"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    [ SPOILER ] your spoiler text here [ /SPOILER ]

without the spaces :)

[noparse]
    You could have been even clearer.
    [/noparse]
  • edited March 2013
    Did anyone else notice that the website "More guest arriving daily." Assuming they'll being adding another new key each day until April 1st, there was only 5 TF2 promo items leaked; are there going to be 2 more additional characters to the five we already have a hunch about?

or there will be no updates on the weekend.
  • edited March 2013
    The characters I felt would be unexpected but not unlikeable would be
    characters like Henry or Roger from Venture brothers, maybe betting Brock's knife and that is how it appears as an item to win; possibly having a zombie for the Army of Darkness connection, which would be cheesy but if done right potentialy funny(noting I strangely never have played or watched anything with Ash yet);those kind of characters
  • edited March 2013
    Also for the extra two characters, who says that you couldn't have two characters come in as a pair?(like
    Henry and Roger I mentioned above
    )
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2013
    [noparse]
    You could have been even clearer.
    [/noparse]

That's an amazing little trick!
  • edited March 2013
    There's a distinct lack of
    Evil dead
    comments here.
    Must be fixed.
  • edited March 2013
    Well, I'm leaning towards a party game, actually. The bowl will be filled with belongings from each character, as they're emptying their pockets as they enter the party. Doesn't scream Kart racer or more Poker.

Party Night at the Inventory would retain the initialism as well.
  • edited March 2013
    Party Game...but then what would the minigames be?

My first thought is something like an alcoholic version of Russian Roulette. Spin the bottle, take a drink, 10+ drinks and you continuously risk blacking out
  • edited March 2013
    Ribs wrote: »
    Well, I'm leaning towards a party game, actually. The bowl will be filled with belongings from each character, as they're emptying their pockets as they enter the party. Doesn't scream Kart racer or more Poker.

Party Night at the Inventory would retain the initialism as well.

why would it be called the key party if they don't put keys in the bowl?
  • edited March 2013
    guys.

Key

Pokemon.

Notice "Key" is pronounced in both.

Pokemon at the inventory.
  • edited March 2013
    gman, your statement got a slight chuckle out of me, but your "For the noobies" bit made me go "Mind Blown, Puzzlebox works with Tell Tale"
    ^that just kinda tickled me some
  • edited March 2013
    Pretty sure PB is reading this thread right now, laughing maniacally.
  • edited March 2013
    Good, everyone gets to laugh
    As back with the topic, what if the game is just another card game(with multiplayer). Would that really be so bad, as long as the writing is great?

Edit: I admit bias, I like Black Jack and Texas Hold'em ;)
  • edited March 2013
    why would it be called the key party if they don't put keys in the bowl?

Because there's a thing called fucking misdirection.
  • edited March 2013
    Good, everyone gets to laugh
    As back with the topic, what if the game is just another card game(with multiplayer). Would that really be so bad, as long as the writing is great?

Edit: I admit bias, I like Black Jack and Texas Hold'em ;)

I could learn to live with that, but does telltale have the servers, connection, etc to make a multiplayer game? I don´t know, but it would certainly be amazing to play that.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Are there still any third party general gaming servers for PC? If so, that could be an option.
  • edited March 2013
    I actually don't know about that Max, but if the game was popular enough you'd have people setting up servers themselves
  • edited March 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    guys.

Key

Pokemon.

Notice "Key" is pronounced in both.

Pokemon at the inventory.

If there's a "key" pronounced in Pokémon, you're doing it wrong.
  • edited March 2013
    I just hope this whole thing isn´t some kind of sick, twisted, really drawn out april fools joke. I can already imagine telltale announcing a "adult party simulator" or something.
  • edited March 2013
    That would be pretty cruel of them, and if it is the case; I'm already buying into it... :(
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe that is the prank, to think we are being pranked
  • edited March 2013
    No thanks. I've seen the Ice Storm. Key parties are all fun and games until
    Elijah Wood gets electrocuted.
  • edited March 2013
    Always learning something new, those poor tectonic plates XD
  • edited March 2013
    Oh hey, it's
    DeSoto keys
  • edited March 2013
    Really excited for this ever since the TF2 items were "secretly" added!
    On an unrelated note: Hello again forums
  • edited March 2013
    What key do you guys think will pop up today?

Also thank you Highway, I now have Highway to Hell playing in my head B)
  • edited March 2013
    What key do you guys think will pop up today?

Also thank you Highway, I now have Highway to Hell playing in my head B)

A Hyperion keychain for Handsome Jack.
  • edited March 2013
    We shall see then

I think something
    Venture
    related would be nice

Edit: Not that I don't want to see this Handsome Jack fellow at the card table, I've just not played Borderlands 1 or 2
  • edited March 2013
    We're closing in on the time the key went up yesterday. Will it be up at the same time today? Only time will tell.
  • edited March 2013
    I bet it'll either be
    a keycard/key with companion cube keychain for Portal character(s), something techy looking for Monarch's hovercar or a set of average keys for Brock or the boy's car, etc that kinda thing
    edited March 2013
    I'm eager to see the actual reveal, though- even if we know the franchises involved and the item rewards, we don't really know who's in the game, or what's changed about it. I'm sure there's plenty of surprises to come.

Huhhhh, we're pretty certain as to the characters right now. The only REALLY open question is wether the guests in fact play POKER, or something else. I admit, I would not like yet another card game. Bis repetita non placent, as they say.
    edited March 2013
    Still no second key... is Telltale still fast asleep or have they given up the whole teaser site idea because everything's spoiled already anyway?
  • edited March 2013
    That doesn't seem their shtick. They may be waiting til it is closer to night time in most places, when it would make sense that such a party is being held.
  • edited March 2013
    I wouldn't worry about anything. They've always worked on San Francisco-time, and the work day is only just beginning over there. It'll appear sometime today (but maybe not today in every region, obviously).
  • edited March 2013
    Or maybe nobody's coming to Sam's party.

The game will just be him, miserable and lonely, eating the entire bag of snacks he set out for guests.
    edited March 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »
    Or maybe nobody's coming to Sam's party.

The game will just be him, miserable and lonely, eating the entire bag of snacks he set out for guests.

That would be oddly fitting.

As long as he goes for a ride afterwards and shoots things to vent a bit, I'd play it nonetheless.
  • edited March 2013
    But what about
    the Invisible Man
    !
    His keys are in the bowl now to you know?
  • edited March 2013
    But what about
    the Invisible Man
    !
    His keys are in the bowl now to you know?

Or perhaps it's the keys to
    Wonder Woman's jet?
    edited March 2013
    Two and a half hours later than yesterday's update...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.