Season Two - Trailer and Minisite are online!

Comments

• edited September 2007
    shall be a jolly episode
  • edited September 2007
    Oh Santa... that little bugger
  • edited September 2007
    the FAQ wrote:
    What will they cost?
    If you played Season One, you've heard this all before. Any individual episode of Sam & Max will run you just $8.95. Or, if you'd like, you can order the whole season in one go for just $34.95 (a savings of around $10 over guying the episodes individually), and we'll email you a download link for each episode as it's available. And, just like last year, if you order the full season set, once the season's over we'll send you a hard copy of the games on an extras-filled DVD for nothing more than the cost of shipping you the disc.

Hehe, guying...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    don't know what you're talking about...
    edited September 2007
    Unrelated to anything and everything... People keep talking about who they do and don't want to see coming back in Season Two... One thing that I think is totally awesome about doing games in "seasons" is that, really, we have a complete year's worth of characters who we can bring back at will, but we're also, at the same time, spending this entire year making batches of new characters for every episode.

What I think is cool about it all, is that once a character's original episode is gone, their time in the spotlight might be over, (... then again it might not, of course) but that doesn't mean they're done with.

For instance, if you look at the street in Season Two, just from what we've shown you guys of 201, it's now totally full of life thanks to all of the characters from Season One. We've got Bosco, Sybil, and Jimmy from before, but now we've also got Stinky, Lincoln, the Bug, and Flint. That's a ton of cast just hanging around in the recurring environments (and adding an increasingly "Classic Sam & Max" flavor to the place), and that's just in episode one!... (And we haven't revealed all the characters in those places yet, even within the first episode!)

As you explore out into new 201-specific environments, you'll meet a bunch of new character as well - as many new characters as you would meet in any new Sam & Max episode... the cast is just becoming giant, and I think that's really awesome, as in my opinion, the more personalities Sam & Max have to bounce off of, the better the game will be.
  • edited September 2007
    Does that mean we'll eventually see Bald Brady Culture?
  • edited September 2007
    Zeek wrote: »

That would be fun, especialy since he is bald now. But I must say, Brady isn't high on my list of possible recurring characters. I would rather see some Toy-mafiosi, Harry Moleman or Superbal.
    On the other hand, of several people we already know they will return and they include the most funny/likeable characters. Namely the Sodapoppers, Abe, the C.O.P.S. and the bug.
  • edited September 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    As you explore out into new 201-specific environments, you'll meet a bunch of new character as well - as many new characters as you would meet in any new Sam & Max episode... the cast is just becoming giant, and I think that's really awesome, as in my opinion, the more personalities Sam & Max have to bounce off of, the better the game will be.

Going for the Simpson-style "cast of thousands" approach? Sounds good to me! :D
  • edited September 2007

For instance, if you look at the street in Season Two, just from what we've shown you guys of 201, it's now totally full of life thanks to all of the characters from Season One. We've got Bosco, Sybil, and Jimmy from before, but now we've also got Stinky, Lincoln, the Bug, and Flint. That's a ton of cast just hanging around in the recurring environments (and adding an increasingly "Classic Sam & Max" flavor to the place), and that's just in episode one!... (And we haven't revealed all the characters in those places yet, even within the first episode!)

Yep..this is very good
  • edited September 2007
    Hey, hey, when can we pre-order the whole season? :D
  • edited September 2007
    It looks great! Im just annoyed about the soda poppers being there D8
    edited September 2007

In some form, yes :D
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    It looks great! Im just annoyed about the soda poppers being there D8

What would an Episode One be without the Soda Poppers?
  • edited September 2007

*glares* Pre-ordering calls. *more glaring* ;)

Edit - Agreed with Jake. I love the Soda Poppers. 'More than Jerks' is one of my favourite S&M songs.
  • edited September 2007
    My money's on "skeleton." ;) Oh! Or "wearing a variety of conspicuous wigs a la Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor"! I guess we'll see...

What would an Episode One be without the Soda Poppers?

What's a word that means the opposite of "irritating"? :p
  • edited September 2007
    So if we look above LuigiHann's post... ;)
  • edited September 2007
    please say the soda popper are only in one episode D8 sorry for being annoying but I just don't like them.
  • edited September 2007
    One less episode this time? Ah well, that's exactly five better than zero.
  • edited September 2007
    Hey it would be awesome if you could open preorders right now, the Aussie dollar is at an 18-year high so it would make it heaps cheaper for me!
  • edited October 2007
    azza29 wrote: »
    Hey it would be awesome if you could open preorders right now, the Aussie dollar is at an 18-year high so it would make it heaps cheaper for me!

Agreed, minus the whole thing about the Aussie dollar.
  • edited October 2007
    Now this is pure speculation, but I think they want to give a few copies away in a contest first (and don't want their most loyal fans to pre-order before getting a chance to win it for free). They do like contests, and I'm running out of other plausible reasons.
  • edited October 2007
    yeah... they are going to hold a contest for the best contest idea, the winner of the winning contest will get a chance to enter the contest where they can win a free season 2 package... followed by the flaming lightning round of death contest where they can get their contest autographed by steve purcell

did i just make your mind explode with flavor?.... good

P.S.
    CONTEST!!!!!
  • edited October 2007
    I'm all for contests! Especially since I've never won anything my life... *pity vote* ;)
  • edited October 2007

second this! the season would be great value right now!
  • edited October 2007
    buying from the US can work out much better, particularly with games. here in Aus, we pay alot more than most other countries even after conversion
  • edited October 2007
    Well they are releasing the boxed version of season 1 here for $70. If I buy it directly from telltale it works out about $40.. games are normally $100 here, they like to rip us off.. :(
  • edited October 2007
    next gen console games can have a retail of $110 (or more), its absolute BS
  • edited October 2007
    Now you know why I stopped playing console games.
  • edited October 2007
    Wait, is this 100 USD, or 100 Australian dollars?

The difference only comes out to about 10 USD, though, so I'm not sure why I'm asking, it's still a ripoff.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    P.S.
    CONTEST!!!!!

Contest?
  • edited October 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Contest?

No, a contest.
  • edited October 2007
    i was going to bust out the christmas lights a little early this year.... when i noticed that the cost of buying enough lights and the cost of powering a giant max head silhouette on my roof, (big enough to be visble from jetliners and helicopters in the air) with the word "MAX" under it (for the entire holiday season) would cost well over $800 :eek:

also.... getting a picture would be a little problematic, unless it somehow gets on the news ;) as it probably will.... because that many lights is sure to set my roof on fire.... in which case, i would not be eligable to win :rolleyes:
    local cops would probably yell at (and fine) me as well....

so unless i get a better idea (that costs under $100, rofl), i am going to sit this one out :(
  • edited October 2007
    Everything so far looks fantastic. Love the Design of the new Diner! I like to see more Screenshots...
  • edited October 2007
    im stinging for a new update
  • edited October 2007
    1 month to go!
  • edited October 2007
    God, it's going to be a long month...
  • edited October 2007
    Time is rolling by slower then a bunch of tired, drunken slugs dippped in honey and molasses

c'on telltale.... wheres the love? (gave us a wallpaper or something)
  • edited October 2007
    A MP3 of Stinky's would suffice...
  • edited October 2007

Oooo, yes...........
  • edited October 2007

*looks at Telltale with big puppy dog eyes*
    edited October 2007