edited June 2012
    Nice to see they spent all that time working out the bugs...
  • edited June 2012
    kromnal wrote: »
    Nice to see they spent all that time working out the bugs...

Exactly!

Crashed twice at 70% and having to start back from 0 is ridiculous.

This whole game experience has been an absolute joke.
  • edited June 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    Exactly!

Crashed twice at 70% and having to start back from 0 is ridiculous.

This whole game experience has been an absolute joke.

It would be nice to recall where you were up to in your download, I'm on my fifth attempt now, all crashed between 60 & 75%
  • edited June 2012
    It would be nice to recall where you were up to in your download, I'm on my fifth attempt now, all crashed between 60 & 75%

All 3 of my attempts crashed at 70%. Not bothering again till they have a fix.

So sick of Telltale's disorganization and lack of accountability to its consumers.
  • edited June 2012
    Fifth time just died again, I'm wondering if its because Im in Australia and its peak time in the US. Anyway Im sick of the drama and have spent 5 hours this morning trying to make it work. Maybe I'll try when the USA goes to sleep.
  • edited June 2012
    Fifth time just died again, I'm wondering if its because Im in Australia and its peak time in the US. Anyway Im sick of the drama and have spent 5 hours this morning trying to make it work. Maybe I'll try when the USA goes to sleep.

Yeah I'm also based in Australia.

Wait almost 3 months for a game and then they pull this garbage. I really want a refund from telltale, I spend more time checking their website to see if the new episode has been released than I do actually playing the game.
  • edited June 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    I spend more time checking their website to see if the new episode has been released than I do actually playing the game.

Never truer words spoken (or typed)
  • edited June 2012
    That was the last telltale game for me. No release information (an email would be nice), the download situation is a bad joke, no support from telltale and bugs are everywhere in the game.

Worst indie Game Developer ever! And I idiot payed for the seasonpass.
  • edited June 2012
    Three attempts to download it so far. Super slow. Farthest I got was 27% before I supposedly lost the connection for a second, enough to have to start all over.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm also having DL troubles. I've restarted the download about 10 times now and never get beyond 79-80%.

This feels almost like the troubles I had with the Star Wars: Old Republic.
    They also did not know how to continue from the point where the DL went bad, meaning you had to keep starting over and over when patching the game.

The only company that has nailed this is Blizzard.

Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to keep trying to DL, sigh...

Great game, but not so great technology it seems :(
  • edited June 2012
    Hmm. Two more attempts, both again stopped at 27%. Everyone else seems to get as far as 79-80%. Weird. In the end it's the same difference - useless is useless.
  • edited June 2012
    I get stuck at 41% every time. Guess the servers are under heavy load. Ill try again on Monday or something
  • I've tried downloading it like seven times now and it either tells me my internet connection is gone or just shuts down, always at 81%, what issss thissssssss.
  • edited June 2012
    Ok, I'm going to try it for a 344th time now. If it doesn't at least go beyond 27% I'll go outside, start screaming at the top of my lungs, tear my clothes off and run around like a maniac until I get hit by a car.
  • edited June 2012
    I too get Connection Lost. Tried over Wifi and Ethernet. Same issue...Telltale is up there with EA as the worst video games companies around. They take forever to release episode 2 and now I cant even play it. I will never buy a Telltale game again!
  • edited June 2012
    What if you didn't get it from the telltalegames website so you can't download the 550 mb file?

Edit: I got it from macgamestore.com. Episode 2 says it's already installed, but when I click "play", it just shows me a black screen with no sound or cursor for a long time and eventually crashes.

Thanks
  • edited June 2012
    Really!!!

Not working for me either! Is there a fix?

Dom
  • edited June 2012
    this is getting absurd.. first no update on release date and late..

then it kept stuck at downloading progress..

my 1st and 2nd download attempt stopped at 13%, 3rd one stopped at 70%

i am super frustrated now..

furthermore you can't do anything while downloading.. even more frustrated for me!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    BooNMiNG, before you try the next time, go into your settings and turn off full screen. That way you can still do stuff while it doesn't download.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2012
    BooNMiNG, before you try the next time, go into your settings and turn off full screen. That way you can still do stuff while it doesn't download.
    Alternatively, you can use command-f to toggle full screen on or off once you've launched the game.
  • edited June 2012
    The 13th time was unlucky....and only made it to 65%. Now it crashes on attempting to restart the download. I think the weekend is gone....damn Friday releases....
  • edited June 2012
    yeah but what about the fix?
  • edited June 2012
    i now have 3 different installs on my computer, just to get to the game screen. And hours wasted trying to download the second episode crashing between 68 and 80% everytime.. might try again in 3 months or when the hatred diffuses
  • edited June 2012
    Tried 8 times now. No luck. If this isn't fixed tomorrow, I want a full refund.
  • edited June 2012
    Day 2 of the download never going beyond 27%. I'm beginning to suspect the game isn't really out yet on MAC and this is a farce to create the illusion that it actually is.
  • I just wonder why it says that it's available for mac now on the site. Does it work for some people or didn't they check before they put that up there?
  • edited June 2012
    OK, I made a test. I started a big download of something else.
    At the same time I started downloading WD episode 2. As always, WD episode 2 stopped at 27% claiming my internet connection must be at fault. Interestingly enough the other download proceeded without interruption, miraculously ignoring that it had temporarily lost the connection to the Internet. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
  • edited July 2012
    I sure hope they enjoyed their weekend off work....I sure didn't enjoy my weekend wasted trying to install episode 2 with no luck.
  • edited July 2012
    For any of you having download issues, is the game losing focus at any point during the download? Also, roughly how long is it taking before the download fails?
  • edited July 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    For any of you having download issues, is the game losing focus at any point during the download? Also, roughly how long is it taking before the download fails?
    my issues have been that the game is VERRRRYYYY slow to start downloading then it trickles along for about an hour or so sometimes less then at 27% or 3% or 85% it will say internet connection lost it has been this way since friday no change just loses the connection at different percentages
    also on the STEAM version of TWD episode 1 works but when I try to start ep 2 I get a black screen and nothing else I attempted on both sites TT and STEAM to uninstall reinstall deleted saved games then played through ep 1 hoping it would trigger a response to somehow get ep 2 to work but nothing has helped me I really love this game and I really want to play ep 2
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!:(
  • edited July 2012
    I am attempting to download episode 2 on an iMac.
    It is taking about twenty minutes and it gets to about 84% to 87% then I get the connection error. And like others, I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with my internet connection...I just downloaded Left 4 Dead 2 on steam with no problems. I bought the season pass from your website though or else I would have just tried steam. Also I am not taking focus away from the game at any point during the download attempt.
This discussion has been closed.