"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• I think basing them off of the books is actually much better. The movies had to cut out some things in the book that I think would make very interesting storylines. Plus, making decisions while in the Capitol and deciding what to do while in the arena would be the main focus. True, it definitely would need some action, but there's some in WD and GOT. It wouldn't take very much and there's tons of stories you can build off of Panem and the Districts. That's why I think it'd be interesting- not just because it's popular or whatever.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I'd say give it time, but games based on films (and vice versa) have been rarer and rarer lately...

• Agreed. :)

I would like to see TellTale do this actually

• There is an online game, but it's not that great. It's kind of like a Farm Town type thing except it's Hunger Gamed themed. One of those cheesy games. :/

That would be better as a action game. If there isnt a game already I wonder why not, its such a popular film series

• That's true and I don't think they should be completely off limits. It's just that while marketing the games, people may think that they're too similar. I could be totally wrong, but that would probably be my first impression before playing the game, too (because I'd definitely give it a try anyway if it were real and there may be others who would do the same). I guess they'd have to try it and see before we'd know the reaction.

Just because fables is all the rage at the moment doesn't mean that fairytale and fantasy themes should be off limits. Fables wouldn't exist

• Some books have been made into games...

The only one I can think of that I have played is The Fellowship of the Ring on PS2. Unlike The Two Towers and Return of the King (which were both based on the films) Fellowship was based on the book :P

It was ok, I hadn't read the book so some things like Tom Bombadill and the Barrow Wights were new to me, but it was an enjoyable game in spite of how old it was when I played it :D

choircorgis posted: »

I think basing them off of the books is actually much better. The movies had to cut out some things in the book that I think would make very

• True. I liked Grimm, but I reached a point where I had to stop because I'm not a huge TV show person and I didn't want to get to into it at the time. Once Upon a Time, I got to maybe season three and then all of my buttons were pushed when it came to the writing for the show so I cut that one off, too. I'd still play the games, just because I'd be too curious not to.

That is what I meant, but the others are right. You should still be able to make Grimm and have Fables/TWAU at the same time. I personal

• I don't know if I've actually played any games that were based off of books (so what do I know) but I think it'd be a cool idea. There's another book by Scott Westerfeld called Uglies that would make a very interesting game (mostly because of the themes in the story). I know there's a YA theme here, but it's science fiction and it'd be worth looking into. There's a lot of opportunities to create a really unique game with it.

Some books have been made into games... The only one I can think of that I have played is The Fellowship of the Ring on PS2. Unlike The T

• I know there's a YA theme here

YA???

I don't know if I've actually played any games that were based off of books (so what do I know) but I think it'd be a cool idea. There's ano

• Witcher was a book first, thats the first thing that comes to mind

I know there's a YA theme here YA???

• A Star Trek game that's done right, with the moral dilemmas, would be amazing. Most Star Trek games to date have been the "Shoot The Klingons" or "Lookit the weird aliens!" variety.

gazrbeam posted: »

So I specifically made an account because I had a great idea, one that no doubt has been mentioned here before and I apologize if I am regur

• exactly. and looking back at old episodes, very little of Star Trek is actually fighting. Sure there are a handful of those episodes, but the core of Star Trek, where I really love it, is the science and exploration. Something goes wrong on the ship and you need to divert power from one resource to compensate. Thngs like that. There is real material here and I hope it gets recognized!

WarpSpeed posted: »

A Star Trek game that's done right, with the moral dilemmas, would be amazing. Most Star Trek games to date have been the "Shoot The Klingons" or "Lookit the weird aliens!" variety.

• The Hunger Games.. new characters and different games (So like a prequel)

There i said it.

• Young Adult. Books that fall under the category are like Hunger Games, Divergent, Fault in Our Stars, etc.

I know there's a YA theme here YA???

• I literally just mentioned a Telltale Hunger Games game! Great mind think alike! :)

#TeamSarah posted: »

The Hunger Games.. new characters and different games (So like a prequel) There i said it.

• Yeah i think the choices would be awesome and Telltale could make a really heart throbbing story.

I literally just mentioned a Telltale Hunger Games game! Great mind think alike!

• Make it from Assassin's Creed franchise.

• Why? Ubisoft make enough of them :/

Herodriver posted: »

Make it from Assassin's Creed franchise.

• edited February 2015

We mostly play the ancestor memories,I want a gameplay that strictly for the current time,playing as Abstergo employee and the modern Assassins agent.

Why? Ubisoft make enough of them

• So do I...

Maybe Ubisoft has that planned for a future game??

If it was an episodic point and click game by TellTale, you wouldn't have the freedom that Ubisoft offers :/

Herodriver posted: »

We mostly play the ancestor memories,I want a gameplay that strictly for the current time,playing as Abstergo employee and the modern Assassins agent.

• Thread: Would be nice a X-files telltale game

the idea just passed my mind and i liekd enough to create an account only to speak it to you guys.

as an old enjoyer of adventure games i think X-files would be able to do something like the dig did on the old days, being a nice sci-fi themed, and it would be great with the episodic released so caracteristic from telltales as well.

may not work since the series is a little old, but a reboot has been in talks from what i remeber and probably with that fox would want to promote it through some different medias like games.

jsut giving a heads up anyway, loved all the good work you guys have been doing with the classic adventure genre (that i'm not sure how people are calling it nowdays)

also not sure if it was the right place to post this.

• 100% agree with you

Poogers555 posted: »

If telltale makes Dr.Who

• edited February 2015

I would love some original IP. I like how TTG makes spin offs of already popular series but when they start to make games like MineCraft story mode It makes you wish they invested their time into original content instead of building off of other works.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited February 2015

You do know they are making an original IP right? They're partnering with Lions Gate to create a video game TV show hybrid.

(Also I like the idea of Minecraft: Story Mode)

Lee4ever posted: »

I would love some original IP. I like how TTG makes spin offs of already popular series but when they start to make games like MineCraft st

• Since Sega currently shifted their focus to PC and mobile, how about an episodic video game based on Sonic Boom?

• Has Anyone suggested Sons Of Anerchy yet ? i think it would be an amazing addition.

• Thread: 5 Games That Telltale Should Tackle

1. The Silent Hill Series

2. A story in the Arrow/Flash Universe

3. A Resident Evil Reboot

4. Mass Effect

5. Fallout

• Theres already a thread for these types of things.

But i'm not totally sure what id like to see honestly maybe some Lord of the rings?

• Well yeah, and it's very fun but also kinda minimalist.. Also I think it's more accurate to say it evolved from a BTTF parody.. it's nothing like BTTF otherwise

papai46 posted: »

But Rick And Morty already has an episodic point n' click series for free, and not to mention that the series is based on Back To The Future.

• A game based on the show Vikings or a Better call Saul game lol.

• HARRY POTTER!!!!

• I'd rather them stick to basing things off than a middle man for another game series. But anyway

1. Meh could happen

2. What

3. Definitely not any of the new ones

4. Mass Effect has a choice base system that is more noticeable so redundant

5. Even though it has a choice system I think Telltale could work around it and bring it to life

• Yeah, I could see it. Though it should be 2-D since the idea of it being 3-D is kind of weirding me out. (And it'd hopefully not break the 3rd wall a thousand times like in it's AS hosted game.)

I don't know if anyone here are Rick and Morty fans, but if you've seen the show you know that it's funny and smart sci-fi that would be bey

• How about an interactive version of a classic story like DRACULA with Mina as the PC, where the player can actually influence events to the point where they could lead to a wide variety of alternate realities and endings?

Alt text

• I'd like to see Telltale's original IP be something like Stoneheart Asylum or maybe even Shutter Island. A horror/emotional type story set in an asylum with a weird past and workers that eventually build to some massive plot twist or something

• Here's another one: INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS. Imagine the player slotted into the Kevin McCarthy role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFnSxeDfENk

• Breaking Bad: A Telltale Games Series?

• edited March 2015

I personally, would love to see telltale make a game that goes back to the days of ancient Rome.
    The game timeline takes place while Rome is at war with the Ancient Gauls.

As a young Roman man, you come from a Middle-class family, and your character's dream is to participate in a grand military campaigne against Rome's enemy, like his grandfather who served under Julius Caesar, but unlike his grandfather, your character wants to make a name for himself.
    Your character, starts out as a relatively naive, yet intelligent young man, who has dreams of glory, but over the course of the game, he gradually becomes hardened by the harsh realities of war, which includes seeing friends die on the battlefield, and watching fellow soldiers commit atrocities against the locals, some of which your character has the option of stopping.

And depending on the choices, both dialogue and whatnot, he will either begin to become disillusioned with the idea of fame, or he will become all the more determined to make a name for himself.
    As well as becoming either cold and brutal, or noble and chivalrous, both in battle, and in dealing with the local inhabitants.
    And regardless of what decisions you make, your character will make both friends, and enemies.
    During combat, characters will become outnumbered, and you will have to choose who to save.

And during the first Season, the question that looms is, who will your character become?

In Season 2, Your character has risen to the rank of Captain, which adds the feature of not just fighting in battles, but also commanding soldiers.
    In Season 2, you and your men get separated from the rest of the army by a deadly blizzard.
    And the goal is to make it back to the rest of the army, doing so through very dangerous territory, territory populated by hungry wolves, and deadly Gaul warriors.
    And the question looking throughout the Season: "Can you and your men make it back alive?"

• edited March 2015

I'd also like to see Telltale make a game that takes place during WW2, before D-day.
    Your character is a 21 year old guy, who gets drafted.
    Your character starts out as a relatively naive, yet intelligent young man.
    Over the course of the war, he gradually becomes hardened, from witnessing fellow soldiers die on the battlefield, as well as watching his fellow soldiers commit atrocities against the locals.

Based on different dialogue options, and whatnot, your character will either be a decent individual, both in combat and alike, or he will become a cold-hearted killer.
    And over the course of the game, the question that constantly looms is: "What to do next?"

(The combat portions of the game are brutal and gory, much like what was featured in the Steven Spielberg film: Saving Private Ryan, starring Tom Hanks, and Matt Damon.)

In Season 2, your character, shortly after being promoted to sergeant, gets captured by the Germans, and gets put into a POW camp, a few months after the events of Season 1.
    And the goal is to escape.
    Over the course of Season 2, the two questions that loom are: "How and when to escape?"
    And: "Who to trust?", as some of the prisoners are spies that the Germans have placed in the camp as a way to keep tabs on the prisoners.

In Season 3, a few days after the events of Season 2, your goal is to make it back to your fellow soldiers.
    In doing so, you now have to navigate behind enemy lines.
    Your character encounters the French resistance, who volunteers to help him get back to his fellow Americans, with the proviso that he helps them with a few missions of their own.

In Season 4, you have since rejoined your unit, and reunite with your friends.
    Your character, gets promoted to Captain.
    And mid way through the Season, you and your men are called upon to take out a certain enemy sector.
    The mission is very tough, not to mention extremely dangerous.
    And the success of the mission, depends on the choices you make, including the orders you give your men.

In Season 5, a few months after the events in Season 4, you and your men receive the news, that soon there's is going to be a major assault on the beaches of Normandy.
    The goal for this Season, is getting yourself and your men prepared for the assault.
    During this time you will forge new friendships, as well as make new enemies.
    As well as strengthening old friendships, and possibly making peace with old enemies.

And at the end of the final episode, when your men and you land on the beach, based on the decisions you make, your character will either be killed on the beach, or will survive, and will be seen returning home.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.