"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited April 2015

BREAKING BAD GAME

Spoiler: final choice

[Knock]

[Don't knock]

• that game would be filled with vacationers to Belize.

Gary-Oak posted: »

BREAKING BAD GAME Spoiler: final choice [Knock] [Don't knock]

• Mythbusters tested it, they both could've floated on the driftwood.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Yes, titanic. Thought this was on another thread.

1. Battle Royale:similar to Hunger Games, but with better rules, more opponents and the fact that you're up against classmates(so you actually know them and loyalties mean more)
    2. Bioshock: fantastic story. Could take place during the fall of Rapture.
    3. Fallout: post-apocalyptic fun. Good story, and a ton of creative freedom since they could pick a state(or country) that hasn't been in a game yet.
    4. Merlin: magic, knights, hiding your secret from Arthur. Could be aimed at all ages.
    5. In the Flesh: a zombie series where the zombies have been cured, but people still hold resentment towards them, could make an interesting game.
    6. Original superhero team: superheroes are fun(and very popular) if it's original then they won't have to get rights and have creative freedom.
    7. Lost/ stranded on an island: tense situations, group dynamics, could be neat.
    8. Stargate/wars/trek: great(campy) Sci-Fi, various alien races different worlds in different episodes?
    9. Awake: great show that got cancelled to early, basically a dectective game, but with a cool sci-fi twist.
    10. Heroes: same as #6 but with independant people(and GOT style multi-protagonist gameplay) could have the original cast or have completely new people.
  • edited April 2015
  • edited April 2015

3 Really Solid Ideas

Okay, So I have a few really solid ideas, each that would work well with decision based gameplay and high quality story telling!

-I believe a series of "Heavy Rain" prequels would be great! One season could be Norman Jaydens where you spend it solving crime! Or Madison Page spending time doing investigative journalism based work. Scott Shelby would be similar to Norman Jaydens. Im not sure what they would do for Ethan, but the idea each character could get their own season with a unique and in depth story would be friggin amazing!

-A "Dexter" or "Breaking Bad" series would be really cool, playing as minor characters though. So instead of Playing as Walter White you play as Jesse Pinkman. Or instead of Dexter you play as Debra, Doakes, or Batista! Each season of the game could take place between seasons of each show.

-Last but not least a "Silent Hill" game. But to give it a bit of a creative spin, add character customization, this way you can really make it your own story! Sure you can make your character look a certain way, but I was thinking more along the lines of picking the mental status of your character. Do they suffer from OCD? Depression? PTSD? A whole plethora of disorders? Bad personal history? Heartbreak? Have a selection for different tragic backstory options! And based on the disorders/history you choose to give your character and the choices you make throughout the course of the game, you will face different monsters and then of course many different endings. Of course if this was a series it would need to be a new character for every season.

• Ooh, how about a Walking Dead series guys? It would be totally...

Wait, you mean they already did that?

Okay then, but maybe a Game of Thrones series would work? Just imagine all the choices you could make!

Wait, but...they already made one of those too?

Okay, okay guys. So, there's this niche comic series about a dog and a rabbit...

• Dragon Age telltale game would be awsome! :D

• A Life is Strange game... I am a genious!

• A little uneeded though. DA already has huge decision making in the game, it would make more sense for it to be something else in order to maximize the amount of games with choices.
    To be fair, I would buy that though.

Elfyoth posted: »

Dragon Age telltale game would be awsome!

• edited April 2015

It'd be great if TellTale made a game series of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake. It was a book and I think Marvel made it into a comic. The series takes place in a parallel world in which supernatural characters like vampires and werewolves exist alongside regular humans, with Blake's jobs including the re-animation of the dead as well as the hunting and executing of supernatural creatures (mostly vampires) that have broken the law. It's a murder mystery, something that seems to be right up TellTale's alley along side their TWAU and LAO. I'd firgure the game play would be a bit similar to TWAU and TWD. Like if you agree with me please.

Alt text

• Thread: Wouldn't be awesome if..

Wouldn't be awesome if they create a game based on LOST?
    I was thinking, and wow would be pretty cool!

• This might sound really childish, but I would really like to see TellTale do some sort of "haunted house" type of story.

It doesn't have to be necessarily horror as I feel like it would make a great parody. It would probably be better as a humorous adventure than a serious one. Maybe even a mixture like Tales from the Borderlands.

. . Yeah, that'd be badass. That or a Titanic game.

• What?

That's like... inception.

A Life is Strange game... I am a genious!

• No, its more like: INTERACTIVEANDCHOICEBASEDGAMECEPTION

What? That's like... inception.

• I think a really good idea would be Telltalle making a game based on The Ricky gervais show . You could base it on Karl's life or something .

• Im not interested on any more games based on TV Shows. There already far too many of those. Even tho the Walking Dead Games are better than the TV show. I know it wont happen but id like to see a sequel to Back to the Future. Anyways i would rather see more games based on original Concepts like "The Wolf Among Us" or on older games like "Tales of Monkey Island" and Maybe Movies. Put out a Lord of the Ring game and i might be happy.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well the Walking Dead video games are based off the comic, not the show.

Marty77 posted: »

Im not interested on any more games based on TV Shows. There already far too many of those. Even tho the Walking Dead Games are better than

• They're not only based on the comics, but they also take place in the same universe. I think Bone is the only one that isn't set in the same universe as the original source material, but I think some guy said Telltale's Back to the Future games aren't set in the film universe.

dojo32161 posted: »

Well the Walking Dead video games are based off the comic, not the show.

• Thread: A Hunger Games series by Telltale?

Very little information is given to any of the other games in the Hunger Games series. For example, we don't know about the 21st Annual Hunger Games or the 57th Annual Hunger Games. We just assume it was done under the same conditions as the first Hunger Games featuring Katniss and Peeta (74th Annual Hunger Games). But this brings to mind, what Telltale could do.

Hunger Games is a brutal contest and imagine the choices and consequences that could come to mind, if you were in the Hunger Games. How you treat others, how well you perform in training, what skills you excel at. I'd love to see Telltale create a Hunger Games series, in which we can make friends, enemies, alliances and it gives the perfect opportunity for multiple endings.

Do we win the Hunger Games in conquest? Are we happy we won? Are we saddened by our experiences? Did we lost? If so, how? Did you sacrifice yourself for a friend to win? Did an enemy crush you?

There are so many possibilities, it would be great to see.

• edited April 2015

I think this could really work.

Maybe 5 episodes with each episode being a day in the games or something.

And your choices decide whether you survive.

• That would certainly be very interesting, and ever since Telltale's partnership with Lionsgate it seems like a possible idea.

• I agree. Maybe the Lionsgate deal isn't just for an original IP...

Flog61 posted: »

I think this could really work. Maybe 5 episodes with each episode being a day in the games or something. And your choices decide whether you survive.

• Anyways i would rather see more games based on original Concepts like "The Wolf Among Us"

Well, technically "The Wolf Among Us" is based off of the Fables comic series. However, if you want to see Telltale doing an original concept, their first game to use the "Super Show" Season format will use an original concept and not a pre-existing franchise.

Marty77 posted: »

Im not interested on any more games based on TV Shows. There already far too many of those. Even tho the Walking Dead Games are better than

• I'll tell you one game I'd like to see Telltale make, is an Indiana Jones game.

• I'd like to see Telltale make a game based on World Of Darkness from White Wolf Studios.

• After searching the definition of allegory, I guess it could be seen that way, still great though!

GeM0001 posted: »

I don't think so

• Marvel-Comics, MCU, TV series and now Netflix-Series - how would a Marvel-TTG-Cooperation be?

• edited April 2015

i dont know if it has already been said but i think they should make a Battlestar Galactica game. It's an awesome show, great story, pretty realistic (even being science fiction), there could be a lot of great and interesting choices (make war to the last breath or try to achieve peace with the cylons, being a ironfist ruler or a diplomatic one...). I hope they will eventually make a game about this great show :)

• That grammar tho.

SacredJaek posted: »

Thread: I want NAruto to be the next tale tale game I love nAruto And a tell tale game for it would make me crime everi tim xD tell me what u think

• I'm got to say, I feel like Telltale could make an awesome horror/murder mystery similar to Scream. The whole "who's the killer" experience. A single episode is all it could take.

Alt text

I feel it could be an amazing title to play if Telltale ever gives it a go. I'd love for it to be a Scream game in particular since I'm a big fan of it, but I'd also like to see that style of film brought to life as a game by Telltale.

• edited April 2015

Thread: I would like to see TellTale do the Simpsons

The Simpsons if definitely one of my favorite shows! I think if TellTale did a Simpsons game it would freshen up the Simpsons since the show is getting a bit old a boring. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Probably work best as just a little game with like 3 episodes maybe nothing big

• No. I'm good, just because Telltale could it doesn't mean they should.

• I'm a fan of the Simpsons myself and as a fan for over 12 years I can safely say no. I really don't think The Simpsons is something that works for an interactive story based game. It works more as an open world mess crap up like Hit & Run.

• just because Telltale could it doesn't mean they should.

I know this but I think it would be cool

No. I'm good, just because Telltale could it doesn't mean they should.

• It works more as an open world mess crap up like Hit & Run.

True

Clemenem posted: »

I'm a fan of the Simpsons myself and as a fan for over 12 years I can safely say no. I really don't think The Simpsons is something that works for an interactive story based game. It works more as an open world mess crap up like Hit & Run.

• I disagree.

Like Clemenem said open world works better.

just because Telltale could it doesn't mean they should. I know this but I think it would be cool

• You know, a little spin-off Supershow could work great with something like this.

I love the Simpsons. Be a great way to get backstory for someone we all love, like Moe.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.