Thanks for your feedback on the Wii box. It's done now! :)

124»

Comments

• edited July 2008
    White, but make the swirls in the background more prominant. It's clean, inviting, and says something about the season (but not too much).
  • edited July 2008
    I like it
  • edited July 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    Ooh, is this site new? Looking great!

I'm surprised Brady's fro was able to fit in that widescreen format. :D
  • edited July 2008
    i like the yellow it has more character
  • edited July 2008
    I still think the two PC boxes, especially the one we get through this website, are nicer. But this box isn't bad either, and they do look like they're running off to a rather exciting adventure. You can see the excitement in their dark, featureless eyes!
  • edited July 2008
    I hope JoWood doesn't change the box for the Australian release. Good jorb!:D
    Can you post a bigger version of the final box?
  • edited July 2008
    hmm, the final box is somehow missing a telltale-logo..
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »

It's probably on the back with all the other logos, seeing how TTG has their name scrawled across the top ABOVE the title.
  • edited July 2008
    It looks better with the box quote and logo.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    It's probably on the back with all the other logos, seeing how TTG has their name scrawled across the top ABOVE the title.

It is indeed on the back "with all the other logos" (Telltale's and the Adventure Company's :)).
  • edited July 2008
    Even though I don't have a wii.
    That looks great!
  • edited July 2008
    wiibox_reflect.jpg
    GASP! TELLTALE YOU ACTUALLY LISTENED TO MY REQUEST....
    *sniff* i love you even more now :o
    edited July 2008
    You're welcome! Now, buy at least ten copies!

also:

sammaxwiibox.png
  • edited July 2008
    Really missed the boat here, but a stark red background would have probably been best; it conflicts the least with the character colors.
  • edited July 2008
    I love you in a purely platonic fashion, Jake.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008

Random fact: Nintendo only allows the logo of the publisher of record on the front of the box.

Even though Telltale and The Adventure Company are co-publishing this game, TAC is the publisher in the eyes of Nintendo, so their logo goes the front.
  • edited July 2008
    ...so, other than being the people to look to for the best games I've ever played that nobody's ever heard about, what *is* The Adventure Company, anyway? Are they just the guys that have the infrastructure to distribute games in box and disc form, or what?

I'm just curious as to their role in this, and also why Nintendo considers them to be the "main" publisher. Was it just random, or what exactly?
    edited July 2008
    The Adventure Company is a registered retail publisher with Nintendo, which they presumably set up when they were publishing their other games on the Wii (eg that Wii Agatha Christie game). We're registered online publishers with Nintendo (SBCG4AP coming soon to a WiiWare near MeeWare!), but as far as I know, we didn't bother becoming a retail publisher in regards to Sam & Max Wii, because we were partnering with someone who already is one. They have the experience and infrastructure to mass produce games and to get them into stores. They're also in it together with us to go in on advertising purchases, and stuff. It's nice to not go it alone on something like our first self-published console retail release; having a co-publisher who wants the game to succeed just as much as you is a nice thing to have.
  • edited July 2008
    Wii fans rejoice! One by one, Sam & Max will invade and take over the PCs and video game systems of the world and cause the mass meltdown of every human brain in the world!
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    You're welcome! Now, buy at least ten copies!

also:

sammaxwiibox.png

i'll buy even more copies, i'll buy them all!
  • edited July 2008
    We got the finalized box art, and it's good. Now, TELLS US WHEN THE GAME'S COMING OUT! I need the information, so I can tell my co-workers over at GameStop the release date, and spread the word over to the over branches of the GameStop Corporation.
  • edited July 2008
    No specific date yet, but DreamCatcher/The Adventure Company (Telltale's co-publisher in the US) says August 2008. Does that help?
  • edited July 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    No specific date yet, but DreamCatcher/The Adventure Company (Telltale's co-publisher in the US) says August 2008. Does that help?
    Well, if it's August and some were on the 3rd. :(...
    It's August 3rd!
    You heard it hear, folks! Go spread baseless assumptions like some kind of plague or catharsis* or something!

*Word used completely incorrectly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.