"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Grimm is based off of Fables in a way though...

I could imagine ppl being 'weird' about it is all I'm saying :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rVy3RBJmNo A spin-off series of this show by Telltale has a truckload of potential, especially the wide

• Dude, no offense, but you REALLY should break the habit of constantly shooting down everything I post on this forum.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Grimm is based off of Fables in a way though... I could imagine ppl being 'weird' about it is all I'm saying

• edited February 2015

How is grim based off fables? Fairytales have literally been around for hundreds of years its fair game

You could say fables ripped off special unit two

Grimm is based off of Fables in a way though... I could imagine ppl being 'weird' about it is all I'm saying

• I could imagine ppl being 'weird' about it is all I'm saying :/

I think the majority wouldn't care when they compare it to Minecraft. Personally I'm excited for that game, but I'm not most people.

• Thread: New game suggestions

Helloo people of the Internet I have some suggestions for games that telltale should make. A game like the show Dexter or a game like Criminal Minds I feel like it would be awesome if they did this. Any more suggestions?

• This should go in the generic telltale should make thread

• Done and done. :)

This should go in the generic telltale should make thread

• A game like the show Dexter or Criminal Minds

• The Skulduggery Pleasant series would be amazing to see in TellTale's format. It's got tons action, death, back stabbing, mystery, and history fluff. Hell, one of the characters is a skeleton, in suit.

If you haven't tried the series, I would suggest it, though some of the banter is a bit dry, and the first book may be a bit slow for some. (I still need to find the final book so I can read it. Not that I've been avoiding it because the book before it killed me.)

• Is that a kids book?

Dapnee posted: »

The Skulduggery Pleasant series would be amazing to see in TellTale's format. It's got tons action, death, back stabbing, mystery, and histo

• Technically, but it's like Harry Potter in a sense it targets a younger audience and the story progressively gets more intense as the main character and audience grows up (though the SP series is a lot darker in some cases). The reading level is lower than HP and is a shorter length, but I started reading the series again recently and still enjoyed it. I've seen there may be a few places online that have PDFs of the books if you want to skim.

Is that a kids book?

• Heeeey guys! And Telltale games. I think that a game based on the world of Professor Tolkien will be really cool! Lord of the Rings... can you image that?! And it will be a big plus for you, a lot of ardent fans of the world of Professor Toklin become your fans too.

• Aren't the rights to both the books and films owned by really strict holders??

I heard that the rights are near impossible to get :/

Please correct me if I am wrong though!

Toronhol posted: »

Heeeey guys! And Telltale games. I think that a game based on the world of Professor Tolkien will be really cool! Lord of the Rings... can y

• Yeah I remember hearing about it on blue peter, yeah im an adult that watches blue peter embarrassing right, it seems ok it was rated pretty highly as a kids book. Btw I rarely watch blue peter. Hmm I wanna write a book it would be nice to escape into a world of my own creation I could be a god mwahahahaha!

Dapnee posted: »

Technically, but it's like Harry Potter in a sense it targets a younger audience and the story progressively gets more intense as the main c

• The land of Oz could be fun theres plenty to play with there and I dont think the lore is too strict.

I would love to see the Borrowers world done in this style I love the idea of being a tiny person sneaking around in the walls using a sewing needle as a sword, you could have a spider or a rat as a mount and the moral choices could focus on is it right to steal or is it fair to reveal yourself when the person who sees you could be accused of being insane.

• The Land of Oz is used in Fables...

But I think TellTale should consider it :)

The land of Oz could be fun theres plenty to play with there and I dont think the lore is too strict. I would love to see the Borrowers w

• Yeah... no.

Honzik104 posted: »

I think the classic freestyle rap movie would make for an original Telltale game. Imagine being on the main stage, you have seconds to selec

• Here's a good idea: The Wolf Among Us Season 2... JUST FUCKING DO IT TELLTALE cries in a dark corner

• I feel like another fantasy/medieval based story for Telltale to adapt into a game would be redundant. Don't get me wrong, its a great idea, but they should maybe go after some other genre for a game.

Toronhol posted: »

Heeeey guys! And Telltale games. I think that a game based on the world of Professor Tolkien will be really cool! Lord of the Rings... can y

• Have you seen the movie?

papai46 posted: »

Yeah... no.

• This may seem like a terrible idea, but I always thought that a Hunger Games (in the arena and otherwise) game would be cool. I thought that even before the movies were released. Imagine how many different choices you could make! I don't think the playable character would be Katniss, however. Maybe you could play as multiple tributes/characters, like you do in Game of Thrones.

• The Land of Oz would be really cool, actually. There's tons of stories to go off of from the book and the movie. Even if it was in Fables, they could release something totally unrelated to it.

The Land of Oz is used in Fables... But I think TellTale should consider it

• Actually, before Grimm was even created, a TV show for Fables was in the works. They ended up not doing it and came up with Grimm instead. The same happened with Once Upon a Time. They got the rights to do something with Fables and they didn't do it, so they replaced it with that. I'm not sure if that's what @HazzatheMan meant, but I'm guessing that it was. You can find info for that here, just scroll down to Adaptations.

While we're on the subject, though, there is a movie in the talks for Fables after many failed attempts for a screen adaptation of it. You can find info on that here.

How is grim based off fables? Fairytales have literally been around for hundreds of years its fair game You could say fables ripped off special unit two

• That would be better as a action game. If there isnt a game already I wonder why not, its such a popular film series

choircorgis posted: »

This may seem like a terrible idea, but I always thought that a Hunger Games (in the arena and otherwise) game would be cool. I thought that

• edited February 2015

Just because fables is all the rage at the moment doesn't mean that fairytale and fantasy themes should be off limits. Fables wouldn't exist if it wasnt for using other storys so they are the biggest rip offs of them all. Is wind in the willows or even dickens off limits?

Actually, before Grimm was even created, a TV show for Fables was in the works. They ended up not doing it and came up with Grimm instead. T

• I would like to see TellTale do this actually :)

The Land of Oz would be really cool, actually. There's tons of stories to go off of from the book and the movie. Even if it was in Fables, they could release something totally unrelated to it.

• Video games based on big films and vice versa are usually terrible (imo though)

That would be better as a action game. If there isnt a game already I wonder why not, its such a popular film series

• That is what I meant, but the others are right. You should still be able to make Grimm and have Fables/TWAU at the same time.

I personally do not like Grimm or OUAT, but TellTale are good at this so I'll give them the benefit if the doubt if they make it...

Actually, before Grimm was even created, a TV show for Fables was in the works. They ended up not doing it and came up with Grimm instead. T

• I think hunger games is crappy but people love it for some reason. Im just surprised it hasn't been cashed in properly

Video games based on big films and vice versa are usually terrible (imo though)

• I'd say give it time, but games based on films (and vice versa) have been rarer and rarer lately...

I think hunger games is crappy but people love it for some reason. Im just surprised it hasn't been cashed in properly

• edited February 2015

It seems that Telltale Games got tempted by money so they focus on already very popular stuff instead of growing their own IP which would probably benefit them more in a long run as they would be allowed to make games they actually want to make.

It seems like it's been forever since Telltale did a comedy game. Back to the Future had some funny moments, of course, and Inventory 2 was gr

• So I specifically made an account because I had a great idea, one that no doubt has been mentioned here before and I apologize if I am regurgitating another person's idea. As I write this I am finished up an episode of Star Trek Voyager. This particular episode (S2.Ep.1) deals with the Voyager crew finding a group of human survivors on the other side of the galaxy, a part of the universe where, supposedly, no human colony has been established. Now the Voyager vessel is decades away from reaching Earth and their crew is draw to this new human colony out in this uncharted region of space. Part of the crew wants to continue the journey home, the other part want to stay on this new colony; reestablish a life here. The Captain, Kathryn Janeway, must decide whether to allow her crew to make the choice themselves or continue on their journey to reach Earth.

Now this choice was incredibly tense and very impactful. The starship Voyager is already low on crew members, does she allow even more to cut and run? Too few crew members and they can't even operate the starship. But shouldn't her people be given this choice?

You can see where I'm going with this. A gigantic moral dilemma that can have long lasting reflections. Not only does a Star Trek game provide the classic Tell-Tale choices but the possibilities are endless for continuous story lines. Out in the uncharted vastness of space anything is possible, so any story idea is at least fathomable. We can traverse the stars and meet new races or familiar ones like the Vulcans or the Klingons, make choices to gather friendships or design new villains. The personal relationships among the crew could provide specific missions, giving allegiance to one crew man and slighting another etc etc.

I love Star Trek and I love sci-fi. The vastness of space is both romantic and exhilirating and I know I'm not alone in imagining a story-driven, choice driven Tell-Tale game based in this universe.

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you guys think.

Qapla' Friends!

• Cool : ) star trek has been mentioned but your case is realy good it would make a fantastic setting for a telle game and with space the possibilities are endless so it can be so varied episode to episode

gazrbeam posted: »

So I specifically made an account because I had a great idea, one that no doubt has been mentioned here before and I apologize if I am regur

• No, but you asked if anybody found your idea interesting and i said no.

Have you seen the movie?

• That's the Eminem film right? I haven't seen it but your idea sounds more suited to a game like DJ Hero...

I can't imagine an episodic-series based on that film :/

I think the classic freestyle rap movie would make for an original Telltale game. Imagine being on the main stage, you have seconds to selec

• indeed. And with Jurassic World coming out this june, it might be a great way to re-invent JP-the game, maybe knock out some rickity bits in the old version, and re-experience the terror of JP yourself again?

Clord posted: »

But they already made multiple seasons for some series.

• I don't know if anyone here are Rick and Morty fans, but if you've seen the show you know that it's funny and smart sci-fi that would be beyond fun as this type of game.. Of course it would be way more light-hearted than most of these games but the series has potential to go to dark places and has great storytelling

• I did not think about it, maybe you're right. :)

Aren't the rights to both the books and films owned by really strict holders?? I heard that the rights are near impossible to get Please correct me if I am wrong though!

• You're right. Then they should offer to create a game based on some blockbuster! :DDD

I feel like another fantasy/medieval based story for Telltale to adapt into a game would be redundant. Don't get me wrong, its a great idea, but they should maybe go after some other genre for a game.

• But Rick And Morty already has an episodic point n' click series for free, and not to mention that the series is based on Back To The Future.

I don't know if anyone here are Rick and Morty fans, but if you've seen the show you know that it's funny and smart sci-fi that would be bey

Sign in to comment in this discussion.