Official Create your Own TWD story or Fanfic

Comments

• I loved it

Review

Perfect grammar and spacing I never got bored or lost in the tale or spotted a mistake

I love the realism of a father dreaming about his family all the great times together as a reader it made me instantly connect and picture the scene just beautiful

Slow tension I loved the more relaxed sense in this chapter of the essence more about the love of a father to his family it gave me so much joy yet kept me entertained
    proving you don't need violence to make a chapter entertaining and fascinating you can with just a father's love and memories with a great plot and you managed it this takes true talent

Original Concept and characters I love this so it's completely formed from your imagination like every great story should be

The descriptions were just so sweet it nearly brought a tear to my eye you could feel the moment through his eyes and the twist nearly killed me making it ironic that for him live is the nightmare his dreams are his desired reality. Really unpredictable and heartbreaking a genius twist.

Great character depth chapter I already feel connected to the characters and their fates and disturbed by the ending like you were experiencing the same torture of that dream of that will never be his reality

Overall

For me a really excellent chapter and I would love to read more before I can judge but I think your original and innovative definitely on to something special

crawfish posted: »

I am dreaming about you, on some level I know this but don’t care; for now, all I want to do is stay right here, in this moment. It was that

• thank you markd for the wonderful feedback, it is very much appreciated. I have some quirky ideas for this as a forum participating fan fiction, this was just the introduction of a main character and the start of what a feel like is a much larger story. I can already see ideas and decisions to be made. I wanted to start this from a different angle, but it is definitely a Walking Dead story. what are you thoughts on this as a forum participating fiction?

Markd4547 posted: »

I loved it Review Perfect grammar and spacing I never got bored or lost in the tale or spotted a mistake I love the realism of a fa

• Alt text

You have the talent why not go for it yeah you should:D

thank you markd for the wonderful feedback, it is very much appreciated. I have some quirky ideas for this as a forum participating fan fic

• edited September 2014

Alt text

I loved these chapters again you mix up your styles this takes real talent for a more sweet and beautiful tale of Kenny protecting AJ and Clem till his dying breath as always if he has to a really inspiring and noble tale.

I loved the dialogue between Kenny and Clem you can see how hurt Clem is at how sick and injured Kenny is but Kenny knows his the leader and must appear brave and strong at all times. Clem is a great calming force in the story to Kenny aggressive stance but deep down his passion is because he cares

Using TWD characters exactly how I would imagine they would act the caring and protective Kenny but as always he doesn't know how to properly express it.

Perfect grammar and Spacing it was long but so awesome I never got lost or bored or spotted a mistake

So many feels it was like a emotional rollercoaster and I loved the awesome fight at the end :)

Overall superb I can't wait for more

Episode 1: The Fallen Rise: He was grinning ear to ear at that. "Thanks Clem, you have no idea how much that means to me. ...And you

• edited September 2014

Episode1: The fallen rise:

"Clementine and AJ... good to meet you."

Kenny raised his eyebrow at that. "Clem, what are you doing?" "I'm trying to show him we're not bad people. He isn't a threat to us." Clem reasoned with him and the bearded man seemingly accepted that, but he was nervous when Lucas bent down to inspect the baby, who had recently woken up from all the commotion.

Lucas held out his arms, silently asking to hold Alvin Junior. But then he peered over at a miffed Kenny and past him an impatient Edith, still watching the whole interaction. "Never mind... look Clementine, can you give this to Edith for me? Please? I need to leave."

Choice A: Take the note

Choice B: Don't take the note

"Sure." Clem took the note from Lucas and gave a look to Kenny who was still locked on to Lucas in case he was up to no good. "Thank you, I really appreciate this." Lucas then walked right pass them and turned around to face them and the wall again. "You know, we all make mistakes, I've made mistakes and I'm sure you two have them as well. But sometimes we don't even notice it... and by the time we do and we realize it's too late, I always think it's better to just keep going, even if it means you hurt the people you care about. It's really for the best. You guys understand?"

"Fuck that," Kenny argued with distaste. "I don't care what fucking mistakes you made, you stick it out as long as you can. And you make every goddamn minute count with the people you care about. Now if I didn't know better, seems to me that you're abandoning this shit."

"Who were you talking about earlier? Who do you want Kenny to stay away from?" Clementine questioned Lucas to which he gave no reply. Lucas closed his eyes and turned his back on them, and on Wellington as he walked away back towards the horizon and over the hill. Soon he was gone, just like that without another word. "Fuckin' weirdo, what was all that about?"

Clementine provided a strange but valid answer. "Maybe he just rather be alone?"

Edith then spoke up, grabbing their attention back up to her. "Well, looks like a spot opened up... as long as you're not big eaters, I think you're little family here will be quite happy." Kenny's eye widened in amazement. "You mean...?" "Yep. I'll meet you down there. Hold on a minute." Edith smiled as she walked out of view to open the gates.

"Oh my god... we made it!" Clementine cheered with little Alvie. "We made it AJ." Then she looked up to Kenny. "All of us!" "We did, didn't we?" Kenny chuckled as he wiped a lone tear from his eye. "I can barely believe it."

"I know." She grinned as Edith opened up the shipping container doors to let them in. "Welcome to Wellington... now I hope you realize that you're going to have to work right?" "Yeah, so?" Kenny responded as they made their way to the doorway. "What about it?"

When they approached her, Clementine handed Lucas's letter to Edith. She took it and unfolded the paper to skim read it. She sighed deeply when she finished and she pulled out her radio. "Vaughn, got something for you." And then she pocketed the note. Who's this Vaughn guy?" Kenny was getting real anxious now because he felt some similarities here compared to Howe's. "He your leader?"

Edith explained to them both. "Yes, he's a very kind man who was one of the people who helped start all of this. He was actually the one that made the offer to take the children last time you guys were here. He even set up a classroom for kids under twelve, and after that everyone will get regular work." "Sounds too good to be true..." Kenny was still skeptical but after all this effort he wanted to get inside and check out the whole settlement. "And the baby?"

"Vaughn's daughter runs a small nursery in their tent. You'll like her too. And the girl here will probably love getting back in a classroom." Edith smiled down at her." We actually got a math teacher to join us last year."

Clem frowned. "I hate math."

Eleven Months Later

It was hard to adjust...

But a new day had begun in the apocalypse where the dead have risen and seek out to consume the living. Survivors of all kinds struggle to make it to the next day with their hearts still beating against their chests. But here in the camp of Wellington, terminus to its citizens, things may be too good to be true after all this time, especially with this particular young girl, twelve year old Clementine.

Clementine woke up from another bad night's sleep in her small hut made from tents and canvases sewn together in the camp of Wellington. Reclusive since she arrived, Clem gave an internal declaration to give it another chance to connect with people again and go out there to be a more prominent member of the community. Her only usual contacts were Kenny and Alvin Junior, but Kenny usually had guard duty or went on supply runs.

The brunette wiggled out of her green sleeping bag that was laid on the floor and quickly grabbed her blue jacket that Bonnie had given her so long ago, still fit thankfully. But she smelled, and she knew it. Maybe the nearby lake outside camp was warm enough by now that she could wash herself without jumping twenty feet out of the water as soon as she stepped in it. Clem also wore her usual blue jeans and tough boots. Her signature D hat still adorned her head since her father gave it to her, so she refused to part with it. It was time to head outside, so she climbed out and unzipped the flaps to exit.

Wellington was a place of sanctuary, a walled-in haven next to Lake Michigan where people like Clementine could call home, but all it really was to her was mostly a camp full of strangers. "Well... here it goes..."

Among the field of tents, dotted with a few sturdy buildings, Clem walked outside and knew exactly where to start first: the leader of Wellington and head of their council, the largest tent in the middle of their settlement, a small circus tent. Clem quickly found it and hoped that they were here and she wasn't interrupting anything. "Hello?"

The twelve-year-old found who she was looking for when a response called her in, with a deep Haitian voice. "Yes! Come in, come in! Come, come!"

Clem entered the large tent as she examined her dimer surroundings: on her right there was the old man who answered her, sitting at his desk and doing some kind of paperwork, while on the left side there was his young adult daughter she knew as Maree taking care of Alvin Junior. She and her met when they first allowed her to take care of AJ during the workday. Clementine of course knew the old man's name to be Vaughn.

Vaughn beckoned her. "Clementine yes?" He gave a sincere smile. "Marvelous, I'm glad you're here."

Clementine approached the leader at his desk while she took a seat in front of him. Vaughn was an old father in his late fifties. He was bald and had dark brown eyes, but he had a bushy black beard with gray fringes on the end. He was wearing a seasoned brown sweater and black pants. And in contrast, his teeth were like pearls, not to mention for some reason Clem felt comfortable around him, in fact he had that effect on everyone. "Hi, Vaughn..." The lack of sleep was clearly showing.

"And a very good morning to you too, Clementine." Vaughn smiled putting down his pencil and paper as he propped his elbows up and interlocked his fingers. "How are you doing?"

Clem replied with a sigh. "I'm... I'm just tired."

"Tired you say?" The bearded man scanned her body language. "Ah well, everyone is tired Clementine. But it's a new day and you're still alive, be thankful for that."

She stared blankly at him. "Okay."

Vaughn nodded. "Good. With that in mind, you've done some work for our settlement, but most of it you've done it in solitude, no one else helping you with reeling in fish, standing watch at night, any of that ringing a bell?"

"That's why I'm here, I want you to assign me with other people. I'm also tired of thinking bad things from before I came here. I need a change."

(?) Vaughn will remember that.

• Thank you for your nice respond Bro, i am glad you enjoyed it! Speaking of which, i just finished writing the next part of the story.

I loved these chapters again you mix up your styles this takes real talent for a more sweet and beautiful tale of Kenny protecting AJ and Cl

• Hi all! Max and Rayne are finally back! This chapter is a taste of what's to come, so far I have a good idea how events will be played in future chapters. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 6: Back Turned

"Maybe it'd be best if we go searching for her tomorrow morning? You know, gather up our strength..."

Rayne glared at Max out of discontent. "Fuck, that. We're searching for Molly now. If you know what's good for you, you're going to stop with the suggestions right now and follow my lead."

"Okay, sorry, I'm trying to think what's best."

She sighed and rolled her eyes, then went for the door. "Just come on."

While out on the porch, Rayne looked up towards the sky. She could tell that it was starting to get cloudy, and quite frankly, a little bit chilly too.

"Brrr. Hey Max, you don't happen to have an extra hoodie on you or something?"

"Nah, sorry."

"Shit, alright. I know of a clothes store not too far from here that we could-"

"No, wait." He took off his hoodie and held it in front of her. "Here, you need this more than I do."

Her eyes brightened when she looked at him. "Wow, I don't know what to say... Um, are you sure?"

He nodded, Rayne put it over her head and struggled to put it on. From there, it fit her comfortably.

"Wow, this fucking thing fits me perfect! Kind of a bitch to get on though. Ahem, I won't forget this, Max."

"No problem! Besides, we need to find your friend. It looks like there will be a storm brewing soon."

"Right, follow me." She jogged off the balcony and went for the gate. Rayne began to idle a little bit.

"Something wrong?"

"I dunno, I have a feeling that someone's probably watching us. Hmmm..." R. opened the gate and motioned Max to follow once more, as the two ran across the road into the dense forest that lay ahead of them.

A few dozen minutes of forest-trekking later...

"Here, Max! Footprints. Molly has to be close." Rayne focused her attention on the trail.

Max shrugged and continued to follow, he looked up to the sky again and felt that it started to drizzle.

"Great, just what we need. Take your cleaver out, Max - we're in bandit territory now." Max complied, while Rayne unsheathed her sword.

Some Walker groans were heard in the distance, Rayne grabbed Max's arm until the both of them had their backs pressing against a tree. "This ain't right, Max, usually there are bandits patrolling this area."

"Maybe the Walkers got 'em? This should make things a whole lot easier for us, right?"

"Perhaps. Come on," Rayne started walking towards one of the Walkers. "I think I see one of their camps up ahead."

Rayne raised her sword and lunged it into the head of the first Walker she saw. Max saw another Walker come out from behind a tree about to grab her from behind. "Rayne, look out!" Rayne turned to fight whatever was behind her until she saw Max shove the rotting man to the ground. Max stepped on its head a few times to make sure it was completely dead.

Rayne didn't say anything, instead she patted his shoulder in response to him saving her behind for the first time. Max felt a little proud. She noticed what he was probably thinking and walked to the nearest tent of the bandit camp. Rayne bent over to take a peek inside.

"Hmm, nothing out of the ordinary here, just a couple sleeping bags. The corpses must've run them off or something. Max, come here please."

He stood beside her. "Yes?"

"Check around camp to see if there are any supplies that we could use or any Molly whereabouts we can find. Maybe if you're lucky - you can find another hoodie for yourself too."

"Got it, and uh, I'll be sure to do that."

"Good, while you do that, I'm going to get these sleeping bags ready for us. The rain seems like it's not going to let up soon, unfortunately."

Max proceeded to look in the other 5 tents, all of them were empty with the exception of more sleeping bags and a few pots and pans. But what had really caught his attention was the abandoned mining shaft that he happened to see behind a hole in one of the tents closest to a rock wall. This made him a little suspicious.

"Rayne! You gotta see this!" He ran back over to the tent he last saw her at. "Rayne?"

Whack! A gun had butted him in the back of his head, knocking him out unconscious.

END, of Chapter 6.

• edited September 2014

"Magnificent, marvelous! You need say no more, child." Vaughn smiled as opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a piece of paper with writing on it. "Here, it is a small chore list I've taken the liberty to prepare for you. If you have any trouble out there, find me or Xavier, that man must be around here somewhere..."

"Who's Xavier?" Clem questioned.

Oh? He should be the man over by the front entrance of the camp, with Edith you know her." Clem nodded to signal she understood. Also, Vaughn already answered the next question she was going to ask. "Your friend Kenny is doing another run for Xavier, he should be back by suppertime, do not worry Clementine. ...Now if you'll excuse me, I have other business to attend to. Au revoir, Maree."

"Vous aimer, Daddy." She waved him off for work.

Vaughn stood up and walked past the girl. He gave her a kiss on the forehead while she still cared for the baby in her arms and then he left. She smiled and went back to her nurturing, so Clementine decided to talk to her first before going off to work. "How's AJ doing?"

Vaughn's daughter was in her early twenties, she had her short black hair tied back into a little ponytail. Her small petite figure and her brown eyes made her look adorable to others, but Clem could tell she could hold her own because she kept a knife strapped to her thigh. Wearing jeans and a long-sleeved light blue shirt, she finally took notice of Clem as she put the baby down for another nap. "He's doing great, haven't heard a complaint yet."

Clem gave a ghost of a smile at that. "I'm glad."

Maree had put Alvie down in the old wooden crib behind her and tucked him in, making sure he was comfortable, she led Clem to the entrance of their tent so that their conversation would not wake him. "My name is Maree, bonjour Clementine."

"I'm Clementine." The twelve year old asked curiously. "Bonjour? What's that mean?" "It just means good morning or hello in French, you've never heard French before?" "I don't think so..." Clementine was still wrapping the idea of speaking more than one language around her head, to which she found confusing. "Can you teach me sometime?" Maree grinned. "Sure," Then she looked down at the paper in her hand. "Dad got you working with other people?"

"Yeah..." Clem examined the chore list that was in her hand and saw several names of the people she had to work with today. Perhaps she could ask Maree about these people? "Do you think you can tell me who's on here?" She showed the young Haitian the list in question. "Let's see... huh." She scanned the paper up and down and had a mixed expression on different parts. "Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?"

"I can use some good news right about now." Clem sighed as she pocketed Vaughn's paper. "What is it?"

"It said that you'll be working with Dusty, and that's good because he's a real... decent guy. I think he was in the military before all this started." Maree slightly blushed at the thought of him which Clem narrowed her eyes at. "I mean, he'll watch out for ya..."

"Then what's the bad news?" The little girl inquired.

Maree crossed her arms in dismay. "It's not my place to say, but you'll also be tasked with some target practice with the other kids in camp. You're fine Clementine but those other two..."

"Who are they? The other kids?"

Teenagers. I'm worried, worried for the both of them. Whatever they say to you Clem, they won't mean it okay?" "Are they bullies or something?" She inquired further as thoughts of impeding arguments within her invaded her mind. "Because I'm not afraid of that." "I haven't talked to those two in a while, but I've heard rumors around the camp. Just... you never know, be careful." The nurse and the little girl exchanged one more look of comfort from one another and Clem had to decide internally where to start first.

Choice A: Find Dusty

Choice B: Find Teens

I think I'll start with the guy you like." Clem made the more positively appealing choice and decided to tease Maree with it. "Dusty." Maree was momentarily alarmed and embarrassed at the comment but then she calmed herself down and nodded. "Good call."

(?) Maree will remember that.

Cry! Coo...

"And that's my cue to get back to work... you should too." Maree walked back to the crib to care for the baby. "Good luck today."

Thanks Maree." She smiled as she exited the tent. Both she and her father Vaughn had both been so kind and helpful for Clementine that it was as Vaughn would say it, 'Marvelous!' She couldn't let either of them down and make sure to pay them back with loyalty and compassion, especially concerning with AJ's safety, care, and growth.

Clem was outside the main tent now and the work day had officially begun. People she didn't recognize or she didn't know their names passed by without paying her so much as a glance. Clem had to find this Dusty and according to Maree he looked like a military man, but that was when there were these two unnerving looking thugs strode past her, each had spider tattoos on their faces. Why were they staring at her? "Hi..."

Now that was a mistake because the pair of them gave her mean nasty scowls and her whole body stiffened as the three of them went on with their separate ways. The tattooed men never said a word; she only heard them cough loudly...

Wellington was quite large for its accommodation of its people. But in the center of the settlement there was sort of a town square in the middle, a little clearing between the tents and the other utility buildings. Everyone had gone off to their appointed positions already so the square was mostly unattended except for two more young men who were arguing at the top of their lungs, and one of them was a light-skinned black man wearing the full infantry uniform in camo. No helmet to go with it though, he was sporting an army haircut as well. His black hair matching his dark brown eyes along with his scruffy beard stubble.

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!" The other man who was Caucasian yelled at the one Clementine assumed was Dusty which it actually was.

"Just shut the hell up Wayne! It's none of your damn business!" Dusty stood firm against the slightly older man who was calling him out.

"None of my business?!" The man called Wayne crossed his arms in distaste; he was wearing a jean jacket and dark pants. He also wore a blue beanie hat but his face was relatively clean, yet his blue eyes were red with rage. "If you're lying about who you really are, how can anyone trust you?!"

"This is different, this is just something personal!" Dusty argued back.

"Personally lying about being in the army? Yeah I guess so." Wayne spat as he went on with his rant. "Where's your tags? Where's your service weapon? Or maybe you'd prefer a mop since that's what you really do best!"

"I... this is my dad's uniform and he..." Dusty confessed the truth but he just couldn't continue in front of him and he trailed off. "You think you really earned that? Maybe you're lying again; fuck, maybe you stole that off a soldier. What kind of man goes around and lies to people the second they see you?!"

Choice A: Side with Dusty

Choice B: Side with Wayne

Clementine approached the two men and decided to end the fight herself; siding with the man she was going to work with. "Hey, leave him alone! He isn't hurting anybody."

The two of them turned their heads and were surprised to find a little girl interrupting them. Wayne exclaimed. "And who the hell are you?"

"I'm Clementine, and you should probably start being nicer to him." Her stare down of Wayne was not really a scare tactic it was more of a piece of advice to just walk away.

"The hell you looking at shorty?"

(?) You chose to side with Dusty.

"Yeah, I've seen you around. Vaughn told me we'd be working together." Dusty had some support albeit it was a little girl, so now he was a little more confident as he warned his opponent. He cracked his knuckles with a knowing smirk. "Wayne, I think it's a little too early to kick your ass, so I think you ought to just cool it or else." Perhaps he was just trying to look tough for Clementine.

Wayne scoffed; he gave a glance at the little girl then back at Dusty. "Fuck you, dust mite." It really was too early in the morning to get in a fight. So the man walked away, leaving the two of them victorious and grinning.

"He ain't worth the effort anyway." Dusty shook his head at his retreat and then he turned his attention to Clementine who was glad she sided with him. "Wayne the Pain if you ask me."

"He's mean, I don't like him." Clementine gave her opinion on the Pain.

"We should get along just fine then. Thanks by the way, I know you didn't have to do that." He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "And yeah... name's Dustin, but everybody 'round her calls me Dusty."

"What was his problem? He called you liar because of what you wore, I don't get that." Clem crossed her arms trying to figure out the confrontation. "Well these are my dad's clothes and I wear them because it helps me remember he was a hero... and yeah, easy mistake for anyone to make..."

I understand..." Clementine stated as she gripped the brim of her 'D' hat. "My dad gave me this hat and it's all I really have left of my parents..."

Dusty got down on one knee to get on her level and console her. "Hey I'm sorry Clementine... it ain't like I enjoy having to explain all this to everyone I see, so I mostly keep quiet about my past and everybody just assumes I'm an army man. But really, I was just a janitor back in the day. Nothing impressive..." "Is that how you got the name Dusty?" Clementine couldn't remember the last time she made or even heard a joke. It was kind of funny when the connection was made.

Dustin chuckled at that. "Sweeping the floors and all that; yeah it was quick to stick to me I guess, and I sorta like it. Makes me sound a bit tougher huh?" And so he stood back up and smiled down at the girl. "Alright, so here's our game plan. Xavier talked to me earlier and he said that we gotta report to him for our work. Probably going on another supply run outside the wall. Might take us all day so I want you to do everything else Vaughn told ya to do, okay? We can wait on it."

"I just got target practice with some other kids." Clementine informed him. "So I shouldn't take that long."

"Good, good." Dusty reaffirmed her. "After you do a little bit of shooting meet me by the front gates in an hour. Range is right over there." He pointed towards the far side of the settlement. "Got it?" Clementine nodded. "Got it."

"Okay great, see you in a bit and... Oh and uh, watch out for Wayne. He kind of holds a bit of a grudge for stupid shit like this."

"Thanks Dusty." She smiled at him. Dustin seemed like a pretty good guy and they had their clothing mementos in common.

(?) Dusty will remember that.

Episode1: The fallen rise: "Clementine and AJ... good to meet you." Kenny raised his eyebrow at that. "Clem, what are you doing?"

• I need to figure out where previous chapters start up for this. I don't want to read this chapter just yet, so that's my mission as soon as I have time lol.

Hi all! Max and Rayne are finally back! This chapter is a taste of what's to come, so far I have a good idea how events will be played in fu

• edited September 2014

I can help! I had to refer back to some of my previous chapters anyway when I made this one. The first chapter should be on page 9 of this thread. I think chapter 3 will be your most favorite too.

EMMYPESS posted: »

I need to figure out where previous chapters start up for this. I don't want to read this chapter just yet, so that's my mission as soon as I have time lol.

• The 6th chapter is up, just an fyi. :)

Yes more pls!! l0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!

• Days merged into one big blur. Life started to pick itself back up for the group, however the generator was running low on oil.

Alice wrapped a blanket around herself as she stepped into the hall. The embers in their fireplace were burning low. They also needed more wood. She reached the living room, the first one awake to start the day. Her spot on the couch was established not long ago, and she took it proudly as she opened another one of the books kept on the bookshelves.

A Midsummer's Night Dream, read the title. She'd already gotten halfway through it since yesterday. It was hard to understand, but she'd decided she would make herself try, at least.

Gary had been sleeping on the arm chair ever since the incident. He stirred awake, rubbing his eyes and looking at Alice.

"Mornin', sunshine," He said with his faded southern accent.

"Morning," She mumbled, her eyes focusing on the page.

"Whatcha reading?" He asked, adjusting his position in his chair.

"A Shakespeare play. Did you know that they were written in the 1600's or something like that?" She asked him back.

"Yeah, something like that. He wrote a lot of good plays," Gary said.

"I'm at the part where Puck accidentally gave the potion to Lysander instead of Demetrius. Well, maybe he didn't do it on purpose. He's a bit mischievous, isn't he?"

"You bet that bastard is," Gary said, chuckling. He stood up, rubbing the end of his stub softly.

"Still hurt?" Alice asked, looking up from her pages.

"Yeah, like hell. At least it's not bleedin' or nothin'. I'll live." He grimaced, walking toward the kitchen.

Felicia opened the bedroom door, shuffling her feet down the hall to the bathroom. Alice knew what sick looked like. She didn't look sick. But she had been throwing up each morning, and only Gary and Alice had noticed it since the others never woke up as early as them.

Gary sat next to Alice on the couch, giving her the same look that Alice herself had.

"5 days now?" He whispered. He looked over tiny Alice's shoulder at the words on the page.

"What is it?" She asked back.

The bathroom door open, and Felicia emerged from the end of the hall.

"Sup," Gary said when he saw her.

She wrapped her robe around her tight, rubbing her hands together for warmth.

"You making breakfast? Or am I?" Felicia asked, covering her mouth and yawning. Alice stood up, leaving her book on the end of the couch and letting her blanket slip off her back.

"You know, I know how to cook, too," She said.

The two adults looked at her.

"You're telling us now?" Gary said.

"Well, you never asked me to cook." She replied.

Alice fried a few eggs, and made an omelet for herself. She used a few peppers and a bit of cheese from the refrigerator to make it taste good. IF there was one thing she was good at, it was cooking breakfast.

Cara and Bobby got up roughly the same time. Out of all of them, Cara was the one who'd still seemed out of it since what happened.

"You sleep good?" Asked Gary.

She grunted,"As well as I can."

Alice and Gary had this thing where they'd just look at each other, and knew that they were thinking the same thing. Cara needed to talk about it.

After breakfast was cleared, everyone went off to do their daily chores. Alice had never been assigned a specific one, so she hopped around to help the others. Today, she chose Cara.

The river wasn't more than 50 feet away from their safe haven. Cara was already over there, sitting on the dock with her fishing pole in hand and her bait box next to her. Alice had been getting used to carrying her gun around with her, and had it tucked in a holder attached to her belt.

"Need help?" Alice asked, seating herself next to her friend.

"Sure, why not," Cara said, not enthused.

Alice grabbed the extra fishing pole and baited it.

"What's on your mind," Alice began. Her bobber was a few feet away from Cara's.

"Recast your line a little further than mine. You'll steal all my fish," Cara replied.

"I doubt that's exactly what was on your mind before I got here," Alice answered.

Cara sighs, slouching her shoulders forward,"Do you really want to know?"

"I want you to get it off your chest, for mine and for your sake," Alice said.

Cara straightened again, fixing her hands around the pole. Alice simultaneously recasted her line, a little further than before.

"Terry was like my dad. I mean, he was Gary's uncle, but he was more family to me than anyone else in that goddamn house."

Alice could only nod to Cara's words.

"When he died- I just....it was like loosing my father, again. And I didn't even loose my father to this goddamn apocalypse. He died when I was a kid, in grade fuckin' school. I just...I'm fuckin' tired of this shit," She said.

"I'm fuckin' tired of it too," Alice replied.

Cara laughed,"Since when do you curse?"

"Since right now," Alice replied.

Cara pulled her line in, a tiny minnow on the end of the hook.

"Goddamnit," She threw the fish back.

Alice had a tug on hers, and pulled in a crab that held onto the hook. As soon as he appeared, he jumped back in and stole Alice's bait.

"Goddamnit," Alice copied Cara.

They both laughed.

"Do you....remember your mother?" Cara asked, leaning backward and watching the sun emerge from the clouds.

"Sorta. No, not really." Alice said. "I was three when she died. I remember what her face looked like. But that's about it."

Cara nodded softly. She looked to Alice, her lips shaped into a slight frown,"Do you want to know something?"

Alice nodded quickly,"Whatever you know, I want to know."

"She was my half-sister," Cara said, looking out across the river.

Alice didn't respond right away. She swung her legs back and forth, staring out there with Cara. The air nipped at their noses, though it was getting increasingly warmer as the days passed. At least the snow had melted.

"So you're like, my aunt or something?" She said, after a while.

"Yeah, I guess." Cara replied.

"That's why you don't hate me," Alice concluded.

"What? Why would I ever hate you?" Cara asked.

"Well, I mean, my dad had an affair. That like, sucks for you. I mean, you took in the child who had ruined your relationship."

"Oh, Alice," Cara said. "Alice, even if your mother wasn't my sister, I'd still save you. I'd never hate you. It wasn't you who made the mistake. Your just a kid."

"Thanks. Do I have to call you Aunt Cara now?"

"No, you don't have to."

"I want to though," Alice smiled.

"Then go ahead," Cara laughed.

"Okay, Aunt Cara." Alice giggled back.

The girls collected their fishing equipment and headed back home, an empty bucket meant for fish in hand.

• Good to know! I'll work on that when I can, probably after Church or something tomorrow X3

I can help! I had to refer back to some of my previous chapters anyway when I made this one. The first chapter should be on page 9 of this thread. I think chapter 3 will be your most favorite too.

• edited September 2014

(?) Max and Rayne will remember this...

Good to know! I'll work on that when I can, probably after Church or something tomorrow X3

• Wow, Alice has got it good so far with the chores and stuff! She's really warming up to the group rather well, especially her Aunt Cara, of course.

Days merged into one big blur. Life started to pick itself back up for the group, however the generator was running low on oil. Alice wra

• HAha, yeah, well. I figured I'd throw it in. You slowly get more information as the chapters go on about the past and Alice's relations. She really doesn't have a clue to a lot of things from the past. You'll most likely be seeing more troubles and such as I write on; Things are bound to go wrong once again.

Wow, Alice has got it good so far with the chores and stuff! She's really warming up to the group rather well, especially her Aunt Cara, of course.

• Another nightmare plagued Alice's restless night.

This one was a memory. Her and her father, walking down the street. They were simply going home after a day of fishing. She caught a decent sized fish. He told her that they would cook it up real good on the grill. Said they had enough propane to do it. Alice remembered how close home was to where they were.

Why didn't she run there?

Why did she decide the bridge was safest?

Then the scarring images of the walkers. They came out of no where. They tore into her father as he shielded her away, shooting his gun at them, telling her to run.

Run!

She ran.

But you know that already.

What you don't know, is what happened while she wasn't there.

Alice sat up, breathing heavy. Sweat beaded off her brow, falling like tears past her eyes and across her cheek. This time was different. She got up and felt dizzy, almost falling onto Cara's bed. Cara stirred awake, blinking her eyes a few times and squinting them in Alice's direction.

"You okay?" She whispered in the dark.

Alice used the wall to balance herself and felt the nausea in her stomach. Her head spun, she fell to her knees. The vomit hit the floor before she could process that she had gotten sick.

She heard Cara call for someone, but didn't listen for who. She slumped to the side, her body freezing cold, yet burning up.

She heard the adults say something about an infection.

Something serious.

Alice couldn't think for herself. She just desperately wanted it to stop.

She wanted the dreams to stop invading her head. She wanted to feel normal again.

She was lifted up. She knew it had to be Gary, he was so strong. Instead of her bed, she felt the warmth of the fire and the comfort of the brown leather couch underneath her body, as well as a quilted blanket and someone sitting by her feet. When she felt the stub rub her leg to comfort her, she realized Gary was there to keep her safe. She closed her eyes and drifted away.

Away, away to the madness.

The memories.

• Wow Emmy, I really do like these! I have to tell you though, there is a part of me that finds them all the more creepy and scary for their everyday life feel. These are people in one sense living somewhat normal lives in a world that has gone completely to crap. It's hard to believe that at some point, life would go on, people would learn to adapt, to survive, to live in such horrible, horrible circumstances; but then again what are the choices, as a famous actor once said in a movie, I can't remember which one, you either get busy living or get busy dying. This is a really remarkable story that I am enjoying immensely.

Days merged into one big blur. Life started to pick itself back up for the group, however the generator was running low on oil. Alice wra

• Well, I figured since it's been over 16 years, rather than just a few years in TWD, it would have dwindled down much. They still deal with it, but not nearly intensely. There will be issues, however they're slower to come by than compared to what Clem and her group have to do. Essentially, life has gotten easier, I suppose.

Wow Emmy, I really do like these! I have to tell you though, there is a part of me that finds them all the more creepy and scary for their

• Yeah I get that, and I think that's what I find both a little scary and remarkable. Scary in the sense, that even in the most insane of circumstances (slowed down or not) life goes on, flourishes even; remarkable and awe inspiring because yes, life goes on, even now. Yep, I really do like these very much!

Well, I figured since it's been over 16 years, rather than just a few years in TWD, it would have dwindled down much. They still deal with i

• edited September 2014

Alice did not remember waking up at all the next day. She must've slept past breakfast, past lunch, and even past dinner. When her eyes opened, it was still dark. Like before.

"Shh, shh," She heard someone say when she sat up some.

Bobby carried an untouched plate of food over,"Saved you some dinner. Figured you might be hungry, maybe."

She held her hand up,"No, I'm not hungry."

"Alright. Sorry." He set the plate on the table. Cara was standing in front of the fire, blocking most of the light. She had her arms folded as she stared intensely at it.

Alice watched Bobby whisper something in Cara's ear. She nodded to whatever he said, and turned to face the girl.

"You okay?" She asked, taking a seat in the arm chair.

Alice didn't move, but she smiled when she could see her aunt's face. She watched Bobby exit the room, then asked,"Does he know?"

"Know what?" Cara asked back.

"That I'm...His niece too?" Alice paced herself. Talking was already tiring her out.

Cara sat still a moment. She shook her head slowly,"No, no he doesn't know. Alice, I-....."

Alice frowned, looking past Cara toward the fire. It hurt her head to stare at it, so she closed her eyes.

"Why not?" She asked after a moment.

Cara sat back in her chair,"He never knew about our sister, Alice. There's so much you don't know, how am I supposed to just tell you it all?"

"By speaking," Alice replied. She pulled her covers on tightly, nestling her feet under and resting her head on the arm rest.

"It's not that simple," Cara argued.

"Just, just tell me. Maybe I'll fall asleep and forget. Who knows? Just....tell me." Alice begged.

"Fine, I'll tell you what I can."

"Thank you."

"Right," Cara rubbed her neck, thinking of where to start.

"Okay. So, my father, your granddad, he died, when I was....little. Bobby was 6, I was 8. At the funeral, there was another woman there, with her children who I'd never seen before. My mother spoke with her, and she introduced herself to me and Bobby. She told us how before we were born, my father was married to her first, and they had a few kids. The kids were all older than me, 13, 14, 15 years old, something like that. A girl and two boys. The girl was the youngest and I'd only saw her for a few minutes before they left."

"It was my mom," Alice mumbled, showing Cara that she was listening.

"Right. So skip several years ahead. I graduate college. Low and behold, my sister Holly- Your mother - She was there. She attended. She told me that she wanted to be a part of my life for a long time, but living on the other side of the country with limited contact put a damper on our relationship. At the time, Bobby was down south, in Florida playing football on a college team. He was there for a while. He was never interested in knowing Holly or our brothers."

"So he never met her, and therefore he never knew what happened," Alice said.

"Yes, exactly." Cara replied. "She stayed at my house for a month. It took just a month..."Cara paused again. She tried to get the words out.

"It took a month for my dad to get her pregnant with me." Alice filled the void.

Cara could only nod, though she knew Alice wasn't looking. She stood up, returning to her place near the fire. When Alice did open her eyes, she saw Bobby in the shadows, behind where Cara had sat. He heard the whole story, she assumed. The expression on his face said all.

Alice went back to sleep.

• edited September 2014

Wow! wow & freaking wow! I think you did that on purpose! Reeled me in like a big old fat fish, and then WHAM, mallet to the head! This was an awesome little reminder that life is all sweet and cozy, but this is The Walking Dead. Short, full of effect, and very powerful. Loved it!

Another nightmare plagued Alice's restless night. This one was a memory. Her and her father, walking down the street. They were simply go

• edited September 2014

Wish I could like this one more than once, it deserves it; because it was unexpected and I never saw it coming, even though I should have.

Wow! wow & freaking wow! I think you did that on purpose! Reeled me in like a big old fat fish, and then WHAM, mallet to the head! Th

• Episode1 The fallen rise:

"No problem." The two of them then split up, content with having a new partner to work with today. Dustin went off towards the front gates and Clem went in the opposite direction towards the shooting range. Hopefully her own peers would find some sympathy with her and this day could maybe get a little bit brighter too.

Clementine arrived at the old Wellington police station that served as their already existing firing range, security, and jail purposes. The insignia shield was painted on both sides of the cement walls and Clem could hear pistol shots ringing inside. Time to shake the cobwebs off and improve her aim, specifically for head-shots, Clementine let herself in, past the front desk and a bored clerk, and followed the sound of gunfire inside.

On her way down the corridor, she spotted something that caught her eye: a small black and yellow hand-sized device that could be useful. She picked it up. "Still works..." She pressed the button but the safety was on. It was a stun gun.

(?) Picked up the Police Taser Gun.

The young girl then rounded another corner and through a doorway she spotted the two teens Maree mentioned. One girl who was in her late teens and another boy who was closer to Clementine's age, and they were both practicing with their accuracy on the targets on the other side of the room, firing off bullets and competing against one another.

The girl made a snide remark at her adversary right beside her. "Nice shot Michael, your daddy teach you that?"

The boy called Michael had a long-ish fringe, and his brown hair was quite bushy. He also had brown eyes and wore a long-sleeved checkered shirt with a pattern of orange and while also adorning grey-ish blue jeans. "Fuck off Helga, quit distracting me."

Helga had mangy unkempt blonde hair and blue eyes that flared red with emotion as well. Seems familiar... The girl also wore a dirty pink hoodie with green cargo pants. She had some scratches around her face, and to Clementine she was a far cry from the last girl she knew at this age. But that was when the two of them stopped firing, turned, and began to approach their new visitor. "What do you think you're doing here? Can't you see we're busy?"

"I'm here to practice shooting like you guys. ...Can I have a gun?" Clementine politely responded to them.

Michael put away his gun and went over to a foldout chair in the corner. He sat down in it but he was still hunched over, ready to get back up in a second's notice, and placing his gun on a side table next to him to take a break himself. "Guns and ammo are over there." He motioned towards a pair of metal lockers back by the door.

"Thanks." Clem was about to turn and get what she needed when Helga interrupted her to get her attention.

"What's your name girlie?" She turned back to face her. "I'm Clementine. ...And you must be Helga, right?" "Yup, don't go forgetting it anytime soon because I sure as shit will remember you Clementine." Helga then gave an up and down on the young girl and revealed an ominous smirk. "Say, would you like to play a game? It's real easy, and I'd really like to see what you're made of."

"Sure..." Clem was nervous but willing and curious as to what this Helga had in mind. "What's the game?" Helga could hardly contain her giggles. "Actually it's a test of reflexes." She then aimed the barrel of her gun at Clementine's feet.

BANG!

The gun went off and Clementine yelped in response and jumped back in a panic. The floor where she was standing was chipped by the bullet that was meant for her. "Are you crazy?!" "That's not a very nice thing to say..." Helga then looked back at Michael to get a laugh out of it. "Aww... she doesn't want to play anymore. But she is pretty quick on her feet, don't you think?"

Choice A: GRAB HER GUN

Choice B: PUT HANDS UP

Clementine fought again internally on what she had to do next. But the thing was she felt like she was being in severe danger here at gunpoint. She didn't know if this Helga girl was serious or playing a sick game or maybe both. She acted with concern for her own safety.

When Helga still had her attention on Michael, Clementine lunged for the gun in her hand. She got both hands on it before Helga realized what was going on. The two of them struggled for a moment until the bigger girl overpowered the little one and yanked away to elbow Clementine in the face to which she fell down on her back.

(?) Helga will remember that.

"And That wasn't very smart now was it? Spunky though, I'll give you that." Helga scowled as she kept her gun on Clementine. "...But no, you're either a stupid kind of special or a special kind of stupid."

"You were going to shoot me!" Clementine hissed at her, slightly regretting going for the gun. "What was I supposed to do?" "Let her." Michael chimed in while still sitting in his chair. "Then she'll be put in a cell to rot like a common lurker."

"Like my brother would let that happen..." Helga brushed off any potential consequences like it wouldn't affect her at all. "Besides I was just fucking around with the brat... no harm no foul."

"How would you like it if I shot a gun at you?" Clementine got back on his feet as she attempted to stand up to this bully, narrowing her eyes. "It's not funny." "I got a rouse outta you; that was pretty funny." Helga snorted as she put away her gun and signaled the end of her game. "Looks like you won't play along now though."

"No one ever does Helga." Michael quipped as he got up from his chair and approached the blonde and the little girl. "You better change your attitude or you might regret it." Clementine piped up and added remembering an old friend. "I knew a guy a long time ago who almost shot me too." Of course she would cite good ole Nick, poor guy.

Michael raised an eyebrow at that. "Really, what'd you do?" "He apologized. And I accepted it." "What about her?" Michael motioned towards Helga. "Would you forgive her if she apologized?"

Before Helga or Clementine could say anything else, a familiar character showed up in the room they were in. "Why don't I hear shooting, just babbling?!" It was Wayne the Pain as Dustin had called him. "What's going on in here?" Helga hid her grin and tried to act innocent. "Hey Bro, these kids won't let me get on with my target practice. Think you can teach them a lesson?"

Well obviously Wayne would be Helga's much older brother; they certainly had that asshole trait that runs in their family. The blonde backed up so that Michael and Clementine would be in the line of fire when Wayne approached them. His eyes widened when he recognized the little girl from earlier. "You! Clementine was it? ...You have a problem with my sister too?"

Clem retorted with a tone of frustration. "Yeah I do. She pointed a gun at me and she almost shot my foot off." He turned to her. "Goddammit Helga! I told you these things ain't fucking toys!" Wayne yelled at his surprised sister as he snatched her gun away from her. "I was just having a little fun, no one got hurt!" She shouted back. "And she tried to grab my gun away from me!" "Well Helga, can you really fucking blame her?" Michael joined in. "If she didn't try, I probably would've."

"Fucking ridiculous, you're sixteen years old Helga, do I still need to babysit ya?!" Wayne rubbed his eyes. "You keep doing shit like this and..." He trailed off with a sigh. "Maybe you could keep her gun away from her?" Clementine suggested a somewhat appropriate punishment.

(?) Wayne will remember that.

"And where the hell do you get off telling me what to do?!" Wayne growled at her. "First the argument with dust mite and now this? It none of your fucking business, how many times do I need to say it?" "It is my business because I gotta nearly work with her every day." Michael challenged him. "Are you still ignoring the fact that your little sister is fucked up in the head?"

In a flash, Wayne advanced on the young teen boy and the next thing he knew, Michael was picked up by the collar and slammed into the wall, everyone still reeling from utter shock of the sudden action. Wayne hissed. "Take that back... now! Take it back!" "Get the hell off of me!" Michael struggled to no avail, he was pinned. "You're on my throat, I can't breathe! cough cough" Helga smirked at the display before her. "He might need a little timeout Wayne, why don't you put him down for a nap?"

Clementine had to act fast, she had to do something!

Choice A: Convince Wayne

Choice B: Taser Wayne

More violence wouldn't solve anything; she had to stop him with words of sympathy. "Wayne! I know what you're trying to do, you're protecting your little sister, and I can understand that. But how are you going to explain this to everyone else? You're going to hurt him! It's not worth it, so just let him go and we'll all forget what happened in here! Please!"

"The hell we will!" Helga growled as he turned back to older brother. "Are you listening to this pacifist bullshit?" Suddenly, Wayne's grip slackened and Michael fell to the ground coughing, trying to catch his breath. The man in his early thirties backed away from the boy with shock on his face. "Fuck, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry I..."

(?) They will all remember this.

" cough cough ...shit." Michael rolled over and got back on his feet. His small fourteen-year-old body would've been no match to get outta that by himself. He gave a look to Clementine and nodded. "Thanks."

"What the hell was that?!" Helga exclaimed as she strode to her brother. "You let him go on a whim just like that?! How about-?!" Shut up Helga!" Wayne silenced her defiantly with his commanding authority on her. He then turned to Michael and Clementine. "Practice is over for today; get back to your other work. Now!" The older brother made an extra effort for him and his sister to leave ahead of them, and the two of them got the head start.

Then the two remaining kids followed them out as they left the firing range and then the police station behind. When they were outside, Michael turned to the girl next to her. "See ya later Clementine." "See ya." Clem waved him off as he put his hands in his pockets and walked off back towards the tents while she had to make her way to front gates to meet up with Dusty.

• The sun was still shining when she arrived at The Wall: the tall thick fencing which separated hell from home. With the shipping container being their only exit, they were a handful of guards standing by it; ready to open the closed gates. On ground-level, the twelve year old easily spotted Dusty speaking with an older man.

This must be that Xavier character she had heard Vaughn mention. Adorning a black pea coat with brown pants, he wore distinct leather gloves, and his black greasy hair was slicked back and matched his scruffy goatee of dark whiskers. "...now I'm going out on a limb with this, but do you think you can handle this pickup? Because if you and kid can't do it, a couple of my boys will."

Dusty assured him with a vote of confidence. "You won't have to worry about that sir; we'll be back before suppertime for sure."

"I'll hold you to that." Then Xavier spotted the girl walking towards them. "Oh, you're early little one, good to see someone taking the initiative around here. My name's Xavier honey. And from what your friend Kenny tells me, you can really get the job done, nice to officially meet you." "Hi Xavier, nice to meet you too." She wanted to be polite because this guy was second to Vaughn in the simplest of terms in Wellington. But somehow something about him seemed a bit... off. She couldn't place her finger on it. "Kenny talks about me?"

"You're all he ever talks about. You and that baby." Xavier then turned back to Dusty with a smile. "Look at that, manners can still go a long way in my opinion. You've been strong in that department as well dear Dustin." Seemingly satisfied he followed this for confirmation. "You two ready to go?" "Yeah." Dusty crossed his arms and nodded. "What do we get?"

"A rifle, a pistol, and each of you get a knife. That's it." Xavier told them both as he signaled a guard towards them and bestow the equipment onto them. Dusty got the rifle and a combat knife, and Clem also got the same knife and the pistol. "Use our ammo wisely, you should know the drill, do I make myself clear?"

"Wait a second, what are we doing?" Clementine questioned the greasy man in front of her. "Where do we go?" "Your partner will bring you up to speed on the way. Now get going, the both of you make haste." Xavier ordered as he turned his back on them and towards the main camp. Clem thought he appreciated manners, where were his?

"Don't worry, he's always weird like that..." Dusty checked his rifle and put the leftover bullets in his pocket. "Come on Clementine, now it's like he said. I gotta talk to you anyway."

"Okay..."

Moments later, the container gates opened and the two survivors made their way out of Wellington and out into the Walker-infested landscape. The whole area really did look a lot more different without all the snow covering it. Clementine remembered back when she, Kenny, and AJ were accepted, it was a lot like this, springtime. So the two of them headed up and down the familiar hill and into a nearby glade of trees. As soon as they were out of sight of the outer perimeter guards, Dusty began their walk and talk. "So... how you doing?"

Did he really have to say it like that? "Good."

"That's good. That's good. ...Cool. So how was target practice? You get along with Michael and Helga?" "Sort of. ...Wayne showed up too." "Aw damn, what happened?" Dusty inquired. "...Nothing happened, nothing serious. I learned that Helga was Wayne's sister and that Michael seemed... okay."

"Nothing huh? Well alright kid, if you're sure about that." He accepted her answer, but Dustin knew that Clem learned some sort of lesson that Helga and Wayne were people that you did not want to get on their bad side with, at least within reason. "By the way, did you talk to Maree today, Vaughn's daughter? I need to ask you a favor."

"Yeah, I did. Why?" Clementine looked at him with curious eyes, wondering what the favor could be.

"I just want an extra pair of eyes to keep watch over her, that's all." Dusty's voice took a different tone, one that seemed more gentle and all that. "She's real important because she's uh... well, she's one of the few people with medical experience... you know what I mean? And she also takes care of your little brother."

"Yeah, I'll do what I can Dusty." He smiled at her answer, and he was glad she was with him.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." Then another question entered the man's mind. "...How old are you again by the way? I know it's stupid, but I keep having to do a double take with your height, hard to believe you're just a kid."

"I'm twelve... I think." Clem could barely keep track of the days but she knew that her birthday was around... what? Late summer, something like that? "Damn... how you made it this far, it's just... you know."

"No, what?" She turned to Dusty for an answer until she gave him the cynical remark that she always gave when an adult asked her this. "...I just stayed with good people and tried not to do anything stupid. But everyone's luck runs out eventually... People die, and I've had to do really hard things."

"Yeah, I know what that's like. ...I never really was supple with good fortune ever since I dropped outta school. And I suppose things shouldn't be different for me since all this happened."

He gave a loud sigh as Clementine finally found an opening to actually learn what they were doing out here for Xavier. After a few minutes weaving between trees, they found themselves on the other side of the glade and out on a side street of the next town. There was a small lonely grocery market across the way. "What are we supposed to do out here anyway? Dusty?"

Dusty informed her. "One of Xavier's boys radioed in saying he made a drop for us. A duffel bag is waiting to be picked up outside the loading bay in the back of that grocery store." "What's in the bag?" Clem questioned, maybe it was food? Or medicine? What could be so important to go through all this trouble instead of just taking the bag straight to the settlement? Hell if I know. We just need to cut through the store, maybe check for some supplies, and then go out the back. Easy. ...Aw shit, get down."

They crouched down behind a small bush as Clementine followed his eyes and she found what he had spotted: two walkers were standing by the front entrance of the store. Moaning and groaning near the broken glass doors, it was a sore sight to see that the walkers thawed out enough in this increasing temperate weather. The lurkers in question however looked like your typical dead, two male walking corpses. "Walkers." Clem noted.

"Yeah... you ready?" Dusty asked. "We'll go on my signal." "I'm ready." She assured him. "Good." Dusty then stood up from where he was and he whistled loudly. whistle "Lunchtime!" Clementine and Dustin strolled forward with confidence in their skills and the lurkers heeded their call and hobbled towards them. The two survivors however quickly hustled up to them by the store entrance.

"I got this one." Clem claimed as she charged at the walker that was groaning and limping its way towards her until she used her foot and knocked its knee out from under it. The lurker fell forward in a heap and the little girl didn't waste any time stabbing it in the back of its skull and effectively killing it. Dustin jabbed his walker through the eye and it fell dead as well. He turned and approached her with an amazed expression as Clem pocketed her knife again. "Well you're just a little walker killing machine, ain't ya? Where'd you learn that smart move? The knee thing?"

"I met a woman a long time ago; she gave me some really good tips on how to survive." Clem answered him referring to Jane, and then the anguish of that day washed over her. "...But she died..." "That's too bad, I'm sorry hear that. How did a smart girl like that die, if you don't mind me asking?" Dusty inquired.

"I let her die..." Clementine darkly stated. She remembered fondly of Jane, how she wanted to look out for her and even shared her past about her sister and such. Clem clenched her fists, and she shook the cold memory away, trying to move on. "I'm sorry about your friend, but y'know the best thing you can do for her is to use the knowledge she gave you and survive knowing that you knew this person who wanted to help you. So, don't let it go to waste." He sighed. "...People like that are important, friends to watch your back."

"What if you're all by yourself, and all your friends are gone?" Clementine morbidly asked Dusty. "...Then you find new people, people you can trust and work together with. Because in my book, no one should ever be on their own out here, especially when we're already outnumbered, 'cause if you ask me, the only thing worse than being scared... is being sacred alone."

"Yeah, that makes sense." Clementine agreed.

"Now because of you and because of your friend," Dusty smirked. "I got a new trick to add to my arsenal." He nudged the dead walker's knee with his boot. "Everyday's a school day." "Yeah..." Clem glazed over a small smile to assure him that she supported their teamwork. "Come on; let's look for that bag." Dusty affirmed them both as they walked into the front doors of the grocery market with a dingy white sign above it named Paula's Market.

Clementine and Dustin entered through the main doors, stepping over the broken glass relatively easily but still. The interior was dank and dimly lit. To their right, there were two registers and checkout aisles and to their left was a main path where they had access to other grocery aisles. The shelves where food would reside were already picked clean and the fact that beyond what they could see was unknown did not help their apprehensiveness.

"Clem, no way in hell are we splitting up in here to cover more ground. Just... stick close, alright?" Dusty stated cautiously.

"I can take care of myself." By now, Clem did not appreciate the babying of others. "I'm not a helpless little kid."

Episode1 The fallen rise: "No problem." The two of them then split up, content with having a new partner to work with today. Dustin

• Alt text

Bump...next part of my Fanfic is ready! A little respond would be nice ya know? ;D

I loved these chapters again you mix up your styles this takes real talent for a more sweet and beautiful tale of Kenny protecting AJ and Cl

• These are so very good. I really do enjoy this story, it is just wonderfully written, The scenes re so real and captivating. I really do enjoy these!

Alice did not remember waking up at all the next day. She must've slept past breakfast, past lunch, and even past dinner. When her eyes open

• Even when they thought she wasn't listening, Alice still heard them talk about her.

"Almost three days now? Still no appetite? No break in the fever?" They'd all say in whispers.

Her mind would drift in and out of these conversations. She wanted her head to stop hurting.

"We need a doctor- We need fuckin' medicine!" Sometimes they were angry.

Alice's spot on the couch remained her spot. She was warm one minute and cold the next. It came in waves, most of the time lasting hours each time.

"I can't do this again, not this soon. Not now," This voice. She recognized it.

Her father's voice?

Where had she heard him say it before?

Another sequence of memories flooded in.

She was just three years old. They were in a little beat up bungalow, no where's near where she lived for most of the rest of her life.

Dad sat next to the bed, his hands in her mother's.

She was sick. Dying. Alice crawled up the bed's blankets and reached her mother's feet. Crawling closer, she would play with the red curls her mother owned, asking her to wake up. And when she didn't wake up one day, they left.

Her dad just grabbed her, and they walked out the front door.

"Why daddy? Why does mommy have to stay?"

He never answered that question.

"..Alice J.? Alice?" Cara's voice woke the poor girl up.

Sunlight poured through the small windows. Alice rubbed her eyes and sat up. The dizziness was still there. The pounding headache. It was still there.

"We're taking you somewhere that can help you," She began to explain.

Alice said nothing. She let Gary lift her from her bed, although the aching of her body pounded at her without mercy. A jacket was put on her, and she was wrapped in the blanket she'd been sleeping with the past few days. Her eyes closed, she heard the opening of the front door. Then, a car door.

"We have enough gas to get there. We can siphon some, right?"

"If we find can find a car with gas in it. We also need some for the generator while we're at it. And we can chop a few trees. Running low on wood, too."

"As soon as we get Alice better, we can do all that. I just need her....I need her alive." Cara's voice was worrisome. Alice lay across the back seat, her head on another pillow. She felt the bumpy road under her as they drove off, the sound of those who'd stayed behind's goodbyes.

Alice fell back asleep.

• That's great :) I'm happy you like them, it's hard sometimes thinking of what to write next. Next one should be up soon.

These are so very good. I really do enjoy this story, it is just wonderfully written, The scenes re so real and captivating. I really do enjoy these!

• Gripping, it pulls at the heart. These are simply wonderful. I swear I'd pay for this read, they are that damn good!!

Even when they thought she wasn't listening, Alice still heard them talk about her. "Almost three days now? Still no appetite? No break i

• Episode1: The fallen rise:

"Well fine, I won't treat you like one." Dusty retorted. "But it's just goddamn sensible. It ain't like a movie this is real life, Clem." "Okay, sorry. I just wanted you to know that." Clem apologized thinking she talked out of place. But she wanted to make that clear to Dustin. "I'll watch your back." "Thanks. I'll take point." He nodded, glad that they could get on with it.

The two of them went left, and they went across the different columns of empty shelves and the blood stained floor. They passed aisle one... it was pretty dark, aisle two... it was unusually quiet too, neither of them wanted to make a sound, and the only light that was provided was sunshine that came through the nearby windows. It soon began to smell too, a rotten smell. Clementine could see piles of fruit on display in the adjacent corner. They had molded and blackened in color, it was only about now that the two of them realized how many flies and bugs were in here.

"Maybe this wasn't the best idea..." Dusty whispered as they came up to aisle three, the freezer aisle.

groaahhh...

Clementine turned around and noticed several walkers had revealed themselves. Unfortunately, they had hobbled around from aisle two, blocking their exit. Before they even realized it, they were surrounded by lurkers in every direction! "Dusty, where do we go? There's too many of them."

"They're coming outta the damn woodwork, lemme think, just give me a second." Dustin looked around for a means of escape. Their whispering and their living smell was enough to draw the lurkers closer and closer... and the two survivors backed up into the freezer aisle. "Fuck! They're coming from both sides, Clem!"

Clementine looked around and saw that their only viable option was to escape. "In here!" The twelve year old grabbed and opened two of the six freezers glass doors so that they could climb in. "Hurry!"

Dustin nodded and climbed inside one and was quickly followed by Clementine, who shut the door behind her before a walker could reach in. The two of them had crawled through the metal shelf racks that would house the frozen pizzas and lasagnas, and they both came out in the stock section for these frozen items. It would usually be cold in here, with freezing temperatures, but without electricity it was lukewarm in here. And the walkers that were pursing them were trying to claw and bang their way through the glass, they weren't out of trouble yet.

"That ain't gonna hold them back. We gotta hurry before we're neck-high in walkers." Dustin went to the back door of the frozen stock section and realized something. "This door should take us to the loading bay," He tried to open it but it was locked from the other side. "Fuckin' shit! We're trapped like rats in here!"

"Calm down Dusty, we'll find a way out." Clementine comforted him. She realized the severity of the situation, and they had little to no time to figure this out. But panicking would do them no good whatsoever. "Calm down? This is my fault! Why was I so fuckin' stupid that I thought there would be supplies in here!? It's picked clean! Emptier than my stomach!"

"Please don't talk about food now, I'm hungry too." Back in Wellington, food was rationed and everybody had only one meal a day, and you could choose between breakfast or dinner. That was it, and that was why Vaughn and Xavier sent people outside the wall to look for food or to go out and fish by the lake. "We'll figure this out."

"It's locked Clem, and these things are sealed tighter than a tank to keep everything cold. You got a better idea?!" Dusty argued as he took a step back and threw his entire weight into the large door which it did not yield for him. "Fuck..."

crack...

Rawrhhh!

Crack

"The doors are cracking... oh shit no..." Dustin held his breathe as he began tackling the metal door again and again. "No! No! I am not going out like this! No fucking way! Clementine, find something we can use!" Clem gave a quick scan of the room and found nothing useful that could help them in this situation. They were really in the shit now. "There's nothing in here Dusty!"

Clementine's heartbeat quickly rose as one of the freezer doors broke through! RAAAWH! More and more of the freezer doors cracked and broke as the walkers began to inch and reach for their new meals... They had to do something!

Choice A: Help Dusty with the door

Choice B: Cover Dusty

"I'll cover you." Clementine pulled out her gun and aimed it at the incoming attack of crawling lurkers. "Just get the door open!" This wasn't the target practice Clem had in mind either, this was the real deal and it had been months since she fired a gun.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Every shot had counted as she made four head-shots on four walkers, but that was only just a sample as more lurkers were drawn to the gunfire. They began clawing their way through the metal racks as they just did and out onto the stock space they were cornered in.

"It's not budging!" Dusty came to Clem's side as he raised his rifle. "Alright, let's get as many as we can and wait for an opening!" "There's too many! They'll swarm us!" Clementine realized the horrific end that may occur for them. "Don't say that! Just shoot!"

Suddenly, the freezer entrance door that they were trying so hard to break through, swung open from the other side with ease. "Come on!" Adorning a new black eye-patch on his left eye, Kenny was standing in the doorway, beckoning them both to get the hell outta there. "Let's go, now!"

"Kenny!" Clementine greeted as she and Dusty ran out of the stock space for frozen foods, and Kenny slammed the door shut behind them, along with locking the damn thing.

Panting, Dusty and Clementine trying to make sense of what just happened. The three of them were in the main stockroom for dry goods. It was a much bigger space, and wooden pallets and dust were all over the floor. It was just big empty storage, and the twelve year old whirled around and spotted the back exit behind them, next to the sliding shutter door that could raise up for trucks that would deliver the food. "Clem, you okay?"

"I'm okay Kenny. You really saved us back there." Clem gratefully smiled, as she gave the old man a big hug.

"Think nothin' of it darlin'. I'm glad you're safe." Kenny returned the grin and then he turned to Dusty. "Heard all the bangin', thought it was walkers at first then I heard the gunshots. ...So I gotta ask, what the fuck is wrong with you? Bringin' a little girl in a shithole like this?"

"Look, it was a dumb idea and I'll admit that. But in my defense I thought there would be some supplies we could get in-!"

"You think there's gonna be food in grocery market more than three years into the fuckin' apocalypse?" Kenny berated him. "You almost got yourself and a little girl killed! You have any idea how stupid that was?!"

"Kenny, he already said it was a dumb idea, so stop shouting or you'll bring the walkers back here." Clementine chimed in.

"There's a forklift blockin' the other door. They're not getting in here..." Kenny pointed over by the small yellow forklift assuring her as he was about to reload his threats on Dusty. "Now you put that girl in danger again and I swear to god-!"

"I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry!" Dusty did indeed feel scared of Kenny, because he actually believed the one-eyed man's words. "It was mistake on my part, but I promise that won't happen again. Not if I can help it."

Kenny looked seemingly satisfied. "Good, you better." He then turned back to Clementine, it was only then that they noticed Kenny had a grey backpack on. "Clem, this is as good a time as any so..." He took off his pack and unzipped the top, and he pulled out a small leather jacket just her size. "Found this... thought you could get outta that ratty old blue one and get you something new, something a walker would have trouble biting through. It'll help."

"Thanks Kenny." Her thoughts reminisced back to Bonnie as she took off her old blue coat and put on the new leather one. She zipped it up, fit perfectly. "How do I look, guys?"

"Wish I had one like that." Dustin commented as he crossed his arms, nodding his approval. "What? No Kevlar underneath yours, soldier boy?" Kenny quipped as he added his approval for Clem. "You look a lot safer darlin'. Lee would be proud."

"Hm? Who's Lee?" Dustin questioned them.

Clementine, wanting to change the subject, decided to officially introduce the two men with each other. "Kenny, this is Dustin. He likes to be called Dusty. And Dusty, this is Kenny. We're old friends, I came into Wellington with him and AJ." "Hey." Dusty extended his hand for Kenny to shake it, and it was also a symbolic sign for peace between them. "Clem's a good kid, so I suppose we should start over, for her."

Kenny was skeptical at first, but after he and Clem exchange a trusting look, Kenny takes his hand and they firmly shake. "Alright. I can do that, for her."

(?) You got Kenny and Dusty to shake hands.

• Alice marveled at the seeing the city up so close. The skyscrapers, the old apartment buildings. They all looked like they belonged where they stood. The roads were bumpy and littered with debris. Cara and Gary hadn't taken any notice to Alice's awakening, so they talked on as if she weren't there.

"You think he's still a psychopath?" Cara asked.

"Yeah, probably. Armando has some tight security, let's hope he doesn't decide that a moving car is a threat." Gary turned a corner.

"Do you think he'll remember what we owe him?"

"Well, we're going to try our best not to remind him. All we need is some medicine. Some medicine, and then we'll be on our way."

"Right. Hopefully we can negotiate something." Cara turned her head toward the side window.

"No, you're not saying anything," Gary replied.

"What? Why?" Cara became defensive.

"Because, you have a habit of making things worse than they ought to."

"Oh really? How so?" Cara was becoming angry with Gary. He turned his head to face her a second.

"Remember the last time we dealt with the bastard? He threatened to chop your head off when he found you sneaking off. If you'd just follow the damn-"

"Guys, look at the road!" Alice interjected. Gary turned his head and slammed on the breaks.

It was a giant wall.

"That wasn't there last time..." Gary said. The wall was makeshift, made of metal slabs and plywood and car parts. At the bottom, it was reinforced with overturned vehicles, and a little squeeze-bye opening where what seemed like a door stood.

"He's getting more paranoid," Cara uttered.

Gary stopped the car. He carried a sickly Alice out from the back seat and followed Cara to this said entrance.

"Welcome back, hermanos," Armando's booming voice echoed at the gate. He stood at the top, his beaming face smiling devilishly down at the trio.

"We need help, Armando," Cara called from below.

His smile faded,"Last I recall, you owe a debt to my services."

Shit, Gary thought to himself.

"Right. Well-" Cara began.

"Well what? You want me to help you? Should I even trust you'll ever pay me back?" Armando questioned them.

"Please, we need medicine. Our girl, she's sick. Antibiotics will save her," Gary's voice was desperate.

"I don't know..." Armando teased.

"Please! It's all we need- All we need is a little medicine, that's it!" Now Cara was begging.

"Are you sure that's all you'll need?" Armando asked. His happy-go-lucky attitude turned to merciless anger. Gary and Cara looked at each other with concern, unsure of what Armando might do to them.

"We-"

"We have what we owe you," Gary interjected Cara. She gave him a look of confusion, but he ignored her.

"You do? Wonderful. I would be embarrassed not to let you in," Armando's face turned back to his typical too-happy-to-be-sane expression. Deep down, it scared the both of them.

The doors opened. They walked in.

I would like to point out that I had started this chapter earlier, but lost what I wrote (Thankfully not much). That being said, I do wish I remembered exactly what I put, because I think I worded it better that time than this time. But I'm still somewhat happy with how this chapter turned out, and I hope you've enjoyed it :)

• Absolutely enjoyed this!!! To happy to be sane expression, those are the scariest people imaginable. They'll turn on you on a dime. Excellent!

Alice marveled at the seeing the city up so close. The skyscrapers, the old apartment buildings. They all looked like they belonged where th

• Exactly. I wrote Armando off of a character in a book I read, though he probably won't end up being friendly in the end :L You'll see as it unravels.

Absolutely enjoyed this!!! To happy to be sane expression, those are the scariest people imaginable. They'll turn on you on a dime. Excellent!

• LOL... He probably won't end up being friendly, as " his face turns back to his typical too-happy-to-be-sane expression, ya think? ROTFLMAO , yep I really do like these!

Exactly. I wrote Armando off of a character in a book I read, though he probably won't end up being friendly in the end :L You'll see as it unravels.

• Episode1: The fallen rise:

"How is Alvie by the way? I saw him before I went off this morning. They still treating him right?" Kenny quickly inquired from Clementine. "Yeah. AJ's doing good. They're taking good care of him." She informed him as he responded with a relived smirk.

"We should probably get going though." "I agree, the drop should be right past that door out there." Dusty pointed as he walked towards it. "What's he goin' on about?" Kenny inquired again from Clementine. "What were you two doin' out here in the first place?" He asked as he put his backpack on.

"We're here to pick up a supply bag for Xavier. It's really weird, even Dusty doesn't know everything." "Really? Well, that don't make a lick of sense." Kenny crossed his arms as he and Clem followed Dustin towards the exit. "Why not just take it directly to the Wall? ...Something ain't right Clem."

Dusty opened the door and fresh air and sunshine blasted through into the dark death-filled store. The three of them stepped out and into the back parking lot. They hopped down from the loading dock and onto the pavement, right next to a closed dumpster on wheels. To the right corner, they could see a pile of three dead walkers rotting in the sun. To the left side of the lot, they found a white cherry picker truck with it's crane and basket folded and down to the starting position next to a bare telephone pole.

"This day just keeps getting better and better..." Dusty sighed as he headed towards the truck. And Kenny and Clementine looked up at the top of the telephone pole... there was the duffel bag, slung up there far above their reach...

"This day just keeps getting better and better..." Dusty sighed as he headed towards the truck. And Kenny and Clementine looked up at the top of the telephone pole... there was the duffel bag, slung up there far above their reach...

"Can we climb it?" Clementine suggested as they all approached the cherry picker truck. Kenny responded. "Naw, look see the bars on the sides of the pole, they use them to climb up but they're rusted out. Can't do it on your own..." Dusty tried the truck's cab and opened the driver's door only to find out it was locked. "Yeah... we're going need to use this cherry picker to reach the bag. Probably how they got it up there in the first place."

"To use the truck, we need the keys, where they at soldier boy?" Kenny asked as crossed his arms again. "You don't got them?" "...I don't understand." Dusty jogged around to the other side of the truck and attempted to open the other door, it was locked too. "Why's it so tough to do this?" "Something went wrong." Clementine piped up to the both of them. "It doesn't make sense what happened here."

"She's right." Kenny agreed. "Think we can we try to hotwire this thing? Dusty right? You know anything about that?" "What? No. Why would you even think that?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh... uh, because you're... you know what, never mind." Kenny didn't want to get caught by another urban for another stereotype.

Dusty furrowed his eyebrows and examined the truck again. "We need to find those damn keys, maybe their inside the cab? Someone locked them in?" "Clem, go ahead and look around for anything we can use." Kenny told Clementine. "I'm gonna try and figure this out with soldier boy, keep a lookout too." "I'll try Kenny." The twelve year old nodded.

"Thanks sweetie, you find anything come and tell us." The one-eyed man affirmed her as he joined Dustin in this problem of a truck. "Don't go smashing the window, might still have an alarm." Clementine turned around and scanned the back parking lot for clues. The only thing is there was barely anything out here at all. Just a nasty-smelling dumpster and a bloody pile of walkers.

(?) Look at Dumpster.

"Seems pretty crappy..." She shrugged.

Then the only thing left to check out was that pile of three dead walkers. She causally stepped towards it, and when she got close enough...

groah...

Oh, well Clem soon learned that it was instead two dead walkers on top of a weakened live one. It growled and snarled at the young girl when it spotted her, but it was pinned beneath the bodies of two of its own. Clem could see that the live one's neck was shredded, so he must of bled out and fallen. Yet somehow this former survivor was able to kill both of these two walkers while they were still on top of him.

"Sorry..." Clem murmured to it as she pulled out her knife and stabbed the live walker in the head, silencing it.

It was then that Clementine realized that the bottom walker was much fresher than the other two. It looked like he died today. The twelve year old then checked and then stabbed both skulls of the other lurkers, just to be sure. She then clasped her hands on the top walker and rolled it off the pile. She did the same for the second one, and she was met with the fresh dead meat she had just put out of its misery.

"There's a walkie-talkie in his hand." Clem noted as she picked it up and pocketed it, remembering that Dusty said that Xavier's guy radioed him about the drop. This man must have worked for him, most likely the guy who had placed the drop bag where it was. She crouched down to search the body.

(?) Check Left Pocket.

Clementine stuck her hand awkwardly down the indicated pocket to start her looting. She felt something and she pulled it out, only to find that it was a small wallet-sized picture of a beautiful lady...Clem sighed and she respectfully placed the photo back where it was.

(?) Check Right Pocket.

She dug her hand here, and her fingers were quickly met with a cold metal and the jingle-jangle of what she needed. "Got'em." She smirked.

She stood back up on her two feet and proudly walked back to Dusty and Kenny who were still at a lost for starting up the truck without making too much noise. It was Kenny who noticed her first. "Well? You find anything Clem?"

Clem shrugged jokingly. "Nothing much, just these." She revealed the bundle of silver and golden keys to the both of them. "You little devil..." Kenny smirked with pride. "Whoa." Dusty took the keys from the little girl, and he was already climbing up to the basket. "I think you saved the day Clem, great work."

"Thanks." Clementine nodded as she peered up at the duffel bag at the top of the telephone pole, it sure looked a whole lot closer now. "Dusty, do you know how to work this thing?"

"Yeah, I mean... how hard can it be?" Dusty argued as he got into the basket and examined the controls. "Okay... right. Ignition's here..." "Oh Jesus..." Kenny sighed. "We might be here all day Clem." He then addressed Dustin. "Hey, you want me to do it?" "No no, I got it. I got this." Dusty assured them as he found the right key and the crane sprang to life. The hydraulics sounded like they were maintained and slowly but surely, Dustin adjusted and relatively rose up pretty quickly in height, getting closer and closer to the bag. "Almost got it..."

CCRRREEEAAKKK!

"Stop! Stop it!" Kenny hollered up at him. "Don't push it, that damn crane might give!" "What? No, I'm close..." Dusty stretched out his arm, he was only a foot or two away from touching the bag. He just had to move the basket forward. "I can get it..."

Clementine then noticed a pool of dark fluid dripping out of the bottom of the truck. The leak then got more and more frequent, and bigger quantities began to spill out. "Kenny!" Kenny snapped his attention from above to below and then he exclaimed. "She's leaking hydraulic!"

CRREEEAAAKKKK! Thump! Tssssss

Without the precious liquid to keep the the crane and basket raised, Dusty was going to come back down even after all this progress that they had made. But that was when he did something neither Kenny or Clementine expected him to do: he leaped out of the freaking basket! And Dusty was able to grab with both hands and hang onto the cross-arm piece of wood where the duffel bag was slung over too. His feet were dangling, but he held on. Clementine yelled up at him. "What the hell are you doing?!"

Kenny followed that up with. "Are you outta your damn mind?!" "I got it! Just... here!"

With most of his effort, Dusty was able to get his fingers underneath the strap, and he tossed the duffel bag down below which slammed onto the ground with a thud. Now all they had to do was to get Dusty down, but the thing was, it was about a forty foot drop for him. Kenny warned him. "All you got is pavement underneath ya, don't let go, or you'll break both your damn legs!" He then turned to Clem. "We need something to cushion that idiot's fall."

Clementine quickly looked around and spotted probably the best option for them. "How about that? Push the dumpster underneath him." "Good enough." Kenny agreed as he and Clementine nearly sprinted to the dumpster and got on either side of it.

On really old wheels, it was difficult to get the thing moving. It wasn't empty from what they could tell which was good for what they had in mind. Clem pushed, as did Kenny, and they guided the giant smelly bin until it was directly underneath Dustin, ready as a landing pad. Kenny flipped open the lid and the three-year-old garbage wafted horribly into the air, causing Clementine to hold her nose. "Oh god!"

Kenny's face scrunched up too. "Go on soldier boy!" He called up to him. "Help is here." "Just let go, Dusty!" Clementine stated as she took a peak inside the dumpster. She nearly gagged, but she knew there was enough foul garbage to break his fall. "Come on!" "You think I'm just gonna jump in-!" Dusty had lost his grip, and he fell like a sack of potatoes until he crashed right into large putrid dumpster. "Ow..."

Kenny offered his hand to a sprawled out Dusty to get him back out. "Did I mention you're a reckless fuckin' moron? I know ya for ten fuckin' minutes and you almost get yourself killed, again?"

"Hey it worked," Clem defended him. "Dusty got the bag down." "And nothing's broken..." Dusty took Kenny's hand, and with his help he was able to hop out and get back on solid ground. "Yep, pretty sure nothing's broken." "Goddamn, you stink!" Kenny pushed him away as Dustin lifted an arm to smell himself. "You'll need all the fuckin' water in Lake Michigan to wash that shit away."

"Gee, thanks Kenny." Dusty scowled as Clementine went over to the now accessible duffel bag and picked it up. She carried it over to the two men and she propped it on the flat step to climb into the basket, so that they could easily examine it. "Wonder what's in it?" "Yeah, I'm wondering that too." Kenny crossed his arms. "Open it up Clem. See what's what."

Dusty objected. "No, we ain't suppose to look inside. Xavier told me to just get it and bring it back to him. That's all, so no peeking guys."

"What?" Kenny raised his eyebrow at him. " 'Just get it and bring it back to him'? You of all people should want to know what's inside. After all that effort, you ain't the least bit suspicious about this, soldier boy?" "I'm just followin' orders Kenny." Dustin spat back. "If it was important, I'm sure he would've told me." "Yeah... I'm sure he would've..."

"We almost died trying to get this, can we just take a peek Dusty?"

Clementine asked. He shook his head at that. "Clem, we can't have that on us. Now let's just get back to Wellington, get some dinner, and call it a day." "Do you even think for yourself?" Kenny questioned him. "If Xavier ordered ya to jump off a bridge would you do it? 'Cause I wouldn't be surprised."

Choice A: Open Bag

Choice B: Don't look

Clementine decided to take matters into her own hands, and she unzipped the whole duffel bag, much to Dustin's surprise. "Clementine! What are you doing?" "She's doin' what she wants. Deal with it." Kenny answered for her as they all peered inside. "Holy shit..."

The contents inside were plastic bags filled with bottles of antibiotics, small syringes filled with clear liquid, and other medicine: enough to treat fifty or so people for a while... "I've never seen that much medicine in one place..." Dusty was internally glad that he risked his life for all this. How many lives he may have saved. "Zip it back up Clem."

"Why did Xavier go to all this trouble?" Clementine inquired from the both of them as she zipped it back up. "It's like he was keeping it a secret." "Yeah it does." Kenny nodded. "I knew I smelled bullshit the second I heard about this."

"I'll carry it." Dustin stated as he took the bag and slung it over his shoulder. "I'll have a word or two with the man, and we'll discuss this later." "Fine." "Let's get it out of here."

"AHHHHHH!"

"What the hell was that?!" Dusty exclaimed as he spun around, looking for the source of the scream. Kenny was the one who narrowed in and deduced where it came from. "That was a girl's voice! Came from over there!" He pointed across the street towards a shabby rundown Laundromat. "We should go check it out." Clementine suggested knowing that wasn't exactly the smartest idea but... "Maybe we can still save her!"

(?) They both noticed your optimism.

• edited September 2014

"Yeah, yeah. We gotta try." Dustin agreed as he armed his rifle again while Kenny and Clem took out their pistols. "We gotta hurry then." Kenny affirmed as they went off.

The three of them ran towards the location to which they heard the screaming woman, about twenty seconds of sprinting across the road and hopping over the curb, they made it to the front entrance of the Laundromat.

"I'll keep watch out here," Dusty told them. "You two go and check if she's still alive in there." "Fine. Let's go Clem." Kenny stated as he and Clementine stepped inside yet another dark structure. But Clem and Kenny found themselves with their jaws dropped at the sight they were seeing. "Oh my god..."

"NO! NO! PLEASE! GAHHH-! EGLHhh..." They heard her... but they didn't see her.

They had found themselves in the middle of a makeshift massacred camp: washing machines and old dryers stained with blood, and there were many dead bodies lying all over the floor. From the back room to where they were standing, it was piled up with gore and yards of intestines were already strewn out to litter one another. This scene they smelled, it was ghastly and reeked of death; "Fuckin' hell..." Kenny and Clem saw a distinct fresh trail of blood leading around the back room of the Laundromat...

Kenny held up his fingers to his lips in a shushing motion and signaled Clementine to follow him with his gun raised. The two survivors cautiously tiptoed and made their way across the horrible real-life nightmare. What they found though, was not just the damsel in distress...

It was another young man covered in blood; he was kneeling over the woman they could assume was the one screaming. "You... you can't be... I need..."

Clementine took the courage to speak up and address the only survivor. "Hey! Get away from her or she's going to turn!" She noted that the woman was disemboweled as well with no blow to the head.

Kenny ordered him. "Get your ass up, now!"

The man who complied had turned around revealing himself to be just a kid, a teenage boy of above average height and build. He had dark colored eyes and short, black hair. He wore a standard white collared shirt, blue jeans as well and sneakers. He had his shirt partly unbuttoned and un-tucked with his sleeves rolled up. He also has a silver chain looped on to his pants. He was just only a boy... a big one at that, but maybe he was around sixteen. " "...Why? Why am..."

Dustin suddenly came onto the scene in a panic. "Guys, we got walkers coming!" He then glanced at the young man then the woman dead on the ground. "Clementine, come on, let's go!" "Dammit! We have to shoot our way out!" Kenny and Dusty raised their guns and prepared to do so.

Clem realized that the teen was the only one left alive here so she ran to him and nudged him. "I'm sorry about your friend but you have to come with us! You'll live!"

(?) He will remember that.

The boy looked at her and gave a firm nod before looking back at the now dead girl in a somber expression, so he got up and ran with Clem without another word as Dusty and Kenny provided their cover, the four of them continued to run and shoot, ran out of the bloody Laundromat, passed Paula's Market, and found safety from the lurkers in the nearby woods...

The four of them made it out of the forest and Dusty spotted the cooking fire in the sky over the hill. "Suppertime, we've been gone longer than I thought..." And their trek back to the Wall was almost finished.

"What do we do with that kid? Think they're gonna let him in just like that?" Kenny said in a tone of exasperation. "This whole damn day was too fucked up for its own good." "We got the job done, that's what matters, and we saved someone's life." Dusty evaluated their efforts. "Ain't got to be so damn sore about it."

While Dusty and Kenny were still bickering about the events that had just transpired, Clementine looked over at the young man who never said a word since they rescued him. Not even a thanks or a hello. Perhaps Clem should start? "Hi... I'm Clementine. What's your name?"

Maybe it was the shock that kept him quiet, what horrors had he witnessed his friend suffer? But after he spared a glance at the twelve year old, he revealed his name.

"John, John Hazen." "Huh?" He had barely whispered it. "My name is Hazen."

"Oh... nice to meet you, John Hazen." Clem offered a smile to comfort him but it didn't seem to have any effect.

"...She was my big sister." Again she could barely hear him, but she still listened. Clementine attempted to console him. "I'm sorry you lost her... John."

"Just Hazen is good..." It was a moment or two before John responded. "The truth is... I don't even know how to feel about it. It all seems like a fog... like didn't know where I was... just lost."

Dusty chimed in, looking back at the two of them. "Just take all the time you need kid, Wellington ain't exactly famed for turning away kids. Our leader will make sure of it." "It'll be okay once we get back inside and eat some food. It's been a long day." Clementine added.

"A long day of bullshit if you ask me..." Kenny sighed as the four of them slowed to a stop before the Wall. "Edith! Open the damn doors already!"

"I hear you Kenny," Edith walked up to her regular post above the entrance yet again. "No need for shouting." She then noticed the extra company. "Who's that? You pick up an extra guest?" "It would've been inhumane to leave the kid where we found him. One more extra mouth to feed can't hurt Edith, if he does his share of work, right?" Dusty defended.

"We've crossed this line before Dusty and we've had to turn away a lot of folks." Edith stated after speaking an order into her radio. "...Luckily, today isn't one of those days. Come on in, you all must be awfully hungry." "You could say that again." Clem smiled as the protection of the Wall opened up for them and they walked back through. As soon as they were on the safe side now, the container doors closed right behind them, and Xavier, Maree, and AJ in her arms were waiting for them.

"You're back." Maree grinned at the sight of them. "You had us all worried."

Kenny was the first on her to take Alvin Junior back from her. "Hey little buddy, how you doing?" "He was a real gentleman, Kenny." Maree joked as she informed him. "He already had his nap so get him some food and a change. He should go right back to sleep." "Thank you." Kenny nodded as Maree gave a soft glance to Dustin and Clementine before she dismissed herself back to her tent.

"Well your a man of your word, I'll give you that dear Dustin." Xavier approached the former janitor and relinquished him of medicine bag. "An excellent end if I may say so." He sniffed him and he scrunched up his nose. "Been rolling around with the skunks?"

"It's a long story..." Dusty peered over with a disgruntled Kenny and a worried Clementine. "Think we can talk?" "Actually, I have another matter I need to attend to, excuse me." He waved them all of as he departed as well. "Ciao, my friends." Another abrupt farewell by Xavier, he didn't even seem to notice Hazen at all, oh well...

"Clementine," Kenny got her attention before anyone else could say anything. "Meet me and AJ by our tent, we need to talk, in private..." "Okay Kenny... see you in a bit." Clementine responded as Kenny walked off with AJ.

"So what do you think?" Dusty got her attention again. "You think after a day like today, you want to work together again? A boring guy like me?" He chuckled making fun of himself. "I'll understand if you want to change things up a bit, get some shifts with Kenny maybe?" "You're okay Dusty, but would you mind if I worked with Kenny instead?" Clementine kindly asked.

"No, no of course not. Kenny's your friend and I get it. ...But damn that guy really knows how to talk down on ya..." Dusty retorted. "He's like that with everyone. Don't worry." Clem replied as she turned to Hazen, who looked like a third wheel on this conversation.

"Hey kid." Dusty included the quiet young man in. "Maybe tomorrow they'll start you with me. Let's get you set up with a tent, alright?" Hazen acknowledged him. "Yeah, thank you Dusty." He then turned to the twelve-year-old who had woken him up from his recent shock. "Thank you, Clementine." "You're welcome." Clem nodded as she walked off to attend to her own business, getting dinner. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." She waved them off.

Clementine made a beeline to one of the soup kitchens that served as a cafeteria in an outside picnic area near their field of tents. There was a good amount of people already eating, so Clem was about to get her meal when she was stopped by a deep voice. "Clementine."

The twelve-year-old turned to see Vaughn walking towards her with an open can in his hands. "Vaughn, how was your day?" "Not so marvelous I'm afraid, little one." The old Haitian sighed as he handed her his can of meat-stuffed ravioli. "Here, this one's on me..." "Thank you." Clem hungrily accepted this delicacy, much better than beans or chili. "So...how was your day?"

"My day? Child, it has been a long one, but seeing you here after a day of contributing to the community, makes my heart feel glad and buoyant." Vaughn smiled as he patted the girl on the shoulder. "I hope it wasn't too stressful for you, no?"

"Actually, I have some questions to ask you." Clementine spoke up to him. "Do you have the time?" She knew he was a busy guy, heck he was the leader of Wellington, she was happy that this gentle man found the time to check in with her. "I only have a second to spar Clementine, then I must get going. What is it, dear?" He waited for her single question.

Choice A: Ask about Xavier

Choice B: Ask about Wayne

"When Dusty and me went out today, Xavier told us to pick up a bag instead of looking for supplies. It was full of medicine and pills, I don't really understand it at all. Neither did Dusty." Clementine explained to Vaughn. "Did you know about it?"

Vaughn was racking his brain for a response, but he was drawing a blank for the little girl. "Clementine, are you sure that's what happened?"

"Yes."

(?) Vaughn will remember that.

Episode1: The fallen rise: "How is Alvie by the way? I saw him before I went off this morning. They still treating him right?" Kenny

• Alice's eyes opened to a long, wide room. It smelled sterile, and she had no clue how or why she was there. She felt better, though. Beds lined the walls, jutting out in rows with white sheets and little side tables near each. Curtains were attached to the wall, but most were open to show the wide, open space.

Sitting up, she relished at the thought that she no longer felt so sick. The headache was nearly gone, and the dizziness was no longer existent. Her bare feet touched the cool tiled floors as she began to make her way toward the first doors she saw.

"Miss, you have to stay in your bed," Someone from behind chanted, as if she had to say it a thousand times a day.

"How come?" Alice asked. She wanted to walk, to run. She was tired of being asleep all the time.

"The doctor must clear you before you leave. You need to get to your bed." She responded.

Reluctantly, Alice listened, positioning the pillows against the metal headboard to support her back.

"Where are my friends?" Alice asked as the nurse walked off.

She didn't answer Alice's question.

Alice sat there quiet, and soon enough, the doctor stopped by.

He was really, really old, with hair so grey that it was white. His clip board was in his hand and he walked directly to Alice's bed.

He flipped through some pages and then began to write something down. Then he said,"You'll be escorted to the guest house. Your group members should be there. If not they're probably working. You'll have clothes and necessities when you get there."

"I just leave now?" Alice asked.

"Yes. Flora should be outside the door. She had red hair, can't miss her."

Alice nodded in compliance and walked toward the door the doctor came from. Sure enough, there was this Flora girl, her arms crossed and her foot tapping the floor.

"Ready to go?" She said impatiently, like this was the worst job of all.

Alice only nodded, following the lady down a series of hallways. At one point, she noticed that they were crossing an indoor bridge to another building. On the left through the windows, you could see empty roads filled with rust and age. On the right, however, it was clean. Crisp roads in better condition, no debris or useless cars. People walked. Casually.

Alice had never seen so many people who weren't dead before.

Flora took a key out, pressing it into the lock of the door. It opened, and inside was a decent sized room with 2 large beds and a bathroom attached. The lights flickered on.

They had electricity.

"Where's my aunt Cara? Where's Gary?"

"Working off their debts," the woman answered. She almost sounded disgusted by the mention of Alice's family.

"Well, thank you," Alice responded, taking a few steps inside.

"You're expected to report tomorrow morning at 8 AM down on the street. Don't. Be. Late. Your buddies will tell you what you need to know."

"What do you mean- I'm not-"

Flora exited the room and closed the door, not explaining a thing to Alice. She wondered what this strange place was called, and she also wondered if she'd ever get to leave. She found the change of clothes on the bathroom sink, folded and untouched for possibly days since she'd been out.

A red sweater, black jeans. White sneakers and a fresh pair of socks.

She concluded that it would be a while before she could go home.

• Very nice, I really like how you reel us in and leave us hanging. It always has an " Oh shit" what's next feel to it. That is what makes this so awesome! I am hooked.

Alice's eyes opened to a long, wide room. It smelled sterile, and she had no clue how or why she was there. She felt better, though. Beds li

• Haha, good to know. I try to write them that way, best I can.

Very nice, I really like how you reel us in and leave us hanging. It always has an " Oh shit" what's next feel to it. That is what makes this so awesome! I am hooked.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.