204 Spoiler thread!

Comments

• edited March 2008
    esteban wrote: »
    The printer create the time card for the time elevator. Without ink, the printer create blank card which can be use to go to the beginning of the universe
    Yeah, about the printer, there was an ever so slight mess-up...
    I removed the ink ribbon first, and then went back to El Capitan. Then, a card was printed for Embarrassing Idol, without ink!
  • edited March 2008
    About the hidden satanic message... Can anyone who has the skills to do it post what the Devil says? I'd be very grateful.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    barchetta wrote: »
    Oh, now that I mention DOTT - I thougth the voice of last episodes Jurgen's Monster was very much like this guy (forgot his name) in DOTT who's collecting post stamps!

The voice of the monster is also the voice of Brady Culture. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Yeah, about the printer, there was an ever so slight mess-up...
    I removed the ink ribbon first, and then went back to El Capitan. Then, a card was printed for Embarrassing Idol, without ink!

Yes, I saw this bug too...
    in fact, if you use the cork on the volcano and take the obituary before meet the mariachis, you can pull off the ink before the scene with the embarrassing idol card, I guess it's a little bug continuity
  • edited March 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    The voice of the monster is also the voice of Brady Culture. :D
    NO WAY!! That's so cool!

I wonder if Brady sold his soul to the devil this season...
  • edited March 2008
    Is that the Toy Story DVD on the dart board in the near-future office?
  • edited March 2008
    esteban wrote: »
    I hope : Maybe for 301 !

Or 205
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Sp0tted wrote: »
    Is that the Toy Story DVD on the dart board in the near-future office?

I think it's a Stuttgart On-Line disc.
  • edited March 2008
    dang it Telltale why'd you have to take out the street/office/DRIVING?!
    edited March 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    dang it Telltale why'd you have to take out the street/office/DRIVING?!

Just keeping things mixed up. Some episodes this year didn't have Sybil's or Bosco's! This story worked pretty well without the street, we thought. It does have the office, though! Just... the office from a few slightly different times.
  • edited March 2008
    Slowpoke wrote: »
    About the hidden satanic message... Can anyone who has the skills to do it post what the Devil says? I'd be very grateful.
    After unleashing some 1337 skills (count 'em!), I think the hidden message is "You'll be very sorry, Sam & Max!", with a slight drum pause in-between and with "Max" barely audible with the music starting (ie, stopping).
    Sorry for not getting the whole thing and for putting RAR into ZIP; the attachment restrictions here are pretty strict.
    [edit: better files four posts down]
  • edited March 2008
    Wow, that's... really, really creepy! Good job on inverting it though. :)
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks but is there anyway you could make a quicktime file.:)
  • edited March 2008
    I think it just says "Sorry Sam and Max"
  • edited March 2008
    Zachspyfox033: that's because I only posted the last half!
    Mysterysheep: thanks for reminding me to convert (d'oh!).
    Here's an mp3 version, guys. And make it "You'll be very sorry, Sam & Max".
  • edited March 2008
    Woah, that was freaky!

Thanks again, Harald. :)
  • edited March 2008
    I personally can't hear the "you'll be very" part at all, but I can hear the "sorry Sam & Max" bit.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    I totally missed that one. Did we get to hear it as they entered the portal? Great job extracting it, anyway.

And on the topic of hidden messages... Did anyone figure out what the chant at the end of 201 was?
  • edited March 2008
    overall it was a pretty good episode. some great lines but in the end i think i prefer 203 still. while I hate cliffhanger endings, i think it would be great becuase its a change from the typical starting a new mission in the office and going from there. season 2 will have a good continuity playing through each episode again once we get the dvd.
    i was actually bummed that the ufo only had two rooms, which were pretty simplistic at that. i was hoping to solve more puzzles on the ship itself and maybe some more funny rooms. like a room with people getting experimented on, or a room full of cattle that have been altered in some way.
  • edited March 2008
    I absolutely loved this episode.
    Playing around with Bosco's heritage was awesome, and possibly the only thing that could have made that even better is if we could have other characters' spit, like Sam, Max, Stinky, Bosco (whoa that would be messed up...kinda like how Chuck Norris is his own father...), the mariachis...

All that time traveling was fun to play around with, too!
  • edited March 2008
    I finally finished it! The puzzles were great- they had me wracking my brain, but none of them were frustrating, obscure, or illogical. Everything made sense, even though I had to resort to hints for a few. *shame*

203 is still my personal favorite, but this episode was really something special. In addition to the brilliant puzzles, the time travel stuff was amazingly clever, and I still maintain that Telltale is full of MAD GENIUSES because how everything worked out just made my head spin- like how
    Sam finds all the stuff behind Bosco's counter, and Max comments on how he'd kill for a time machine- and lo and behold, they end up with a time machine, AND have to do everything in season 1 all over again!
    Finally, I love how this episode ties everything together in such a wacky way- you wouldn't think that
    "time travelling mariachis in a UFO who may or may not have an unholy contract with Satan"
    would be a good explanation for anything, and yet, it makes perfect sense!

Also, yay, Jurgen cameo!
  • edited March 2008
    They remade everything from 102, but this time they used the Bosco items, didn't they?
  • edited March 2008
    Best Episode Ever!
  • edited March 2008
    mre wrote: »
    I totally missed that one. Did we get to hear it as they entered the portal? Great job extracting it, anyway.

Yeah, it was right at the end.
  • edited March 2008
    Wow, Harald, thankz! I was already giving up and assuming the message was only a joke!
  • edited March 2008
    I finally got a good look as to what's in the closet in the future.
    Seems Future Max got another bulk order of cheese. As well as the Mariachi's guitar and trumpet, Stinky's ship wheel, a megaphone, a Torture-Me-Elmer that's in peices, a birthday cake...
    :D No sign of Leonard, so I'm assuming he's either dead or they let him go.
  • edited March 2008
    I really like the episode, it's one of my favourites. It has those laugh out loud funny moments that in my opinion 203 lacks. And, for the first time ever, I actually cared about the story of a Sam & Max game. The only minor complaint I have is that the episode is too easy. The new Sam & Max games have gotten gradually harder until 202, which, for me, struck a pretty good balance. I just hope that 205, as the final episode of the season, will be more difficult.

And I just want to say that I love the new Sam & Max games. I really do.

PS: And I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved that I wasn't able to take spit samples from Sam and Max to create more hideous hybrids with Bosco.
  • edited March 2008
    Did anyone of you tried to put the tar cake sample to the baby maker?
  • edited March 2008
    I can't be the only person who busted a gut at the testy exchange between Sam and the time machine in Mama Bosco's shop.
  • edited March 2008
    Sammy wrote: »
    Did anyone of you tried to put the tar cake sample to the baby maker?

I tried. It won't let you do it... can't remember Sam's exact comment, but I thought a tar/Bosco hybrid would have been very amusing :)
    edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    I tried. It won't let you do it... can't remember Sam's exact comment, but I thought a tar/Bosco hybrid would have been very amusing :)

Like that thing that kills Tasha Yar on Star Trek: The Next Generation!

or,

captaincrunch3.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Like that thing that kills Tasha Yar on Star Trek: The Next Generation!

haha! so true :D
  • edited March 2008
    Just finished 204. Thanks for the great ride.

I have doubts about this episode at first: I thought the premise
    (time travel)
    is a rather corny and cliched sci-fi idea. Also, instead of a balanced mix of different types of humor -- coarse, learned, satire, wordplay, innuendo -- the early part of the game is too heavy on body-fluid jokes. The characterisation is a bit strange (How come Sam got to be
    the creator of Bluster Blaster
    ?!)

But the game sure gets better later,
    especially after the Embarassing Idol set, when two copies of Sams and Maxes meet
    . The humor is more balanced. All in all, a rich, colorful and accomplished game.

Q: how did Superball began working at the White House
    in 1963 when he was only 41 last year, in episode 104
    ?
  • edited March 2008
    He may be
    doing some time travel of his own. He is working for someone trying to suppress it, after all. Alternatively, he may have sold his soul in exchange for (possibly amongst other things) not aging beyond 41.
  • edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »

Actually I was thinking too complicated there. Since Grandpa Stinky was always talking about his "secret ingredient" in the tar cake, I thought putting the sample in the baby-maker would create a Bosco consisting of one half Bosco and the other half that secret ingredient. It took a while (and if I remember correctly Max' hint as well) until I realized that it's enough to hand the sample to Superball...
  • edited March 2008
    Randulf wrote: »
    The characterisation is a bit strange (How come Sam got to be
    the creator of Bluster Blaster
    ?!)

I saw that as a swipe at
    Anakin Skywalker creating C-3P0
    for no reason whatsoever.;)
  • edited March 2008
    RobD wrote: »
    I saw that as a swipe at
    Anakin Skywalker creating C-3P0
    for no reason whatsoever.;)
    Yeah, that was what I immediately thought of as well. Somehow, I think it was an intentional reference, what with young Sam wanting to go to Penn station to pick up some power converters. :)
  • edited March 2008
    If old Stinky has no kids in 1980, does it rule out the possibility that he has a fully-grown granddaughter in 2008? But the two share the trait of being a ridiculously hyperbolical liar, not to mention that she knows about the tar cake.

Perhaps she is an offspring of an illegitimate child of old Stinky?
  • edited March 2008
    Randulf wrote: »
    If old Stinky has no kids in 1980, does it rule out the possibility that he has a fully-grown granddaughter in 2008? But the two share the trait of being a ridiculously hyperbolical liar, not to mention that she knows about the tar cake.

Perhaps she is an offspring of an illegitimate child of old Stinky?
    Or maybe she's lying.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm sure we'll find out about Stinky in 205. Maybe she is the devil.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.