"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Keys, locks, secrets, PUZZLES?
  • edited March 2013
    [Insert disclaimer about not being told anything about this by anyone from Tellltale]

It's probably a teaser for one of their upcoming games. Fables is the most likely, but it could also be a reminder that hey, they're still working on King's Quest (maybe). But eh, I dunno. Only a week and a half 'til we find out.
  • edited March 2013
    Or it is this:

Woodkid%20-%20The%20Golden%20Age%20%28Deluxe%29.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Poker Night 2 for sure.
    edited March 2013
    Poker Night 2 for sure.

Nothing to do with keys. The "guests are starting to arrive" points in the same general direction: Characters from different franchises coming together to do... something. Something not poker.

[Insert disclaimer about not being told anything about this by anyone from Tellltale]

Yeah, isn't it interesting how puzzlebox keeps her promise and us informed about the new stuff? :D :D
  • edited March 2013
    A key party? That's...oddly sexual.

You know who would love to go to a key party, though? Leisure Suit Larry.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, isn't it interesting how puzzlebox keeps her promise and us informed about the new stuff? :D :D

Pesky contracts! I think I read way more than I post now. Should be fun to watch this thread though!
    edited March 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Pesky contracts! I think I read way more than I post now. Should be fun to watch this thread though!

YOU FORGOT THE PM WlTH ALL THE GAME INFO!!!
  • edited March 2013
    If talking about key parties is going to become a regular occurrence, it's entirely possible this forum is going to need a much higher age gate.
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe the letters rearrange to make a different word? Like... katies Pery... Katy Perry is going to be in it. I solved the mystery!
  • edited March 2013
    Nothing to do with keys. The "guests are starting to arrive" points in the same general direction: Characters from different franchises coming together to do... something. Something not poker.

Spiritual sequel to Poker Night. Key Night at the Inventory then?

Can't see how it could link to anything else previously announced.
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe the letters rearrange to make a different word? Like... katies Pery... Katy Perry is going to be in it. I solved the mystery!

I'd Katy her Perry.

Also, if this turns out to be Murder at the Inventory, I'll... probably going to purchase it.
  • edited March 2013

At least we've been informed that something is coming, and with a time frame of when to expect it. That's a hell of a lot better than the advance warning we're used to getting.
  • edited March 2013
    Can I say that I don't want this to be any of their previously announced projects? Heck, I'd love it if this turned out to be an entirely original project, not based on any existing franchise.

But it's probably going to end up being something Fables related.
  • edited March 2013
    Hey, maybe we'll finally find out what happened to this Dudebrough guy.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm thinking Poker Night 2. We know Telltale doesn't have the Leisure Suit Larry license, but this would be pretty much the perfect teaser for a Larry comeback.

Edit: I just realized that the box with the key in it is in the exact same style as the Poker Night menu. Definitely a Poker Night sequel (possibly without poker).
  • edited March 2013
    So Telltale's next game is about wife swapping.
  • edited March 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Also, if this turns out to be Murder at the Inventory, I'll... probably going to purchase it.
    characters from various franchises show up for a family friendly shipping orgy, but find themselves in the middle of a classic murder mystery instead.
  • edited March 2013
    There is one sentence I don't quite like:
    Find out April 1st, 2013.

This is going to be their big April fools thing.
    Or they are finally announcing what we all want but are too afraid to ask for:
    Jurrassic Park: The Game 2. Now with more QTEs.

Also cheating the site doesn't work. I tried
    http://www.thekeyparty.com/img/keys-1.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Well, now if it's not a cross-franchise murder-mystery dating sim, I'm going to be very disappointed.
  • edited March 2013
    First time I read it on Twitter, I thought it was going to be a distribution of Steam keys or something.
  • edited March 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    There is one sentence I don't quite like:

This is going to be their big April fools thing.
    Or they are finally announcing what we all want but are too afraid to ask for:
    Jurrassic Park: The Game 2. Now with more QTEs.

Also cheating the site doesn't work. I tried
    http://www.thekeyparty.com/img/keys-1.jpg

Something tells me they wouldn't build up their April Fool's joke this far in advance. Especially since last year there wasn't a joke at all.
  • edited March 2013
    Wait, what the fuck? Ash Williams? I mean, I thought the Portal item WTF'd me, but the Necronomicrown. Damn.

EDIT: Also, I don't give a duck about the Venture Brothers. I live in the Netherlands, we don't get Adult Swim here.
  • edited March 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Wait, what the fuck? Ash Williams? I mean, I thought the Portal item WTF'd me, but the Necronomicrown. Damn.

EDIT: Also, I don't give a duck about the Venture Brothers. I live in the Netherlands, we don't get Adult Swim here.

You can get the dvd's in most stores though! Get them, they're good.

Part of me wants Helper to be the Venture Bros character instead of Brock though. It's the stupidest thing ever, but every time that guy's doing some sort of monologue/dialogue scene I keep cracking up.
  • edited March 2013
    tumblr_lx4miwGgyH1r2amcuo1_500.png

Err this is a key to your bird cage!
  • edited March 2013
    I hope this is about King's Quest!

Telltale, please confirm that you are even still working on King's Quest. Please don't turn your back on King's Quest fans who have been your loyal customers for years. :-)
  • edited March 2013
    Not to crush your hopes and dreams and terracotta sculptures, but evidence points at Poker Night 2.
  • edited March 2013
    I don't know if it's Fables but can anyone think of anything about keys and parties that might relate to Fables?
  • edited March 2013
    It's obviously a Simpsons game.
  • edited March 2013
    Seem like a poker night sequel, but like someone else said, not necessarily a poker game.

I'm, uh, gonna assume it's not gonna actually be a key party romance thing, though.
  • edited March 2013
    April 1st is a Monday. Monday = Mon + Key...

IT'S A NEW MONKEY ISLAND GAME
  • edited March 2013
    MtnPeak wrote: »
    I hope this is about King's Quest!

Telltale, please confirm that you are even still working on King's Quest. Please don't turn your back on King's Quest fans who have been your loyal customers for years. :-)
    SonnyN18 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's Fables but can anyone think of anything about keys and parties that might relate to Fables?

It's pretty much already been confirmed not to be either of those by the UI elements on the page itself(styled after the first Inventory game), and the fact that, again, TF2 items have already been leaked.
    wellgolly wrote: »
    Seem like a poker night sequel, but like someone else said, not necessarily a poker game.

As much as I'd also like to see something different, the TF2 items already all have "pn2" in their IDs.
  • edited March 2013
    April 1st is a Monday. Monday = Mon + Key...

IT'S A NEW MONKEY ISLAND GAME

This is my favorite interpretation.
  • edited March 2013
    I don't know how TTG will handle Kingdom Hearts but it will be interesting to see.
  • edited March 2013
    As much as I'd also like to see something different, the TF2 items already all have "pn2" in their IDs.

The pn2 is probably from the original code name of the project.
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    I don't know how TTG will handle Kingdom Hearts but it will be interesting to see.

33545234.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    I just got some slashficspiration!

Sora gets all the keyblades and so, presumably, all of the princesses.

A0TOvm2.jpg

What will he do with them? Find out, in Poke-her Night at the Inventory!
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Psh, it's obviously Parcheesi Night at the Inventory.
  • edited March 2013
    I just got some slashficspiration!

Sora gets all the keyblades and so, presumably, all of the princesses.

A0TOvm2.jpg

What will he do with them? Find out, in Poke-her Night at the Inventory!

I wana see the look on his face when he gets Ursuler's key.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.