Thanks for your feedback on the Wii box. It's done now! :)

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    StewG wrote: »
    And the Sam & Max logo is supposed to be red. End of case.

I hate to re-open your case, but I don't find your evidence convincing.

Exhibit A:

250px-Sam_%26_Max_-_Surfin_The_Highway_%28front_cover%29.jpg

Exhibits B-F:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_and_max_se.png
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_and_max_cmcs.png
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_and_max_bdotm.png
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Seasondisc_boxart.gif
    http://www.amazon.com/DreamCatcher-PCO55250MB-Sam-Max/dp/B000OZHDWO/ref=cm_lmf_img_26_rdssss1

It was red in the opening title/box for Sam & Max Hit the Road, and in the trailer for Sam & Max: Freelance Police (and the cover to the Epic Color Collection comic book), but those are the only three major instances, out of five+ comic books/anthologies, 11 Telltale episodes, 13 TV episodes, and 1 LucasArts game (and one LucasArts trailer for a game that never came out) that the logo was red.
  • edited June 2008
    Ha, you got told.
  • edited June 2008
    [Citation Needed]
  • edited June 2008
    White. White is Wii, and Sam & Max is supposed to be written with red writing!!!
    The people who voted for yellow should be ashamed of their self.
    For shame!!!!
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I hate to re-open your case, but I don't find your evidence convincing.

It was red in the opening title/box for Sam & Max Hit the Road, and in the trailer for Sam & Max: Freelance Police (and the cover to the Epic Color Collection comic book), but those are the only three major instances, out of five+ comic books/anthologies, 11 Telltale episodes, 13 TV episodes, and 1 LucasArts game (and one LucasArts trailer for a game that never came out) that the logo was red.

Maby not only red then, but at least not blue!
  • edited June 2008
    Maby not only red then, but at least not blue!
    I happen to like the blue.
    I am a blasphemer! Shun... shun...
  • edited June 2008
    White. White is Wii, and Sam & Max is supposed to be written with red writing!!!
    The people who voted for yellow should be ashamed of their self.
    For shame!!!!

I'm proud to be ashamed.
  • edited June 2008
    Yellow.

But tone down the lens flare a bit. At first I thought Sam was a bit transparent! And it was hard to spot the yellowish Max.

So no lens flare on Sam's leg, a bit more white on Max (use Quick'n'Brite), red logo, fix typo and I'd be happy to buy it for my brother who has a Wii.
  • edited June 2008
    Hello to everybody, my english is BAD, so I don't talk too much...

I love the yellow one! :)
  • edited June 2008
    Neither. But if I had to choose, I would pick the yellow (even though the light source is... distracting...).

As a few people had suggested before, I would highly suggest going for a redesign or add something extra to what the cover already has. I know the main idea was probably to make it clean and simple, but it's too simplistic as it is.

Also, I have a problem that the cover does not describe the game very well. Don't assume that some random person will walk into a game store and automatically know who Sam and Max are if they saw this cover.

I'm not going to hide that I'm a new S&M fan. I just started playing the games early this year. Before then, my only knowledge about them were: it was an adventure game series and the main characters are animals. It was only when I actually browsed a few of Steve Purcell's drawings that I figured out that they were "cops" and starting to get a gist of their personalities. (Why I don't read game reviews or something? I don't know, I just don't.)

But definitely the fact that they were police (and that they looked like a fun duo) hit a key with me. There are so many games out there with animal protagonists, and guns won't set S&M apart from the gaggle. I looked over Hit the Road, Season 1 for PC, and the animated cartoon's box arts. They all have signs that they are police: their two-toned desoto on the first two covers and a "shield stamp" on the cartoon (as if "Freelance Police" wasn't clear enough in the title).

So, if I may ask a very important question: Why make a Wii version?

I want to say, and I hope you all agree, along the words of 'to gain new fans who wouldn't have given a glance at S&M before because it was exclusively a PC game.' Therefore, I think there should be different strategy for the premier cover. This is, after all, their first game console game...

Sorry for making such a long reply. I guess I needed to get that off my chest. ^^;
  • edited June 2008
    Breakman wrote: »
    So, if I may ask a very important question: Why make a Wii version?

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/comics/44527685
  • edited June 2008
    Personally, i'd suggest that sickly green that the swirly hypno stuff was in season 1... it was the iconic colour of the season after all! Why no sickly swirly green!
  • edited June 2008
    Because there was already enough vomitting in the game and they don't want that to happen in the game alise of Target?
  • edited June 2008
    Of the two, I prefer the white one.
  • edited June 2008
    The yellow works for me, actually. Am I the only person who appreciates the 'lense flare'?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    The box is done and submitted. Thanks everyone for the feedback. :D
  • edited July 2008
    White one suits Wii best, and the title in red looks better.

Yellow and blue? Come on people, where's your sense of color-matching?!
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    The box is done and submitted. Thanks everyone for the feedback. :D

So, the yellow one then?
    edited July 2008
    As it stands now, it's yellow, with red text, with Max lightened up a bit to be less yellow, and with the light burst (it's not a lens flare) reduced slightly. It's still subject to change a bit at TTG's and The Adventure Company's discretion, but everyone's feedback has been very helpful to the process :)
  • edited July 2008
    and with the light burst (it's not a lens flare)
    Yes! I told you! I told you all!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    I like the white one, but why not go with a green spiral in the background instead since it was so prevalent throughout the storyline of Season One?
  • edited July 2008
    Yellow, it's just better! Also YAY, we get to vote!
  • edited July 2008
    As it stands now, it's yellow, with red text, with Max lightened up a bit to be less yellow

All right! Good call :D

--Erwin
  • locloc
    edited July 2008
    at the moment, its going to be yellow, so could you please, after launch give a white version to download, with the back and all for the case
  • edited July 2008
    i like the yellow one :) it stands out that little bit more and has more of an impact than the white one has :D cant wait for it to be released :D
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    wiiboxvariants.png

Please make your voice heard!

yellow because it stands out alot
  • edited July 2008
    yellow cuz it stands out
  • edited July 2008
    As it stands now, it's yellow, with red text, with Max lightened up a bit to be less yellow, and with the light burst (it's not a lens flare) reduced slightly.:)

So... are you going to post it? We're (or at least I'm) looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    edited July 2008
    I think we're waiting for it to be officially 100% finished and approved by all parties.
  • edited July 2008
    The yellow one looks like a GOTY edition. As such, I prefer the white cover. However, I do wonder how the cover would look with a light blue background. I think it would make the characters stand out, add a touch of color, and still fit in with the Wii motif.

*EDIT* Gaaah! How did I not notice this thread had a closed poll and six pages. Oops... well, looking forward to seeing the game in stores when that happens.
  • edited July 2008
    From the screenshot i prefer the white one.
  • edited July 2008
    So is this box from Amazon the final box? (Can't remember if they had this art up before the poll or not)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FKG652zGL._SS500_.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    It's reasonably close, but not the final art.
    edited July 2008
    The images on the first page of this poll are both far closer to the final art than that Amazon shot.
  • locloc
    edited July 2008
    an ad for it
    smr.jpg
    the final art in corner maybe

edit: image should be working now
    edit2: found image here: http://digg.com/nintendo/Sam_Max_print_ad
  • edited July 2008
    The image isn't showing
    edited July 2008
    Cool! The box in the corner there isn't final -- it's a temp one, but they had to send that ad out to get printed early.

Here's the box which went out for submission:

wiibox_reflect.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    Ooh, is this site new? Looking great!
  • edited July 2008
    Cool! The box in the corner there isn't final -- it's a temp one, but they had to send that ad out to get printed early.

Here's the box which went out for submission:

wiibox_reflect.jpg

that box is so good,
Sign in to comment in this discussion.