Decal Count

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Hey Guybrush, would you mind going back to 201 and replaying the driving game to try and get one or two decals? I'm curious to see if they will then show up in 202.

Do you mean start a new game on 201, or just doing it from my last save?
  • edited January 2008
    The decals and upgrades from 201 DO show up in 202. I'll see if I can get a screenshot later...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Either/or. Just start from a save that took place before you finished getting the decals. Only if you have the time and feel like it though.
  • edited January 2008
    The other day I loaded up a save from 201 to get the piano decal I missed. After getting it, I then loaded 202 to check to see if it carried over, it didn't.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    New game or current game?
    Maybe the decals are only carried when you start a new game.
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, I believe jmm is right on that one. It generates your old decals when you start a new game.
  • edited January 2008
    So when 203 comes out I should have the missing decal and upgrade?
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    The game reads the registry when you start a new game and puts the data in the savegame. So as long as you have earned the decals (and upgrades), you'll get them.
    I tested it (I deleted one decal from 201 [The cheese decal]) with 201 and 202.
    I started a game in 202; the cheese decal was missing, then earned again the decal in 201 and started a new game in 202... presto! the "missing" decal was there.
  • edited January 2008
    Will wrote: »
    Either/or. Just start from a save that took place before you finished getting the decals. Only if you have the time and feel like it though.

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. I'll do it tomorrow evening. :)
  • edited January 2008
    i have a image of all decals and the upgrades, just don't know how to put them on the forums :( oh well
  • edited January 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i have a image of all decals and the upgrades, just don't know how to put them on the forums :( oh well

When in the game, press the print screen button on your keyboard, which'll probably look something like this.
    Once you've done this, exit into a image editing program (Paint will do) and paste (edit>paste or ctrl + v). Then save this image and upload it to a free host such as Tinypic.com.
  • edited February 2008
    I wonder if TTG is looking into a custom sticker maker for Season 2's extra. I'd pay $5 for a complete sheet of decals from all five episodes.
  • edited February 2008
    me to, after all those Decals are awesome!
  • edited February 2008
    I still think they should put something like a "Decal Gallery" tracking the decals you've earned and high scores on the main menu of each game after you've beaten it as well as quick access to the mini games along with high scores. Just a couple of things that could slightly add to the replayability factor.
  • edited February 2008
    You do get a decal gallery. It involves clicking on the Desoto's trunk.
  • edited February 2008
    I know, I took the picture of it. But that's at an odd angle. It would be neat to have a gallery where you get to look at them straight on and enlarge them if you want. Then it could just have a little description of which episode it came from, when it was earned, what had to be done to get it, etc. It just seems like something that would give the games an extra bit of polish and wouldn’t take that much work to incorporate.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    No one thing takes that much work. Sadly, when combined, many stacked-up instances of "not much work" slowly work together to become a susprisingly large bundle of "actual work." Choosing where to draw the line is a big part of why our games don't stay in production for extra years on end. I wish we could do all sorts of stuff like that, but there are only so many hours in a day! Fortunately, now that there is this driving collectible system, maybe it can be built up on in subsequent Telltale titles? Who knows! We started with Max giving you hints when you click on him and ask in Season One, and then in Season Two it got plussed up to be the more awesome proactive hint system we have today. Given that taking an existing feature and plussing it up and iterating on it over time is how we generally seem to like to work, I don't know why that trend wouldn't continue in various other facets of the game.
  • edited February 2008
    So, wait, I was the only one who thought the driving minigame was easy in 202? I beat all the levels on my first try (MAybe it had something to do with the oddly abysmal performance in the Tortue me Elmer minigame, the game started crawling at about 10 frames per second when I'd hit Elemers for some reason). Anyway, love the decals, but after the kitchen sink, is there really anything left? A bag of chips maybe?
  • edited February 2008
    Anyway, love the decals, but after the kitchen sink, is there really anything left? A bag of chips maybe?
    We still have three episodes left, and with an average of four decals outside of the mini-game decal left to collect per episode, I'm sure there are more.
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    We still have three episodes left, and with an average of four decals outside of the mini-game decal left to collect per episode, I'm sure there are more.
    I know that, it was a joke. "Everything but the kitchen sink" and "All that and a bag of chips"
  • edited February 2008
    I'm slow. I'm sorry.
    edited February 2008
    There was a bag of pork rinds in 201, that's pretty close to a bag of chips. Admittedly it wasn't a decal and was only alluded to, but still.
  • edited February 2008
    New decals I've found in 203 so far:

Beach Ball - Run over it while driving on or next to the sidewalk on the left side of the street

Keg - Run over it while driving on the sidewalk on the left side of the street

Satalite Dish - Run over it while driving on the sidewalk on the right side of the street

Kite - I just hit it while friving in th middle of the road

Zombie Head - By playing cd launcher game

They were much easier this time to identify.

Pic: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r292/eman528/decals.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    the satellite dish appears on the right side of the street, actually :)

(and your photo link is dead)
  • edited February 2008
    Gold Zombie is the hardest...i didn't get it :(
    and that's the only one i need :mad: does any have a pic or know what you get
    after you get all the 203 Decals? and does anyone know a good solution to get it?
  • edited February 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    the satellite dish appears on the right side of the street, actually :)

(and your photo link is dead)

You're right, oops :) Changed it to the right side.

I put the link up right after uploading the photo so maybe there was some kind of lag for a couple of minutes.
  • edited February 2008
    i know but i aint talking... youll never get it out of me

alright.. i give up, stop the pain please
    you get a cool flame job covering the front clip of the desoto
  • edited February 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    Gold Zombie is the hardest...i didn't get it :(
    and that's the only one i need :mad: does any have a pic or know what you get
    after you get all the 203 Decals? and does anyone know a good solution to get it?

Try driving closer to the zombies before your fire a cd at them. It helps a lot.
  • edited February 2008
    Telltale's arcade games are now, I'm sorry to say, far worse than Sierra's ever were in my opinion.

I'm working on getting the Gold Zombie Head decal (still haven't) and have failed so far at least 100 times. It was the same with the last episode.

I cannot support adventure games that deny content to players who are bad at arcade games. Even if that content isn't necessary to finish the game. It's basically punishing people for not being a 13-year-old with hyper-reflexes.

I haven't finished 203 yet, and unless I finish the final arcade level (which seems increasingly unlikely) then I will never finish the episode, nor will I play any future episodes in Season Two.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    If you can't get the optional OCD-required content, you'll never touch the game again? That's a very weird decision, and in the end that is your loss. Sorry the zombie game is harder than our other games... that wasn't intentional, it's just how it came out, apparently. As Scott said, it's easier if you skim along the edge close to the zombies instead of trying to take aim from far away.
  • edited February 2008
    Alright, got all the decals! Did the gold zombie level on my first try, don't see what was so hard myself...
    (still haven't got my decals from 201 carried over. I really need to get that sorted.)
  • edited February 2008
    dang i seriously need to get that gold Decal before 204...P.S
    don't make the driving hard on my eyes again please :)
  • edited February 2008
    I was really frustrated last month with getting the gold bagpipes (which took me like 100 tries) and can see I'm going to be frustrated with this disc game as well, but it will give me something to do after I beat the game later today. It's not impossible, just difficult.
  • edited February 2008
    ATMachine wrote: »
    I cannot support adventure games that deny content to players who are bad at arcade games. Even if that content isn't necessary to finish the game. It's basically punishing people for not being a 13-year-old with hyper-reflexes.
    Whether you keep playing Season 2 is your choice, of course, but I think this is a really unfair description of what's going on.

The games don't deny content to players who are bad at arcade games. At worst, they deny the end-levels of arcade games to players who are bad at arcade games. Nothing about getting this gold zombie head decal affects the adventure game. We make it very explicit in the game that the decals are for fun, and that you don't have to play them if you don't want to. And we playtest the episodes to make sure that just about anyone is able to do the parts of the arcade games that are required for the adventure portion.

No one is "punished for not having hyper-reflexes." If you're just interested in the adventure game section, then you're not missing any "content" by not playing an arcade game that's no fun for you, any more than I'm being punished or missing content by choosing to play The Sims instead of Ninja Gaiden.
  • edited February 2008
    Finally managed to get the gold decal and thus get the extra mystery prize. (Yay!) However, I still feel that adventure games should never provide extra content that is only obtainable through difficult arcade games.

I play adventures to avoid arcade sequences. And I think that in adventure games at least, to prevent the player from seeing the complete game experience (including bonus content) unless he or she has good reflexes is a cardinal sin.

It doesn't matter whether such content is required to finish the game or not. As long as I have to sit down and try 100 times to pass a single arcade level, then it's ridiculous.
  • edited February 2008
    If they were special accomplishments that anyone could easily get, what would be the point?
  • edited February 2008
    yeah here are some pics of the up to date desoto... was i the only one who found the message the cops gave to be omnious " we no longer offer car upgrades" im getting the vibe we may not see them next episode :eek:

2yzkhle.jpg

4re1ar.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    I just find it funny that the zombies are having essentially a frat part when you hit the keg. :D
  • edited February 2008
    yay! i finally got the
    Gold Zombie Decal :D
    bring on 204!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.