Season Two - Trailer and Minisite are online!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    FLINTTTTT!!! I squealed in girlish glee upon seeing his chiseled mug

This looks awesome.. man i'm excited
  • edited August 2007
    Luv it, luv it, luhuv it ! The new Trailer is absolutely amazing ! Flint Paper once again proves to be indestructible by beating the Sh*t out of Chuckles while having a dagger lodged in his back. Sybil and Abe are still a thing(good to see he stopped Hyperventilating). Both Jimmy and Bosco are up to their old tricks again. Realy nice how the Old President tried to get his head back.

Judging by the Desoto, Max lost the election to the other guy. Only thing I couldn't place is the guy in the Shadows with the Sombrero and the guitar. Who might that be ?
  • edited August 2007
    The thing that has got me really excited is that we know Telltale listen to their fans, so Season 2 is going to be even better than Season 1 as they can learn from their mistakes. :D
  • edited August 2007
    OH, MEN!
    I can't wait for its release, I'm salivating here!
    Flint Paper, more NPCs, MINIGAMES!!!! And the possibility of turning down the hint system (it reminded me of lots of us complaining about that in the forums :D). Woooohoooooo!!!:D:D:D
  • edited August 2007
    Only thing I couldn't place is the guy in the Shadows with the Sombrero and the guitar. Who might that be ?
    The Season Villian?
  • edited August 2007
    Judging by the Desoto, Max lost the election to the other guy. Only thing I couldn't place is the guy in the Shadows with the Sombrero and the guitar. Who might that be ?

There couldn't of been! There is Canada and it's connection, lower saswatchestkan.
  • edited August 2007
    This.. is... so... coool!! :D Great trailer telltale, love to see flint again!
  • edited August 2007
    Looking really good, can't wait! I had to do some research though to figure out when 'Fall' (or Autumn) was since I live in the southern hemisphere so we wouldn't get it until March which would be 2008 and that'd make even less sense
  • edited August 2007
    I could only find one panel where flint has a knife in his back. I always thought it was scissors for some reason.
    w106998984.jpg

This would make a great puzzle. Sam & Max needing the knife and having to pull it out of his back.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Fall (in the hemisphere where we live) is September 21 - December 21. We will launch episode 1 sometime within that timeframe. :D

EDIT: Also the downloadable version will be up next week. For now you have to watch it through the Sam & Max drive-in. :)
  • edited August 2007
    So I take it that we should expect episodes to be released around the same time as the Season One episodes were?
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Fall (in the hemisphere where we live) is September 21 - December 21. We will launch episode 1 sometime within that timeframe. :D

EDIT: Also the downloadable version will be up next week. For now you have to watch it through the Sam & Max drive-in. :)

Ah, that isn't too long to wait, then. :) I'll set myself the aim to complete Mario Strikers Charged by then.
  • edited August 2007
    Ah, that isn't too long to wait, then. :) I'll set myself the aim to complete Mario Strikers Charged by then.

i aim not to be engulfed by oblivion by then (and i'll be back at school then, yay a levels)
  • edited August 2007
    Awesome trailer! It looks like Season 2 is going to be great :D
  • edited August 2007
    Well, it looks like they took in my suggestion on having some more NPCs roaming on the street to make the game feel more interactive.

Or did they? Maybe they thought of that since season 1 but they just didn't have the time and the money to do all those NPCs? ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Maybe there could be an NPC of Steve Purcell or one of the Telltale team (with a different name)? :D
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Jared as a music critic in Embarrassing Idol, who trashes the music and lyrics performed by another NPC (Whose voice is provided by himself, not to say that he is trashing his music)
  • edited August 2007
    But...we saw his legs in Culture Shock...
    Really? I don't seem to recall.
  • edited August 2007
    When can I start giving you money in exchange of ability to download bits organized in very specific manner (forming the game)? :D
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    This is probably a stupid question but will Jared Emerson-Johnson be doing the music for Season Two as well?
  • edited August 2007
    Kraken wrote: »
    When can I start giving you money in exchange of ability to download bits organized in very specific manner (forming the game)? :D

I agree. I'd like to pre-order the whole season right now, regardless if we know a release date or not! :D
    Mel wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but will Jared Emerson Johnson be doing the music for Season Two as well?

I sure hope so. His music is excellent.
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I could only find one panel where flint has a knife in his back. I always thought it was scissors for some reason.
    w106998984.jpg

This would make a great puzzle. Sam & Max needing the knife and having to pull it out of his back.

Doesn't the guy on the right look like some Hitler caricature.

No threads complete without the Hitler reference!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but will Jared Emerson-Johnson be doing the music for Season Two as well?

He is doing the music! He composed the music you hear in the trailer, in fact.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »

I just mis-read that as the toilet. Haha. :D
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007

Cool! :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    I just mis-read that as the toilet. Haha. :D

He might do that, too. Who knows.
  • edited August 2007
    I can say only a word...AAAAHHHHH!!!!:eek:
    Super!:cool:
    But...why the game graphic isn't the same of the trailer? That one was superb!

:D
  • edited August 2007
    Mystinsun wrote: »
    I can say only a word...AAAAHHHHH!!!!:eek:
    Super!:cool:
    But...why the game graphic isn't the same of the trailer? That one was superb!

:D

as that would be more expensive and not as many would be able to play it (oblivion quality). i would like it too
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    as that would be more expensive and not as many would be able to play it (oblivion quality). i would like it too

Or making it possible by changing the graphic's options?:confused:
  • edited August 2007
    Mystinsun wrote: »
    Or making it possible by changing the graphic's options?:confused:

it costs more to construct a more complex and powerful engine
  • edited August 2007
    Nobody's graphic options go up that high ;) There's a big difference between what a computer can render in real-time and what a computer can painstakingly render over an extended period of time. Am I right? I do hope that they have an episode taking place at night like that, because it looks brilliant.

Also, Sybil and Abe ordered an apple, a wedge of cheese, and a can of soda? What kind of date is that?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Yes, you're right. That trailer was rendered in bits and pieces, sometimes overnight.
    Also, Sybil and Abe ordered an apple, a wedge of cheese, and a can of soda? What kind of date is that?

He doesn't have a stomach, and she's a health-conscious Jitter addict.

Also
    the artists had to choose among the food assets we already had, and from those they had to choose foods that could bounce around without making a mess...
  • edited August 2007
    In fact, I believe it was render farmed out to a few machines overnight.

Also, apples and cheese are a perfectly valid pairing. Not sure about the soda, though.
  • edited August 2007
    (Save as if using Firefox) And for those that want to download now. You'll need something that can play flv files or convert it to another format.

Also. Watching it, it made me want one thing. Day night cycle based on your system clock? Or at least some night time action (ewww).

Also FLINT PAPER!
  • edited August 2007
    Only thing I couldn't place is the guy in the Shadows with the Sombrero and the guitar. Who might that be ?

Mysterious character cool! :D Maybe he gets to the locations and solves crimes before sam & max..a real rival.. maybe he's a psychic.. maybe he's involved in some great big global warming cover up government conspiracy..maybe i'm insane and I just don't realise it..
  • edited August 2007
    I sort of thought the Sombrero guy looked a little bit like Stan from Monkey Island, but my brother thinks I'm losing it (I know it wouldn't be, but I thought it looked like his anyway).
  • edited August 2007
    Knowing Telltale, he's probably not important at all and is just a flavor NPC that pops up in the neighborhood every now and then. :P
  • edited August 2007
    He might do that, too. Who knows.

Ah yes, the famous symphonic toilet.
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    In fact, I believe it was render farmed out to a few machines overnight.
    Pixar's Render Farm maybe?:p
  • edited August 2007
    I'm thinking about sending my old polygons to stud at Pixar's Render Farm.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.