New Products!!!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
Heyyy!

As mentioned in the latest blog update, there are two new Sam & Max products in the store!

* There's a new poster print, of the cover art to the Sam & Max Season One bonus disc. The printing was supervised by Steve, and he signed quite a lot of them as well.

* Also, Steve debuted a new Sam & Max sketchbook at Comic-Con this year, called "The Effigy Mound." Like last year's sketchbook, "The Age of S&M" (quantities are running out, order now before it's gone forever!), The Effigy Mound contains heaps and heaps of long lost and sometimes forgotten Sam & Max sketches, one-offs, concept art, and other doodles Steve made over the years but lost. Also, for fans of the last one, there's an all new spread of animated series censor notes from Fox Kids. Grab it here.

Comments

• MelMel
    edited July 2007
    You have my money...
  • edited July 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    You have my money...

And you can expect mine in the morning after my deposit goes through tonight. Gotta make sure my paycheck doesn't bounce, you know!
  • edited July 2007
    Just ordered me a signed print, along with the Soundtrack.

Now to save up some more for both sketchbooks... (And Surfin' the Highway when it's released...)
  • edited July 2007
    I gots the signed poster, the Effigy Mound, and Stickleback!!! :D I was hoping to get the new Surfin' The Highway too, but I'll get that when it comes out along with maybe another poster for archival purposes. :)
  • edited July 2007
    Oh Telltale...

I hate you but I love you... Well, I really just hate money
  • edited July 2007
    man the postage for the poster is a b**** :(
  • edited July 2007
    It is? ... Oh, you live in Australia... Well, it is on the exact opposite side of the planet afterall. :/
  • edited July 2007
    daggummit, I don't get paid 'till next week! :(
  • edited July 2007
    Paycheck cleared! You now have a chunk of my money, Telltale!:D Too bad I can't give you guys free movie passes as part of my payment, but then again, I don't work in a movie theatre near where you guys are.
    Now to save up some more for both sketchbooks... (And Surfin' the Highway when it's released...)

Emily and her marketing techniques made me paranoid. I was going to do the same thing until she worked her magic.
  • edited July 2007
    Ack, I have to wait a few days for the PayPal Bank confirmation thingy... do you think there will still be enough of the art of S&M by the end of this week?
  • edited July 2007
    I wish I coulda gotten the soundtrack print, or the new hats and shirts :(...I missed out again! Dag nabit. My kingdom for the rare things.
  • edited July 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Oh Telltale...

I hate you but I love you... Well, I really just hate money

But without money, how could we screw the rules?
  • edited July 2007
    Please don't run out before I get the chance to order, pretty please! *begs the god of Sam & Max merchandise for mercy*
  • edited July 2007
    But without money, how could we screw the rules?
    Maybe if we all had green hair?
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm.. I won't buy the poster... It's way too small! I want a REAL Poster, not this dwarf of an artwork.. I'm quite disappointed now, damn..
  • edited August 2007
    It's not a poster, it's a print.
  • edited August 2007
    however, it's a sheet of paper with this amazing artwork on it.. but it's way too small :-(
  • edited August 2007
    11x17 isn't that bad. It's worth hanging on a wall. It is a bit pricey for an 11x17, but that's life.
  • edited August 2007
    I've spent way more than $15 on art prints much smaller than 11x17. Remember, this is on nice art paper, not poster stock.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    man the postage for the poster is a b**** :(

Fixed now. I accidentally set the weight of the signed print to pounds instead of ounces. :p

If anyone did order with the higher shipping price, please email support@telltalegames.com with your order number and we'll get the shipping refunded for you.

About the size, the original wasn't that big -- Steve actually went back and painted in some stuff to make it a little larger before we produced the prints -- and you can't reproduce something at a larger size than it started out. Not if you want it to look good, anyway. :p I think the size is nice. I don't like framing stuff that's poster sized and hanging it on my walls... it always looks cheesy to me.
  • edited August 2007
    I've got a lot of different posters on my wall (Damn you and your oh-so-appealing centerfolds, Nintendo Power...), but I have a feeling that the new print is going to end up being my favorite, no questions asked.
  • edited August 2007
    I've given into temptation!

It's a good thing I reviewed the shipping. I was gonna use Canadian ups instead of international. Saves me $10.
  • edited August 2007
    man you have no clue.. ive seen concert prints only 16 inches by 12 sell for 200-300$ soo yeaa.. waaaaaaaay worth 15$ and waay worth the extra for the auto! Now have steve sign some of those effigy and throw all the rare leftovers on ebay if he wants.. I want me a sketch of the soundtrack!\

EDIT: well I so with the new shirts and hat would been there by now! But I can just get these items and hope more stuff comes later! got 2 effigy's 2 prints signed and 2 more of those cool grab bags. My brother wants one hehe. Everything else in the store here Ive bought or had! So telltale get some of your own merch tooo!! Id sport a telltale shirt or sticker! I HEART telltale.. easy seller.
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    I've spent way more than $15 on art prints much smaller than 11x17. Remember, this is on nice art paper, not poster stock.

I can confirm this. A 22" x 30" sheet of drawing paper goes for about $10 each where I live, but the texture is a hell of a lot better than if I drew something stock.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, but the poster is glossy isn't it? :I
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    The new print is not glossy, it's matte.
  • edited August 2007
    Also, just to confirm... it's 11"x17" from the edges of the paper not the picture right? I read somewhere else someone saying the poster print was 12" x 18" so I was a little confused. I want to make sure I get the right frame for it.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that the price was unfair, just that it was out of my budget :p
  • edited August 2007
    Oke doke. :I
  • edited August 2007
    www.pictureframes.com have a wide selection of picture frames. :)
  • edited August 2007
    I'd rather not buy it online though. I can find better deals in stores. Plus I think Michaels has a coupon in their flyer every other week for %50 off custom framing
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I'd rather not buy it online though. I can find better deals in stores. Plus I think Michaels has a coupon in their flyer every other week for %50 off custom framing

It's an everyday promotion. If you are buying only one thing, you get 40% off your total. I exploited that way too often when I was in Painting 1 and kept running out of white paint.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    The paper size is 12x18. Anyone who told you otherwise is a liar.

(our store was lying to you for a bit, there, but it's not anymore)
  • edited August 2007
    You guys keep the goods comin our way, i'll keep sending cash your way, and happily too! Telltale is my favorite game company because of all this and the massive respect you seem to give your customers. If only you were currently hiring artists so I could join in the fun! :P
  • edited August 2007
    Ah, great. As if my previous order for the Season One disc, Case File, Soundtrack, and Sam & Max Sketchbook wasn't enough, you had to add even more items that I want! I placed an order for the Sam & Max: The Effigy Mound and the Poster Print (signed) today as well. :eek:

But it's cool. I love Sam & Max to death, I'll gladly buy anything that comes out from them. I also can't wait for the Surfin' the Highway reprint. :D

Keep up the great work guys! My wallet is crying, but I couldn't be happier. :)
  • edited August 2007
    All new staff MUST HAVE everyman, who loves Max(and sam):cool:!!!

P/S/ Common, Telltale, MORE... MORE... MORE...

:D
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm.. Well, I'm gonna buy that poster, although i think it's way too small.. But only to scan it, and make a GIANT POSTER.. Hope this is going to work ^^
  • edited August 2007
    sigh ... its a print ...hehe
  • edited August 2007
    I have a technical question about the print: Is it a screen print or a printer print?

I'm thinking it's a high-resolution printer print, because to create a screen print from what was originally a water color painting would just be grossly expensive.
  • edited August 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    sigh ... its a print ...hehe

lol.. i know now!
    Andyway, the important ting is, that the artwork rocks, and that i'm gonna have a giant poster(!) with the same artwork (i hope so)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.