Season Two news!

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Well... I dunno... If Leonard died in the closet and his skeleton was in there, the game would probably get a higher rating. That's definately not something they want. It would be funny though, albeit very creepy, to have Leonards skeleton in there covered in cobwebs. :p
  • edited July 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Well... I dunno... If Leonard died in the closet and his skeleton was in there, the game would probably get a higher rating.

Pssh, no. Implied, off-screen, comical death probably wouldn't change it away from T.

It could always turn out not to be Leonard. :p
  • edited August 2007
    I don't know if this has been answered but are the same voice actor's returning and is Jared still going to do the music?
    If so I can't wait to hear what he has in store for the Tiny Tiki location
  • edited August 2007
    Jared's definitely doing the music for season 2. :)
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been answered but are the same voice actor's returning and is Jared still going to do the music?
    If so I can't wait to hear what he has in store for the Tiny Tiki location

Disneyland's Tiki Room meets HTR's Savage Jungle Inn? It would give him an excuse to break out the ukilei and steel guitar, as well as put a Sam & Max spin on surf music by The Beach Boys and The Ventures.
  • edited August 2007
    Sam, Max and the Ventures ?
    That'd be proof that god exist !:eek:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    We'll be using the same voice actors for all returning roles (at least we are so far, for episodes 1 and 2, and we don't plan on recasting anyone!). And Jared is writing the music again!
  • edited August 2007
    Fantastic! :D
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    I think I'm going to put myself on a blackout (or whatever you call it) from too much pre-game material. I think I want to be really, really surprised when the games come out. :D

As discussed here
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    We're discussing little to no actual details, as you'll notice. Don't expect to hear anything about any of the plots of any episodes, any confirmation of new or returning characters, etc, for a while.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, I'm anticipating secrecy on a Nintendo level over the next few months. And personally, I've got no problem with that.
  • edited August 2007
    Well as long as they keep us happy with merch (meaning releasing Surfin' the highway soon) I'll be happy.
  • edited August 2007
    Well I don't expect episode 1 to be releasing for another 3 months so I'm quite happy to wait for details
  • edited August 2007
    Hopefully Season 2 has more black and edgier humour
  • edited August 2007
    I wondered what was inside Stinky's diner, now I know. It looks nice, like you would expect from any B-rating diner. I wonder what form of purpose would the diner have?
  • edited August 2007
    Hopefully it's a place where you could meet more characters, pick up clues and hints, order food and drinks, and chit chat. :) Oh, and get some R&R too. I'm still hoping they will put a band in there, but that's probably asking for too much.
  • edited August 2007
    Hopefully we get to go into the kitchen area only to find it's a rat infested armpit of a kitchen complete with an overweight sweaty, hairy cook and food (along with blood) stained floors.
  • edited August 2007
    I was kind of hoping Stinky would be the cook, and the waitress would be someone else. Probably a little late for that, though. If you can go in the kitchen, then yeah, it has to be revolting.
  • edited August 2007
    Just because the little animation of the waitress in the blog has 'Stinky' on it, doesn't necessarily mean that it is her name.... They could be trying to pull a fast one on us... I mean, we know she *works* at Stinky's, but does that make her name 'Stinky'? For all we know, she is "the waitress", just like we had "the director" in Episode 2 - she didn't have a name...
  • edited August 2007
    The filename of photo of her from the blog is also named "Stinky". However, you are correct, it could be they're lying about it.
  • edited August 2007
    I think she is the real Stinky! :D But I don't see anything wrong in this... it's a name that doesn't fit the character's the look, which is funny!
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    She doesn't look like "Stinky", but her smell could tell us otherwise.
  • edited August 2007
    Maybe the cook could be called Fragrance or something
  • edited August 2007
    Since the name is "Stinky's", then that means whoever Stinky is, she/he owns the diner. Either they're playing a joke on us and there is also a cook, or the waitress is named Stinky, which could be implying she is also stinky(smelly). That would explain the waitress's green hair, and further supports her being the owner/Stinky. :)
  • edited August 2007
    I hope there is a cook. More NPC's the better!
  • edited August 2007
    Maybe Stinky is her family name, and her father owns the diner.
  • edited August 2007
    Who knows for sure. For all we could know it might be Bosco that owns it. Think about it, he was paid an incredible amount of money the last episode just so he could sell out an 'earthquake machine.'
  • edited August 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Maybe Stinky is her family name, and her father owns the diner.

Perhaps, perhaps. I'd hate to see where they got the name from, though. :confused:

-pinches his nose-

I have a hard time believing they would name a waitress "Stinky" though. I mean, what does she do, randomly fart and laugh histerically? That would be truly disturbing.
  • edited August 2007
    fish..over
    genitalia
    + stinky .. you do the math :eek:
  • edited August 2007
    AdamG, you completely missed the subtle innuendo. Maybe you're too young.
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    fish..over
    genitalia
    mhaley wrote: »

I missed it because I'm slow.

I guess the ESRB would take that into account. So what? Season 2 is an automatic T now just becuase of character design?

EDIT:
    Jake wrote: »
    And Jared is writing the music again!
    Hey! Forward my suggestion about that Sam & Max meets The Ventures thing! That should give him some fun track ideas.
  • edited August 2007
    mhaley wrote: »

I'm less then 2 years younger then you, so I doubt it. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    i wonder if the disc offer will be in the second season
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    i wonder if the disc offer will be in the second season

Why wouldn't it be?
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Hopefully we get to go into the kitchen area only to find it's a rat infested armpit of a kitchen complete with an overweight sweaty, hairy cook and food (along with blood) stained floors.

As Guybrush observes in one of the Monkey Islands: there's always a kitchen in adventure games, and you're never allowed in!
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    fish..over
    genitalia

That doesn't seem like innuendo so much as a coincidence to me. To be honest, it's pretty tasteless if it is innuendo.
  • edited August 2007
    As Guybrush observes in one of the Monkey Islands: there's always a kitchen in adventure games, and you're never allowed in!

What about the kitchen in HTR?
  • edited August 2007
    Or the kitchen in Monkey Island 4
  • edited August 2007
    would you like to rub my unicorn could be considered tasteless..
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    What about the kitchen in HTR?

Sam & Max always have been rather... groundbreaking. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.