Season Two - Trailer and Minisite are online!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Pixar's Render Farm maybe?:p

Don't say stuff like that! If you do, it'll only get my hopes up that a Pixar-made Sam & Max movie is in the works... :(
  • edited August 2007
    More like our animators' computers, sorry :)
  • edited August 2007
    Awww... :( So much for Steve pulling some strings so you guys can use their RenderMan stuff like all the other major motion picture studios.
  • edited August 2007
    Awww... :( So much for Steve pulling some strings so you guys can use their RenderMan stuff like all the other major motion picture studios.

Telltale is a major motion picture studio!?!?!?! :confused: WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS!!!!!

:p
  • edited August 2007
    You will not turn a fanboy out of me, Tellta.... too late...
  • edited August 2007
    Not working for me, the trailer, it stays a blank canvas and i'm already out of popcorn...

If someone else is experiencing such problems too, i made an external link to it (@ttg okay?):

http://guckmal.lurulu.de/sam.html

And hey good trailer! I especially liked the part were agent superball got punched, the stylish snapshots and the HL2 like ending.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I sort of thought the Sombrero guy looked a little bit like Stan from Monkey Island, but my brother thinks I'm losing it (I know it wouldn't be, but I thought it looked like his anyway).

Just imagine it - Sam & Max creep up to him in the shadows, tap him on the shoulder, he slowly turns round into the light and.... it's Stan! :D
  • edited August 2007
    The first time I saw the sombrero guy, I thought it was Brady Culture using a sombrero to hide his baldness. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Anyone else spot the way the 'A' in the 'SAM & MAX' logo at the top of the page flickers occasionally? I was expecting easter eggage, but to no avail...
  • edited August 2007
    Just imagine it - Sam & Max creep up to him in the shadows, tap him on the shoulder, he slowly turns round into the light and.... it's Stan! :D

I doubt it's Stan. As fun of a guy Stan is, he's not this 'wide'. Besides Lucas Arts probably has some copyright or another on him to prevent other people from using him.
  • edited August 2007
    Anyone else spot the way the 'A' in the 'SAM & MAX' logo at the top of the page flickers occasionally? I was expecting easter eggage, but to no avail...

Yeah, it's probably an animated GIF or something. I was in the same boat as you, moving my mouse over to it expecting to see a link or something, but nothing.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    The first time I saw the sombrero guy, I thought it was Brady Culture using a sombrero to hide his baldness. :)

Me too, but looking more closely, the face is too round for Brady.

mexguy.png
  • edited August 2007
    It still amazes me how Hugh Bliss's face is no longer on the moon.
    I wonder how that happened.
  • edited August 2007
    It still amazes me how Hugh Bliss's face is no longer on the moon.
    I wonder how that happened.
    the moon rotated exactly 180 degrees, stranger things have happened in sam and max (you know like a dog that is 6' and walks on his back legs and has hands that can shoot a gun and he can also talk)
  • edited August 2007
    I doubt it's Stan. As fun of a guy Stan is, he's not this 'wide'. Besides Lucas Arts probably has some copyright or another on him to prevent other people from using him.

I know, it's a shame really. And I'm sure LucasArts do have a copyright on him. :(
  • edited August 2007
    Wow, this looks aaaaaaaaawesome!
  • edited August 2007

http://www.telltalegames.com/images/franchise/samandmax2/flicker_a.gif

Case closed. I'll take easily readable HTML over restrictive Flash any day! ;)
  • edited August 2007
    Anyone else notice the "Incredibles" soundtrack reference @ 1:06-1:08? You can't miss the main theme. Sounds like a sequenced trombone is playing it.

Very tricky, Jared, very Tricky.
  • edited August 2007
    Didn't hear it, and even if it was in there, a 2 second sample isn't long enough to register that kind of a refferance given how hard those bongo drums are.

Hey, random thought, but will Max do the Dukes of Hazzard animation in Season 2 anywhere? That would be an awesome cut scene to have in the game right before a big chance!:D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Sp0tted wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the "Incredibles" soundtrack reference @ 1:06-1:08? You can't miss the main theme. Sounds like a sequenced trombone is playing it.

Very tricky, Jared, very Tricky.

I don't think that's what it is... even though it is in a similar style to a lot of the Incredibles soundtrack at points. But, I mean, maybe it is!
  • edited August 2007
    omg that trailer had me creaming my nether regions..
    the lighting in the office was so awesome

oh please oh please please can you have the office lit at a dark coolsy blue...
    the way the wall looks under it is phenomenal... if i spelt that right.. oh boy!
    if not.. well make it maroon lighting then.. MUWAHAHAHA THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEIGH!
    okay not really... but that trailler was AWWWEEEEE SOOOMMEE *high squeeky voice*
  • edited August 2007
    :eek:that trailer is...don't know...pretty good. well, actually it's a lot more than that, but i don't think the right words have been invented yet. - are words really invented or just made up? -
    anyway, i'm going to preorder season 2 asap. hopefully it will show some of the dynamic movements seen in the trailer.
    also, i'm pretty glad that flint paper will make an appearance. on the other hand i hope he will not be involved to much, since from what i've seen so far he really is just the guy next door beating up people, not a main character. if he will be part of a puzzle, it should be something like tricking some guy you need some item from to wander into flints office and then getting it after flint dealt with him.
  • edited August 2007
    *faints* OMG Its looks amazing im so excited squuee you guys have really out done yourselfs!

EDIT Oh and the graphics look really good! and looking at the screenshots Boscos paranoia is actually scaring me now 0_o its was funny lol is that infared?
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    When will pricing details and pre-ordering be available?
    My credit card is happily awaiting, btw
  • edited August 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    When will pricing details and pre-ordering be available?
    My credit card is happily awaiting, btw

I think everyone is dieing to pre-order it. :D
  • edited August 2007
    I think everyone is dieing to pre-order it. :D

Hopefully they made enough copies so the pre-orders don't sell out in five minutes.
  • edited August 2007
    Hopefully they made enough copies so the pre-orders don't sell out in five minutes.

And what exactly will they be selling out of?
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »

Pixels
  • edited August 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Pixels

D'oh! I guess I had Sufin' the Highway on my head when I read that and thought this was the thread about buying the re-release of the collection. I'm an foo'!:o
  • edited August 2007
    I'm sure Surfin' the Highway won't be limited too much. I can't see Steve waiting over Ten years to re-release this only to have it be limited and wait another 10 years for it to come out again.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't think that's what it is... even though it is in a similar style to a lot of the Incredibles soundtrack at points. But, I mean, maybe it is!

Could be coincidental... but I either way, it's in there.
  • edited August 2007
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    Oh and the graphics look really good! and looking at the screenshots Boscos paranoia is actually scaring me now 0_o its was funny lol is that infared?

no infrared is a type of light which isn't inside the visible frequencies (just outside the frequencies of visible light in fact), it's just an awesome red light used to create atmosphere (or just look cool)
  • edited September 2007
    omg that trailer had me creaming my nether regions..

Okay, now I'm scared.
  • edited September 2007
    Just a thought - there seems to be a lot of inside jokes in the trailer. Is it going to create the same feeling of excitement in newcomers as it does in the current fans?
  • edited September 2007
    Inside jokes? I mean yeah, there are references to the previous season that could spoil some aspects of it for newcomers, but I don't think anyone would be lost in watching the trailer. It's not like a disembodied Abe Lincoln head would be any more out of place in the Sam & Max universe if it didn't have a backstory.
  • edited September 2007
    He kind of was in Curse of Monkey Island.
  • edited September 2007
    Just a thought - there seems to be a lot of inside jokes in the trailer. Is it going to create the same feeling of excitement in newcomers as it does in the current fans?

I actually had the same concern. I suppose this is only a preview trailer and more will come when the release date is revealed/we are closed to EP. 1
  • edited September 2007
    There is no excuse to play Season 2 and not play Season 1! :eek: ;)
  • edited September 2007
    Sp0tted wrote: »
    I actually had the same concern. I suppose this is only a preview trailer and more will come when the release date is revealed/we are closed to EP. 1

I was wondering if not showing important things like the actual gameplay was a mistake, but presumably some marketing team out there knows much more about this kind of thing than I do. Maybe it's more important just to raise awareness with an impressive trailer, then allow people to look into it further and discover what kind of game it is for themselves.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.