MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I have the same issue. Episode 2 stops downloading consistently at 47%. I emailed in with the issue. It seems like emailing is no use, and this problem has persist for a while. Sorry this post doesn't help everyone, but I just wanted to jump in on the complaint.

Killercow IMO your post does help because at least we know we are not alone and there are others facing the same issues. :) I know I'm not being singled out and driven mad !!!! Thanks :) lol I really hope tt gets this issue fixed soon I think TT should give us the cd of the season for our suffering :)
  • 1,5 monthly release + about 2 or more weeks just for mac, this sucks incredibly hard
  • edited July 2012
    Received a reply on my mail:

Hi Jordy,

We are aware that a number of MAC users are experiencing this issue with completing the download of episode 2 and are currently working on a fix that should resolve the issue. Also, anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

I apologize for the frustration and any inconvenience that this may cause and we are looking to resolve it as soon as possible so you can enjoy your game as intended.

Thanks!,
    Eric

Seems like a standard reply, but it seems they're working on it.
    I'm really frustrated that I can't play Episode 2, and no word on how long it's gonna take.
  • edited July 2012
    Seems like a standard reply, but it seems they're working on it.

Confirm, standard reply! Anyway, better than nothing :)
  • edited July 2012
    I love this "losing focus" line that is being sprouted, like the game is some lazy employee who drifts off from time to time and doesn't do any work....

I'm downloading, I'm downloading, I'm downloading....shit....what was that, a screensaver, that was pretty....oops, not downloading, better give them an error message about their internet connection or they'll think it was me again.....I'm gonna get fired......
  • edited July 2012
    for some reason when i log into telltale games i get told i haven't ever downloaded anything??? i downloaded this game from launch and paid 15 quid for it WTF is going on?
  • edited July 2012
    Hi everybody.
    I am on MAC (MBpro) and I had the same problem. The download stops at a random position with the explicit message about my internet connection. I tried 5 times in 3 days.

On the first episode, when we have the choice to give a gun to the lady in the motel, the game freezed at every time. I changed the settings and disabled the shadows. I tried again and no bugs. Hmmmm ok, why not.

I wanted to test the same routine for the download process. Who knows? Maybe it will work. I set all settings at the minimum level and fullscreen off. This time, everything is fine. Download 100%. Episode 2 installed.

I don't know if they worked on their side or if this 'settings hack' is a good solution but for me it worked, so just try this. Just in case.

Good luck to you fellas!!
  • edited July 2012
    numi wrote: »
    Hi everybody.
    I don't know if they worked on their side or if this 'settings hack' is a good solution but for me it worked, so just try this. Just in case.

Thanks numi, I must admit I was dubious but I tried it, hell, you've provided more support than TT so far :)

I got to 48% in record time with all settings low/off and at 640*480 in a window. Then it crashed the application.

I'll try it again as it seemed promising until the crash but I'm heading out now.

Thanks.
  • edited July 2012
    i've finally got a reply from the tech support team..

========================

Hi Boon,

We are aware that a number of MAC users are experiencing this issue with completing the download of episode 2 and are currently working on a fix that should resolve the issue. In the meantime, please ensure that you have a strong and stable connection to the internet when trying to download. Also, anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop.

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that this may cause and we are looking to resolve it as soon as possible so you can enjoy your game as intended.

Thank you for your patience,
    Eric
  • edited July 2012
    there's no ETA on the date it will be fixed though.. but at least hearing that they are fixing on this.. meanwhile i'll try to forget this.. maybe they will fix this by the time episode 3 come out then i can play both episodes together..
  • edited July 2012
    numi wrote: »
    Hi everybody.
    I am on MAC (MBpro) and I had the same problem. The download stops at a random position with the explicit message about my internet connection. I tried 5 times in 3 days.

On the first episode, when we have the choice to give a gun to the lady in the motel, the game freezed at every time. I changed the settings and disabled the shadows. I tried again and no bugs. Hmmmm ok, why not.

I wanted to test the same routine for the download process. Who knows? Maybe it will work. I set all settings at the minimum level and fullscreen off. This time, everything is fine. Download 100%. Episode 2 installed.

Same problem at the motel, but unfortunately your method doesn't work for me, there's no way to download the Second Episode... Thanks anyway!
  • edited July 2012
    Same problem at the motel, but unfortunately your method doesn't work for me, there's no way to download the Second Episode... Thanks anyway!

I concur, all lowering the specs did for me was to get constant crashes...worth a shot
  • edited July 2012

This didn't work for me either :(
    I really hope they fix this soon with ep 3 coming in mid august and already talk of TWD season 2 from TT ..... gotta wonder what is going on with TT? I really would like to play ep2 before ep3 is released it would really blow if they can't figure this issue out....:(
  • edited July 2012
    My father purchased and installed the game on his PC and has had no problem downloading episode 2. I just downloaded the game this morning on my Mac and played through episode 1. When I went to the download content page for episode 2 I still have the "coming soon" with no option to download. I've tried restarting and redownloading but nothing has helped. How can I fix this problem?
  • edited July 2012
    chakdude wrote: »
    My father purchased and installed the game on his PC and has had no problem downloading episode 2. I just downloaded the game this morning on my Mac and played through episode 1. When I went to the download content page for episode 2 I still have the "coming soon" with no option to download. I've tried restarting and redownloading but nothing has helped. How can I fix this problem?

Have you installed the game using the:

WalkingDead100_v3 (1).dmg

version of the game? That is the CURRENT version (on "My Games" page) that could fix your problem

:-)
  • edited July 2012
    Just emailed them this afternoon, but I'm not expecting to hear back for a while.

That is the version I installed.
  • edited July 2012
    Oh, and if anyone knows where the save games are on a MAC I would appreciate it, mine no longer appear....this just keeps getting better....
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, very disappointed by this.

I played the demo on xbox and loved it, but decided to buy for mac as I wanted something to play during a work trip this week- not looking likely now.

I would have appreciated at least an acknowledgment of the problem before I purchased it.
    Does anyone know if users are facing the same problem with downloading episode two from steam? If they're not, I would recommend telltale issue some steam passes asap, or there going to have an increasing number of disgruntled customers on their case.

As others have said, I don't want a refund, I would just like to play the game I have paid for, either via a fix or a free download on steam.
  • edited July 2012
    I've never seen customer service this poor.
  • edited July 2012
    Okay, I've found the save games under library/application support/telltale games/thewalkingdead and I have 12 saves (autosaves??) in there but none are seen when I open the game.....help.....
  • edited July 2012
    So I spoke to a mate of mine who was having the same download issue on his iMac. He used bootcamp and put windows 7 on there, same internet connection, same computer hardware just different OS, guess what, that works.....so if it isn't fixed soon then I will have to infect my mac with windows......
  • edited July 2012
    you can go into settings/graphic and turn off full screen, this way you can at least do something else while the game (fails) to download episode 2. I suppose it would be helpful to keep this forum going just so that the support staff knows we are still very concerned. But I don't feel like I've gotten any support so far. I've basically payed for a defective product and have received no avenue for addressing this issue.
  • edited July 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    I've never seen customer service this poor.

I hate to say it...but I agree. -____-
  • edited July 2012
    you can go into settings/graphic and turn off full screen, this way you can at least do something else while the game (fails) to download episode 2. I suppose it would be helpful to keep this forum going just so that the support staff knows we are still very concerned. But I don't feel like I've gotten any support so far. I've basically payed for a defective product and have received no avenue for addressing this issue.

YEP!!!! that basically ..... nothing has changed ....... still just want to play my game I can't believe a company would act like this in this day and age there are so many social/informational mediums that a lack of communication even just to say "we are still hard at work on a solution" is just absurd.
  • edited July 2012

Totally. I can't believe they don't have the common decency to reply to inquiries of a refund for their defective product.

I ordered their game on the condition of it each episode being released monthly. Which not only have they not delivered on, they're now saying each episode will be every 2 months?

Episode 2 doesn't even work properly and it was over a month overdue.

You'd think they would at least appear concerned about these issues. But they already have our money.
  • edited July 2012

If I try this, the entire application just crashes after a while, so I'm stuck looking at the Episodes screen while I'm hoping my download will complete.
    Which never happens...
  • edited July 2012
    My 10th+ attempt to download episode 2 on my imac. 79% downloaded and connection lost. I really hope that potential buyers of the mac version read this forum because TTG don't have the courtesy to publicly admit IT CAN'T BE PLAYED ON MAC!
  • edited July 2012
    I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2012
    I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.

That's interesting. In that case it might even be worth trying to download while connected through a VPN, e.g. Hotspot Shield.
  • edited July 2012
    I am so happy to report that if you connect to the strongest signal that is possible for you it will actually download!!!!!!! I have succeeded in getting ep 2 to work!!!!!
  • edited July 2012

I just happened to be in a different location with wifi when I read this comment. This also worked for me. It's ridiculous, but it worked.

I guess we are all the poor unfortunate souls who have to relocate into a different wifi area in order to play this game EVERY time a new episode is released. >__>

If this is the case, then this is the last game I will ever purchase from Telltale Games.

I'm sorry, but this beyond unbelievable. Good luck everyone.
  • edited July 2012
    So, I need a new connection to download the Second Episode?? Ridiculous... I will never download this f****** episode.. bah...
  • edited July 2012
    So, I need a new connection to download the Second Episode?? Ridiculous... I will never download this f****** episode.. bah...

Living in Australia, our internet isn't as fast as other parts of the world. Tried again this morning. Same problem.
  • edited July 2012
    JBelin wrote: »
    Living in Australia, our internet isn't as fast as other parts of the world. Tried again this morning. Same problem.

were you connected via wifi or cable? i havent had a chance to try a wired connection yet but one would think that would give us aussies the best possible chance?
  • edited July 2012
    AppleWorm wrote: »
    I am so happy to report that if you connect to the strongest signal that is possible for you it will actually download!!!!!!! I have succeeded in getting ep 2 to work!!!!!

I'm already using the best signal in my house, but it does not work...
  • edited July 2012
    Living in Italy, cable connection, continuous FAILURE.
    (same shit at the hotel, i had to give her the pistol quickly as possible to go on)
  • edited July 2012
    Sorry fellow Aussies, just tried a cable connection, no luck, stopped again at 68%. This is really getting the better of me and silence from TT just makes me madder each day. Furious.
  • edited July 2012
    So I'd have to drag my imac somewhere where there is an unprotected wifi or something to get this piece of shit product to download? I've tried hotspot shields etc. but nothing works.

The only thing that makes me happy about this game is that I've managed to stop two of my friends from buying this stupid game from this joke of a company.
  • edited July 2012
    It's ridiculous that there is still no comment from TT.
  • edited July 2012
    There has been a comment but they can't seem to work out how to fix this stupid, seemingly simple problem.

They don't want to scare off more potential suckers.
This discussion has been closed.