Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

The only part about it that was sloppy was Sarah, honestly

The rest of it (the deck collapsing and etc) was alright

DabigRG posted: »

Oh yeah, I do recall that gap. Huh. Guess they did put a tad more thought into that slopply dumb scene then I thought.

• The only part about it that was sloppy was Sarah, honestly

Ah, you mean the only thing I care about? Yeah, that is a small part of it.

(Which isn't to say that wasn't a great place to have an action sequence.)

Deltino posted: »

The only part about it that was sloppy was Sarah, honestly The rest of it (the deck collapsing and etc) was alright

• Hmm, I had never heard that line from Glenn, definitely interesting! I believe the writers wanted Lee to die from the start, so that might very well have been intentional.

BHBrowne posted: »

BHBrowne's Details Extravaganza - The Jewelry Store and Lee's Death If you don't break the Bonnie, the ice dies. So, this is a little

• edited March 2017

Let me just copy my comment from a few months ago (the linked thread goes further into details):

Why "A New Frontier" should take place five years in, not four

This is the timeline I created a few weeks before "A New Frontier" (it isn't official and makes some mistakes too, but is pretty accurate nonetheless, without wanting to pat my own shoulder).

It doesn't include the comics, but I have Clem's birthday between Day 1560 and Day 1570. There's also a comment on the thread explaining how Clem shouldn't be 13 yet in regards to the comics. This turned out to probably be a mistake on the wiki's part, but now that the game is out, there's a new problem: How can it be summertime and four years in if Clementine is 13? Let me elaborate (also note that Telltale seems to be semi-aware of this as well, as you'll say later in the post).

If you look at the vegetation in "A New Day", you can see that it's clearly summertime. Clementine is 8 back then.

enter image description here

This coincides with the Crawford tapes putting the outbreak on July 20, but let's leave exact dates out of this. Let's focus on nothing but the season, which in this case is either late spring or summer. It should be noted that Diana's "springbreak" comment seems to have been retconned after Episode 1 already, as 3 months later, it's clearly fall.

Which brings us to exactly that. "Starved For Help" takes place pretty much three months in ("A New Day" was only a few days at the very beginning). This is how the vegetation looks like now.

This means it's likely in October (though my claim of October 21 might be too generous, it's probably a bit earlier), which again coincides well enough with both the Crawford tapes and the assessment that it was summer three months before this.

Now on to "Long Road Ahead". There are now completely bare trees, meaning it's likely late October or early November. Note that this is a few days after Clementine's 9th birthday!

So it should be fairly obvious that Clementine's birthday is in October/November. The exact date doesn't really matter. What matters is that "A New Frontier" used to claim that it takes place four years in. Now the announcement page from late November says "Years after society was ripped apart by undead hands [...]" when it used to say "Four years after society was ripped apart by undead hands [...]". This shows to me that Telltale is at least aware of the issue they created here, which is good. Everyone makes mistakes.

However, since it's clearly summer in "A New Frontier" (vegetation and crickets), and Clementine is 13, I'm going to go with this: "A New Frontier" actually takes place five years in.

That would mean that Clementine is 13 and turning 14 in a few months (as opposed to "should be 12 and only turning 13 in a few months").

Problems with this created in "A New Frontier" itself off the top of my head:

• Kate's comment about people hoarding all kinds of shit "these past four years".
    • Mariana's and Gabe's age (though this can be fixed easily as their age before the outbreak is never revealed).
    • Jesus being there.

I hope Telltale fixes this in the upcoming episodes by just acting as if it's five years in instead of four years. As I remember it, the comics are much more ambigious as to when they exactly take place and how far they're in, so I hope one could bend it so that they're further in than the game to fix any issues like Jesus being there.

EDIT: As pointed out by @Megaodg33 on a different thread, Clementine wearing a jacket indicates that it's spring rather than summer. This fixes the issue with Kate's comment (it hasn't been five years yet) and makes it possible for Clem to be 13 as well. It also gives a few more months to the timeline to explain how Jesus can be there.

Telltale's apocalypse started on the 21st July, 2003. Lee likely found her either on day one or two. The entirety of the episode was two day

• enter link description here
    The guy who shoots the Willington woman is the same guy you encounter as havi when surrendering for Kates help at 12:00
    I didn't notice David made the attack on Willington UNTILL now

• It could just be a reused model, who knows.

enter link description here The guy who shoots the Willington woman is the same guy you encounter as havi when surrendering for Kates help at 12:00 I didn't notice David made the attack on Willington UNTILL now

• It could be both.

LeeClemKen posted: »

It could just be a reused model, who knows.

• Going by the unused dialogue for that scene, the attackers were likely just meant to be a bunch of families that banded together rather than New Frontier agents. With that said, there's nothing keeping that guy from later joining the New Frontier so time later.

enter link description here The guy who shoots the Willington woman is the same guy you encounter as havi when surrendering for Kates help at 12:00 I didn't notice David made the attack on Willington UNTILL now

• In the PAX Trailer, David doesnt have a mark on his Neck.

enter image description here enter image description here

• You can see it on the left, the opposite side... Maybe it was accidentally mirrored?

Poogers555 posted: »

In the PAX Trailer, David doesnt have a mark on his Neck.

• Hmmm true.

I wonder why they mirrored it

Davissons posted: »

You can see it on the left, the opposite side... Maybe it was accidentally mirrored?

• Probably a rendering error or a retcon for plot purposes.

Hmmm true. I wonder why they mirrored it

• edited March 2017

Not many people know this but...David, is a dick.

Also there's one about Bonnie and ice but you know, old news. >.> <.<

• David, is a dick.

Proof or you're lying.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Not many people know this but...David, is a dick. Also there's one about Bonnie and ice but you know, old news. >.> <.<

• Okay.

David is a male. >.>

Males tend to have dicks <.<

Thus!

David, is a dick >.> <.<

Also look at that face!

Pure, dicky evil! See look at the sign behind him, even it says Be Careful.

Wait...oh god they did it again. That shit with the signs noting stuff, like the stop signs around Clem and Gabe to the danger signs in No Going Back. Next there'll be a sign really stating the obvious in a dangerous situation like 'you should probably just run.' XD

David, is a dick. Proof or you're lying.

• edited March 2017

Davidlooks like he's trying to comprehend what he's looking at.

That shit with the signs noting stuff, like the stop signs around Clem and Gabe to the danger signs in No Going Back

Gabe is in the trailer? Cause I don't recall seeing him, Kate, or Conrad.

Okay. David is a male. >.> Males tend to have dicks <.< Thus! David, is a dick >.> <.< Also look

• ^^ oh nu nu I'm talking about the previous episodes, like Episode 2 of Season 3, where Clem and Gabe are talking along and Eleanor says to Javi if they'll hit it off. There's a bunch of stop signs around Clem and Gabe at that point XD as if literally 'stop! this needs to stop!'

And come to think of it you're right, about the comprehending thingy. God i'm worried about what's going on in those scenes ;_; I don't trust David at all.

Davidlooks like he's trying to comprehend what he's looking at. That shit with the signs noting stuff, like the stop signs around Clem

• edited March 2017

(!) Please do not break the immersion of the story by replying "who cares." There is no need to ruin the experience of users who want to discuss the material we got—regardless of whether it is of your like or dislike.

As we can see in the exclusive trailer released during PAX East 2017 for "Above The Law," Alvie has been under the care of somebody in Richmond or the New Frontier while Clementine was away.

An aspect that has some concerned is that the child is noticeably paler and with bags under his eyes. Theories have emerged that he could be bitten; one that I like suggests that the New Frontier wants to put him out of his misery before he turns and Clementine is opposed to that. However, it's also possible that his detrimental health state is due to a shortage of resources at New Richmond and, in a broader sense, the New Frontier's network in general.

pic

I believe it's worth noting that Alvie does not panic nor scream when Ava—under David's orders—takes him away from Clementine, though he did become anxious the first time he encountered Ava; he repeatedly pulled one of his feet and also avoided all eye contact with her. Since we also already know that somebody at Richmond or the New Frontier has been taking care of him, chances are looking like Ava has been that somebody.

It would be a heart-wrecking emotional punch for Clementine to realize that Alvin has become at least partly detached from her, following her time away.

But we also have to keep in mind Ava's own experience.

Let's imagine, for the sake of this sympathy exercise, that—for a month or so—Ava every day did her best to get her hands on baby food and formula; keep Alvie relatively entertained; aid him when he had to urinate and defecate; and also woke up and went to sleep beside him. Let's say she became attached to him. Due to circumstances—just as it happened to Clem—a child without caretaker popped into her surroundings, and she decided to take care of him herself. And now Clementine is back.

This isn't to say that Ava gets to continue to look after Alvie just because she was with him for a couple of weeks. My point is that—regardless of Alvin's future whereabouts—we would ideally be able to at least understand that Ava is a person and that she might be emotionally involved with the baby the same way that Clementine is; and keep this in mind at the time of making decisions.

pic

I would be disappointed to see, if it came to it, that the majority of players decided to leave Ava to die because she took Alvin out of Clem's grip. I can picture it happen already, which is why I write the post.

• as if literally 'stop! this needs to stop!'

"Shut up, shut up. Shut the fuck up."

And come to think of it you're right, about the comprehending thingy. God i'm worried about what's going on in those scenes ;_;

Oh god, I hope they aren't gonna pull a Carver with him unless they can make it legit interesting. Maybe by making him Blue and Orange about AJ(I assume), like with the St. Johns.

I don't trust David at all.

Yeah, I noticed. Btw, are you the one that was shitting on Kenny the entire time he was onscreen?
    Cause not to sound sexist, but that sounds about right despite the handful of screentime David actually had so far.

^^ oh nu nu I'm talking about the previous episodes, like Episode 2 of Season 3, where Clem and Gabe are talking along and Eleanor says to J

• So during that Badger fight scene in the teaser, I noticed Telltale did something actually pretty cool

The mug says "Worlds Best Uncle."

Javi is the uncle of Mari, who is going to get revenge for her death

• edited March 2017

I do hope David has some depth to him in Above the Law. I'm no doubt guessing his daughter's death will hit him hard, but it amazes me Badger is still alive if that's the case. Maybe Badger cut and run before David could do anything and Javi is hunting him down? In terms of David, I'm going to guess things will be more or less okay at first being reunited with his family, but that things will gradually start breaking down between him and Javi, or having his family serves some conflict to what's going on his Frontier group.

O.o what do you mean about shitting on Kenny? Are you talking about me and Sialark's playthrough, because Sialark doesn't like him very much, and for me I liked Kenny, but I fell out with the guy halfway through Season 2. I cared about him up until then, after that the plot kinda just killed it with trying to see how far the player would go to side with Kenny and to put others against him, and silly baby hiding plots to get him mad.

But I don't remember shitting on him an entire time. I know Sialark was plenty upset though and I know I did say some things. I'll need to go through them again it's been a while. I don't hate Kenny, I was happy as hell to see him come back in Episode 2. I guess I just don't like what became of him.

But the screen time thing doesn't mean much to me, it's the behavior towards Javi and some of the things Kate has brought up, along with David anger issue over the broken glass that concerns me a bit. it could be David has anger issues from being jealous over his brother and mad he wasn't around, but some of his behavior makes me wonder if he does behave violent in an abusive way from how Kate was nervous about the broken glass than her own cut hand. I don't know, I got a bad feeling about him. That and Clem got branded because of his group, so yup, hate him XD

as if literally 'stop! this needs to stop!' "Shut up, shut up. Shut the fuck up." And come to think of it you're right, about

• [The gist of it is Ava wants to adopt AJ as her own]

That's actually one of the backup theories I (and maybe a select few others) came up with in regards to her potential major role in the story. But since the cat's out of the bag on that one, I guess it wouldn't hurt to talk about in the extremely near future.

I would be disappointed to see, if it came to it, that the majority of players decided to leave Ava to die because she took Alvin out of Clem's grip. I can picture it happen already, which is why I write the post.

Yeah, that'd be lame unless another possible prediction of mine comes true in the lead-up to it. Though it'd likely be noticeably less crazy awesome than I'd imagine.

(!) Please do not break the immersion of the story by replying "who cares." There is no need to ruin the experience of users who want to dis

• edited March 2017

That's...a random as hell easter egg. Seriously, unless Javier or Hector had kids out of wedlock, that has no business being there.

Unless it means Badger was a uncle once....

So during that Badger fight scene in the teaser, I noticed Telltale did something actually pretty cool The mug says "Worlds Best Uncle." Javi is the uncle of Mari, who is going to get revenge for her death

• Wait wait. Javier in the footage hits Badger with that mug. It's a literal pun to him getting revenge on Mari, striking her killer with the 'Worlds Best Uncle' mug.

But the uncle thing on Badger could be possible.

That's...a random as hell easter egg. Seriously, unless Javier or Hector had kids out of wedlock, that has no business being there. Unless it means Badger was a uncle once....

• At the same time tho

Who even has a "worlds best uncle" mug lmao

Wait wait. Javier in the footage hits Badger with that mug. It's a literal pun to him getting revenge on Mari, striking her killer with the 'Worlds Best Uncle' mug. But the uncle thing on Badger could be possible.

• That's part of what I meant! :joy:

At the same time tho Who even has a "worlds best uncle" mug lmao

• But the uncle thing on Badger could be possible.

They need something to pull out of their ass to make him "interesting"....

Wait wait. Javier in the footage hits Badger with that mug. It's a literal pun to him getting revenge on Mari, striking her killer with the 'Worlds Best Uncle' mug. But the uncle thing on Badger could be possible.

• Well Otis had a "Worlds best mom" mug but he certainly wasn't anyone's mother.

That's...a random as hell easter egg. Seriously, unless Javier or Hector had kids out of wedlock, that has no business being there. Unless it means Badger was a uncle once....

• That reference eludes me

AgentZ46 posted: »

Well Otis had a "Worlds best mom" mug but he certainly wasn't anyone's mother.

• Otis from the Michonne dlc had a "worlds best mom" mug.

That reference eludes me

• Otis...you mean Oak?

Otis from the Michonne dlc had a "worlds best mom" mug.

• Yes! Sorry, I got the name wrong.

Otis...you mean Oak?

• Yeah, I just found a picture of that and its a hilarious sight gag.

Yes! Sorry, I got the name wrong.

• Sarah was reading her book the Gurgles, which involves trans-dimensional bodysnatchers, behind Carlos's back, which is why she tells you not to tell her dad if you ask why she's still up: she was apparently referring to the book itself.
    Carlos himself mentions that she "has her book" as an excuse for why she's not at the meeting when Pete asks about her whereabouts and the book is later seen on the kitchen table when he's examining Clementine and reprimanding her for manipulating his daughter.

• edited March 2017

So apparently, Arvo really was gonna be in trouble with Buricko and Vitali for trying to stash the medicine and originally would've came running out of the woods when the Howe's Ski Cabin Group happened by.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently his similarities to Sarah might've been more overt/intentional since he was originally gonna be Spanish but was changed to Russian for the sake of making the situation as tense and ambiguous as possible. ...Which would explain Kenny's hilariously racist on two accounts comment.

• Mike spelled Casanova wrong.

• Dammit, Telltale!

Sarah was reading her book the Gurgles, which involves trans-dimensional bodysnatchers, behind Carlos's back, which is why she tells you not

• If he was bit, they wouldn't bother taking him. He's definitely ill, and the smart dressed guy with Ava and David is most likely a doctor. There's some concept art of a clinic so that's pretty much confirmation.

(!) Please do not break the immersion of the story by replying "who cares." There is no need to ruin the experience of users who want to dis

• Uh, what's the dammit referring to?

Dammit, Telltale!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.