Places to go in Sam & Max: Season 3

edited January 2009 in Sam & Max
Well... since last season some were spot on, lets try this year.
I say they'll end up in the centre of Earth, maybe thy'll visit some HTR locations for nostalgia or maybe they will make a trip to the jungle.
A great thing would be seeing Other places in New York aside from their street, like partts full of people, likr in the comics

Comments

• edited April 2008
    i hope the first episode takes place in a swamp
    and the second, a soup kitchen
    the 3rd, the telltale office! ;)
  • edited April 2008
    Emu farm. Definitely emu farm.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm just waiting for the episode they break out the Steampunk version of the Mecha-Max
  • edited April 2008
    France.
  • edited April 2008
    Like what was said in the first post, I would like to see a location with random background people who you dont need to speak to but just gives it more of a populated atmosphere.
  • edited April 2008
    Background people = more programming time for what will just be memory eaters. I doubt we would see a crowd outside of cutscenes.
  • edited April 2008
    Peril wrote: »
    Background people = more programming time for what will just be memory eaters. I doubt we would see a crowd outside of cutscenes.
    AWWW :(
  • edited April 2008
    France.

Actually I would like to see them travel the world instead.
  • edited April 2008
    A pirate ship! :D
  • edited April 2008
    RobD wrote: »
    A pirate ship! :D

Two pirate ships! Per episode! :D

Inside Bosco or Sybill! Like that episode of the Magic Schoolbus, where they drive the bus into the kid who's off sick or something. XD
  • edited April 2008
    I dont see why everyone wants to rehash HtR and the unreleased S+M:FP, I'd like to see completely new areas not in thoe games (certianly new ones not in HtR --- partly because though I own it, I'v enot played it)

I love the idea of goign inside people's heads, maybe a boscotech mind-reader, where you enter the target's PoV and hear his thoughts as s/he looks (clicks) around hte room, perhaps even get information byy makign the target answer questions wiht answers not avalible when playing as sam.

I'd like to see more time travel, revealing more of S+M's past. (also maybe some unusal and exotic locaitons like the prehistoric era, or even a chance to derail history minorly (preventing the crack in the liberty bell, having lady liberty become lord liberty (i.e. male statue instead of female) national bird becomes the Crow instead ofthe eagle, that sort of thing.

a LARP! yes that's nerdy, but it woudl be funny to hear their commentary on the poorly-made homegrown costumes and the peopel running around pretending to be warriors and mages and clarics.

Also, since it was referenced several times in Season 2 - the factory where they make elves!
  • edited April 2008
    i would like to learn more about Sam & Max's past as well, maybe play out there
    past or when they accidently mess up there future Sam has to fix the time stream
    Chariots of the Dogs
    oh....
  • edited April 2008
    Sam and Max traveling to other worlds.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm still waiting for the krypton's retaliation attack for max shooting a ICBM at their planet...
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Inside Max's head.
  • edited April 2008
    Sam & Max <--> Psychonauts ?
  • edited April 2008
    Wouldn't it be cool to go in the grand canyon, where there are guys who work to dig it?
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    A shooting range
  • edited April 2008
    A shooting range

For sam and max, everyplace is a shooting range ;) lol
  • edited April 2008
    I've always wanted Sam and Max's Desoto to hit a Radioactive truck, and them to gain superpowers.

There are two ways to implement this:
    A button similar to Reality 2.0 goggles button which would turn on/off superpowers.
    An actual cheat 'Ctrl+A' which in itself would be a joke of its own.

They would break into a superhero academy thing.
  • edited April 2008
    A couple of places I would like to see them go to.

1. A Disneyesque Theme Park (Yes, they have been to carnivals, but this is not the same)
    2. A Megastore of some sort. They could even have a minigame driving through the store
    3. A Prison
    4. A Cruiseship
    5. Ancient Rome
    6. A Parallel Universe (kind of like Bizzaro World)

I would also like to see them get shrunk down to microscopic sizes too. It could be like Fantastic Voyage or Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
  • edited April 2008
    would love to see them get stuck somewhere, sort of like
    Chariots of the Dogs

I'm not entirely sure why, but for some reason I wish we could see them riding that elevated train behind their office. It seems as though everything in the street setting has been touched upon except that.

Another great place to send them. The post office. You have to wonder what sort of crazy place that would be in the Sam and Max world.

Or, put them on the beach. Suppose they're on vacation or something and a case comes up. Not like in Moai Better Blues, but something less tropical.

I'd also really like to see Snuckey's make a return, if that doesn't infringe on any copyrights...
  • edited April 2008
    Wtb deeper episodes with time travel, season 3 = Day of the tentacle,

Sam & max in and old mansion in 3 time periods over 6 episodes :) now what could possibly be cooler than that :)
  • edited April 2008
    I agree on the cruise ship, that would be fun (maybe have it sail into a fog bank and get haunted or soemthing too...)
  • edited April 2008
    A couple of places I would like to see them go to.

1. A Disneyesque Theme Park (Yes, they have been to carnivals, but this is not the same)
    2. A Megastore of some sort. They could even have a minigame driving through the store
    3. A Prison
    4. A Cruiseship
    5. Ancient Rome
    6. A Parallel Universe (kind of like Bizzaro World)

I would also like to see them get shrunk down to microscopic sizes too. It could be like Fantastic Voyage or Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

I agree the prison, the theme park, the bizzaro world and the cruiseship:D:D
  • edited April 2008
    I always wondered where Sam and Max live, and after getting the animated series DVD, my question has been answered. I'd love to see their house from That Darn Gator make an appearance, and wandering around it as Sam in his dressing gown would be cool. :D

Also, Sam's granny has to return! :D
  • edited April 2008

Sam and Max live in a house... together...?

......I see this as a setup for a LOT of bad jokes and slurs...
  • edited April 2008
    Oh, trust me. That's been done in the TV Series already.

My favorite line is from The Geek where she comments about how nobody can adapt to Sam & Max's lifestyle. :p Read into it what you want.
  • mremre
    edited April 2008
    Ciremi wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure why, but for some reason I wish we could see them riding that elevated train behind their office. It seems as though everything in the street setting has been touched upon except that.

Not quite right. We still haven't gotten to see what's in Sybil's closet. :(
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    .... I think you can open it in episode 102, and you can see it in 101 when Sybil walks out of it.
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Oh, trust me. That's been done in the TV Series already.

My favorite line is from The Geek where she comments about how nobody can adapt to Sam & Max's lifestyle. :p Read into it what you want.

I've not seen that eppisode and probably wont anytime soon, so I'm gonna ask this with a straight face... ARE S+M mates in the TV series? (or hell everywhere? since max "goesnt like girls" it would make sence... and no I dont mean that in any kind of slur anti-gay way...)

@ jake:
    Yes, but she locked it, and nobody locks an empty closite!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    I've not seen that eppisode and probably wont anytime soon, so I'm gonna ask this with a straight face... ARE S+M mates in the TV series? (or hell everywhere? since max "goesnt like girls" it would make sence... and no I dont mean that in any kind of slur anti-gay way...)

I think Max doesn't like girls in the way a 6 year old boy who builds a fort out of his couch and puts a "No Girls Allowed!" sign on it doesn't like girls.
  • edited April 2008
    See: Momma Bosco on Max regarding Sam's intention in 204.
    "Temporal Anomaly Detected"

And besides, Max reproduces by cellular division.
  • edited April 2008

Set to: 'Can't turn you loose' by Otis Redding :D
  • edited April 2008
    I bet they have the mole men in one episode cause they introduced them in episode 5 season 2 in the sewer i bet they will end up rearanging the street agean + i hope that the upgrades you got for your car cary over
  • edited April 2008
    underwater like forever blue also read my post.
  • edited May 2008
    There is absolutely no need to revisit HtR's old locations, but I like the "cheap tourist atraction/horse and pony-show"-theme the locations in that game has.
  • mremre
    edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    .... I think you can open it in episode 102, and you can see it in 101 when Sybil walks out of it.

What!?! Here I've been playing through episode upon episode, and for no reason whatsoever? :mad:
  • edited May 2008
    Well, since the inside of Max's hyperkinetic skull was already mentioned, how about a pet store or the Molemen's 'glorious' civilization since it feels inevitable.
  • edited May 2008
    The setting from 202 is probably my favourite one from Season 2. So I guess I would enjoy episodes that take place in real locations - like the Arabian desert, the South American jungle, Siberia, Egypt, Paris, Australia... or even Ancient Greece or Rome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.