Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• If this was intentional then that's cool but it's probably not

Sparkeagle posted: »

Does anyone else see the parallels between these two scenes? Javier tries to make peace, David/Conrad yell at him no matter what and the fig

• edited February 2017

Season 1 is way better than ANF but calling it a "Hollyweed action movie" is retarted level of stupid lol

• edited February 2017

Season 1 is way better than ANF but calling it a "Hollyweed action movie" is retarted level of stupid lol

• edited February 2017

• It's kinda true but still a bit mean

Lilacsbloom posted: »

And Javi has the option of being a complete dipshit and hurt Clem's feelings even more after that! Good luck redeeming yourself on that one boy, I don't even think a crate of apples will do it.

• enter image description here

DabigRG posted: »

Ben looks scary when he's angry. Or smiling, for that matter.

• Did you really just say that after everything that's happened? If anyhitng, I'm surprised they DIDN'T just go with that.

Yeah, we haven't seen any kids really suffer like that.

Uh..would either be better or worse than this?

Is that an anime reference or something? Pfft.

I think it could work if the writers were up to handling stuff that dark. Sadly, I don't think they are. Not anymore. Did you rea

• What even kinda face is that? :lol:

• Yeah, we haven't seen any kids really suffer like that.

Well, considering what happened to Fivel, might've happened to Danielle, and most importantly the fact that Sarah got her face chewed up before being ignored, I definitely wouldn't put it past them to have Mariana gurgle to death before Javier and Gabe's very eyes.

Is that an anime reference or something? Pfft.

It's a meme that's been goin around for a while. Apparently, it's from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. And admittedly, it's a pretty awesome song.

Louche posted: »

Did you really just say that after everything that's happened? If anyhitng, I'm surprised they DIDN'T just go with that. Yeah, we ha

• Kenny and Sarah have basis in the same trope and do/experience the same general things in In Harm's Way and Amid the Ruins. This mighg have been meant/utilized to have her be a Foil[and/or good counterpart(?)] to him.

• If that scene would've had like ten to fifteen more minutes of substance and build up, it would've been a decent send off for Kenny but it felt so rushed. (obviously same with Jane and Edith) but just saying it because we're in this context. We were all expecting he'd die but we didn't expect how disappointing it would be. I remember seeing screenshots of a grave sight (turned out to be Mariana's) but I thought it was possible we'd have a substantial section where Clementine, AJ, and Kenny are together and then maybe something happens and Kenny would be dying and you have a conversation with him before he goes and then you'd have to bury him.

• I thought that the gravesite would be Kenny's as well. He really did deserve a peaceful rest after everything he has been through, but the reality is that he was devoured and we don't even know if there was enough left of him to turn.

God damn it.

TJ3046 posted: »

If that scene would've had like ten to fifteen more minutes of substance and build up, it would've been a decent send off for Kenny but it f

• Considering Gabe has one of the only clear arcs, I'd would think it was.

If this was intentional then that's cool but it's probably not

• Still not quite the same. Fivel was already dead, Sarah was at a distance. And Danielle was only implied.
    I'm tellin ya, if done right, that would be utterly horrifying in a whole new way.

Thought so, I thought Jojo's bizarre adventure was a cute meme at first, not it annoys the heck outta me.

Yeah, we haven't seen any kids really suffer like that. Well, considering what happened to Fivel, might've happened to Danielle, and

• Hey, this is totally unrelated, but back when we were arguing about which girl was least feminine/looked like boy, I did this lil edit. But I totally forgot to post it.
    enter image description hereenter image description here

Kenny and Sarah have basis in the same trope and do/experience the same general things in In Harm's Way and Amid the Ruins. This mighg have been meant/utilized to have her be a Foil[and/or good counterpart(?)] to him.

• edited February 2017

Interesting. Not really the place for it, but interesting. I'm honestly having hard time picking between the two, since Clementine somewhat resembles Alex Fairbanks and Becca is not only wearing a jacket but always looked kinda weird to begin with--kinda like a pale young Lilly, now that I think about it.

{Yo Mods! If you could relocation these two replies/posts to my character design thread, that'd be great!}

Louche posted: »

Hey, this is totally unrelated, but back when we were arguing about which girl was least feminine/looked like boy, I did this lil edit. But I totally forgot to post it.

• Quite a lot of these lines were still in the game, but there's definitely some unused and neat stuff in here. Really curious as to what was supposed to happen at Wellington and Prescott. Big changes there.

Clem: "I didn't know anyone could point a gun at someone and still look like a huge dork."
    Gabe: "Haha... Oh, c'mon."
    Clem: "No, it was really scary - I thought you might shoot your own foot off."

enter image description here

• They sound similar but are actually different. The David line where he says "Where the fuck were you? Partying? Gambling, that's what's important to you?!" Is half used since he never says the full sentence. They used different takes for a lot of the lines.

Davissons posted: »

Quite a lot of these lines were still in the game, but there's definitely some unused and neat stuff in here. Really curious as to what was

• Yeah, that's one of the 'unused' lines I meant. But there were a ton of repeats.

Just extracting the Javier flashback, for example:

• "I know, all right? I'm just... I'm on my way." is the last line Javi gives in his phone call. The line after from David is also repeated.
    • "It's nothing, Gabe. We're just horsin' around." is a dialogue option when Gabe shows up: [We're just playing.]
    • "Sorry... I've got my own life." is a dialogue option when David is telling you to stay for the family: [I'm not staying.]

There's other examples across the video, but I'm not going to go through every one.

Graysonn posted: »

They sound similar but are actually different. The David line where he says "Where the fuck were you? Partying? Gambling, that's what's impo

• edited February 2017

I did add a couple to give some context to some of the lines when I could too (a majority of the Edith lines are used for example but I left them in to show what the scene would have been like). The thing you have to realise though is that they aren't at all organized. Some are numbered at the beginning then show up about 600 lines later sounding slightly different or there was a pickup session where they it did again. There's over like 3000 voice lines combined so it's not at all easy to go through all these and remember every single line, I was bound to forget one or two.

Yeah, that's one of the 'unused' lines I meant. But there were a ton of repeats. Just extracting the Javier flashback, for example:

• edited February 2017

My made up Clem response is better than that "you dork, almost shoot your foot off".

• People are saying she killed a man in cold blood.

People are saying she pulled the trigger on purpose.

People are saying some disturbing things about her.

Woah. Prescott sure likes gossip.

• Tripp also mentions Connie—a scrapped character?

Quite a lot of these lines were still in the game, but there's definitely some unused and neat stuff in here. Really curious as to what was

• ...Or maybe it's a cute nickname that Tripp gave to Conrad?

Eh...?

Tripp also mentions Connie—a scrapped character?

• Man... if ONLY there was a way I could replay sections of the game to make check if the lines are in the game...

Imagine if that feature existed in TTG games! How convienent would that be? Such a shame no such thing exists.

Graysonn posted: »

I did add a couple to give some context to some of the lines when I could too (a majority of the Edith lines are used for example but I left

• Did the ship sail?

...Or maybe it's a cute nickname that Tripp gave to Conrad? Eh...?

• edited February 2017

Unused Jane sounds = Jane looking at herself in the mirror.
    Tripp knew Badger's name, huh? Neat.
    Guess Clementine really was gonna be much more guilty, but they shifted some of it to Javier for storytelling purposes.
    Who is that at 6:32? Is that supposed to be Francine? Is that how sounds in the game proper or is that really another actress?
    Not gonna lie--I like the banter between Clementine and Gabe there.
    Poor Max and David.

Also, wtf at the end?

• "We could hang for this."

Interesting way to deal with the criminals, Prescott. Who was a leader of this place and why we didn't get a chance to meet them? I hate such obvious plot-holes.

"loaf of bread"

Wellington had supplies to bake bread? Like, on the freezing north? Rye or wheat, flour (mills?), yeast, oil, salt? Working ovens? Hard to believe, unless it was a metaphor.

• v

Did the ship sail?

• Who is that at 6:32? Is that supposed to be Francine? Is that how sounds in the game proper or is that really another actress?

I think it's supposed to be Francine. She does sound different but I don't know if it's the same actress.

Also, wtf at the end?

Hahaha, good to know someone pointed that out. I have no idea I just thought it was hilarious. Might be an unused line from when Javi hugs Kate in the junkyard.

Unused Jane sounds = Jane looking at herself in the mirror. Tripp knew Badger's name, huh? Neat. Guess Clementine really was gonna be much

• Yeah I noticed the whole "Mark gave me the all clear." At first, I was pissed at Telltale because I thought it was a plot error, but looking back it is very much so a plan by the St. Johns. Never knew about the arrow thing though. That's really cool!

Gameserer posted: »

I was looking at TV Tropes for TWD and found this in the fridge section. That's a really disturbing detail. Sorry if this has already been pointed out but this thread obviously has a lot of pages.

• Interesting way to deal with the criminals

Tell me about it - hanging is an interesting form of punishment...

I hope Clem's "We could hang for this." wasn't a form of foreshadowing.

fallandir posted: »

"We could hang for this." Interesting way to deal with the criminals, Prescott. Who was a leader of this place and why we didn't get

• from the gallows

I guess it's safe to say...

Jane got lucky, real lucky.

d

Interesting way to deal with the criminals Tell me about it - hanging is an interesting form of punishment... I hope Clem's "We could hang for this." wasn't a form of foreshadowing.

• Ya know, that actually looked pretty good at first. Then I looked at her lipstick'd mouth.

Also, I think it would've been a neater touch if it was Nick's hat.

fallandir posted: »

from the gallows I guess it's safe to say... Jane got lucky, real lucky.

• This one is for the people wondering—what does "From The Gallows" mean?

Gallows humor is humor about very unpleasant, serious, or painful circumstances. Any humor that treats serious matters, such as death, war, disease, and crime, in a light, silly or satirical fashion is considered gallows humor. Gallows humor has been described as a witticism in response to a hopeless situation. It arises from stressful, traumatic, or life-threatening situations, often in circumstances such that death is perceived as impending and unavoidable.

Gallows humor has the social effect of strengthening the morale of the oppressed and undermines the morale of the oppressors. According to Wylie Sypher, "to be able to laugh at evil and error means we have surmounted them."

This episode title, in company of the episode slide that depicts Javier leading the rise of a group of people, suggest that the members of the New Frontier who took over Richmond attempt to oppress our protagonist group and the previous inhabitants of the community, yet they are able to pull through the situation with a form of Gallows humour.

We can just hope that this aspect is handled correctly.

Interesting way to deal with the criminals Tell me about it - hanging is an interesting form of punishment... I hope Clem's "We could hang for this." wasn't a form of foreshadowing.

• edited February 2017

Weirdly, depending on if you tell the truth or cover for Clementine about what happened in the bar in S3E1, if you decide to go with Tripp there is a small change in dialogue.

If you covered for Clem, he calls her by that name. If you refuse to cover for Clementine, Javier refers to her by her full name and hesitates beforehand.

• I SHIP IT

now it is a... love hexagon?

Did the ship sail?

• edited February 2017

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out by anyone here, but the song that plays when Javi and Clem meet, is a darker version of the S1 and S2 soundtrack "Alive Inside". It could mean Clem as a person has grown darker to the world. Many thanks to a commentor who noticed this and here is the Ost of you wanna listen to it:

• I noticed this too, it backs up the theory that telltale might have clem acting the way she does for a reason. Also the fact that elanor tells javi that "there's something cold behind her eyes". It would be really cool if true

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out by anyone here, but the song that plays when Javi and Clem meet, is a darker version of the S1 an

Sign in to comment in this discussion.