Decal Count

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    was i the only one who found the message the cops gave to be omnious " we no longer offer car upgrades" im getting the vibe we may not see them next episode :eek:
    I wouldn't be so sure. First, they tell you they don't do upgrades anymore, and then they give you a bunch of decals and a hot rod paint job! Either they're schizophrenic, or they're pathological liars. Either way, I wouldn't expect them to stop now.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if they can cram another ten decals on the back of the car...
  • edited February 2008
    Soultaker wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. First, they tell you they don't do upgrades anymore, and then they give you a bunch of decals and a hot rod paint job! Either they're schizophrenic, or they're pathological liars. Either way, I wouldn't expect them to stop now.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if they can cram another ten decals on the back of the car...

If you talk to them long enough, you get the implied information that they don't have upgrades for this episode outside of the decals because all their efforts were put into the super antenna. So chances are between now and the next episode there will be an upgrade that will change the Desoto besides a new paint job.

I'm still waiting on the return of the Rat Gat.
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    If you talk to them long enough, you get the implied information that they don't have upgrades for this episode outside of the decals because all their efforts were put into the super antenna. So chances are between now and the next episode there will be an upgrade that will change the Desoto besides a new paint job.

I'm still waiting on the return of the Rat Gat.

Also they spend all their money in devolping the antenna. Thats why they ask you to market SOL to the zombies. As you did that, they will get new money and therefore new upgrades next month.
  • edited February 2008
    don't forget that in each Episode they say there are no more upgrades but then
    they say we do have something. (and there is alot of room for more Decals on
    Desoto)
  • edited February 2008
    ATMachine wrote: »
    I play adventures to avoid arcade sequences. And I think that in adventure games at least, to prevent the player from seeing the complete game experience (including bonus content) unless he or she has good reflexes is a cardinal sin.

It doesn't matter whether such content is required to finish the game or not. As long as I have to sit down and try 100 times to pass a single arcade level, then it's ridiculous.
    the arcade scenes aren't that hard. i finished gold level on the first try and didn't even move the car...and i have the reflexes of a...don't know...brick wall or something. you need to relax more, don't think of it as a chore. besides, playing a few tries of some driving game is nothing compared to what some console games make you do for bonus content..
  • edited February 2008
    you know... i have to wonder, what happened to the ability to skip mini games? everyone remembers back in bone 1, how you could skip the chase sequences... why dont they do something like that for sam and max?

i find the driving games fun, and a great waste of time... but i dunno, having an option to skip the game after a few failed tries to may not be a bad thing
  • edited February 2008
    that's because Bone is for younger people, besides i don't wanna skip
    mini games they're to much fun.....except for 203's Driving
  • edited February 2008
    For those that would like some tips for driving in 203:
    The real trick with the driving game this time out is that you need to keep moving. Staying in one spot and trying to nail all of the zombies isn't the way to go about it. For this one you need to make sure the Desoto is always going to be right next to the next zombie without running it over. This way when it passes the car Max can just nail it right in the gut. I found the left side of the street to be the best area to do it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    i find the driving games fun, and a great waste of time... but i dunno, having an option to skip the game after a few failed tries to may not be a bad thing

The first round of the mini-game -- the only round you need to complete to advance the story -- is easily completable by everybody, though. In Bone we found that wasn't always the case.
  • edited February 2008
    Liked the mini game, it was a nice change of scenery :)
  • edited February 2008
    Liked the mini game, it was a nice change of scenery :)

I am quite looking forward to the Desoto looking absolutely ridiculous :D

(by this I mean I have gotten all the decals up through 203)

can't wait for 204!
  • edited March 2008
    awww no drivin in 204 :(
    but! i think there will be in 205
  • edited March 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    awww no drivin in 204 :(
    but! i think there will be in 205

One can only hope.
  • edited March 2008
    Yes! I unlocked the super-secret decals in 204!
  • edited March 2008
    Is this a joke? Or if not, how do you do it?
  • edited March 2008
    And see, that's how urban legends get started.

Because you WANT them to be true, on some level, and there's no ready and obvious means by which to prove that they AREN'T true.
  • edited March 2008
    Just like you CAN'T prove I'm not a tree frog. *nod* Word to the wise, don't touch my exposed skin. ;)
  • edited March 2008

are you kidding?! please don't be kidding
  • edited March 2008
    I get the impression that no-one else got them from Bluster Blaster...
  • edited March 2008
    I get the impression that no-one else got them from Bluster Blaster...

The Gold Blaster was definitely the hardest decal I've had to get. Barely pulled it off at the last second.
  • edited March 2008
    Toast60 wrote: »
    The Gold Blaster was definitely the hardest decal I've had to get. Barely pulled it off at the last second.
    Really? I thought it was easy. Almost like when you could get the Elmer stickers by driving at full speed on the sidewalk.
  • edited March 2008
    it was the hardest decal ever....so i'm guessing
    there is no 204 decal
  • edited March 2008
    I'm starting to become really gullible here, and my OCD is starting to mingle with the side of my brain that likes to know when I'm being lied to.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    There aren't decals in 204.
  • edited March 2008
    The clarification's good, but if it's all right with you, I'm gonna continue on dreaming.

...And how about that car upgrade for all the decals? Best. Car horn. Ever. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »

Check this out! Even Jake hasn't found the secret decals!
    Toast60 wrote: »

I'm with TrogLlama on this one. It was probably easier than the silver one!
  • edited March 2008
    I'm with TrogLlama on this one. It was probably easier than the silver one!

Really? Hmm. Maybe I was doing something wrong. =/

I guess I'll have to play through it again.
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »

That there is dev speak for there are a 100 decals in 204. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    That there is dev speak for there are a 100 decals in 204. :D

It's just really hard to see them all since when you leave the driving game you can't go to the street and click on the back end of the DeSoto.
  • edited March 2008
    it looks like the driving is back in 205 :D get rdy for the ultimate and final decals!!! :)
  • edited March 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    it looks like the driving is back in 205 :D get rdy for the ultimate and final decals!!! :)

What makes you say that, the Gametap trailer? I think perhaps that was just in there as a filler, and not an indication that there will be driving this episode. Then again, I could be wrong.
  • edited March 2008
    Well, the screenshot does show them back on the street, so it's not too farfetch'd of an idea.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm expecting that one of the final decal would be the devil's face.
  • edited March 2008
    i'm expecting them running over demons that are pouring out of hell
  • edited April 2008
    ok.. episode 5 goodies
    Duck Decal - shoot the giant duck the looms over the left side of the screen
    Flying Car Decal - Shoot the flying car that flys down the middle of the road
    Soccer Ball Decal - Shoot the bouncing soccer ball (comes from the right side of the screen, very difficult)
    Doughnut Decal - Shoot the doughnut that rolls across the road (comes from right to left)
    Rat Decal (3 levels) complete the 3 levels of the demon rat shooting game

reward for getting all decals in episode - demon grill for desoto

Reward for getting EVERYTHING in season 2 for the desoto -
    flashing police lights for the desoto
    (requires all 5 stickers and reward prizes from episodes one, two, three, and five)

photo with both mystery prizes here - (spoilers)

photo of all 20 decals
    k568ig.jpg

PS so the final decal count was 20, final prize count... 5, and it also seems that the episode 5 rewards are also stored in the registry, so the desoto of season 3 will probably have all the goodies from season 2 when you begin it
  • edited April 2008
    all the goodies??;)
  • edited April 2008
    My reaction was identical to Max's when I got the last "mystery prize." :D
  • edited April 2008
    I doubt it, all the decals may be put in the office, but the prizes may be still on the car ;)
    and it'll continue with the Decal earning and more prizes on the car
  • edited April 2008
    I hope they let us keep it, and make it even more ridiculous as Season 3 rolls along!
  • edited April 2008
    Somehow I lost my decals between eps 3 and 5... it made me very sad, seeing as I had collected them all.

*Edit* Oh yeah, I did a full reformat a few months back... that would explain it. I should have loaded up an old ep 3 save before playing through 4 and 5.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.