Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• That's a pretty cool thing to spot. I think also using a bow and arrow would be a difficult thing for her to do because of the cross-dominant.

ZombiePizza posted: »

Clementine is actually "cross-dominant". By this I mean she is right handed but aims down the sights of guns with her left eye. This onl

• Yes that's true, it would certainly hinder the ability of using any weapon which involves shutting one eye. However trained marksmen and women can use their lesser eye more effectively... sometimes simply by covering their stronger eye with an eyepatch for a few hours a day.

This is why Kenny was "lucky" to lose his left eye because it meant he could still use rifles and other stocked weapons.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

That's a pretty cool thing to spot. I think also using a bow and arrow would be a difficult thing for her to do because of the cross-dominant.

• Clementine and Carver can both use fake names of people they once knew in A House Divided depending on what dialogue options you choose.

"My name is Carley."

"My name is George, honey."

Clementine, of course, knew Carley from Season 1.

Carver knew George from his group as Alvin supposedly killed him in cold blood.

• (like Mike dropping Clem in episode 3),

To be fair, that one was kinda funny.

I'm the kind of person who tries to make sure everyone lives as long as they can.

Same. That's a major part of why I describe later deaths of determinant character's as the "canon" one.

dojo32161 posted: »

I don't buy into non canon deaths since some of them don't make too much sense (like Mike dropping Clem in episode 3), plus I'm the kind of person who tries to make sure everyone lives as long as they can.

• I just noticed it's purple. Well played.

Graysonn posted: »

The reason why Clem's hoodie model isn't used is because her hair clips through it all the time (lol). EDIT: It looks like I was wrong, the hood model works fine, I'm just an idiot. Clem pics are still cute tho!

• Oh yeah, I remember that. Not sure Carley meant that much to Clementine, but I see what they were going for.
    They also make the same pose if stay silent if he asks you did you trust the Cabin Group.

Clementine and Carver can both use fake names of people they once knew in A House Divided depending on what dialogue options you choose.

• Hahaha, yeah. It looked like he was mimicking her.

DabigRG posted: »

Oh yeah, I remember that. Not sure Carley meant that much to Clementine, but I see what they were going for. They also make the same pose if stay silent if he asks you did you trust the Cabin Group.

• Damn that sass!

Feeling's mutual.

• edited March 2017

enter image description here

I think there was supposed to be a Ski-lodge bathroom scene? My guess is that they wanted a scene where Clem & Kenny are washing their hands, judging by the gray shadows.

Also my bet is that this is the first "taking care of your hygiene" moment in the game... that was scrapped.

• My guess is that they wanted a scene where Clem & Kenny are washing their hands, judging by the gray shadows.

What the fuck are Clementine and Kenny doing in the bathroom to begin with?

Also my bet is that this is the second "taking care of your hygiene" moment in the game... that was scrapped.

Fixed.

TheMPerson posted: »

I think there was supposed to be a Ski-lodge bathroom scene? My guess is that they wanted a scene where Clem & Kenny are washing their

• Every time I think of the cut/scrapped content and rewrites that Season 2 I had I want to stick my head in a furnace. End my suffering... please...

You can easily tell they straight out removed scenes to conform to the 1hour30min runtime and a former senior animator for S2 said that they removed scenes and hub sections for 'pacing' reasons. I so badly want to see what the original vision for S2 was. I think I have a pretty good idea in my head with the sort of stuff we know about but just for once I'd love to hear from a ttg member who worked on S2 themselves tell us what was originally planned.

I think there was supposed to be a Ski-lodge bathroom scene? My guess is that they wanted a scene where Clem & Kenny are washing their

• edited March 2017

Wow that's like me then. Cool. :)

Clementine is actually "cross-dominant". By this I mean she is right handed but aims down the sights of guns with her left eye. This onl

• Me too pal, only recently found out myself when I went clay-pigeon shooting and couldn't hit anything.

Gameserer posted: »

Wow that's like me then. Cool.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2017

No, not the ski-lodge. Gil's Pitstop. It's just concept art for that most likely.

• I'm pretty sure the male shadow is Luke, it'd make sense as he's in every episode and it matches his concept art I think

• edited March 2017

It is the Ski Lodge. Look at the bells in the top right, it goes with the christmas type theme the ski lodge had and if you save the image on Jesse Maccabe's website it's titled 'wd2SkiLodgeinteriorD'

There's other concept art of the Pitstop on his website so it's definitely not a revamp.

No, not the ski-lodge. Gil's Pitstop. It's just concept art for that most likely.

• edited March 2017

You're right. Kenny doesn't have any 'gaps' in his shadow concept art and Luke is the only other person with his hands in his pockets so it's definitely him.
    Maybe this is orginally where Luke reveals that Matthew is Walter's partner?

Flog61 posted: »

I'm pretty sure the male shadow is Luke, it'd make sense as he's in every episode and it matches his concept art I think

• Those bells look like regular lights, but eh, if it says ski-lodge, I guess it is then. I've always thought that was just a concept of the bathroom from All That Remains.

It is the Ski Lodge. Look at the bells in the top right, it goes with the christmas type theme the ski lodge had and if you save the image o

• Yeah I thought the same too actually. Someone pointed out the bells to me and I noticed it was posted alongside the other ep2 concept art and I decided to save it when I noticed the filename.

Those bells look like regular lights, but eh, if it says ski-lodge, I guess it is then. I've always thought that was just a concept of the bathroom from All That Remains.

• edited March 2017

Compare & see if you don't believe me.

You're right. Kenny doesn't have any 'gaps' in his shadow concept art and Luke is the only other person with his hands in his pockets so it's definitely him. Maybe this is orginally where Luke reveals that Matthew is Walter's partner?

• I thought you were talking about Otis from the show in season 2

AgentZ46 posted: »

Yes! Sorry, I got the name wrong.

• edited March 2017

The reason why Clem's hoodie model isn't used is because her hair clips through it all the time (lol).

Not really the reason.

The reason why Clem's hoodie model isn't used is because her hair clips through it all the time (lol). EDIT: It looks like I was wrong, the hood model works fine, I'm just an idiot. Clem pics are still cute tho!

• Okay then--the fuck are Clementine and Luke doing in the bathroom to begin with?

Flog61 posted: »

I'm pretty sure the male shadow is Luke, it'd make sense as he's in every episode and it matches his concept art I think

• I doubt either were ever planned to be in this area at the same time. I assume both are just drawn in here for the sake of scaling the rest of the room to make it easier to know the size of everything in the room.

• And I suppose you know the real reason?

The reason why Clem's hoodie model isn't used is because her hair clips through it all the time (lol). Not really the reason.

• She is an Assassin. I love it.

• that's nasty

or should i say

the nasty

sorry bad joke

Okay then--the fuck are Clementine and Luke doing in the bathroom to begin with?

• wtf

that's nasty or should i say the nasty sorry bad joke

• edited March 2017

WARNING: GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS AND MIND-BLOWING STUFF

There is something I noticed and I don't think anyone else did. Badger's situation is very similar to Britt Warrick's from Game of Thrones. What do I mean by that? Here it is:

1. Both killed the main protagonists' family members in the first episodes of the seasons

2. Both lied to their friends that the protagonists attacked first

3. Both are fighting the protagonists in the third episodes of the seasons

4. Both are injured by the protagonists and we're (Possibly) given the option to either kill them or let them bleed to death

Yep, Telltale is also re-using stuff from their other games, not just the previous seasons of TWD.

• Don't know if it's been said, but the cup Javier hits Badger with in the episode 3 trailer actually says
    'WORLDS BEST UNCLE' on it.

• Javier should own it.

Don't know if it's been said, but the cup Javier hits Badger with in the episode 3 trailer actually says 'WORLDS BEST UNCLE' on it.

• Do you know why? I just assumed since it looks silly that her hairs pokes out like that and they weren't able to fix it so it isn't used.

The reason why Clem's hoodie model isn't used is because her hair clips through it all the time (lol). Not really the reason.

• It's not that I don't believe you, I thought the same but look really closely. Forgive my bad image editing skills:

enter image description here enter image description here

Notice how both their feet are pointed the same way, but look very closely at the little shadow on Luke's right foot.
    Also look closely at the gap between Luke's arm and his body.

Here are both shadows together:

Here's my superb editing skills if you don't see it:

enter image description here enter image description here

Compare & see if you don't believe me.

• edited March 2017

Their poses are similar, and that hat kinda threw me off, and those lil textures in the back that make the holes on those models in the concept art.

Wasn't expecting the printed beta model to be in the Episode 2 concept art, that probably means that they were planning this before the game came out.

It's not that I don't believe you, I thought the same but look really closely. Forgive my bad image editing skills: Notice how both

• I don't see the point of having "George" in Season 2. It's stupid.

Clementine and Carver can both use fake names of people they once knew in A House Divided depending on what dialogue options you choose.

• It's to further strengthen Carver's personal animosity with Alvin and it was flat out explained on the Telltale Stream that it was also to make it clear that all members of the Cabin Group aren't completely innocent, even Alvin.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't see the point of having "George" in Season 2. It's stupid.

• No wonder that Telltale is always finiding excuses for character's actions.

It's to further strengthen Carver's personal animosity with Alvin and it was flat out explained on the Telltale Stream that it was also to make it clear that all members of the Cabin Group aren't completely innocent, even Alvin.

• edited March 2017

I played 400 Days for the first time and there is something I noticed.

If you look at Wyatt's picture on the board at the gas station, there is nothing interesting about.

But if you look at it on Tavia's hand at the camp, Wyatt wears a hat.

This is one of the strangest details to be discovered.

• That's because Wyatt is Kenny's brother in-law. They had to hint at it somehow.

I played 400 Days for the first time and there is something I noticed. If you look at Wyatt's picture on the board at the gas station, th

• edited March 2017

I will kill Badger until he dies from it.

Edit: btw that was a reference to this

I'm well aware of the fact that killing someone is usually lethal lol

WARNING: GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS AND MIND-BLOWING STUFF There is something I noticed and I don't think anyone else did. Badger's situati

Sign in to comment in this discussion.