Decal Count

edited January 2010 in Sam & Max
A spin off of the Torture Me Elmer Death Toll thread, I'm just curious. How many decals do you have and what of?

I can only get one, and it is of
the Torture Me Elmer doll
. :( I know, I stink.

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Besides the
    three levels of the Elmer decal
    , there are four other ones:
    - Bowling: Get a strike when the bowling pins appear
    - Cheese: Shoot the cheese that crosses the street
    - Piano: Shoot the piano hanging from a building
    - Zeppelin: Shoot the zeppelin flying overhead
    Get all decals for an extra-special car upgrade.
  • edited November 2007
    Can you do that WITHOUT having to play the mini-game?
  • edited November 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Can you do that WITHOUT having to play the mini-game?

Nope.

I've got all the decals. :)
  • edited November 2007
    Ooooo, nice upgrade... I wonder if it will carry over into Episode 2... one can only hope!
  • edited November 2007
    The potential carry-over is one reason I'm replaying to finish the finale with the upgrade. Which would make more sense if Episode 2 wasn't two months away, I know, but it's a nice excuse, anyway. :)
  • edited November 2007
    Question: how do you claim the decals? I didn't see the option for it when I returned to the COPS. I completed 2 of the post Horseman Elmer trials (40 and 50)
    Never mind. found out. (was kinda avoiding the topics that could possibly be spoilers for the game as I hadn't finished it when I posted. :))
  • edited November 2007
    What is that upgrade supposed to be? Just looks like a box stuck to the hood. And I assume it doesnt actually do anything?:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2007
    It's a
    muscle car engine
    , and yes, it does nothing. It's just for aesthetics.
  • edited November 2007
    I have been trying for a straight hour and I haven't seen the
    zepplin
    Anything I need to know?
  • edited November 2007
    It's big and it flies overhead. It's not common, but if you see it, you'll know it.

Drive with your gun already out.
  • edited November 2007
    i think this is the hardest one. i saw it a few times and also tried to shoot it, but somehow always missed so i gave up on it. after playing some time, i tried again because there really was nothing else left..
  • edited November 2007
    The most difficult one for me was
    the bowling pins... and the cheese wheel.
  • edited November 2007
    Cheese wheel
    was easy for me. Still need
    Bowling pins and Zepplin tho
    :(
  • edited November 2007
    I got all of them in one ride!
  • edited November 2007
    ah, the zepplin. I was too focused on looking for other stuff to drive over. thanks for the tip!
  • edited December 2007
    For those of us who are too lazy, I mean, don't have enough time to incessantly play the minigame to earn all the decals (I'm not that good at running over Elmers either), could someone please post a screenshot of the Desoto with all the decals? I'd just like to see what they look like...
  • edited January 2008
    Here you go.

sammaxdecalssw4.th.jpg

And the elmers aren't that hard. Just go down the right hand side of the road (right on the sidewalk) hit up (or w) a couple of times to hit full speed, and just stay there till time runs out.
  • edited January 2008
    You get a better view of the decals if you just slow your car down during the driving sequence to the slowest it will go. When the car is parked, you can never get a good angle to see it, so I'm surprised you got that shot.
  • edited January 2008
    You can see it when you click on the car. Hover your mouse over the Desoto's back end when it's parked on your Street and you'll see the hover text "Decals". Click there and you get that angle. :)
  • edited January 2008
    God, the decals this time around where a little harder to get, particularly with the bagpipe stickers. Getting the Gold level was a bitch! I wonder if this thread had anything to do with it.

For the uninitiated, feel free to click the spoilers
    MONSTER TRUCK TIRE: Gun it at full speed and you should see one rolling pass an intersection.
    KITCHEN SINK: Someone is throwing it out from the upper right-hand side of the street. Travels towards the left. Appears when going at normal speed.
    TTG HOT AIR BALLOON: Same deal as with the blimp. Appears most often when you go at normal speed.
    STACK-O-CRAP: Same deal as the piano, but on the left side of the street now.
  • edited January 2008
    yeah.. 4 for destroying items, a 3 level "game" icon, and a bonus prize for getting them all is the pattern across the episodes

(also you can get the bonus prise for only completing the 3nd level of the game and getting the silver icon... but its all good, as the 4th game level (for the gold) is downright insane... )
  • edited January 2008
    Dear god.. I was afraid their were decals for the accordians.... I can't do the 1st one. :/

Love the guitar hero colored tracks that appear when you grab an accordian.

and got all the random object ones except for Stack of Crap. Saw it once, but then never saw again. Got Kitchen Sink just shooting randomly tho hoping I would accidentally shoot that Stack of Crap before it even spawned. :) I was "What the... How the heck did I get that?" lol
  • edited January 2008
    New decals in the new episode... hooray!

*edit* What is this
    Stack o' Crap
    ? It said I had collected every decal, but I had the
    safe
    instead. Am I missing something?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Love the guitar hero colored tracks that appear when you grab an accordian.

Hey thanks, I made those! (and John Drake wired it up)
  • edited January 2008
    Do the decals from 201 get carried over? Mine didn't.
  • edited January 2008
    Mine did, and the special bonus too.
  • edited January 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    *edit* What is this
    Stack o' Crap
    ? It said I had collected every decal, but I had the
    safe
    instead. Am I missing something?
    That's just what it's called in the game. It looks like you said it does.
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    yeah.. 4 for destroying items, a 3 level "game" icon, and a bonus prize for getting them all is the pattern across the episodes

(also you can get the bonus prise for only completing the 3nd level of the game and getting the silver icon... but its all good, as the 4th game level (for the gold) is downright insane... )
    I found out that, much like Guitar Hero, if you just barely pass it, you get the last decal. The Gold Decal level is the only one where I the meter is close to being gone by the time I finish it.

BTW, Jake, that level is just evil, what with the accordians sitting so close to the bagpipes to where you have to hit them just slightly with the wheels while the whole car avoids the accordian... while you're trying to switch lanes!!
  • edited January 2008
    umm... no it does not say "stack-o-crap" it says "SAFE CRACKED"

*Sighs*

and as long as you have not deleted the regestry entries for the game, your 201 stuff will carry over (i played 201 episode on GT, and even MY stuff carried over into the TT release of 202)

anyways, yes... the last level was devious, and the road game as a whole was fun... a fresh spin on the game from episode 1 (wich some found to be TOO easy) speaking of which, i dont hear anyone complaining now :p
    it almost makes me kinda paranoid to see what we have to do in the 3rd episode :eek: .....bring it on telltale :D
  • edited January 2008
    I thought the road game was way too hard! The Bronze level took me at least 30 tries.

Oddly, the Silver level took more like 2, and the Gold took about 5.

Next time, can it be a little easier, please?

PS - my decals and hood ornament transfered over properly, with one exception: the Torture Me Elmer decal was silver instead of gold. Did anyone else notice this?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    BTW, Jake, that level is just evil, what with the accordians sitting so close to the bagpipes to where you have to hit them just slightly with the wheels while the whole car avoids the accordian... while you're trying to switch lanes!!

Haha it's fun and awesome, though. I like that you get to play classic Sam & Max tunes.

Also, don't get me wrong here: Brendan and the gang designed the game, John Drake made it actually work. I literally only made the guitar hero inspired lights that flash up on the street, and the health bar. :) That's all I meant to imply in my earlier post. Making that stuff an actual game was the excellent work of everyone but me; I was just happy that someone noticed and appreciated the glowing guitar hero bars on the road :)
  • edited January 2008
    i'm just glad you didn't get over ambitious and force us to pick up our monitors an turn them 90 degrees in order to activate star power.
  • edited January 2008
    Nah. not the monitor. But the Keyboard. :D
  • edited January 2008
    Soup wrote: »
    i'm just glad you didn't get over ambitious and force us to pick up our monitors an turn them 90 degrees in order to activate star power.

The funny thing is that's what I thought the car horn would do if you kept it on the Desoto.

That reminds me, If I put the car horn back on the Desoto after finishing the puzzle that uses it, will it transfer over to 203?:p The horseman hood orniment made sense, as it "disappear'd," but I'd like it if the horn transfered over alone with all the other Desoto goodies.
  • edited January 2008
    would be nice, since it totally doesn't match the muscle-car engine...
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    would be nice, since it totally doesn't match the muscle-car engine...

Well, neither does the dashboard hula girl, but still.

I'm just waiting for the cheesey antenna ball to be added.:D
  • edited January 2008
    i had to go through the game a couple times on the first round to see everything, but i finally got everything!. id say
    the kitchen sink
    was the hardest to get/notice
  • edited January 2008
    I now have all decals from both episodes. :)
  • edited January 2008
    Screenshot?
  • edited January 2008
    Sure. My 201 decals didn't carry over into 202, so here they are separately:
    ju7i80.png
    34yupuv.png
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Hey Guybrush, would you mind going back to 201 and replaying the driving game to try and get one or two decals? I'm curious to see if they will then show up in 202.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.