Season Two news!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited August 2007 in Sam & Max

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Looks fantastic.
  • edited July 2007
    Hey, you guys need to make your hi-res images more easily accessible. I'm speechless.
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    Yay! Stinky's
  • edited July 2007
    looks fantastic well done

wondering what the the theme will be this time
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    Food poisoning... :)
  • edited July 2007
    *Speechless*:D
  • edited July 2007
    I like how Stinky's is an amalgamation of all of the most common restaurant themes. Also: I want a Jackalope trophy.:D
  • edited July 2007
    No, seriously, you guys. You haven't seen speechless until you've seen the hi-res version.
  • edited July 2007
    Hat's Off to You Guys!!!
  • edited July 2007
    Wow, looks like the graphics have been upped. I'd still love it either way, but now posting videos on Youtube will look better.
    I shoulda suspected that that place would be a Season 2 locale...
  • edited July 2007
    Hey, now Max does look more furry and less 3D, you guys really do listen to feedback :D
  • edited July 2007
    Wow! That's great.
    I'd really like to see some sensible changes between the episodes this time around. What you did with the neighborood at night in the last episode of Season 1 was perfect. ;)
  • edited July 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    No, seriously, you guys. You haven't seen speechless until you've seen the hi-res version.
    It's linked in the blog post.
  • edited July 2007
    Ah, you force my hand.

I was talking about the 4500x3375 version. It shows a lot more of the details.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Ooh - don't everyone hit that link at once, please. That's just intended for press - it's hosted on a machine in our office and can't handle a ton of traffic.

Also the graphics in Season 2 are turning out gorgeous, but this is a promotional render done in Maya (not an in-game screenshot), so it is a tad nicer than the in-game stuff. :p
  • edited July 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Ah, you force my hand.
    I hoped I would. ;)

I'm wondering, though - shouldn't the logo on the door glass be mirrored?
  • edited July 2007
    even if it is a render it still looks awesome

what length do you plan the season to be?

and roughly how much for the whole season?
  • edited July 2007
    I can see Myra's feet sticking out from under the table...
  • edited July 2007
    Look awsome.

From the looks of the themes in the screenshot (the fish bib or whatever that thing is called on the waitress,) the engrish sign, and the the dragon head, it appears to be an asian themed diner. I wonder if this will be consistent in the entire season or will be an ethnic dish of the ep like Bosco's personality and Sybil's job in season 1. Then again, the waitress does look asian with the smaller eyes and the green hair(which could be a cue from japanese anime.) However, Myra and the concept sketch Sybil did have non natural colored hair, so I dunno
  • edited July 2007
    I love all the colours in the environment..really brings it to life
  • edited July 2007
    This Fall?!
    Holy crap. I didn't think this would happen so soon. I wasen't expecting Season 2 until at least next year. You guys are amazing!
  • edited July 2007
    Can someone explain to the Australian when fall is? Does that mean September..or later?
  • edited July 2007
    I read this thread & the blog post this morning before work... causing my to report in my LJ the following: "Holy belligerent blogging before breakfast encouraging easily excitable geeks to go gaga!"
  • MelMel
    edited July 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to the Australian when fall is? Does that mean September..or later?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn

They are speaking of Fall in the Northern hemisphere sense (which is good as no one wants to wait until March :p).
  • edited July 2007
    Nice! Earlier than expected..
  • edited July 2007
    This is wonderful. I wasn't even expecting it yet! Hurray!
  • edited July 2007
    1up interview with Dave Grossman about Season 2 :)

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161527
  • edited July 2007
    I hope they have more characters that are just there for scenary or maybe for a very small part of the puzzle. Like the dude in Snuckey's at the bar or maybe like the swearing tool-bending dude at the top of the ball of twine.
  • edited July 2007
    This certainly makes me wonder about that mysterious August 28th update scheduled on The Summer of Sam & Max page. I lot people speculated that it would be the announcement of Season 2, but now...?
  • edited July 2007
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    This certainly makes me wonder about that mysterious August 28th update scheduled on The Summer of Sam & Max page. I lot people speculated that it would be the announcement of Season 2, but now...?

Episode 1 trailer?
  • edited July 2007
    Episode 1 trailer?

All I know is that Tabacco said it's not on the DVD, and is good. Like that narrows it down. :p

And thanks for that interview! It says fall.
  • edited July 2007
    1up interview with Dave Grossman about Season 2 :)

That article also has a link to the huge-res render.

I like the 2-headed Budha :D
  • edited July 2007
    (1st message lost to power outage)

Huzzah, Stinky’s Diner!!! :D

I’ll go ahead and assume the reason Stinky’s made it into Season Two was because we asked for it, skillfully avoiding the fact the exterior was already in Season One. The graphics look more detailed somehow. Is it just the lighting making it look more sophisticated, or was the engine enhanced in someway?

To be honest, I was hoping Stinky’s would be more, um, what’s the word… Seedy? Rundown? Grimy? I can understand the desire to make the enviroment pleasant and appealing, but it seems a little too… clean… for Sam & Max. Don’t get me wrong here, I like the diner a lot, but I always envisioned it to be more… Ghetto, more retro. How about some torn wallpaper, some stitches and patches in the seats, stains, ect? Or how about having a fly buzz around the fixture? Orrrrr, have a cockroach walk across the floor or something.

I like the lighting effects a lot too, but it seems a little bright. Maybe dim the lighting and instead have more of it coming from the fixtures? That could make for interesting shadows. :) Hmmm… It’s probably a stretch, but how about opening the blinds half way and letting light come in… How do I say it…

You know how light looks when it enters a dim and dusty room, where you can see the rays of light come in? That would give it a lot of character. Ohhhh, I know, how about some little spotlights up on the ceiling shining down on those things on the ledge? If there is some way to have a light mist where the lights are so the light scatters a bit that would look really nice, and make the diner seem a lot… um… Shadier? :p And I’m really going out on a limb here, but, if the blinds are half up, maybe it would be possible to have cars drive by occasionally? That would be fantastic. :)

I hope no one takes what I’m saying the wrong way. The diner looks great. I’m just trying to help and give creative ideas.
  • edited July 2007

"After being one of the worst kept secets in the game industry for the past few months, Sam & Max: Season Two got its official announcement today, just in time for Telltale's appearance at the San Diego Comic-Con."

Er... Yeah, we did give you guys/girls a pretty hard time with trying to pry secrets out of you. I hope Dave or somebody doesn't get upset with any of that, though. Apparently not, but, well, I just would rather nobody got in trouble for saying anything.
  • edited July 2007
    1UP: When can we expect to see the first episode? Is the plan for a similar "pilot" episode, followed by five monthlies this time out?

DG: The first episode will be out in the fall, followed eventually by the rest on a schedule which is closely guarded by steroid-enhanced wolverines.

I don't really expect an answer, but does this mean it might be longer then a month between 2-1 and 2-2?
  • edited July 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    The graphics look more detailed somehow. Is it just the lighting making it look more sophisticated, or was the engine enhanced in someway?
    Head back a few posts - Emily clued us in to the fact that the image is a render, not an in-game shot.
  • edited July 2007
    Ohhhhhh. :I
  • edited July 2007
    The more grit the better!
  • edited July 2007
    Always liked the diner from the original sam & Max more, saying "Really bad food" instead of Stinky's. Thought it was funnier to try to name your place what you sold, at least when it sounded that bad.

Hope that even though there'll probably be some re-used locations like the first season, that there might be more special locations, or maybe even re-use of some earlier ones along with new places. Would've been neat to for example need something from the TV station for your
    presidential race
    . Know that would've upped the filesize though, but could've been cool if it was possible to make the episodes downloadable in 2 ways, if you want it on it's own, or if you already have the other ones, could integrate it with the other installs and thus have smaller download, also giving maybe a way to allow after completion to play a sam and maxathon from the same launcher. Maybe small cutscene between end of one episode and start of next.

Yup, I'm the ever demanding fan who wants more than is humanly possible on bugdget. Know that would be technically very tricky and nigh on impossible to design properly, can always dream. At least I'm not the kind of fan waving a gun around when making silly ideas like this.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I don't really expect an answer, but does this mean it might be longer then a month between 2-1 and 2-2?

Can't say. I wouldn't want to piss off those steroid-enhanced wolverines.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.