Thanks for your feedback on the Wii box. It's done now! :)

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Kevin wrote: »
    For reference, here's a good compilation of the other games competing for it's attention on the shelf.

See this is why I think the white one would be better.. So many of those boxes have so much going on them.. With the white one, you see a rabbit and a dog holding massive guns.. nothing else, but that is an unusual image and you would think people would pick it up and wanna read the back.. the yellow one sam and max get a little lost for me.
  • edited June 2008
    "Telltale Games and the Adenture Company Present"
  • edited June 2008
    What's wrong with dentures?:(
  • edited June 2008
    I perfer the white. The yellow seems more of an eyesore. Just too loud and obnoxious looking. Especially with the lens flare.
  • locloc
    edited June 2008
    i dont llike the yellow one personally, but the white one i love, it makes sam and max themeselves stand out alot, and it instantly grabs the buyers attention, especially if the buyer never seen sam and max before. The white one will also go with the rest of the case, considering the case is white, and alot of other areas on the case are white, itll make it stand out so much better and makes the game alot more appealing to pick up and read the back to find out more.

The yellow one, i dont know, i really dislike it, it doesnt make it stand out at all, and it makes it not very appealing to pick up and find out what the game is about, also it doesnt make sam and max stand out at all, making the game blend in with the rest of the games on the shelf.

Also remember not everyone has seen sam and max so you want something bold and the main characters to stand out, to stand out from the rest and to catch the browsers eye.

I would be disappointed if the yellow one was the chosen colour, and if it was chosen ill go to the effort of going somewhere to get the white one printed
  • edited June 2008
    loc wrote: »
    i dont llike the yellow one personally, but the white one i love, it makes sam and max themeselves stand out alot, and it instantly grabs the buyers attention, especially if the buyer never seen sam and max before. The white one will also go with the rest of the case, considering the case is white, and alot of other areas on the case are white, itll make it stand out so much better and makes the game alot more appealing to pick up and read the back to find out more.

The yellow one, i dont know, i really dislike it, it doesnt make it stand out at all, and it makes it not very appealing to pick up and find out what the game is about, also it doesnt make sam and max stand out at all, making the game blend in with the rest of the games on the shelf.

Also remember not everyone has seen sam and max so you want something bold and the main characters to stand out, to stand out from the rest and to catch the browsers eye.

I would be disappointed if the yellow one was the chosen colour, and if it was chosen ill go to the effort of going somewhere to get the white one printed

I actually think the complete opposite.
  • edited June 2008
    The white, because first it's a Wii Edition, and the whole Wii communication is white, because then Max is yellow-lightned, and because I d'ont like the way Max's butt is shining on the yellow one, the flare is too strong to me ^^
  • edited June 2008
    From the replies that I've been reading, everyone has made valid points when it comes to both covers. I found myself agreeing with most of them, therefore making it difficult for me to decide! But in the end, I voted for the yellow cover. Why? It catches my attention more than the white cover does... But that's just me.
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    I'd like the white better if the gray spiral were more noticeable... but otherwise I chose yellow.
    Edit: After coming back a second time to look at it, I find myself preferring the white one. It just looks more like a Wii game case.

What he said.

But im still not quite sure.....
  • edited June 2008
    I picked the white one even though i wasn't blown away with either one.
    I still think if the background was a green swirl and the title was a orange it would look alot more appealing. (IMO)
  • EmiEmi
    edited June 2008
    I chose the white. I like the clean look of it and that yellow is ugly.
  • edited June 2008
    I liked the yellow yesterday, but this morning I woke up and realised I preferred the white. Don't know why, but there you go.
    I think if the lens flare or whatever it is was toned down on the yellow cover, it'd help a lot though.
  • edited June 2008
    My vote goes for yellow.
    It's my favourite colour ^_^
  • edited June 2008
    Ya white is the way to go it fits the Wii cover.
  • edited June 2008
    I have no idea.. :|
  • edited June 2008
    I'm liking the white one even more since I tilted my screen on my laptop so I could see the grey swirl. The real thing will look really good.
  • edited June 2008
    'adenture' company?
  • edited June 2008
    Definitely the yellow - just looks classier to me :)
  • edited June 2008
    pheeph wrote: »
    'adenture' company?

Wow, eyes like a hawk this one.
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    What's wrong with dentures?:(
    Hah! "See, we teamed up with a denture company, making for hyperrealistic dental textures and realistic chewing action!"

In all seriousness, I prefer the white one. I find the shade of yellow used in the other one a bit... nauseating.
  • edited June 2008
    The yellow is a bit nauseating, and the lens-flare blocks Max out too much for my liking, but i still prefer it over the white one. The Wii loves being white, and so it looks generic.
    Sam & Max are anything but.
  • edited June 2008
    I guess I'm the only one that hates lens flares that are originating from the crotch. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2008
    The Yellow one. It looks more "golden" and therefore more worthy of purchase and appraisal.
  • edited June 2008
    white for sure, cleaner, simple. yellow is a bit stain like
  • edited June 2008
    hmm, the white one looks more wii-ish...but the yellow one a bit more dynamic. i can't decide. couldn't you have the yellow one as the standard package and the white one when it is re-released as bargain-version? or vice versa...
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    hmm, the white one looks more wii-ish...but the yellow one a bit more dynamic. i can't decide. couldn't you have the yellow one as the standard package and the white one when it is re-released as bargain-version? or vice versa...

milk the audience for all they've got?
  • edited June 2008
    Reversible covers would be a good solution
  • edited June 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one that hates lens flares that are originating from the crotch. :rolleyes:
    *Crude joke here.*
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    *Crude joke here.*

*Equally crude rebuttal here.*
  • edited June 2008
    Seeing the other Wii titles, I'm beginning to think the white would indeed stand out more on a shelf.
  • edited June 2008
    I really like the yellow, but I think it would look a lot better if Max was whiter so he'd stand out a little more. The white looks very nice, too, but, as some have already stated, it doesn't really fit Sam & max.
  • JaiJai
    edited June 2008
    There's no apparent light source to explain why Max looks yellow on the white box, so he doesn't look right in the middle of all that plain whiteness.

The yellow box looks great, though. So I like it better.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't mind the yellow one.
  • edited June 2008
    Normally I hate yellow, but I'll go with the golden one.
  • edited June 2008
    I pick the white cover -- provided that the blue spiral winds up looking more visible on the print than it does on my monitor. It's a really close call, but the white one does have the advantage of Wii brand recognition, and it does "pop" a little more. The yellow one is nice, but I guess it's sort of in-between the two extremes of having a very detailed cover and a very simple cover. But in this case, extremes are good.

By the way, I don't think what's on the yellow box qualifies as "lens flare" -- that implies some diffraction effects caused by a bright light, including light circles and rainbow-looking stuff. This is really just a bright light.
  • edited June 2008
    Yellow please! White looks too "shovelware," if you know what I mean.
  • edited June 2008
    You know, I think I like the one in the middle.
  • edited June 2008
    woxel1 wrote: »
    Yellow please! White looks too "shovelware," if you know what I mean.

But 75% of Wii games have-- oh.
  • edited June 2008
    Yellow, it's much warmer and attracts attention in a nice, blissful way!
    It also fits in the season's rainbowy theme :D
  • edited June 2008
    Why is there no green or blue option?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.