New Products!!!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    But it's art! It's mean't to be framed! :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    I have a technical question about the print: Is it a screen print or a printer print?

I'm thinking it's a high-resolution printer print, because to create a screen print from what was originally a water color painting would just be grossly expensive.

As far as I know it's acrylic, pencil, and gouache*, or something, not watercolor. And the prints were done on a gigantic proper 4-color press, not a pro grade ink jet or something.

* admittedly a water based paint, but not technically watercolor :)
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    But it's art! It's mean't to be framed! :P

It would be a crime not to frame the poster, especially one that Purcell signed! The air would ruin it and it would get all funky if it wasn't framed. Plus it would look a lot worse. :( I spent $35 just to frame mine. :)
  • edited August 2007
    please do not order too much copies, my credit card is locked until Aug, 10th.
    (I am building a new pc for bioshock). then I'm gonna give you all my money for posters, hats, gimmicks, condoms with bunny ears and inflatable dog tails.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    the prints were done on a gigantic proper 4-color press, not a pro grade ink jet or something.

And somehow you were able to keep the price down to $15?! You guys continue to amaze me.
    edited August 2007
    That's what happens when you print a lot of them :P
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    That's what happens when you print a lot of them :P

How many copies were signed?

Also, is the signature done individually by Steve on each poster, or printed on?
  • edited August 2007
    I'm pretty sure they're hand signed.
    edited August 2007
    He signs them all in pencil. I think he signed about 100 right now, but plans on signing more.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    He actually only signed 35 for us so far, and those are on their way to the warehouse. We'll be getting more.
  • edited August 2007
    Oh, hopefully I wont miss out, what with my whole shipping fee re-ordering crisis thing! :)
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    He actually only signed 35 for us so far, and those are on their way to the warehouse. We'll be getting more.

Haw! I think you're going to need more then that. :) Unless Purcell wants them to be rare, you could easily sell several hundred signed posters. Hell, I'm thinking about buying a couple extra signed posters besides the one I'm going to frame and either laminating them or sealing them temporarily airtight. They will be worth considerably more in the future, absolutely.
  • edited August 2007
    I just got two one for me and one for my brother.. but a second spare for myself does seem nice. Ill wait however for others to place orders XD
  • edited August 2007
    Hmmm, maybe after we get our posters and stuff, we should all go around on various message boards on the internet and tell people to try out the demos for Sam & Max? :D Is it illegal to create your own market for goods by doing free advertising, thereby increasing demand and prices for collectibles? :I
  • edited August 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe after we get our posters and stuff, we should all go around on various message boards on the internet and tell people to try out the demos for Sam & Max? :D Is it illegal to create your own market for goods by doing free advertising, thereby increasing demand and prices for collectibles? :I

A street team would be dope! get the demo downloads up! :)
  • edited August 2007
    Just as long as nobody thinks we are planting bombs. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Oh yeah, Homeland security and the FBI would be on our asses in no time. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Darnit, nearly out of cash D: save a sketchbook for meeee!

Hehe, just kidding. Not too long until I start earning again (probably next month) so hopefully I'll be able to get one in time. If not, I really hope you get another bunch in (like you did with the first sketchbook. I think I missed the first lot of that one but managed to get one from the second lot :3)
  • edited August 2007
    I actually second a street team idea but for all telltale products :P
  • edited August 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    I actually second a street team idea but for all telltale products :P
    connorposseya2.gif
  • edited August 2007
    Well I vote first task for our makeshift street team is to get as many people to write amazon reviews for the sam & max retail release
    edited August 2007
    Good idea! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Well I vote first task for our makeshift street team is to get as many people to write amazon reviews for the sam & max retail release

Five star Amazon reviews.
    Of course, for me, reader reviews on Amazon don't mean much. I had to go through several hundred pages just to find a sub-*** rating.
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    The only concern I have with a 'street team' is that I think it would be difficult to find that balance between telling people about something you really like and believe in and looking like a viral marketer. I think it's all in how many people hit a forum, etc. at one time and how you word things.
  • edited August 2007
    Well it all depends, I do alot of street team work for bands and have so back in the day (getting old). As long as you dont go run out and demand everyone pray to one almighty telltale god and that alone people dont mind opinions. Hate preaching and adverts dont mind opinions. Ive told everyone and their uncle about telltale games I love and ive easily sold a few hundred because of that alone. Anyway arent all street teams kinda not really official even if they say they are ? hehe. And I agree mel its all in how you word it, good marketers sound like friends! its scary! Steve!? long time buddy! ..do I know you? Sure man we talked 2 years ago hows the daughter? fine... who is this again? Oh its tim... tim blah blah, im calling about your long distance plan. AHHH RUN! gave him more than 30 seconds! see see! EBIL! <--- misspell copyright of Bobby Boucher's mama
  • edited August 2007
    So it turns out I got paid that week and not this week like I thought, so my copy of the book is on its way!
    edited August 2007
    So, who's going to be the first person to post a review on Amazon? :D

Amazon does a sales ranking of games. Right now Sam & Max is #51 for PC games. It'd be cool if we could get it within the first 25 so it shows up on the first page. :)
  • edited August 2007
    I will, after I get the DVD and stuff. :)
  • edited August 2007

Amazon does a sales ranking of games. Right now Sam & Max is #51 for PC games. It'd be cool if we could get it within the first 25 so it shows up on the first page. :)

Right now you are rank number 3,528 on the UK site...! :eek:
  • edited August 2007
    I was the first (and only) person to write a review for the first sketchbook! Would that count towards anything?

I would write one for The Effigy Mound, but Amazon doesn't have it in their database just yet.:D
  • edited August 2007
    I dont trust amazon .. three long bad stories... I will have to get my copy with a huge yellow or white BEST BUY sticker on it. Darnit. Also I know it must have been gone over but is there really multiple box covers.. one on ebay still had the flyswatter you said you werent going to use :P
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm, you must have bad luck. I've never had a problem with Amazon. : / At least they have Season One for an extremely low price ($7 less then retail!).
  • edited August 2007
    I've only had one problem with Amazon when someone sold me a bootleg copy of an out-of-print CD. But that's my fault. Thankfully, I reported the matter and the seller is nowhere to be found on Amazon anymore.:D
  • edited August 2007
    It's #36 on amazon now.

Amazing how starcraft is #5 after ten years
  • edited August 2007
    Starcraft is still insanely popular in Korea. Maybe it's the only game they sell there? : /
  • edited August 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Starcraft is still insanely popular in Korea. Maybe it's the only game they sell there? : /

It might be because they are bringing out a second game, so people might want to be checking out the first game.
  • edited August 2007
    On a side note, I found this drawing online I've never seen before (except recenty in black and white in the effigy mound) and I thought I'd share. I'm assuming it's from plunge through space. It's nice to see some full colour stuff from this awesome-y-sounding game.
    131242226_54c23b2d9d_o.jpg
  • edited August 2007
    Wow, very nice.

--Erwin
  • edited August 2007
    That's some nice art. Where d'ya find it?
    edited August 2007
    It's not from plunge through space, to my knowledge at least. It's a painting of Max as the guy from Sinistar, which Steve painted for one of the Iam8bit gallery shows a couple years ago.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.