Decal Count

124»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I got all the decals.
  • edited April 2008
    I made sure to export the reg key in case i had to reinstall, which was lucky because windows got hosed.
  • edited April 2008
    I wonder if we will have to go through all that OCD again once the hard copy comes out due to file compatibility issues...
  • edited April 2008
    Which registry entry do we have to backup to save our decals?
    I need to restore my laptop to factory settings and I dont want to lose out
    Thanks
  • edited April 2008
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Sam & Max Season 2

just search for decal :)
  • edited April 2008
    maybe season three or an update of season 2 should include a small export/import-settings wizard for people who are afraid of doctoring in their registry..
  • edited April 2008
    Many thanks!
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    maybe season three or an update of season 2 should include a small export/import-settings wizard for people who are afraid of doctoring in their registry..

come to think of it, i really think that Telltale won't give anymore car upgrades for Season 3, maybe they'll have a special challenge on the street, and you earn decals by doing silly stuff, and you'll get sweet upgrades for Sam's jacket
    anything could happen, but i highly doubt that there won't be any more decals for Season 3
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I wonder if we will have to go through all that OCD again once the hard copy comes out due to file compatibility issues...

I don't think so. The decals transfer betwen the gametap and non gametap versions just fine. I earned all my decals in the download version but when I pulled up episode 5 on gametap last thursday, all the decals and upgrades were on my car. It reads it from the registry so I'm sure it'll transfer just fince to the DVD version as well.
  • edited April 2008
    AARG! I forgot to move the text file with how to recreate the decal reg entries onto my pen drive before I restored. can anyone show a listing of the registry folder? I know the basic format bdecal(name) but I dont remember all the names :(
    Sorry guys :( I just feel so annoyed because I worked so hard to get these
    I'd be ever so greatful
  • edited April 2008
    AARG! I forgot to move the text file with how to recreate the decal reg entries onto my pen drive before I restored. can anyone show a listing of the registry folder? I know the basic format bdecal(name) but I dont remember all the names :(
    Sorry guys :( I just feel so annoyed because I worked so hard to get these
    I'd be ever so greatful

Took a screenshot of mine, hope it helps

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r292/eman528/decalsreg.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    Aww many thanks, Thats brilliant :D
  • edited April 2008
    Aww damn! seems everything I got in episode 5 wont show now :( maybe its because Its not in my save file
    GRRR! my Desoto looked hot and hellish! now its looking a little less cool :(
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah, when you start a new game, none of those decals from that episode carry over (only from the previous ones). Luckily the driving game was easy in 205. You can have a copy of my save file if you'd like.
  • edited April 2008
    If theres no problems with that, then that would be great :)
    I'd just really like to keep my nice looking DESOTO OF DOOM
    rapidshare would be a good place to put it, then you can pm me the link :)
  • edited May 2008
    EMAN528 wrote: »
    Luckily the driving game was easy in 205.

Sez you! It was the hardest one, for me -- the only one where I couldn't get the third level. It would have been a lot easier if the cursor weren't so hard to see. My vision's not so great and it always takes me the first few/several seconds of the game just to figure out where I'm currently aiming the thing.

I'm really bummed about it, too. I could get someone else's savegame and see/get the decal and prizes, but I wouldn't get to see anything that goes along with getting them in the game that way. Plus, it's just not the same...
  • edited May 2008
    The crosshairs don't appear until the countdown starts, and by then there's always a rat right in front of your bumper, sometimes a row of them, so when you do locate your cursor, the DeSoto already has a head start on shaving down your score. I got the third round, but this was the only game where I couldn't finish a fourth.

But I agree with Max, it really is worth the effort. Collecting all decals gets you the most beautiful useless upgrades you could ever ask for from a quartet of antique AI's. I hope to see the DeSoto like this next season, the bodywork really gives it character, which I have a hunch the car is going to become.
  • edited May 2008
    I can you put all your stuff in the first episodes? Like, the the 205 Hidden Stuff in 201? Maybe you could paste the reg from 205 to 201. BTW: I don't know where to look for the reg to back it up. What is the path? My computer dosen't have a software folder.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    The DeSoto upgrades for later episodes aren't at all in the earlier episodes, so even if you hacked around with your registry, you wouldn't do anything.
  • edited May 2008
    The 205 driving game is not insanely hard (that's 202) but there is a learning curve involved. In the first 10 attempts or so I got exactly zero points, but then I learned the knack and got gold quickly. The rats are, in term of perspective, very close together far in the horizon, so point your crosshair towards the middle of the screen and you can shoot down lots in little time. This also prevents the rats getting close to you and being knocked down by your car. For rats close by, only shoot those which may lie in the path of the car and don't bother with the rest.
  • edited November 2008
    how many decals are in each episode:(
  • edited November 2008
    Five for each Episode, listed below:

Episode 1:
    Bowling Pin, Cheese, Blimp, Piano, and the 3 Elmer Decals

Episode 2:
    Tire, Safe, Kitchen Sink, Telltale Balloon, the 3 Bagpipe Decals

Episode 3:
    Kite, Beach Ball, Beer Keg, Satelite.? The 3 Zombie Decals

Episode 4:
    Greek Chariot, Hampster Wheel, Flying Rubber Donkey, a TV, the 3 Washing Machine Decals

Episode 5:
    Giant Duck, Space Ship, Donut, Soccer Ball, the 3 Rat Decals

I'm not counting the 3 of all the Decals, they don't really count that much.
    There are no Decals for Episode 4, just wishful thinking :P
  • edited November 2008
    :) And if i get all the decals, what do i get in return, from each episode?
  • edited November 2008
    Well...

Episode 1:
    Motor Engine on your hood

Episode 2:
    Hula Doll for dash board

Episode 3:
    Flames Spray Paint on the front

Episode 4:
    Green and blue headlights

Episode 5:
    Evil Face Fender
    And when all are combined....
    Police Lights!
  • edited November 2008
    what are the 3 decals. Are they in different colors of completion (like first successful attempt bronze, second silver, third gold) or what?

and another thing... what are the numbers you need to beat to get each decal from every episode?
  • edited November 2008
    In all the Episodes, the 3 Decals will change, they won't stay, it goes from Bronze, Silver, then Gold. Numbers? Okay:

Episode 1:
    30, 40, 50, 60

Episode 2:
    ANG NO NUMBAHS!!

Episode 3:
    10, 15, 20, 25

Episode 4:
    100, 120, 130, 140

Episode 5:
    10, 15, 20, 25

The first one for every Episode is something you need to do to get the item you need. Note I don't know if I got Episode 5 right.
  • edited November 2008
    Where is episode 4's game/ And If I get all 5 decals in episode one, why don't I have a motor?
  • edited November 2008
    There's no driving game in 204, and any claims that there are are a prank or a joke.

And did you beat all the levels of the Elmer game? I think you need to to get the upgrade.
  • edited January 2010
    Okay, so I have played all the way through all five episodes, and I know that I've missed some decals (had no idea about the gold ones, for instance). Is it possible to go back and play the episodes (provided that I have a save game) and have them carry forward to ep 5?
  • edited January 2010
    Limax wrote: »
    Okay, so I have played all the way through all five episodes, and I know that I've missed some decals (had no idea about the gold ones, for instance). Is it possible to go back and play the episodes (provided that I have a save game) and have them carry forward to ep 5?

I don't know if I understand the question... but I think you have to start a new game in order to carry the decals forward.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    Limax wrote: »

Yep. Just load up your saves and get the decals and everything should work just peachily.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.