Season Two news!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    other kitchens you can get in: the flight of the amazon queen and broken sword the sleeping dragon
  • edited August 2007
    Egads, that's the whole point, guys! There's always someone who won't let you in, but getting in is the puzzle.
  • edited August 2007
    So true...although, don't forget, you could get into the kitchen in Day of the Tentacle too.

Maybe it's a bit early to speculate, but I hope that in episode 6, Sam & Max go where no adventure game character has gone before...

BEYOND THE FOURTH WALL.
  • edited August 2007
    I think they should try going to another place no dog nor rabbity-thing has set foot before.

Hammerspace :D It'd be fun looking at all the random items strewn about that people seemingly pull out of nowhere (maybe even tip a hat to Monkey Island by including a 6 foot long q-tip :3)
  • edited August 2007
    There was a kitchen in the original maniac mansion, and if you poked about in there too soon you risked getting caught. See easy to get into the kitchen. Getting out and about afterwards might be the problem.
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    would you like to rub my unicorn could be considered tasteless..

Not to mention "Does the carpet match the drapes?"
  • edited August 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Hero1
    would you like to rub my unicorn could be considered tasteless.

Not to mention "Does the carpet match the drapes?"

Neither of those is as outright disgusting as the fish/Stinky reference. I seriously doubt that's what they intended.
  • edited August 2007
    hang on one is about masturbating..the other about pubic hair.. It may not have been their intention but I don't think it's that different
  • edited August 2007
    Kesari wrote: »
    Neither of those is as outright disgusting as the fish/Stinky reference. I seriously doubt that's what they intended.
    According to Zeek, the real name of the waitress can be found in The Effigy Mound, so apparently it's not "Stinky".
  • edited August 2007
    Emily struck and smited said revelation in the book. Luma is what Steve suggested to name the chracter, though that isn't her real name in the game either.
  • edited August 2007
    Okay, Telltale, you need to give us something else to speculate about. The conversations regarding the waitress seem to have gone way... downhill.
  • edited August 2007
    People, people... we all know it'll be called Episode 1: The Rabbit-y Menace, and the waitress will be a much reviled character named Tar Tar that has an annoying voice, a penchant for unfunny physical comedy, and contributes nothing to the plot whatsoever...

Oh, nevermind, it's not a LucasArts game anymore... :P

(Long live Jar Jar jokes! The trend shall never die!)
  • edited August 2007
    I hope they have a contest to win the whole season.
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that this will actually happen. The rules, as I understand them, are as follows:
    -Entry is open to anyone
    -Entry fee for the contest is $34.95
    -In order to avoid injuring anyone's fragile self esteem, Everyone Who Enters Wins!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »

We love contests, so there will be at least some free stuff given out to be sure!
  • edited August 2007
    Contests = good public relations :)
  • edited August 2007
    I heard a rumor that this will actually happen. The rules, as I understand them, are as follows:
    -Entry is open to anyone
    -Entry fee for the contest is $34.95
    -In order to avoid injuring anyone's fragile self esteem, Everyone Who Enters Wins!

That sounds like a great contest. For winning a season of Sam & Max? Sign me up!.

Could be an interesting contest though, win tickets to visit Telltale games for one day and help stuff Season 2 case files.
  • edited August 2007
    DrakeFox wrote: »
    Could be an interesting contest though, win tickets to visit Telltale games for one day and help stuff Season 2 case files.

In an unfortunate but irreversible computer error, Emily seems to have won every single one of those prizes for the next five seasons.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    In an unfortunate but irreversible computer error, Emily seems to have won every single one of those prizes for the next five seasons.

Hahahaha. :D

I guess now I'm paying for that time I said I'd do anything to land a job at Telltale...
  • edited August 2007
    Is Season Two going to be priced the same as Season One?
  • edited August 2007
    Psymon777 wrote: »
    Is Season Two going to be priced the same as Season One?

I hope so - Season One was perfectly priced.
  • edited August 2007
    Here's something to speculate about:

In the "tiny tiki" concept art, there are baby bottles.
  • edited August 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Here's something to speculate about:

In the "tiny tiki" concept art, there are baby bottles.

Max is pregnant!
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    No wonder why the current fundrising goal at www.maxforpresident.org is a Wedding Videographer :)
  • edited August 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    No wonder why the current fundrising goal at www.maxforpresident.org is a Wedding Videographer :)
    Thank you. $1 has been "donated" to Max for President from
    the Brady Culture Fanclub.

Well, at least it is going to a better cause now.:D
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Hahahaha. :D

I guess now I'm paying for that time I said I'd do anything to land a job at Telltale...

I know how you feel:p

But not really.
  • edited August 2007
    I need to send a spy to the play test.
  • edited August 2007
    I can't believe they would have finished episode 1 by august 26th.. I had no idea they were that advanced.. could episode 1 be released in September? :)
  • edited August 2007
    It gives them alot more time to fine tune the games. I'm really excited to see Sam put his hands in his pockets. It'll be the moment when everyone in the theater, err computer chairs cheer.
  • edited August 2007
    I can't believe they would have finished episode 1 by august 26th.. I had no idea they were that advanced.. could episode 1 be released in September? :)

On the other hand, Telltale's focus group test for CSI: Hard Evidence was in December 2006.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Episode 1 will not be released in September.
  • edited August 2007
    What about August? :D Oh well it gives them a good start to have episode 1 completed early anyway.. Sounds like they've planned out this season a lot better
  • edited August 2007
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007

The episode won't be finished in August. Why would you playtest a totally finished episode? If it's finished, there's no point in soliciting feedback from players! The episode will have a lot of content at that point - enough to hopefully understand the gist of what's going on - but it won't be done by any means, there will be a lot of polish left to do.
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks for the info.. I'm quite happy waiting a few more months for season 2 anyway.. :)
  • edited August 2007
    dg10050 wrote: »

*cries quietly*
  • edited August 2007
    ^OMG, I am soooo going to check when the next flight out to California is right now ;)
    However I'm still happy to wait a bit longer for the second season, Good things come to those who wait they say
  • edited August 2007
    What kind of things are shown at this playtest? Do you get to have a look at the new environments in action, or new character animations or something?
  • edited August 2007
    What kind of things are shown at this playtest? Do you get to have a look at the new environments in action, or new character animations or something?

It's usually a play through the entire episode. And then they ask you questions afterwards.
  • edited August 2007
    It's usually a play through the entire episode. And then they ask you questions afterwards.

*jealous* :( :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.