"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Since apparently you guys are answering questions, any chance you can say anything about Ash's voice actor?
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Cheeseness wrote: »
    I hope that that statement doesn't end up being responsible for a wave of disappointment. There've been so many "April Fools" shenanigans over the past 30 hours that it's all starting to feel disrespectful rather than funny.

It was nice to spot Max in there as well :D
    Do we know if he'll have any voiced lines?

In order to keep things from getting out of control: Sometimes a snazzy new model is just a snazzy new model :)

And yes, we DO know if Max has any voiced lines ;)

Less jerkily: In Poker Night 2, Max will be playing the role of Johnny Hinshaw.

Mike "To the Internets!" Stemmle
  • edited April 2013
    I'm just wondering how will the unlockables work? What i mean is will they be used by characters to play the game like in Poker Night 1? Also i'm wondering how it will work with the Portal items because if GladOS is the host this time how will you be able to unlock the Portal items.:confused:

And how you will unlock the themes on the PSN version because it would be a bit hard to figure out to get them unlocked in game. For example in my opinion i think it would be a bit funny if Sam randomly threw a piece of paper on the table with the theme on it and says he wants to play using that.
  • edited April 2013

If this game is any less funny than Airplane! I believe I'm now entitled for a refund.
  • edited April 2013
    I believe / assume I should rent / purchase the DVD / Blu-Ray of Airplane! / Airplane!.
  • edited April 2013
    Sal's dead, baby :)

Whose cockroach is this?
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    We do know!
    He does.
    Yay! :D

Thanks, puzzlebox ^_^

Edit: Smileys show through spoiler tags?
    :O

Edit: Edit: Ahhh, I forgot how quickly release/announcement threads can move
    In order to keep things from getting out of control: Sometimes a snazzy new model is just a snazzy new model :)

And yes, we DO know if Max has any voiced lines ;)

Mike "To the Internets!" Stemmle

Thanks for clarification on all fronts :)
  • edited April 2013
    The character items will probably be collateral, like in Poker Night 1.

How GLadOS' Long Fall Boots will work is a good question. Maybe you have to win the game in general? She might just put them up as a "reward for completing the Aperture Science Card Game Test, Which Is Certainly Not Violent In Anyway", AKA you get them from winning the game.

...unless she's secretly storing Chell somewhere in the Inventory to "test" others at how good they are at poker...
  • edited April 2013
    I'm wondering how Poker Night 2's unlockables will work with GladOS being the host and how you will unlock the themes on the PSN version because it would be a bit hard to figure out to get them unlocked in game. For example in my opinion i think it would be a bit funny if Sam randomly threw a piece of paper on the table with the theme on it and says he wants to play using that.

This is just pure speculation on my part, but my guess is that it won't be like the first game, where every match has a chance of a character betting their special item. To make it more...universal, maybe there'll just be an achievement/trophy for knocking out each character (no special condition, other than you have to be the one that does it), and getting it unlocks all their respective items.

Not sure how that'd work for GLaDOS, though.
  • edited April 2013
    Not sure how that'd work for GLaDOS, though.

After the many hours of playing poker with four weirdos, you
    shall be tested in the ultimate challange a one-on-one showdown
    in omaha hold em versurs the ultimate poker player herself: GlaDOS!
    or maybe you just have to get an achivement, I dunno.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    I call shenaningans, there isn't a character page for Mad Moxxi.

Are you suggesting this isn't for reals? I'd worry about a mob full o' pitchforks descending on the Telltale office tomorrow if it turned out we weren't serious. :)
    in my opinion i think it would be a bit funny if Sam randomly threw a piece of paper on the table with the theme on it and says he wants to play using that.

Reminds me of this guy who tried to pay his bill using a nice drawing of a spider.
  • edited April 2013
    Omaha could get quite complicated and interesting if we play no-limit high-low. PLO looks pretty damn scary and a one-way ticket to losing an entire game with one hand if you're bold enough.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Omaha could get quite complicated and interesting if we play no-limit high-low. PLO looks pretty damn scary and a one-way ticket to losing an entire game with one hand if you're bold enough.

We aren't doing high-low, much to the dismay of at least one telltale employee. It is no-limit Omaha (high only), which admittedly is a somewhat unorthodox flavor but I feel that it plays pretty well.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Since apparently you guys are answering questions, any chance you can say anything about Ash's voice actor?
    Watching the trailer again, I'm not entirely convinced it isn't Bruce Campbell. It could be him with the pitch of his voice raised so that he sounds younger, like Telltale did with Claudia Wells in Back to the Future: The Game.
  • edited April 2013
    Very, very cool. I'd love to know who's on the team for this one. Sean & Jake again? I believe they did the first Poker Night at least, but perhaps they're too busy going to award ceremonies these days.

Also: sounds like you got the real Brock! Effing awesome!
  • edited April 2013
    Can you tell us anything about the price yet, or is that still kinda up in the air like the release date?
    edited April 2013
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Very, very cool. I'd love to know who's on the team for this one. Sean & Jake again? I believe they did the first Poker Night at least, but perhaps they're too busy going to award ceremonies these days.

Also: sounds like you got the real Brock! Effing awesome!

I'm pretty sure Mike "I always have some kind of middle name" Stemmle wrote the dialogue for this one.
    DiStort wrote: »
    Can you tell us anything about the price yet, or is that still kinda up in the air like the release date?

Those details are yet to be announced.
  • edited April 2013
    As much as I want Bruce Campbell in the game, I'll live with the sound-alike - However, the curious-ness-ness in me wonders how TTG seemingly was able to get Patrick Warburton (who I imagine would command a much higher pay day than BC) but not Bruce?
  • edited April 2013
    I so want to key party with sam and max.
  • edited April 2013
    If you guys are keen to share this sort of stuff, I'd be interested to know how much iteration the selection of characters went through, and whether there are any interesting ones that didn't make it.

Was any of the writing done by/shared with the original IP creators, and has working with non-game stuff (so far as I'm aware, there haven't been Venture Brothers or Evil Dead games) proved to be any different from dealing with licenced game IP for Poker Night?

I'm also curious to know if Max will be the only non-player (ho ho ho) character aside from GLaDOS who speaks. I'm sure everybody's noticed the bartender (who I'm told is from Borderlands?) and the turrets.
  • edited April 2013
    If you guys are keen to share this sort of stuff, I'd be interested to know how much iteration the selection of characters went through, and whether there are any interesting ones that didn't make it.

Was any of the writing done by/shared with the original IP creators, and has working with non-game stuff (so far as I'm aware, there haven't been Venture Brothers or Evil Dead games) proved to be any different from dealing with licenced game IP for Poker Night?

I'm also curious to know if Max will be the only non-player (ho ho ho) character aside from GLaDOS who speaks. I'm sure everybody's noticed the bartender (who I'm told is from Borderlands?) and the turrets.

There have been a few Evil Dead games, but none for Venture Brothers.
  • edited April 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Watching the trailer again, I'm not entirely convinced it isn't Bruce Campbell. It could be him with the pitch of his voice raised so that he sounds younger, like Telltale did with Claudia Wells in Back to the Future: The Game.

Exactly what I thought, except without the raised voice thing.
  • edited April 2013
    There have been a few Evil Dead games, but none for Venture Brothers.

Ah, OK. Is this Ash from those, or something that's been created fresh for PN2?
  • edited April 2013
    Ah, OK. Is this Ash from those, or something that's been created fresh for PN2?

If you mean his model, I'm pretty sure it's brand new. He looks like he came out of the Back to the Future game. :p

Also, for what it's worth I tweeted Bruce Campbell asking if he's doing the voice of Ash. Not sure if he'll respond, but it's worth a try.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2013
    If you mean his model, I'm pretty sure it's brand new. He looks like he came out of the Back to the Future game. :p

Also, for what it's worth I tweeted Bruce Campbell asking if he's doing the voice of Ash. Not sure if he'll respond, but it's worth a try.

Looks more Walking Dead to me. For that matter, so does the new Sam model. At first I thought the lighting made his clothes look glossy from the leaked shots, but now I think they are trying to make his textures and features more comic like. (I think his face is different too.)
  • edited April 2013
    Looks more Walking Dead to me. For that matter, so does the new Sam model. At first I thought the lighting made his clothes look glossy from the leaked shots, but now I think they are trying to make his textures and features more comic like. (I think his face is different too.)

The fingers and knuckles were what stood out for me with the new Sam model. It could just be because we've been playing Hit The Road and Culture Shock for Game Club recently, but Sam's hands look pretty odd to me (I'm sure it'll grow on me though) ^_^
  • edited April 2013
    Weeksy wrote: »
    As much as I want Bruce Campbell in the game, I'll live with the sound-alike - However, the curious-ness-ness in me wonders how TTG seemingly was able to get Patrick Warburton (who I imagine would command a much higher pay day than BC) but not Bruce?

This was the first TTG game I've even cared about in years, and hearing an impersonation of Bruce completely turned me off from it.
  • edited April 2013
    They could always be placeholders. Tycho's model wasn't finished for a while, so there's always the possibility he's busy.
  • edited April 2013
    Who gives a flying tarred elephant if it's Bruce or not, as long as the writing+voice acting is good? Seriously some of you people can be picky about the wrong things. Now multiplayer poker, 'that' is something we should be caring about ^vv^
  • edited April 2013
    Who gives a flying tarred elephant if it's Bruce or not, as long as the writing+voice acting is good? Seriously some of you people can be picky about the wrong things. Now multiplayer poker, 'that' is something we should be caring about ^vv^

Especially if the game is like $5-$10 which it probably will be. Like I'm going to complain that Telltale didn't get a specific person to record for a $5-$10 poker game.
  • edited April 2013
    Is this game an April Fool's prank?
  • edited April 2013
    Toonfreak8 wrote: »

No. Just had poor timing on when to announce.
    edited April 2013
    I made some Poker Night 2 iOS Lockscreen Backgrounds.

http://imgur.com/a/pPv07
  • edited April 2013

Hey, some people on this forum are willing to start wars over voice actors.

I'm looking at you, lattsam.
    edited April 2013
    Toonfreak8 wrote: »

Meta-prank. The joke is it's not a joke.
    edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No. Just had poor timing on when to announce.

I think that was intentional. The game is so absurd (in a good way) that the April Fools Day reveal would fit the nature of the game.
  • edited April 2013

It's just the fact that Ash, the character, is so strongly tied to Bruce Campbell that it's impossible for most Deadites to imagine him as anyone else. On top of that, Bruce Campbell isn't particularly hard to get a hold of (he actually prefers small low-budget projects over big-name ones) and has voiced Ash in video games in the past.

To be fair, though, I'm holding judgment until the voice actor's identity is made official. For all we know it is Bruce and he just sounds different because it's been a while/Telltale messed with the pitch. Remember, people thought the Heavy had a new voice actor in the first game too.
  • edited April 2013
    I think that was intentional. The game is so absurd (in a good way) that the April Fools Day reveal would fit the nature of the game.

That might have worked for the first game, but this being a sequel makes it too believable. i think the April Fools bit was how it looked like something Walking Dead related at the beginning of the trailer.
  • edited April 2013
    Hey, some people on this forum are willing to start wars over voice actors.

I'm looking at you, lattsam.

Well, in that case... I'm calling you out, SHODANFreeman!
  • edited April 2013
    I've been hoping someone would give an official yay or nay on this, but I'll just throw out the question again and direct it at Puzzlebox:
    Will there be any multiplayer at any time, be it on release or in a later update/DLC?

Edit: I'll leave this as my last time asking, cause I'm already happy that the game is gonna be out :3
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Meta-prank. The joke is it's not a joke.

The sad thing is, people are STILL dead certain on it possibly being a prank.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.