Season Two - Trailer and Minisite are online!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
seasontwo_stinkys1.jpg
Woo, new stuff is live!

I want to direct your attention to this page here. It will be linked from the rest of the site momentarily, but... there you go :) Enjoy the trailer and other goodies.

Edit: Also, could you guys be so kind as to Digg this story, if you want? Thanks!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

edit: Just watched it. My mind has officially been blown. *mouth hangs open with eyes wide and slightly watered*
  • edited August 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    Yaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

edit: Just watched it. My mind has officially been blown. *mouth hangs open with eyes open and slightly watered*

Quoted for absolute and inarguable truth.
  • edited August 2007
    Awesome.

Looks like the robot from the beginning of Episode 5 has a body now.

I really loved the updated/pre-rendered graphics too. Usually that's of no concern to me, but this looked really great!

So, can we expect/dream regular updates to the mini-site every tuesday or something?
  • edited August 2007
    I am not ashamed to say I was squealing like a girl all the time I was watching that trailer. Pure awesome.

And an
    upgradable DeSoto
    you say? Can't wait to see how this turns out.
  • edited August 2007
    Wow that trailer looked good :eek::eek::) Seeing Flint Paper brought a tear to my eye :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2007
    I'm way excited for Flint Paper, but I really don't know why, since I've never actually seen him in anything but concept art. Has he ever appeared outside of the comics, or his voice in Hit the Road?
  • edited August 2007
    Like the night time environment.... nice shading on the trailer
  • edited August 2007
    Speaking of Flint, did anyone else notice he has a pair of scissors stuck in his back? A nice detail from the comics...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Wow that trailer looked good :eek::eek::) Seeing Flint Paper brought a tear to my eye :rolleyes:

As said in another thread, that is definitely a "cinematic trailer," which was created by the art dept going nuts without any programming/engine/hardware constraints. The real game will look much closer (identical to, even) the screenshots.

And yeah, the trailer does look awesome :)
  • edited August 2007
    ...AWESOME.

My mind has been blown. Flint Paper, a mysterious Mariachi, an upgradable DeSoto, a wide variety of new locations (likely designed with no reference material), and the Maimtron 9000 going berserk? It's almost too much for one guy to bear. Thanks, Telltale, for nearly causing my brain to shut down (but in a good way).

(On a side note, there should be a Warp Drive upgrade for the DeSoto with a description like "I'm not sure what this is, but it must be important.")
    I'm way excited for Flint Paper, but I really don't know why, since I've never actually seen him in anything but concept art. Has he ever appeared outside of the comics, or his voice in Hit the Road?

He was briefly mentioned in Abe Lincoln Must Die, but aside from that (and, of course, the comics and Hit the Road), he's been MIA until now.
  • edited August 2007
    best trailer ever (longer episodes this time maybe) that chase scene could be an amazing way to start the season
  • edited August 2007
    Flint Paper is
    beating up Chuckles
    ?
    edited August 2007
    pheeph wrote: »
    Flint Paper is
    beating up Chuckles
    ?
    pretend its a random dude. he's just beating up someone. maybe its Chuckles' corpse, if you want it to be, but that would be pretty nasty, even for Flint.
  • edited August 2007
    While I'm sure it would be easy enough to do specifically for the trailer, I wonder if the shot of the office door from the outside indicates an environment of Sam and Max's building interior?
  • edited August 2007
    I was about to post the bit about
    Flint beating up Chuckles.

I like to think it's Chuckles (given the fact that he moved his hands, he's either alive, or a zombie, which would be pretty cool now that I think about it), and that Flint's getting revenge on our behalf for all the crap he put us through in episodes 3 and 4 (because getting hit by a ballistic presidential monument isn't enough sometimes.)
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    While I'm sure it would be easy enough to do specifically for the trailer, I wonder if the shot of the office door from the outside indicates an environment of Sam and Max's building interior?

It would certainly make sense. How else would they reach Flint?
  • edited August 2007
    Woah...
    Bosco has legs...
    I always kind of figured he was just an animatronic torso staple-gunned onto a hunk of wood.
  • edited August 2007
    .............must..............get...........download............

Oh my god. That was the best thing i've ever seen. The animation was INSANE! I doubt it'll look that good in game, but WOW. They need to make a Sam & Max CGI TV series.
  • edited August 2007
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Woah...
    Bosco has legs...
    I always kind of figured he was just an animatronic torso staple-gunned onto a hunk of wood.

But...we saw his legs in Culture Shock...
    xChri5x wrote: »
    .............must..............get...........download............

Oh my god. That was the best thing i've ever seen. The animation was INSANE! I doubt it'll look that good in game, but WOW. They need to make a Sam & Max CGI TV series.

More like a movie. Maybe even two sequels.
  • edited August 2007
    But...we saw his legs in Culture Shock...

And hey, anyone remember this from this?
  • edited August 2007
    That animation was movie quality, I'm thoroughly impressed. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    And hey, anyone remember this from this?

Clearly an impostor.

Great animation. I hope we get to see more! Oh, and the game :D
  • edited August 2007
    Sweet mother of the Golden Girls from the episode too raunchy to air on TV!! That was epic!

And it was nice to see Pete's Battle Robot in all its glory too!!
  • edited August 2007
    Nice call on adding that bit about the screenshots and FAQ. :p
    That shot of Jimmy in the ring has me thoroughly intrigued!
  • edited August 2007
    that looks awesome, and i dont even know who this Flint character is :D
  • edited August 2007
    Just got a good look analyzing the screen shots.

You are so going to get letters because of
    that Hot Momma Mother Taressa picture in Stinky's
    . :D
    edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Just got a good look analyzing the screen shots.

You are so going to get letters because of
    that Hot Momma Mother Taressa picture in Stinky's
    . :D

there are other things.
  • edited August 2007
    So I was just thinking about it right now. It seems like everyone from the neighborhood in season one has become a big family. Fun. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    there are other things.
    You mean like the
    head shot of Wizzer on the wall
    in the trailer?
  • edited August 2007
    Or do you mean like
    meat loving Gandhi
    ? :p
  • edited August 2007
    Yay! Now I can download it! It's mine, ALL MINE!! >:D

Erm..um...yeah. '-'
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    And yet I still can't figure out what those other two images are on Bosco's wall that replaced the lotto tickets.
    One is of the Skinbodies car, the other is of Sybil's office. Chances are he got so freaked out in the last season, he considers everyone in the neighborhood a threat and/or that everyone he knows on the level that he knows Sam & Max on is out to get him, if not Sam & Max themselves.

Here's hoping we see Sam put his hand in his pockets in the actual gameplay videos like he did in the trailer!
  • edited August 2007
    I love the cinematic trailer... can't wait for the Fall!!!
  • edited August 2007
    This:
    http://x2c.xanga.com/fccc2b06c7437144489599/b106935276.bmp

Remind me of this:
    http://www.savesamandmax.com/images/ss5.jpg

Let Max do all the dirty work.

Sam & Max are timeless
  • edited August 2007
    Oh it is a brilliant trailer, that's for sure. One may even assume it's coming to a cinema screen near you....

Heck, if they could do a great movie like 'Hoodwinked' without too much custom CGI, a Sam and Max movie made with the Telltale Engine should be great :)
  • edited August 2007
    If they do the shorts for season two I really hope they do them like this.
  • edited August 2007
    loved it and did digg it !
  • edited August 2007
    Bloody brilliant! Between the alley rats and Flint Paper with a knife (?) sticking out of his back, we're really starting to get that darkish grimy feel that people have been wanting. It's also nice to see Sam in trigger-happy mode. Not to mention the fact that the trailer is much more dynamic than anything we've seen so far.
    I never doubted that season two was going to be brilliant, but now I don't just know it, I feel it. Bring it on! :D
  • edited August 2007
    aofetnvmdkdsh.
    That's right, I'm lost for words. That trailer was so awesome. I can't wait for Season 2! I love you, Telltale. :D
  • edited August 2007
    Is there a download link? I want to be able to watch it over and over :D Fantastic trailer!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.