Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs - Now available!

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: Superball Sings the Blues
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: Superball Licks the Lubes
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max Episode 205: Culture Shock

Culture Shock?

that's a stupid name for a Episode :)
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: The Maxtrix

It's a combination of a Matrix parody and a very long Trix commercial.
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max 205: Purple Monkey Dishwasher.
  • edited March 2008
    i bet telltale is sitting here laughing while we create Episode names
  • edited March 2008
    Sam & Max Episode 205: Culture Shock Hits on the Surfing Highway on the Bright Side of the Moon and Abe Lincoln Must Die from Situation Comedy and Become one of the Raving Dead that Sing the Better Blues by the Mole, the Mob, and the Meatball in Reality 2.0
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i bet telltale is sitting here laughing while we create Episode names

Not just laughing, but laughing AND pointing!
  • edited March 2008
    Laughing and pointing? What a deal! :D
  • edited March 2008
    langley wrote: »
    Not just laughing, but laughing AND pointing!

...and cataloging the ideas, no doubt. ;)
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Loving the video. My favourite line was "Very well sir. Is what I'd say if there was a cover up. Which there isn't."
    Was the Superball 'looking into my eyes' thing done by Nick?

wow... i know this was pages back, but now i'm curious... that was a sweet guess! that was in one of my environments, but it was animated by someone cooler than me.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm gonna keep guessing Purple Monkey Dishwasher for every episode, the odds are I'll be right eventually :D
  • edited March 2008
    Only if there's 1000 of them on typewriters.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm having trouble downloading from Gametap. Am I the only one? D:
  • edited March 2008
    maybe you already played it and your memory was erased? ..... :P
  • edited March 2008
    Marty wrote: »
    maybe you already played it and your memory was erased? ..... :P

So that's why I have a headache.
  • edited March 2008
    it's not working for me or my friend on Gametap.
    why?
  • edited March 2008
    you're not the only one :( me and a friend are having lots of trouble downloadin
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    There's a thread about download problems on GameTap's forum here.

I'm sure they're working on it now. If it's not fixed when I get to work, I'll get a hold of someone over there and find out what's up.

EDIT: Adventure Gamers has posted their review of Chariots of the Dogs -- giving it five stars. That's not a score that is doled out lightly. (Also the review is spoiler-free!)
    edited March 2008
    There's a thread on GameTap's forum here about download problems. Please post there about the issue, since there's nothing we can do about it. Let's keep this thread for game related posts (once people actually have had the chance to play!)
  • edited March 2008
    emily you forgot to say that this thread is also used for tantalizing loyal fans around the world who have to wait 24 hours
  • edited March 2008
    Well, it was working for a while, and what I got to play was great.

That is, until it crashed. Looks like it was taken off the server for some reason, taking my saves with it. Damn it.

Oh well, at least this'll give me another chance to printscreen the title card and make it my desktop.

Error message says: This game could not be repaired. Gametap will reacquire it.
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    EDIT: Adventure Gamers has posted their review of Chariots of the Dogs -- giving it five stars. That's not a score that is doled out lightly. (Also the review is spoiler-free!)
    ...the best single adventure gaming experience this writer has had in twelve years—one that can only be described as flawless.

:eek: I really am looking forward to tomorrow!:D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Gametap's version is now up and running. If you had problems downloading it, make sure you delete the original download and try getting it again.
  • edited March 2008
    Eurogamer's review's up, with some minor plot spoilers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94574
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    I breezed through this chapter in just over an hour

I call shenanigans on this. I have probably played this episode more than anyone (with the possible exception of Brendan or Scott), and even skipping all dialog and going directly to the puzzle solutions, it takes me a good 50 minutes to beat the game.

There is no way you could beat the game in a little over an hour for your first time unless you skipped half the dialog and used a walkthrough, and at that point you are hardly giving the game or the review the justice it deserves.

I also challenge his "only two puzzles" comment, but I think I have grumped enough for one morning.
  • edited March 2008
    I decided to not get hyped for this episode.... BUT I'M PEEING MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT! Why isn't it tomorrow yet? :D
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Will wrote: »
    shenanigans
    grumped

Sir, I enjoy your vocabulary.
  • edited March 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    I'm gonna keep guessing Purple Monkey Dishwasher for every episode, the odds are I'll be right eventually :D

That is actually freaky my friend always shouts out PURPLE MONKEY MEGAPHONE!!! Usually for suggestions for names as well.... Oh my GOD!!!
    ARE YOU JACK!!!! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Wow, if Adventure Gamers liked it, it MUST be good! :p

Fortunately the new Smash Bros. will keep me distracted until I can get 204 tomorrow, so hopefully I can avoid the fearsome spoiler monster!
  • edited March 2008
    Just beat it. Was fantastic, best episode yet.

I don't agree with Eurogamer's review at all.
  • edited March 2008
    emily, is telltale's lucky number 4 by any chance? :D

both episode 4 on each season seems to be the most highly rated :cool:

p.s i know it has bee said a lot, but thanks again for sam and max, still funny to think its back and not going anywhere :cool:
  • edited March 2008
    indeed, was the best ever
    except for no night time driving :(
  • edited March 2008
    I call shenanigans on this. I have probably played this episode more than anyone (with the possible exception of Brendan or Scott), and even skipping all dialog and going directly to the puzzle solutions, it takes me a good 50 minutes to beat the game.

There is no way you could beat the game in a little over an hour for your first time unless you skipped half the dialog and used a walkthrough, and at that point you are hardly giving the game or the review the justice it deserves.

I also challenge his "only two puzzles" comment, but I think I have grumped enough for one morning.

No, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Eurogamer reviewer did exactly what you suggest: use a walkthrough and skip lots of dialog.

EDIT: There's an IGN review up. It's almost spoiler-free but it spoils
    the time travel
    and (I think accidentally)
    the identity of T-H-E-M
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    I read through the Adventure Gamers review, and I must say I'm a bit worried for tomorrow. Not for the gaming mind you, but because before this episode, I've barely gotten my antique computer to run the episodes. And that's with graphics at the very bottom, all autostart objects turned off, and I've still had to pour loads of grease into the circuitboards just to keep it running for a couple minutes more before the eventual crash and reboot.

Am I wrong, or will this episode be quite a lot heavier on the system requirements than previous installments? It sure sounds like it.
    edited March 2008
    Am I wrong, or will this episode be quite a lot heavier on the system requirements than previous installments? It sure sounds like it.

You're wrong. There's nothing that make will make this episode any more resource intensive than any other.

Just curious, what are your system specs?
  • edited March 2008
    No, you're definately wrong.

Whatever gummed up the gears of 203 and caused it to bog down in memory usage on my computer is completely gone in 204, and I ran through the whole thing without needing to reboot the game once to free RAM, even though it probably has the most locations of any episode.
  • edited March 2008
    204 rocked, I just can't wait until 205 now! You guys get better each episode and Season 3 will be even better!
  • edited March 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    No, you're definately wrong.

Whatever gummed up the gears of 203 and caused it to bog down in memory usage on my computer is completely gone in 204, and I ran through the whole thing without needing to reboot the game once to free RAM, even though it probably has the most locations of any episode.

I noticed that too. Other than the
    soul crusher room
    , everything loaded up quite fast for me and my measly 512 megs of RAM.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    You're wrong. There's nothing that make will make this episode any more resource intensive than any other.

Just curious, what are your system specs?

That's a relief.

I'm running an Intel Pentium 4 1.7GHz machine with a Geforce Ti 200 and, well, here's where it really goes down the drain: 256 MB RAM. :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.