Collaborative Fan-fiction (Continuation)

Comments

• edited March 2014

"My parents are--"

Clementine flinches when a small red fox jumps out of the thick shrubbery and scrapes the side of her leg, followed by a terrifying growl from where the animal came from. Preparing for what monster might be about to jump at her, Clementine grips a weak hand around her hunting-knife and hopes for the best. A few seconds pass in silence before the daunting shadow of a beast jumps out of the bushes and pounds onto Clementine's chest, forcing out the air and leaving her gasping for breath. In a desperate struggle to overpower the wolf-like creature the little girl manages to stab its neck, albeit in the slightest, causing it to lose its footing and making it fall face-first to the ground. She takes the opportunity to rise to her feet, but the lack of food and oxygen leave her dizzy and unable to act, giving the canine yet another chance to strike. A bolt of adrenaline rushes through her veins when she barely dodges the incoming attacker, which crashes right into a tree. When her balance has been regained Clementine hurries over to the stumbling animal to deliver the final blow, pushing her knife right between the eyes.

"That'll make for a nice meal..." She pants while leaning on her knees.

• edited March 2014

Are we only sticking to Clementine? Or can we use others like Ruby, Eddie, man in shorts, etc.

• Episode 1 will be Clementine only for we need to develop her character so she'll be independent and self-reliant when Ruby shows up. We don't need another caretaker like Lee and Bryan.

Note: Please don't make Clem too badass. Another thing we discussed before: Clementine should struggle with her past and with her isolation. This is what the next posts can look like.

Are we only sticking to Clementine? Or can we use others like Ruby, Eddie, man in shorts, etc.

• Good post! Sorry for the sudden absence, btw., I fell asleep while I was about to text you.

That_1_Guy posted: »

"My parents are--" Clementine flinches when a small red fox jumps out of the thick shrubbery and scrapes the side of her leg, followed by

• edited March 2014

Well, you CAN use Ruby, but she is not the main focus right now, and it would be better to talk to her using the walkie talkie. Although if you really want to use Ruby, that's fine.

• edited March 2014

Two days passed after Clementine's first nutritious meal in days. Climbing the largest pine in the area with a growling stomach Clem remembers her first attempts to skin and eviscerate the animal: At first she didn't succeed for it was hard to cut through the skin with her knife - the blade was way too blunt and her physical state was inefficient as well. The procedure got really messy until she came up with the idea to search through Bryan's equipment. Luckily she found another knife which was perfect for it. Another problem was to cut through the bones due to her weakness. In the end it turned out to be a piece of cake by just cutting through the joints. Clementine cannot remember when was the last time she got a meal just as tasty. "Taking in enough proteins is vital.", Bryan used to say...

When she reaches the peak of the pine she takes a look at the entire environment around her: Lots of treetops, a field with a few persons (probably walkers judging by the way they're moving), the church tower in a small village far away, a clearance, and ...
    Clementine has found what she's been looking for. The way down takes less time. She buckles on her back pack and picks up the fishing rod, heading to the river.

"Guess it'll be raining soon". With two small fishes in her net she picks up her stuff and heads home. Though, Clem wants to take another path for she has seen a cutoff when she was in the treetops. Her way home leads through an oak wood with a mossy ground. In the distance she can see a walker stumbling in between the trees with its back turned to her, grumbling in a weak way. Avoiding confrontation Clem sneaks to the left, trying to go down a hill without tripping.
    Suddenly the ground is moving and she slips down with the slip, faster than she wanted. Down the hill another walker welcomes her. Luckily its hand is stuck in between two rocks so it can't move towards her. Clem's focus is on the walker's back pack, though. When she approaches the undead reaches the other arm after her so quickly that Clem actually startles and draws back in a flash. Right beneath her feet is a branch Clem picks up to keep the ghost at bay. Eventually she takes a run-up and kills the poor soul at the first attempt.

While the fishes are cooking on sticks over the fire Clem cannot resist to open the back pack. It reminds her of christmas eve. "I wonder what's in there...". Eventually she decides to reveal its content, unzipping the bag very slowly. First thing she grabs is a sweater, larger than Clem's size. To her amazement it smells pretty fresh. Clem sinks her head into it, inhaling the soft hint of washing powder and fabric softener. The next thing is a book. It's "The little Prince". It has a lot of illustrations in it and Clem is very excited by the prospect of a little distraction. The third thing is an envelope, and the last thing is a photo. As she takes a closer look Clementine recognizes the very short haired girl on it as the walker from the rocks. She looks approximately the age of 16 and very self-confident. The boy next to her seems to be the same age, maybe a little older. He has much darker complexion and a nice smile. He reminds her of Omid. Then she opens the envelope and finds a letter in it. The writing looks very messy and at first it's hard to make out. Deep wrinkles are forming on Clem's forehead as she tries to concentrate. The smell of burnt fish interrupts her attempt, so she quickly takes them off the fire.
    After the meal she managed to decode the scribble:

Honey,

don't come after me, not under any circumstances, stay hidden and be quiet. Don't derelict the basement, I've made sure you got enough to eat for a week. Now listen: I've seen my mom. We thought she were dead! 've seen her on the back of a pick up, tied to other people, most of them women and kids, and the drivers were armed. I wanted to go after her, I was too slow, though. Dammit! Everything went so fucking fast, but I've got a clue where they were heading to! Everything will be fine soon, you gotta promise me to stay safe and quiet, I gotta go now, forgive me, love you!

Karim".

Clem takes another glance at the photo, sighing. "You should've listened to Karim ... Honey...". She then sticks the photo to the wall - another piece in her personal gallery. "Rest in Peace, Honey.". Then she sinks her head into her lap, starting to cry uncontrollably.

Note: The girl is NOT Ruby's daughter

• edited March 2014

Nice post!

TheMissus posted: »

Two days passed after Clementine's first nutritious meal in days. Climbing the largest pine in the area with a growling stomach Clem remembe

• Thank you - I hope you mean it :')

Nice post!

• I am always honest. No point in speaking if you don't really mean it.

Thank you - I hope you mean it :')

• edited March 2014

Emotions flooded in. Sadness, anger, fear, grief... She was scared, all alone and was afraid she wouldn't make it. So many people had died, people that she knew and loved, people who cared for her. She was scared that meeting more people are just more people to love and then lose. Clem was scared that she wouldn't survive. She then remembered Lee... "Don't be afraid. You... You can do anything Clem" he had said with a smile. Clementine wiped her tears with her sleeve. "I have to keep going. Lee would want me to." she said with a sniffle. Clem slipped on the sweater If they were alive. I would like to think they would help me. she thought. She lay down on a makeshift sleeping bag she had made and slowly closed her eyes...

[Stop Music]

In the morning she awoke to the sound of the talkie and the patter of rain. Clementine picked it up and clicked the button "I was sleeping. What is it?" she said with a yawn. "Sorry to have woken you up. I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want to hear first?" Ruby said in a tired tone as well. "Some good news would be nice." Clementine responded. "The good news is that I see that church you said you were at." Ruby said trying to sound happy. "And the bad news?" "Well... I saw some men walking around like lost dogs. It looks as if they have no where to go, and they just wander around with their guns looking for supplies. It's getting harder to travel the farther I go. Do you know these people?" Ruby said.

Clementine decided to be honest "Yes I know them. I-- I'll tell you about them when you find me. Do you still think you can get to me?"
    "Yes! Don't worry I'll be there maybe around tomorrow.. How ar---" Ruby is cut off by the sounds of gunshots and then crackling. "What happened? Are you okay?!" Clementine says into the walkie talkie. No response.

(I hope this was okay. If anything is wrong or you don't like something tell me.)

• Well in my first post in this I had Ruby mention Someone called 'Lauren'Which I personally Had as the name of Ruby's daughter So I personally didnt' think 'Honey' Was the daughter.

Two days passed after Clementine's first nutritious meal in days. Climbing the largest pine in the area with a growling stomach Clem remembe

• I was thinking of honey as a caressing nickname (like sugar or sweety), not as a forename, that's why I've made that note.

Well in my first post in this I had Ruby mention Someone called 'Lauren'Which I personally Had as the name of Ruby's daughter So I personally didnt' think 'Honey' Was the daughter.

• Very well done! I like your writing. One thing is I am not quite sure that Ruby can be around the corner just yet, as she said it takes 5 days approx. to get there. Other than that very good.

Emotions flooded in. Sadness, anger, fear, grief... She was scared, all alone and was afraid she wouldn't make it. So many people had died,

• Thanks. Would you like me to change it so that she says it will take longer?

Very well done! I like your writing. One thing is I am not quite sure that Ruby can be around the corner just yet, as she said it takes 5 days approx. to get there. Other than that very good.

• How does Clem know anything about these people from the description "men walking around like lost dogs." Rather then that good post.

Emotions flooded in. Sadness, anger, fear, grief... She was scared, all alone and was afraid she wouldn't make it. So many people had died,

• I think its supposed to be the scattered men of ... whats his names group. Some of the guys who invaded the Jack and his dad's camp. I was just thinking that they would be in the area. But if anybody wanted to change that it could be another group.... maybe the people that Karim mentioned in the letter.

MegaMoto posted: »

How does Clem know anything about these people from the description "men walking around like lost dogs." Rather then that good post.

• edited March 2014

I'd like to write. I know the basics of the original fan-fic, (Characters, Timeline, etc) But haven't gone around to reading the entire thing yet. So mind if I start off writing from a different perspective from a new Character? If that's okay with everyone of course. Just wanna create some new faces.

• edited March 2014

We apreciate your interest. Though, I'd rather you read the story before you start writing. Besides, this episodes task is to stick to Clem only, as we discussed earlier in this thread. I know how tempting it is to introduce new characters, but now is not the time. Hope you're going to catch up. Wanna see you writing with us.

Twistee posted: »

I'd like to write. I know the basics of the original fan-fic, (Characters, Timeline, etc) But haven't gone around to reading the entire thin

• Not necesarily. Just if you want to. Ruby could say it needs longer. I just think it's weird how close she is, seeing the church Tower.

Thanks. Would you like me to change it so that she says it will take longer?

• When the next episode hits we could add some new characters, just not right now. Still glad you're interested and if you want to write in a different perspective you could always try Ruby.

I'd like to write. I know the basics of the original fan-fic, (Characters, Timeline, etc) But haven't gone around to reading the entire thin

• If no one writes by the time I'm back from school, I'll take my first turn.

• Great, I'm glad guys. I'm currently catching up right now. I'll introduce my Characters next Ep.

• edited March 2014

(You know the drill: )

"Oh... Oh, God..."

Ruby runs away from the bulky soldiers while clenching onto her bullet-pierced shoulder. The blood seeps through her bony fingers and onto the wet, muddy ground below. A scream of pain emits from her mouth as the wound's pressure increases, alerting the soldiers and any walkers possibly hiding within the forest. Roaring engines announce the appearance of two large red pick-up trucks soaring down the hill like predators out for their prey. Left with no other option, Ruby runs as fast as her legs can go before reaching a slippery slope, where she plants her heels into the soggy mud, causing it to give in. Letting out a scream of fear, the woman lands on her wounded shoulder, fracturing the bone with a gut-wrenching snap. The unbearable pain leaves Ruby crying uncontrollably loud, giving a set of walkers the chance to appear. "Gah... Fuck..." she swears while desperately squeezing her blood-squirting shoulder. The two trucks manage to stop just at the edge of the slope, where the passengers step out of the car, jump down and kill the walkers, only to find their bleeding victim laying in the grass, silently weeping for help.

"Now that's a nice cow..." one of the men chuckles. "Pull her up and make sure she stays alive. You morons have done enough damage as it is."

- Back in the cave -

The satisfying click of an undone safety echoes through the cave as Clementine prepares for the battle that is about to commence. Roaring of engines had moved away from her cave and towards the church, where Ruby was supposed to be meeting her. Their plans had been changed. The silence was broken and these men had to pay. Feeling determined and ready to take on the world, Clementine walks out of the cave and into the rain-drenched forest, where she soon finds Ruby's attackers and their vehicles hidden between the bushes and trees. Three of the men are pulling up a woman, presumably Ruby, while their middle-aged leader idly stands by, stroking his large gun like it's some kind of pet. "There's too many of them..." The little girl mumbles to herself while counting the man and thinking about her plan. She should have known it was a stupid idea to go after a bunch of armed men, but the thought of leaving Ruby, her only light in the darkness of this sad and depressing world, behind was a dreadful one. Clementine finally decides it's time to test her luck while the men are busy pulling, and carefully sneaks over to a small patch of grass and hides behind a thick tree overlooking the scene. The men's leader intimately stares through the sight of his weapon, a chance the girl grabs to shoot him, albeit in his neck. The other men immediately let go of the rope they were holding and swiftly pull out their guns, ready to take on who shot their leader. A loud thump marks Ruby's harsh landing, but the men only notice the squirming body of their soon-to-be-dead boss. "Holy shit dude... What are we going to--" Another shot silences one of the other men, leaving just two more alive.

"Jesus Christ... I don't know about you, but I'm out of here!" The man says before running to one of the pick-ups and driving away. The last man looks around him bewildered, stepping into the second truck and driving away shortly there-after. A minute passes before Clementine dares to stand up. But when she does, she does so with only one thing on her mind. She has got to check on Ruby, and she has to check on her fast.

• edited March 2014

Edit: There used to be a post here, but was removed.

• That went quickly. No introduction? This is a lot of action squashed in few lines. I wish it were more detailed.

• edited March 2014

Also, Ruby was shot in the shoulder and has lost a lot of blood, and she even fell on the wounded shoulder causing it to snap. I'd say she is in NO state to stand guard, and it would make much more sense to let Clementine stand guard instead.

If you want the scenario to be similar you should let Clementine stand guard instead, but she eventually falls asleep, waking up just in time to kill the walker and for Ruby to wake up because of the noise.

• I finished reading the original fan-fic, amazing writing. I shall be hopping in soon!

• Can't wait to see you writing :)

I finished reading the original fan-fic, amazing writing. I shall be hopping in soon!

• I agree with Missus and Duck... She's in no state to stand guard and they didn't even get introduced.

• Come on, @Randomz89101 , I wants the story to go on!

• Come on, @Randomz89101 ... I wantz the story to go on! 2

• Come on, @Randomz89101 , I wants the story to go on! 3

• Come on, @Randomz89101 , I wants the story to go on!

• Good job everyone! We'll get his attention soon enough!

Come on, @Randomz89101 , I wants the story to go on!

• also, wasn't he the last one to contribute to the story? shouldn't someone else?

Good job everyone! We'll get his attention soon enough!

• Yeah, but his post has inconsistencies, which we need to take care of before being able to continue.

also, wasn't he the last one to contribute to the story? shouldn't someone else?

• YO @Randomz89101 MAKE THE STORY GO ON 4/5

• So... I guess were all waiting for @Randomz89101?

Alt text

• Yup...

So... I guess were all waiting for @Randomz89101?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.