Ideas for Season 3, Brainstorming

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
I think we should think up some ideas for s3.
I will let everyone post here for their s3 ideas.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    I think Superball will return.
    Sybil and Abe will start living in a house or have children. Some mutation perhaps.
    We will see the Beelzebub.
    Soda poppers will return.
    The C.O.P.S can finally pimp your car.
    Ill have more ideas soon.
  • edited January 2009
    I don't really think the Soda Poppers will be back. Ok, perhaps a one-time cameo as ghosts or something for the lulz, but I guess the lava bath was Telltale's way of saying "We get it, they're not exactly popular".

More difficulty is always a good thing (as long as it doesn't enter the illogical puzzles territory), maybe letting the player choose between two different settings like in Monkey Island, though that'd be complicated to do in a monthly basis and would probably cause delays. The car key item that was mentioned in the other topic is also a nice idea.
  • edited January 2009
    Well, the Soda Poppers showed up in season two...

I think that someone from the HR universe should pop up as a gag or something...kinda like how the Max T-Shirt was in SBCG4AP 2, I think.
  • edited January 2009
    check hrwiki for this, it is been done
  • edited January 2009
    The game is called sam and max, it should bew sam. s3 should have max playable with his own inventory, they need as button for switching the characters.
  • edited January 2009
    As in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, or Maniac Mansion 1-2?
  • edited January 2009
    How about a story where Sam and Max are surfing the highway but then they crash into a truck. There is nobody in the truck but on the side of a truck is a message hand-painted by the commisioner saying that there is bad trouble at the edge of the earth. It turns out that a army of 34 foot ant eaters are moonwalking too much and are falling of the edge of the world and causing the earth's gravitational pull to be knocked about and if they dont stop moonwalking to 80's music then the earth is doomed to fall into a wormhole or the toasty sun. Sam and max leap into action challenging them to a dance off trying to get them to dance forward instead of doing the moon-walk (which makes them dance backwards and not see where they are going and fall of the edge)

Just a quick idea.
  • edited January 2009
    ummmm.... what?

that is confusing to the point of upsetting.
  • edited January 2009
    They find out that that the art in the local museum is gone blank. Worse, the visitors are being sucked into the paintings, and Rainbow colored humanoid blobs are running amok
  • edited January 2009
    It would be very nice if the 3rd season starts in Hawaii with the two (or on the beaches of Brazil ... my dream, :cool: hehe) enjoying his deserved vacation after working for two long seasons, and then discontinued after the holidays more of a connection Commissioner .... back to work freelance police!
  • edited January 2009
    Sam & Max meet strong bad... a crime in strong Badia... Maybe some Trogdor?
  • ArtArt
    edited January 2009
    ac1041 wrote: »
    The game is called sam and max, it should bew sam. s3 should have max playable with his own inventory, they need as button for switching the characters.

That' a good idea.:D
    RicMau wrote: »
    It would be very nice if the 3rd season starts in Hawaii with the two (or on the beaches of Brazil ... my dream, :cool: hehe) enjoying his deserved vacation after working for two long seasons, and then discontinued after the holidays more of a connection Commissioner .... back to work freelance police!

Good for Sam and Max. Good idea.:D
  • edited January 2009
    Art wrote: »
    That' a good idea.:D

Good for Sam and Max. Good idea.:D

Thank you! :)
  • edited January 2009
    The Art thing could be in hawaii
  • edited January 2009
    hmmm lets see changeing/switching charecters would be nice, Superball returning,Bosco is a must have, C.O.P.S must return period, sybil and abe should have a season break but on the last episode you see sybil as a archiologist, Santa comeing back and being a playable charecter along with Flintpaper,
  • edited January 2009
    I'm sure whatever the story is, they probably know what it is, or at least what direction it's going in. And they probably won't use ideas from these boards unless it's
    THE BEST IDEA EVER!(tm)
  • edited January 2009
    I think they should be linked to a evil scientist who wants to steal everyone's emotion and energy, and make a huge puppet to take over the world
    1-Steals happiness in Hawaii through the paintings he donated,makes people blobs which steal more people and create more blobs. which steals hearts
    2-Steals Rhythm and Anger in Miami by placing a Beat boxer made into a monster in a popular club, which steals spirit
    3-
  • ArtArt
    edited January 2009
    RicMau wrote: »
    Thank you! :)

Your welcome. Bosco must be back. Organic Listening device too. I have only played season 1 on wii.:( Can't wait for season 2 on Wii.
  • edited January 2009
    How about a story where Sam and Max are surfing the highway but then they crash into a truck. There is nobody in the truck but on the side of a truck is a message hand-painted by the commisioner saying that there is bad trouble at the edge of the earth.
    -snip-

You put Waaaaaaaay too much thought into this... it's a little creepy... out of curiosity in your S3-moonwalking-anteater-plot, is the main villain behind it Michael Jackson? (And do you have to reunite him with his nose to solve a puzzle? *evil grin* sorry, couldn't resist that one)
  • edited January 2009
    BShoyer wrote: »
    ummmm.... what?

that is confusing to the point of upsetting.

Not really, guess your just slow (so there :D )

Besides, have you played season 2? did you see how crazy and complicated that got? yet mines confusing? sigh...
  • edited January 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    You put Waaaaaaaay too much thought into this... it's a little creepy... out of curiosity in your S3-moonwalking-anteater-plot, is the main villain behind it Michael Jackson? (And do you have to reunite him with his nose to solve a puzzle? *evil grin* sorry, couldn't resist that one)

Too much thought into this??? it took me literally 2 minutes to make up as i went along.

Nah, No Jackson lol

he was already the villian of the first season lol
  • edited January 2009
    dimomarg wrote: »

Somehow "Translucent Dessert-related Substance" feels very Sam & Maxish
  • edited January 2009
    A puzzle that can be solved with dynamite.
  • edited January 2009
    dimomarg wrote: »

That's perfect. For an episode it takes place after episode 5 of Strongbad since the ending was
    Trogdor coems back to life burninating everyone as they run for their lives.
    and Sam and Max come to save the day:)
  • edited January 2009
    My Ideas,
    1 They have to stop the desoto from hurting abe and sybil, they have to use a broken motorcycle to find them, the commissioner Tells them that they need to replace the Demon AI with a new AI, or else the desoto will explode and cut off all oxygen in the atmosphere. So they go to Different places, and the commissioner Calls, giving them another case.
    2 a crazy magician, that is 500 years old wants to steal parts of people to power his Giant puppets, He sets up His 3 Minions, Toleto, is sent to Hawaii, and steals the heart, Toreto, who steals the mind in an art museum in Hollywood, and Toneto, who steals the Senses at a poetry jam in Orlando
  • edited January 2009
    1 - Bosco needs to sell his Bosco-Tech weird things again
    2 - Superball could be the villain of the season
    3 - Sam and Max could be reduced to molecular size and go inside Bosco
    4 - Play as Max (the character switch button is an excellent idea)
    5 - An episode that the Desoto turn into a EVIL monster truck

That's all I have for now
  • edited January 2009
    Ok so I recon they can afford to do quick transformer spin off now that S&M's car is Evil!!!!! Dun dun dahHHH!!!!!!:eek:... ahem ... So some puzzle concerning either the dee transformation of the car so they can use it or the car just decided to "Desoto Maximise!"... In this case you could call the episode "Sam and Max Hit the Road..... Walking",

Which then brings me back to my next point, although I am Australian.. I love the fact that Sam and Max are Very Pro American (one of the main reasons Sam and Max hit the road was so good) which is probably the result of some of the most funniest moments of their characters and it requires that if there should be a decision in locations, it should have something to do within America or a country that is known to have a relationship with America, Hopefully something on the funny side, Somebody did mention france where you could bring out all the old jerry louis and snail eating gags etc. you could even bring back the french version of bosco for this one.

Personal note: So excited for the come back of Sam and Max in S3.

S&M The Mole Man Strikes Back.
    S&M The Day That Some Thing Happened
    S&M Saving Private Superball
    S&M The Lagamorph (parody of the movie 'The Labyrinth')
    S&M 24 ............... 25 26 27 (starring Sam and Max Bower) (24 parody)
  • edited January 2009
    I've said it twice before, and I'll say it again: Arnold Schwarzenegger as Max.
  • edited January 2009
    They could go to a underground molepeople inhabited city and the villian of the episode would be a star-faced moleman.
  • edited January 2009
    Sam and Max dance the Timewarp!!!

This just has GOT to happen! lol

I dare you! If you dont make it happen, I will be forced to do it myself! They're so wacky the HAVE to do the timewarp atleast once! *insane grin*
  • edited January 2009
    Sam and Max episodes. Well, could be in season 3:

S&M 301: What goes up must come down (S&M in haven)
    S&M 302: The fall of New York (mole man dig a giant hole over S&Mes street)
    S&M 303: Santa Claus is coming to town ( you better watch out...)
    S&M 304: The soda wave (The return of the soda poppers)
    S&M 305: Sam and max the motion picture (S&Mes last performance in season 3)
  • edited January 2009
    Okay there is one thing i want to see done differently in season 3.

I think the episodes are flawless but i was always annoyed that telltale games seemed to ditch the tradition of sam and max fighting over the phone. In the comics, the animated series and the original game they would fight each other for the phone but ever since season 1 onwards its seemed to be toned down alot. Why? was it too hard to animate?

It isn't a major thing but it is something i hope they work on for the next one.
  • edited January 2009
    What are u talking about? I'm talking about S&M episodes in S3.
  • edited January 2009
    ooh this one is good: how about the demon possessing the Desoto is unleashed and Sam and Max have to go round it up?
  • edited January 2009
    I don't really care, I just want it now! At least a small bit of info, some concept art, anything!
  • edited January 2009
    Max turning my monkeys into GOLD! GOOOOOOOOLD! Oh wait, they did that with the heart in ep. 203. Something involving Japan would be cool, like Sam & Max are trapped in an old-timey Edo version Straight & Narrow or something. Or someone get's murdered at a an anime-convention. Infact, just a murder mystery in general would be nice. Hooray for murder!
  • edited January 2009
    Sam & Max should go help solve a crime or something in the Maniac Mansion :D

maybe even have some more time traveling :D haha that just never gets old.
  • edited January 2009
    What are u talking about? I'm talking about S&M episodes in S3.

so what?

it's still to do with what i want to see in season 3 so dont be rude.
  • edited January 2009
    NO RUDENESS! I hope Bosco is more paranoid than ever thanks to that Garden of Eden apple cider.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2009
    Opening scene:
    TV Ad - Fullscreen - TV video effect
    AD ANNOUNCER: "You wanted him out of the Office" (Black and white Max "leaving" the White House"
    AD ANNOUNCER: "Impeachments, protests, freak shows" (Copies of Max Impeachment Weekly, a few "freak shows" photos)
    FADES TO BLACK:
    AD ANNOUNCER: "Now it's payback time"
    CHANGES TO President Seal in the back, Max in the foreground
    AD ANNOUNCER: "President Max, still in the Office"

CUTS TO:
    OVAL OFFICE
    Sam: Max I don't know if our constituents will approve ...
    Max: I don't care, Sam
    Sam: .. spending the last million in the budget for your ad, specially since you're leaving the office next week
    Max: Exactly Sam, consider it a goodbye warning/present
    Sam: You crack me up, little commander in chief

Telephone rings:
    Sam: Yes, Yes, No, Really! Holy <insert Samism>, WE'RE ON OUR WAY!
    Max: Funny, I don't recall ordering a census
    Sam: It was the Commissioner, knucklehead. Several pieces of art were replaced with drawings made out of ketchup in the local museum.

Max: Ah.. so they passed my law on cultural improvement.
    Sam: Fortunately, that law didn't pass. I suppose we could head there anyway, unless you have something else to do.
    Max: ...Shotgun!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.