"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    How much you wanna bet Brock Samson's cigarette will be his tell?
  • edited April 2013
    I'm sure there'll be multiple tells, but the cigarette is sure to be one.

On the site, Ash drums his fingers sometimes, that speaks of impatience and makes me think it's a tell that he has a really good hand.

Sam scooching his chair is probably saying "I'm bluffing!"

And that's all I got on that front from the promotional materials. We've got about a week and a half to go until we end up losing all-ins because of these assumptions, haha.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't have the money to bet, though. I guess I'll have to use collateral. Beating me unlocks my lucky vegetable steamer for Team Fortress 2.
  • edited April 2013
    Perhaps GlaDos' tell will be her turrets' behavior?
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps GlaDos' tell will be her turrets' behavior?

Glados will not exactly be one of the "people" you play against.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Glados will not exactly be one of the "people" you play against.

Alas. I was hoping that eventually you'd end up with her as your final opponent after certain conditions had been met.
    edited April 2013
    Alas. I was hoping that eventually you'd end up with her as your final opponent after certain conditions had been met.

Well... we can't really deny that. D:
  • edited April 2013
    or is glados actually playing through claptrap ? she probably hacked him..for fun..to test her self..

butof course clappy can still say what he wants..
    edited April 2013
    or is glados actually playing through claptrap ? she probably hacked him..for fun..to test her self..

butof course clappy can still say what he wants..

I hope she breaks that annoying twit.
  • edited April 2013
    I hope she breaks that annoying twit.

Why break him? Throw him out to space along with
    Weatley
    :P
    edited April 2013
    Why break him? Throw him out to space along with
    Weatley
    :P

That works too. As long as he SUFFERS.
  • edited April 2013
    That works too. As long as he SUFFERS.

He will be stuck out in space with
    Weatley
    and the space core, they will all make a perfect trio :/.
  • edited April 2013
    You know, it's weird, I never picked up on the tells in the first poker night. Mostly because I could tell when someone HAD a tell, but could never tell what that meant. The only really reliable tell was Max's standing on the chair. Mostly because the computer players literally didn't know what a "good" hand was.
  • edited April 2013
    BrianBoyko wrote: »
    You know, it's weird, I never picked up on the tells in the first poker night. Mostly because I could tell when someone HAD a tell, but could never tell what that meant. The only really reliable tell was Max's standing on the chair. Mostly because the computer players literally didn't know what a "good" hand was.

When Strong Bad has a crappy hand after the flop, he bangs his head on the table.
  • edited April 2013
    When Strong Bad has a crappy hand after the flop, he bangs his head on the table.

Yeah, that's great, except that the computer thinks that 9d6d is a crappy hand on a 7d8dAc flop.
  • edited April 2013
    Here you go, a link to the Poker Night wiki which has most of the tells i think :)

http://theinventory.wikia.com/wiki/Tells
  • edited April 2013
    Here you go, a link to the Poker Night wiki which has most of the tells i think :)

http://theinventory.wikia.com/wiki/Tells

A lot of those tells haven't been true for me. It's not a very reliable wiki. I should know, I regularly edit there.
  • edited April 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »
    A lot of those tells haven't been true for me. It's not a very reliable wiki. I should know, I regularly edit there.

i don't understand why people hate claptrap he's awesome !

then again i'm special..
  • edited April 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »

Wonders of Texas Hold'Em. You bluff with the crappy hand to pressure a opponent and then he/she challenges that bluff. However just when you think you lose, suddenly with a very minor chance you get right cards to beat his/her good hand.
  • edited April 2013

I noticed when I was playing the other day, Max did this thing when he was first dealed his cards. He didn't have much left and he went all-in, turns out he had a pair of Kings.
  • edited April 2013
    I've noticed they tend to play pretty aggressively when they either have a lot of money compared to you or have very little to bet with (back against the wall, so to speak). I figure they'd rather decide when they go than have an embarrassing blind that puts them all in.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Unlocks trailer just went up on IGN this morning.
  • edited April 2013
    Is that the Winslow lookalike that was in PN1 I see in that footage? How the hell does he fit in? *squees*
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »

Looks like it's a lot bigger content-wise than the first game. I'm excited!

Also, Brock Samson doing the Army of Darkness poster might just end up my new wallpaper. :p
  • edited April 2013

Funny trailer, everyone's reaction to GLaDOS was very funny :D
  • edited April 2013
    yes i suspects clappy would instantly fall for glados 'huba huba' lol

and brock aka patrick warburton 'excuse me' just epic
  • edited April 2013
    yes i suspects clappy would instantly fall for glados 'huba huba' lol

and brock aka patrick warburton 'excuse me' just epic

I'd feel disappointed and even slightly cheated if those weren't there. They're pretty much expected. I just hope they don't rely heavily on Sam and Max bouncing off each other all the time, like they felt they had to do in S&M 305.
  • edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I'd feel disappointed and even slightly cheated if those weren't there. They're pretty much expected. I just hope they don't rely heavily on Sam and Max bouncing off each other all the time, like they felt they had to do in S&M 305.

Sam and Max are both designed in a such way that they both make eachother a one complete character.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013

It's weird that you don't like Sam and Max bouncing off each other. Isn't that how their characters work?
  • edited April 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    It's weird that you don't like Sam and Max bouncing off each other. Isn't that how their characters work?

I love Sam and Max bouncing off each other but they need to shine on their own.

Edit: Noir Sam shone on his own in 303 and Max shone on his own in PN1.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah, this is a seriously great added value for the same price all-around. I suspect the profit margins might be lower per sale, but I really hope you guys sell as well - or better! - than the last Poker Night, because this has production values through the roof. That's something anyone can and should respect.

Can't wait to play it! I couldn't before, though I'm not sure if there's any added quantity of 'can't' you can distinguish in the English language, but I can't wait all the same.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    I love Sam and Max bouncing off each other but they need to shine on their own.

Edit: Noir Sam shone on his own in 303 and Max shone on his own in PN1.

Fair. For what it's worth, Sam is mostly solo -- he's the one at the table! -- but Max is there for the assist when needed.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    but Max is there for the assist when needed.

Like peeking at everyone else's cards?
  • edited April 2013
    Like peeking at everyone else's cards?

No no he's only.......checking everyone's cards......to make sure no one cheats.......Then tells Sam the cards by mistake.
  • edited April 2013
    No no he's only.......checking everyone's cards......to make sure no one cheats.......Then tells Sam the cards by mistake.

I'm assuming it ends with Brock, Ash, and Claptrap all making throat-cutting motions towards him.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm assuming it ends with Brock, Ash, and Claptrap all making throat-cutting motions towards him.

Brock and Ash most likely would, but Claptrap would most likely be so stupid that he thinks its part of the game :/
    edited April 2013
    Wait, how did I miss this... Is Max supposed to be buggering around Sam in PK2?
  • edited April 2013
    I love that you guys are including Max somehow in this game. I love their relationship and when they're together.
  • edited April 2013
    Wait, how did I miss this... Is Max supposed to be buggering around Sam in PK2?

1. It was kind of expected without saying when we learned that Max is around in PN2.
    2. Unlocks trailer pretty much did set it in stone by showing him there too.
    3. Sam does not work that well in solo.
  • edited April 2013
    Clord wrote: »
    3. Sam does not work that well in solo.

I disagree, and I wish Telltale gave him another shot. Although he is the ideal straight man, I find myself laughing at the self-parodying Sam than the eccentric Max. Plus, he can bounce off the characters at the table just as well as he can Max. I just don't want Max delivering the punchline again. He had his chance in Poker Night at the Inventory.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.