MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

Comments

• edited July 2012
    yeah its pretty bad .... the only way I found out about the connection solution for me was that I had my laptop at my mothers house and I was able to download the game on it .... so I went home grabbed my 27'' IMAC (not easy to transport unboxed) and took it over moms house to download a game .. that is ridiculous that I needed to do that just to play a game.. I just don't get why we all were able to get episode 1 and now we can't get episode 2.. logical thinking to me would be if they changed something put it back to what it was if they have to many customers for their site to handle boost signal ect. but I am not a technician or anything like that so... I am probably way off base.. I am really sorry for you guys whom can't play your game yet. I hope that TTG figures this crap out real soon .
  • edited July 2012
    Telltale has some of the worst customer support in the industry. Had similar problems with Monkey Island. Once they've got your money, they just seem to be happy to go silent and get problems sorted at a very lazy pace (i.e. a matter of months rather than days). It's unacceptable but what can we do except vote with our wallets and spread the word at how crappy their support is.
  • edited July 2012
    I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.

Tried it on three different WiFi connections, three different ISP's and three different computers.
    Same shit every time. Connection error around 80%.

I was so excited when I began to read your post, but unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Congrats with episode 2 on Mac... you may just be THE ONLY Mac user who is able to play episode 2.
  • I've tried some of the new techniques too and now it just stops at 13% instead 81%. Guess I don't have to wait as long to see that it doesn't work, but I was hoping for more than an infinite loading screen when I bought this.
  • edited July 2012
    I have e-mailed Telltale Games twice about this issue with episode 2 and still have not received a response. I stated in my second e-mail that if I did not receive a response within 3-4 days that I would request a full refund. Since I can not even get an answer for that, I have now contacted the Better Business Bureau. The website is: http://goldengate.bbb.org/consumers

According to the site, they will process our claims and send them to the company asking for a response to our request. If they won't email us back, then this is the next best option because now they HAVE to give me an answer.

Good luck everyone
  • edited July 2012
    I got a response saying that since the purchase was over 2 months old and I played episode 1 then they could not issue a refund. It's over 2 months old due to their delays!

I'm never buying another Telltale product.
  • edited July 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    I got a response saying that since the purchase was over 2 months old and I played episode 1 then they could not issue a refund. It's over 2 months old due to their delays!

I'm never buying another Telltale product.

What the shit?! That is total crap. Are those idiots actually trying to tell you that refund is out of the question because they have failed to deliver a functioning product within advertised time? I can hardly believe that the US law allows companies to keep customers' money without delivering what is promised.

If you have 1/5 of the product you have paid for while the remainder (4/5) is DELAYED and/or DEFECTIVE (ep. 2 in this case) you definitely have the right to get a refund. With some basic mathematics we get to a refund sum of 20$.

If there's a time limit in which one must seek redress, it most definitely does not begin from the time of the purchase if the reason for seeking redress is failure to deliver.

MIKE or some other TTG dude, why is it so hard to publicly explain the problems and the possible solutions? Do you honestly think it is better to let us customers file complaints etc.?

PS. I think TTG is in big financial troubles. A healthy company does not treat customers this way.
  • edited July 2012
    What the shit?! That is total crap. Are those idiots actually trying to tell you that refund is out of the question because they have failed to deliver a functioning product within advertised time? I can hardly believe that the US law allows companies to keep customers' money without delivering what is promised.

If you have 1/5 of the product you have paid for while the remainder (4/5) is DELAYED and/or DEFECTIVE (ep. 2 in this case) you definitely have the right to get a refund. With some basic mathematics we get to a refund sum of 20$.

If there's a time limit in which one must seek redress, it most definitely does not begin from the time of the purchase if the reason for seeking redress is failure to deliver.

MIKE or some other TTG dude, why is it so hard to publicly explain the problems and the possible solutions? Do you honestly think it is better to let us customers file complaints etc.?

PS. I think TTG is in big financial troubles. A healthy company does not treat customers this way.

I know! I sent Mike a reply. I'll see what they say.

I think the main reasons the issues and bugs haven't been public is not to dissuade new customers (suckers).
  • edited July 2012
    I made it guys.
    I tried as someone suggested to set everything on the lower level.
    And it worked!
    Then i have changed again the settings and it started normally.
    Thank you all, hope you ll find too a way out of this....
  • edited July 2012
    Fix this!!!!
  • edited July 2012

If they can legally do that then that's why i contacted the Better Business Bureau because they can let me know if its true or not. Just because a company says something, doesn't mean its the final word. And if some of it is true, then they can give me 19.99 back, as long as I am taking something back from this company because they obviously do not deserve my payment since they can't give me a simple courtesy response that they are having issues.

The greatest part of all of this is if I received an email stating they were having issues and they were working on it, i would never even contacted the BBB. Good job Telltale Games.
  • edited July 2012
    OK.This is stupid. I have tried downloading episode 2 100*n times, and it always cut's the download off at about 80 percent.

Please fix this ASAP.
  • edited July 2012
    Macmooglex wrote: »
    OK.This is stupid. I have tried downloading episode 2 100*n times, and it always cut's the download off at about 80 percent.

Please fix this ASAP.

Same here. Please FIX. Tried different settings and running in window and fullscreen. Always cutting at 80/81.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm as annoyed as the next guy but really, telling them how bad their customer service is isn't going to help anything. I've seen this happen in Australia with one of our game developers. They got destroyed by fans on a forum because of a bad effort in releasing a game and poor communication with problems, and everytime they the did respond they were met with more abuse. Let's just hope the reason there's no reply is that half their team is fixing this problem and the other half is making sure the next episode is 150% big free so it can be released almost immediately.
  • edited July 2012
    Unsatisfied customers with faulty / deceitful product offer them a refund or fix the problem. Simple solutions to a simple problem.

Telltale have not delivered either.
  • edited July 2012
    Unsatisfied customers with faulty / deceitful product offer them a refund or fix the problem. Simple solutions to a simple problem.

Telltale have not delivered either.

I agree 100% but they have said they are working on it. I'm not defending them at all, im pretty annoyed aswell. they definitely need to get there act together
  • edited July 2012
    It honestly shouldn't be that hard to fix? Just make a combined episode 1 + 2 download from the website, since we had to blow 500megs of our bandwith downloading a pointless patch anyways.

Its ridiculous that it's been 3 weeks with no update or fix to this problem.
  • edited July 2012
    I also contacted Better Business Bureau regarding refund. I have waited for months, tried to download dozens of times, written on the forum, contacted TTG about the problem and about a refund, all in vain. I hope this thing gets solved.
  • I should have waited for the steam sale...
    Will btw take my laptop to work tomorrow and check if this location-thing works and post results
  • edited July 2012
    Tried downloading in different locations. It cancels at different places, but still keeps cancelling.

Telltale's is one of the worst customer support I've ever experienced. Once they've got my money, the feeling is that they don't care. They should be ashamed.
  • edited July 2012
    TTG have definitely NOT handled this well. Although it's not really serious or about a large sum of money (for an individual customer), I think that it's a matter of principle.

I recommend contacting Better Business Bureau, effective or not, so that we, paying customers, don't just keep quiet and let TTG handle this in their own shitty way.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
  • edited July 2012
    im having the same problem....as all of this crap posted on here...:(....hey and on steam its the black screen and doesnt play at all. has anyone got it to work on steam since it wont download on mac??? i mean any mac users?
  • edited July 2012
    Just officially filed my BBB complaint! Congratulations TellTale Games!!! you're the first company that has driven me to pursuit this avenue. Here is the link to submit your own complaint fellow, crapped upon consumers!!! http://www.bbb.org/
  • edited July 2012
    I don't live in the USA, so I can't file a complaint with them.

If I could, I would. and Telltale would be the first company that has driven me to file a complaint.
  • edited July 2012
    Well, I finished episode 2 yesterday and it worked flawlessly.
    I saw a post somewhere on the forum about a guy who took down the resolution of his screen before downloading and this trick worked for me.
    I set the resolution on the lowest possibility (640x480) and tried downloading again. This time it finished without problems. I still couldn't leave the episodes screen or go to windowed mode without the program crashing though, but it was worth the wait.
    I'm not really sure if this is the general solution to the Mac downloading problem, because I don't see a correlation between downloading and screen-resolution, but I really hope this 'trick' will work for all you guys!

Macbook Pro i7 2010
    OS X Lion 10.7.4
  • edited July 2012
    JordyLicht wrote: »
    Well, I finished episode 2 yesterday and it worked flawlessly.
    I saw a post somewhere on the forum about a guy who took down the resolution of his screen before downloading and this trick worked for me.
    I set the resolution on the lowest possibility (640x480) and tried downloading again. This time it finished without problems. I still couldn't leave the episodes screen or go to windowed mode without the program crashing though, but it was worth the wait.
    I'm not really sure if this is the general solution to the Mac downloading problem, because I don't see a correlation between downloading and screen-resolution, but I really hope this 'trick' will work for all you guys!

Macbook Pro i7 2010
    OS X Lion 10.7.4

Tried this, didn't work.

Seriously guys. First the game didn't show up on my account. Then, never got the promised steam keys in my email. Now this.

Change your server provider. This is stooooopid.
  • edited July 2012
    it is a scandal, after paying, I can not download the second episode, how do I get a refund, does anyone know how to do
  • edited July 2012
    screetch77 wrote: »
    it is a scandal, after paying, I can not download the second episode, how do I get a refund, does anyone know how to do

They are refusing to grant refunds!

Disgusting.
  • edited July 2012
    I am not from the USA but managed to file a complaint via BBB just fine. They accepted it and delivered it to TTG.
  • edited July 2012
    So now I tried the change in settings for the MAC - didn't work.

Tried to install Win 7 on MAC with bootcamp, too much drama, so grabbed the HTPC and installed on there.

Guess what, download failed on PC......I seem destined not to play this game.

At least now I have WIn 7 on the HTPC, so not a total loss, unlike TWD which is a total loss....of my cash....
  • edited July 2012
    Reply I got from TTG support regarding MAC issues on 6th July...

"We are aware that a number of MAC users are experiencing this issue with completing the download of episode 2 and are currently working on a fix that should resolve the issue. In the meantime, please ensure that you have a strong and stable connection to the internet when trying to download. Also, anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop.

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that this may cause and we are looking to resolve it as soon as possible so you can enjoy your game as intended."

... still no resolution.
  • Took longer than planned but now I've tried downloading at another spot and it still doesn't work. Maybe a few more days will do it!
  • edited July 2012
    Unfortunately I really believe that Telltale have no interest in seeing this resolved for episode 2 and are working on possibly having it fixed for episode 3 or later. What I really can't get past is the silence. Disgraceful.
  • edited July 2012
    Okay I tried to be optimistic about this but this is an absolute disgrace now. I wonder if I plastered the message board with profanity about how disappointed I am I'd get banned? At least then I would know if anyone is actually reading this. It honestly can't be that hard to fix.
  • edited July 2012
    jaxon23489 wrote: »
    Okay I tried to be optimistic about this but this is an absolute disgrace now. I wonder if I plastered the message board with profanity about how disappointed I am I'd get banned? At least then I would know if anyone is actually reading this. It honestly can't be that hard to fix.

The ridiculous thing is all they have to do is make a direct download link / patch on their website with instructions on how to copy saves over. They (their customer service team) just plain don't care about their customers.

Does anyone have the contact details of anyone higher up the totem pole at Telltale? I wonder if they are aware of the piss poor job their employees are doing.

I'll probably get banned over that, but its true.
  • edited July 2012
    Day 5 of download attempts and no change. Still quits at 80% after 40 minutes. What a joke!

We need to get this info to Mr. Kirkman directly. Maybe he can jerk a knot in their a**es over at TTG. If he knew how TTG is treating HIS fans and HIS customers he might think differently about license agreements in the future.

I paid via Paypal and I plan to challenge the payment and get my refund through them NOT TTG.
  • edited July 2012
    I want my money back. I would rather buy it on iPad.
  • edited August 2012
    With my slow internet, it has now been downloading for almost 24 hours... At 75%. If it crashes at 80 I'll try the lower screen resolution, but it seems allowing you to download a version from the site with both episodes already installed would be an easy fix. I wouldn't mind playing through episode 1 again if it means I get to actually play episode 2.
  • edited August 2012
    DomDom wrote: »
    I want my money back. I would rather buy it on iPad.

If you want a refund, pls show your hand in the thread asking for refund. If we don't rally the numbers TTG will think that no one is asking for a refund. And they think they can simply take our money and sell us defective product.
  • edited September 2012
    Wow, boy I'm surprised to see this thread still open. I'm on Mac as well. Finished Episode 1 and then tried to download Ep2. The first time it slowed down after 68% or so, crawling down to 0.01% per second movement. Then, it stopped completely at 99.50%?!?!?!? Frustrating. I had to restart the game. All of those files that were just downloaded? Gone! Now, it's going at it again, but it's dead slow. My internet is fine.

I actually haven't been able to see a support email address on TTG website at all. what is it? I'll also complain to BBB.
This discussion has been closed.